Favorite rivalries in comics?

Favorite rivalries in comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

1.bp.blogspot.com/-8mYH3NmYBo0/TfWsIqjTmRI/AAAAAAAAEDE/j5tda7pllC8/s1600/Amazing+Spiderman+657.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait, so Greg Land traced this image?

Wouldn't the Hulk completely demolish the Thing?

Fanart by Christopher Stevens, June 30, 2010

Cover by Greg Land, Future Imperfect 2, 2015

This was Pre-Secret Wars Hulk, back then those two were at the same power level.

Not a rivality, buut I loved the Punisher/Bullseye dinamic

The Thing always lost to Hulk, even back in the day. The point was that The Thing NEVER gave up, and his tenacity was enough for him to stand up to odds that he couldn't win. It was THE best "one man vs. impossible odds" matchup in Marvel EVER and the fact that they were able to do it so many times and make it work EVERY time was incredible. Such a classic rivalry.

Stevens' eventually hired by Marvel as a (mostly variant) cover artist.

So the Hulk could always win?

If really wanted to, yeah

What is the thought of the Hood, versus the Punisher turn out like?

what

The Thing had one weapon Hulk never had (Peter David era excluded): Intelligence. So The Thing occasionally (read: frequently) had the Fantastic Four help him out, often in the form of Reed's technological assists. So The Thing did win on occasion, but it usually took shenanigans for it to happen.

You sir, are a man of taste and refinement.

I think Grayson only see Deathstroke like a thorn in his ass. And never had a personal thing against him.

No Dick definitely hates him.

Hal Jordan, and any object that strikes his head.

Hulk vs. Thing has always been an uphill battle for the thing. Hulk wins, but between Ben's close strength and the fact that he's formally trained as a boxer and focuses, Grimm is who you call when you need to stall the Hulk.

The Thing is also a professional wrestler in a "real" wrestling fed for superheroes.

Hope they never mention Bludheaven again. That was a retarded move.

Punisher vs Daredevil is my favorite rivalry because their fights are almost always horrible ugly drawn out slugfests where they both get fucked up badly.

It doesn't matter who's writing. It doesn't matter who's book it is. It doesn't matter who's drawing.

Back before the Hulk became a meme it was possible to tire him out, Something the Thing could do often.

I dislike what a bad rap Ben gets in comics really. It's like when people whined about Thing vs Namor like Namor should have just trounced him even under water.

Even under Water Namor would be assblasted by the Hulk so why does ben suddenly have a glass jaw when he's probably one of the toughest motherfuckers in marvel, even if he's not the strongest.

This.

And Image related; not because it's a real rivalry or anything, but because it's funny as fuck.

lul

The Thing is a better character than the Hulk because thing-fags don't exist. You don't have Ben Grimm fanboys growing up and writing crossovers where the Thing beats up everyone and is the bestest strongest character.

actually, that makes me smile.

I'd love to see a wrestling crossover, where all the big powerhouses wrestle each other and it comes down to herc and The Thing because those are the only ones who know how to properly wrestle.

It would be nice to showcase all the bricks and flying bricks and make the power level fags butthurt.

a relatively new one.

The problem is, Namor used to be able to beat Hulk back in the day. And he's stronger then Ben on land. So him losing underwater is ludicrous.
>he's probably one of the toughest motherfuckers in marvel, even if he's not the strongest
When it comes to heart, sure. But he got turned into soup by a casual punch from Gladiator. Namor is in that league, or close.

I actually have a comic like that, an old one where the whole marvel universe gets challenged to a boxing match by one of the... I forget, eternals? and everyone's fighting but falls to THe Champion even Ben Grimm.

But Ben is the only one that gets up and keeps slugging so The Champion decalres The Thing to have won and saved the Earth.

Yea, but he didn't want to fight Hulk, and Thor jobbed hard.

Thor was disqualified because of mjolnir iirc and Hulk didn't understand the rules because he's retarded so he couldn't qualify.

YOU'VE BEEN TELLING LIES FREDDIE

They kind of spammed this and avengers fights hard in the early years, you could probably find one of each every other year in the first ten
It kind of started to lose it's meaning
Glad they eased off after Avengers Defenders War

Really?

>thing-fags don't exist
I thought it was universally agreed on that The Thing is the best character in the F4

oh it is, but he doesnt have a garbage fanbase

oh, well I guess that is true. I don't think Johnny or Sue-fags exist and Reed fags are terrible, The Maker fags are worse and I'm one. And Doom-fags are the worst also one

i feel like most jonny fags are run offs of spider-fags. there are no suefags. they do not exist.

All sue fags are in universe.

kek

Also, Thor/Hulk is better than Thing/Hulk. At least Thor can win.

it isnt about winning

my nigga

>I don't think Johnny or Sue-fags exist
Suefags exist, they're called writers. They need to drive the point that she's SO POWAFUL in every fucking situation that almost all their enemies worth a shit have to job constantly to MUH FORCEFIELD. Seriously, i know she's powerful, but the idea she can be a threat to someone like Doom is retarded. Also bad is the whole ''the most mature and level headed member of the team''. Sometimes she comes off as a real mary sue.
>Doom-fags are the worst
I'm a very proud Doomfag, but i try to be reasonable.

Thor could obliterate him if he went all out.

there's a difference between being fan and a fag

no he couldn't. all he would do is make hulk more mad

Fuck off, Hulkfag. Thor has been killing skyfather+ level beings for decades, and he said he never fights ANY mortal with more then a third of his strength. Godblast or winds of a thousand worlds or full power lightning or anti force and Hulk is fucked.

hulk strongest there is

leave this place greg pak

Thor has gone through a lot of power levels. And for once it can kinda make sense, in a meta way. When Thor is popular he is fucking crazy powerful, but when he's not so popular his power level decreases. This kinda makes sense for a god.

But at his high points Thor is far more powerful than Hulk. Take Rune King Thor, King Thor or JMS Thor, they are all far more powerful than even WWH. He has Odinforce power then, and I don't think that is an unfair comparison cause Thor has had Odin force for long periods of time, it's not just a one event time period.

Yeah well Logan can't win against Spidey either

This.

He has had good showings against him, though. Even Kaine had trouble putting down Wolverine.

No, but what's the point if you know one guy doesn't stand a chance?

because he's fighting the good fight user. standing up in face of total defeat. valiance and courage and shit.

Yeah, sure, but it's not a rivalry. That implies some kind of competition. Thing, at best. can only delay the Hulk.

>He has had good showings against him
Because Wolverine gets wanked and Spidey holds back. He could literally rape Wolverine if he went all out, and there would be nothing Bub could do about it.
>Even Kaine had trouble putting down
Wolverine
That's PIS. Spider-Man powerset shits on Wolverine powerset in a fight any day.

Look, I think Spider-man can win something like 6/10, but Wolverine's powerset is a perfect foil for Spider-man's. Think about it. He's fast enough that Spider-man can't dodge him forever, he can one shot him, and he can take Spider-man's best shots and come back for more. Webbing is the game changer, though.

I'd like to see more of an emphasis on his boxing skills.

There's like this unwritten rule with superhero comics that people with super strength aren't allowed to show any kind of technique when they fight.

If the Thing had like, a really good jab, well that would actually be really scary to go up against considering the guy is strong enough to throw tanks around. It would give him a niche that you really couldn't do with the Hulk and it would make his fight scenes a lot more interesting.

Well there was that time Deathstroke killed all of Bludhaven

>He's fast enough that Spider-man can't dodge him forever
Spidey dodges because he likes to goof, but in a fight to the death he'd just grab Logan's arms and rip them out of their sockets. He's a lot faster and A LOT stronger then Wolverine. And yes, between Spider-Sense and his significant speed and agility advantage, he can dodge forever. The only reason Logan tagged him in the scan you posted is because Petey was goofing off during training, and Bub got butthurt and attacked to kill like a retard, after which he promptly got his ass handed to him.
>he can one shot him
In an extremely retarded scenario, sure.
>and he can take Spider-man's best shots and come back for more
Logan is REALLY inconsistent with the amount of blunt-force trauma he can take. In one comic it takes WWH several punches to KO him, in another Cap gives him a concussion. Generally, a barrage from Spidey should turn his brain into paste. But Spidey's best shot would be ripping off his limbs or head, something he is more then capable of doing.

When i think of comic book rival's this is always the first that comes to mind

They're like two five-yearolds:

1.bp.blogspot.com/-8mYH3NmYBo0/TfWsIqjTmRI/AAAAAAAAEDE/j5tda7pllC8/s1600/Amazing+Spiderman+657.jpg

It happens more like: in the godstuff, Thor is usually a planetbuster at least, in mortalstuff he's low-to-high-herald like Bill (which is more than a plenty to obliterate Hulk, come on)

on the other hand, Hulk is the "big strong guy" so his level has to be amped to to even mix him with powerhouses with more diverse powersets

also Hulk is usually PIS personified - surviving Zeus, surviving Zom-Strange, surviving Sentry. the only one that consistently shits on Hulk is Thanos, and rightly so, but I suppose it's because of the usual bad-guy hype, and not in-comic logic.

DERP. Here's the image:

Hulk has some of the most autistic fans, claiming eh could beat Thanos and shit.

>Spidey dodges because he likes to goof, but in a fight to the death he'd just grab Logan's arms and rip them out of their sockets
>Spider-man does something the Hulk and Juggernaut can't do

Shut up, fanboy. Spider-man is better, but just barely.

>>something the Hulk and Juggernaut can't do
They can easily. They don't because that's not how Marvel rolls. His tendons aren't adamantium, user. Wolverine even said Spidey could rip his head off if he had the killer instinct.

> His tendons aren't adamantium, user.
They are, it's stupid as fuck, but they are.

>Wolverine even said Spidey could rip his head off if he had the killer instinct.
No, he said he could possibly break his neck. Spider-man obviously didn't try it, however.

>They are
But that's bullshit. How the fuck does his blood circulate? Well, at least i know the stuff between his vertebrae isn't adamantium, i think that was confirmed. So someone fast and skilled enough could cut his head off. Or rip it.

>DERP
>filename

>no one has posted these two yet

Look, he can regenerate from a skeleton. And that' skeleton doesn't get blown apart even by a nuke. Nobody's pulling his head off. Wolverine is bullshit, and that's that.

This is his highest end feat, and his healing factor has been nerfed ''before he died''. You can't use that as fucking be all end all, ignoring all the times a gun put him down for like ten minutes or Cap kicked his ass.

>using Cap as proof of anything

Steve has knocked out the Hulk, his jobber aura is off the charts. Wolverine has built a career on eating punishment from high-end bricks. Spider-man can't put him down easily, if at all.

>his jobber aura is off the charts
And Wolverine's isn't?
>Wolverine has built a career on eating punishment from high-end bricks
And taking a nap from a literal tap from the Thing. Or getting nerve striken by Daredevil. It goes both ways. Somwhere in the middle, Spidey fucks his shit up.

don't support marvel capeshit then
vote with your wallet

>And Wolverine's isn't?
No, because he was actually created to fight the Hulk.

>And taking a nap from a literal tap from the Thing. Or getting nerve striken by Daredevil.
Low feats.

>Somwhere in the middle, Spidey fucks his shit up.
So why has he never managed to KO him in any of their fights, except the SpOck one?
>inb4 Spider-man holds back
So does every hero.

They tried to explain some of this with a story arc. Every time Logan was pushed past the point of what his regeneration could handle and he would duel an incarnation of Death to come back. They hinted at it a few times when he got gibbed and the story itself was pretty cool. By the end of it his regen was supposed to be at regular levels and not "come back from anything ever" levels.

I'm sure it's been entirely forgotten by now.

>No, because he was actually created to fight the Hulk.
Well holy shit, Punisher was created to fight Spiderman, he should be decimating the likes of Captain America and X-Men. Do you realize how retarded that argument is? Not taking into account how much stronger Hulk's gotten since Wolvie introduction.
>Low feats.
Ok, the nuke is a retardedly high level feat, and i'll disregard it just as easily, as well as any others. So when we get rid of the low and the high feats, we get middle ground.
>So why has he never managed to KO him in any of their fights, except the SpOck one?
Because Spock didn't hold back?
>So does every hero.
Bullshit, and definitely not to the extent of Spider-man, who could kill most of the people he fights with a single punch if he wanted. Spidey hangs around street levels when he's a fucking world class hero.

Thor has killed Sentry, so there is that too. But that's during JMS's run where he had the Odinforce.

Well to be completely accurate Sentry took everything Thor had, including Norn Stones amp and still btfo'd the Avengers simultaneously. Only later he begged to be killed, and Thor was the only one with balls to finish it.

I mean, Remender sees Thor as the heaviest hitter in typical Marvel rosters, and in UA Sentry still clowned Thor twice.

To be fair, It was Sentry amped with a Death Seed, and Death Seeds are known to give a huge boost. Death Seed Wolverine would have killed the Hulk if he hadn't been taken away, Death Seed Archangel was an Apocolypse tier threat, etc.

IMO, I always put Sentry at Hulk-Thor levels, but when he goes Void, that's when he becomes a higher tier. But I always considered the Sentry and Void personas as different Characters.

When you consider them different characters, than you'd have to admit that Sentry is more powerful than Void - he's beaten him (it?) on panel twice. And Void stomped hard everybody else. Most likely Jenkins' Sentry >/= DS Sentry > Void > other Sentries

Agreed on Death Seed though, dude displayed some fucked up cosmic awareness, sensing where Celestials' souls go and shit.

>Remender sees Thor as the heaviest hitter in typical Marvel rosters
what do you mean? I don't think I've ever read Remender doing Thor.

We are talking Seige stuff so I'm confused as to why you bring up Remender is all.

Uncanny Avengers my dude. A very, very good run I daresay.

Ah yes, I read only a couple issues of that cause I found them for .50 each, but only the first 2 issues. I like Remender when he does superheroes, it's one of the few authors I think does better superhero stuff than indi stuff.