So is Robbie just a "Politically correct" Ghost Rider or is he is own character?

So is Robbie just a "Politically correct" Ghost Rider or is he is own character?

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/exclusive-marvel-kills-major-hero-killer-shocker-article-1.2708495
denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/ghost-rider/257747/new-ghost-rider-series-coming-in-november
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's definitely his own character. You should try reading the comic It's actually pretty good

Woah, I won't pretend to know shit about Ghost Rider, how long has he not been spooky skeley?

This one is a bit more Kamen Rider.

Fuck off.

Holy shit, that sounds fucking awesome.

considering that there have been many ghost rider's no

You lying bastard.
It's really not. Robbie Rider is only good for the art. Outside of that it's painfully mediocre. You would do much better to read Blaze and Ketch. Better yet, read Spectre.

how is he politically correct? unless i don't get it, this seems to be the right way to do minorities in entertainment media. his culture informs everything about the story, from the dialect to the daily situations he gets into, to the villains he faces. given how pervasive car culture is to southwest latinos, giving Robbie a muscle car is as appropriate as giving Johnny Blaze a Harley.

but, he isn't just a collection of tropes, either. he has a believable motivation, history, actual flaws and conflict... Latino readers could connect with Robbie, while other readers will get an interesting insight into the lives of Southwest Latinos. What else could you ask for?

other than he be white

Don't listen to the nostalgia fag. Robbie Rider is pretty fucking great. The reason why he's not a spooky skeleton is because he doesn't have the Spirit of Vengeance. He gets his powers from a dead murderous psychopath.

>Blaze and Ketch
>good
kek

he isn't a straight white male

who is also his uncle

How does this get canceled and Miles just goes on and on.

Am I the only one that was enjoying this.

It's relaunching in November.

How is this related?

the only SJW characters are Kamala and Miles.

it's not but he's saying that because they're forcing Mexican Ghost Rider in the SHIELD tv show

robbie is gonna be on agents of shield

How powerful is he compared to the others? Can he beat blaze? Have they ever fought? Can someone rank them powerwise?

What? Kamala isn't remotely an SJW character and Miles was created before Bendis even knew what SJWs were. Him trying to turn Miles into a way to pander to them didn't happen until after the fact.

Hell, it didn't happen until the current volume. 6 months of SJW pandering versus 5 years of existence.

And he appeared the same year as Drive, no less

So if a character is used in an adaptation they can no longer be discussed here?

Aren't all GHost Riders equally powerful?
They all have the same demon/spirit in them right?

im not policing this thread I'm just explaining his line of reasoning

Because his book was terrible, hence why it's going to fail a second.

He's his own character OP.

Robbie doesn't have the Spirit of Vengeance. He's a real Ghost Rider. Johnny Blaze basically just made him an honorary one.

Except his book was great. What didn't you like about it? The fact that it was "not muh" or the fact that the protagonist's skin isn't porcelain white?

>It's bad because I say so!
Can you at least try elaborating your shit taste first?

What are some good Ghost Rider stories?

>Have they fought
Yes they have. They're kinda evenly matched but Johnny Blaze won because obviously he has way more experience.

I like the art so far, my only complaint would be the noodly arms.

Of all the PoC characters created for this all new all different whatever.. he is not only the best handled he is also the strongest. His Writer doesn't push his race, creed or status anywhere in the fucking book. He is just a normal dude in a bad neighborhood trying to do the right thing and making mistakes.. gets a power and does what he can to help people with it. I use Robbie Reyes as an example of what Miles Morales should be... Reyes doesn't need some writer holding his hand and pushing "HOW GREAT HE IS" in someones face.. he is earning his spot as one of my favorite characters in Marvel now.

I feel like Blaze is definitely the strongest Rider, just because writers seem to have his powers basically whatever the fuck they feel like.

While I enjoy the different direction of Robbie, I feel like it really doesn't add anything to the Ghost Rider mythos, which could use a bit more definition. The character itself is so strong that you just need to find a plot to match.

Also, he could use a decent villain (Other than the obvious choice of God, which in a real Ghost Rider book, the question of God would have to be addressed).

Basically, I personally think that you could make a counterpoint to the Lucifer series in the Marvel Universe, just starring Ghost Rider.

Marvel chose to kill hulk because he's white when he's not Hulk.

user's allowed to have a little apprehension.

thats a nice coincidence

>86334707
Muslim girl and replacing Spider-Man with a half black boy isn't SJW?
You, sir or madam, are a SJW

>can't even reply properly
And you're a redditor whose trying way too hard.

Robbie is the diamond in the shitty rough that is Marvel.

Ghost Racers is awesome.

You can't contain the awesomeness of it.

It has a T-Rex ghost Rider with giant metal arms that fly in a Jet.

There is a cowboy centaur ghost Rider.

There is a caveman ghost Rider, riding a flaming undead mamonth.

And so much more...

>There is a caveman ghost Rider, riding a flaming undead mamonth.
Pic? Not that I don't believe you, I just really want to see it.

Plus Secret Wars: Ghost Racers

it is, ignoreyou're an idiot go back to Cred Forums or Cred Forums whichever of the fuck holes from whence you sprung
>how is he politically correct?
as usual retards get upset when a character isn't a straight white male. thats really the only complaint that can be made about robbie.

only problem with his last on-going was that sometimes the art was shit
they should have paid Moore enough to stay on
did we ever figure our how exactly his uncle was able to empower him in the first place?

>How does this get canceled and Miles just goes on and on.
Miles is a spider, is a creation/pet of Bendis, and has more brand recognition simply being a spider-character

>, I feel like it really doesn't add anything to the Ghost Rider mythos, which could use a bit more definition. The character itself is so strong that you just need to find a plot to match.
yeah i dont think the book was really ever able to find its footing.
With Robbie being a teenager, alot of stuff was going to revolve around that; the gang was good start, but i think he does need a nemisis.

>just a "Politically correct" Ghost Ride

Everytime a character is a minority it's political correctness? Fuck off m8. Minorities exist in the world around you.

Marvel didn't say that. That's likely not why they killed him off. You're literaally making shit up.

>Kamala the wacky paki tumblrtard fangirl self-insert of Wilson and Anat Khan
>Kamala the slashfic fujoshit Khan
>Kamala the stronk independent woymn that talks shit about everyone else but couldn't even tell off a sexist Imam because she's a punk Khan
>Kamala, I don't stand for my values except to fangirl and brownose Khan.
>Kamala I'd work with terrorists rather than be honest to my idol Khan.
>Not SJW

At the very best she's pandering waifubait made to be "hip to the new kid trend" but even that can't make up for the shitty sand mullah degrassi rip-off that is Kamala Khan.

Your waifu a shit and that's just the tip of the turd mountain she'll become.

>(Other than the obvious choice of God, which in a real Ghost Rider book, the question of God would have to be addressed
It is addressed. Spirits of vengeance are agents of god. Angels that pose as demons.

i think user means in Robbies case, since Eli is not at all angelic
he is literally a demon so to speak

He's part of the PCfication of marvel

Its fucking garbage

>He's part of the PCfication of marvel
How?

Just because the power came from heaven, doesn't mean that the spirits are Angels. Zadkiel was just an angel in charge of the spirits.

>angels posing as demons
how does that work?

>read Spectre
Do you want him to suffer?

nydailynews.com/entertainment/exclusive-marvel-kills-major-hero-killer-shocker-article-1.2708495
>"But the fact is you still don't have to throw a dart to find a white male character in our publishing line."

You forgot to include the preceding quote for context which was:

>"For all the people who seem really excited about Riri Williams, who's going to take on the role of Iron Man, there were letters over the course of the week, which all said, 'I am a long-time reader, I'm 50-something years old, why are you destroying all the characters that I love? I can't find a character that looks like me anymore,'"

With your post as it is now, people might've assumed Marvel said that in response as to why they killed off the Hulk, but don't worry user, I've got your back.

Cred Forums was a mistake. These threads used to be fun, filled with discussion and Redline music. Now it's all anti-SJW crap.

Cred Forums doesn't read comics.

Based user of Clarity.

I got serious chills from the ANGR conclusion. That "alright, you fucking bastard, let's go be evil" ending, man.
>did we ever figure our how exactly his uncle was able to empower him in the first place?
Satanic rituals let him stay on as a ghost. Presumably his connection to Robbie was what let him possess him.

I feel like I should point out that they also killed Rhodey.
So, in all likelihood, they didn't kill him because he was a white man, they killed him because they were throwing darts at a list of characters people care about to kill off for cheap drama and buzz.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Bendis killed him for movie synergy., but since Rhodey didn't actually die in the film it's jsut more egg on his face.

>yeah i dont think the book was really ever able to find its footing.

To be fair, Robbie only got 12 issues. I thought they covered a lot of pretty strong stuff in that short time.

I know, right?! "If I'm stuck being a killer and having my soul corrupted, I'm only going to kill the worst of the worst. Let's go." Fucking hell. Eli's not a Spirit of Vengence, but it sure feels like ROBBIE could be. Only thing I'm doubting is that he might take Eli's word as to who is a good target. Just...no. Bad plan.

>did we ever figure our how exactly his uncle was able to empower him in the first place?

I'm putting money on some blood ritual, with Eli marking Robbie when he was younger (Robbie's eyebrow scratch? Or maybe those suddenly appearing scars after he becomes GR has something to do with it. Whatever he did to have connection to Robbie, he did the same to Gabe. Fucking Eli.

If Robbie had more of a chance to grow and establish himself, I feel like he'd be a little more prominent. As it is, his solo run is basically a decompressed 12-issue origin story (a common problem with Marvel in general nowadays) and Ghost Racers hardly counts because it was part of a crossover event alternate universe or whatever the fuck Secret Wars was..

Hopefully his upcoming ongoing will last long enough to get him some more solid footing in the Marvel universe.

Miles is a Spider and Bendis basically runs Marvel nowadays.

Ghost Rider as a whole hasn't been popular since the Nic Cage movies made him into a joke and Tradd Moore and Felipe Smith are relative nobodies.

Johnny had the demon Zarathos, but Aaron retconned it to a "black-ops angel" if I remember right.

Danny used to have Noble Kale, but they separated and the last time we saw Danny, he had a different Spirit of Vengeance.

Robbie has the ghost of his Satanic serial killer uncle, who somehow bound his soul to a car.

>still nothing

>be a sucker for stories about older siblings doing everything they can to provide a better life for their older siblings
>ANAD Ghost Rider hasn't had any stories since Secret Wars

goddammit

I know the feel, user. Rejoice, for we only need to wait 2 more months for a new book starring Robbie and Gabe!

denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/ghost-rider/257747/new-ghost-rider-series-coming-in-november