Pick one

pick one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cvvze5m5juE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I pick both.

Left was more master race. Right was more general.

Did Shannon ever say KNEEL BEFORE ZOD?

zod off

Both are exceptional.

I pick the left one. He was in a good movie. He had only 2 other kryptonian with him and accomplished more than the right one who got a FUCKING space ship and ton of other dude.

The right one is a morron who wanted to terraform earth in the original Krytonian form, that would have removed his power. What kind of stupid would want to create a planet where they no longer have power? He could have had his soldier get powered too, take control of earth and breed a master race to life with Faora.

I liked Ursa better than Faora t.b.h.

Left, not even a contest. Right wasn't memorable at all. He was just bad guy #637482. Original Zod was one of the most memorable movie villains ever.
>So I see your people already practice worshipping things that fly. Good.

>He was in a good movie.
Don't start with this garbage.

MoS is a very good movie.

His reasoning for terraforming earth was that it was a pain in the ass getting used to the new atmosphere. Clark had a lifetime to become accustomed to everything, but for the new guys having all these powers was really painful having to hear every goddamn sound and see every frequency of light or whatever.

Yeah, it'd be worth it in the long run to just deal with the inconvenience, but Zod just didn't give a fuck. "Fuck the humans, this air is giving me a headache."

>Opinions I disagree with are garbage
MoSfag everybody!

Beard wins.

>MoS is a very good movie.

But none of that was actually articulated. he seemed perfectly fine for the most part. He'd adjusted to a point where he could fight Supes after only a few hours.

>everybody!
>starting appeals already

gg

Please, let's not retread over old fucking water and start this argument again. We've been having it for the past three years. It really does need to stop.

I decided you needed to see your behavior for what it was right off the bat.

Right makes MoS tolerable

Oh, the nerve!

That can only happen if people don't respond to someone else's independently stated opinion with "No, you're wrong, my opinion is true!" like did.

>feels the need to respond to someone else's on-topic response with "No, your opinion is wrong!"
>gets called on it
>calls the other guy audacious.
Oh the ironing.

HA! You amuse me, Earth man!

Serving Krypton was hardcoded into his DNA. Without Krypton he would make a new Krypton, even if it took away his powers.

But calling MoS anything less than 'pretty good' is shitposting.

>earth man
Sorry, I didn't realize I was arguing with an actual autistic person.

Oh well, this fucking thread took a turn for the worst.

Just to check if it IS that one guy though:

TFA > BvS

No, it was responding to the thread theme. Trying to start shit by dismissing the other person's opinion is shitposting.

I'll admit, I've only watched the first of the Donner Superman movies.
The small scene of Zod's sentencing on Krypton with Stamp was better than the entirety of MoS clone-retardation Zod.

>clone-retardation
>clone

EVERY SINGLE DAY the DCEU deniers dig a bigger pit of ignorance.

>But calling MoS anything less than 'pretty good' is shitposting.

Yes, I know they weren't literal clones, they were each individually genetically engineered. I was using that term for convenience. And since that doesn't make it any less stupid, you're just splitting hairs.

>And since that doesn't make it any less stupid

different=/=stupid

I hope you get the help you need for your autism, man.

>different=/=stupid
I...what? I never said different=stupid. I'm the idea that Kryptonians would genetically alter themselves to the point that their people become retarded is stupid. In Jor-El's retelling, he doesn't even mention why the artifical births were needed, just that population controls were put into place, and it fucked everything up as they were trying to grow and spread to other worlds.Everything about their explanation for why Krypton failed is pants-on-head, and it extends to Zod's actions when he gets to Earth too.

What's autistic about that post? I think you're projecting.

I'm almost positive it's the same guy who started shit the first time anyone criticized Man of Steel in this thread.

good cinamatography, god tier symbology, shit writing, incoherent plot

reminds me of donnie darko

I rationalize this flaw by telling myself two things.

1) Zod was the exception due to the way he was genetically engineered and trained.

2) In MOS, Kryptonians are basically biological AIs that are design to maintain the status quo no matter what.

>Zod was the exception due to the way he was genetically engineered and trained.
Yet other than saying so himself, you never see him do anything that makes him stand apart from any other Kryptonians. The one other time you get to see him in action, he gets his ass handed to him by fucking Jor-El, who was supposed to be a scientist.
The perfect soldier.

>god tier symbology
Framing your scenes to resemble renaissance paintings isn't god tier anything, and, frankly the Superman-as-Jesus allegory completely misses the point of the character.. If you want a biblical allegory, Moses works a lot better.

Terence Stamp

>Turning down god like abilities because its hard

So I see kryptoian stupidity invaded all forms of their culture.

>Right wasn't memorable at all
Well that's a load of bullshit user, Shannon an amazing performance, like always, and apparently you're too much of a plebeian to appreciate it.

You see him master his powers in a matter of hours and Jor-el is a bonafide badass, he's the tom strong of Krypton.

Both were really awesome, but I loved "Where were you trained? ON A FARM?"
Shannon had some good lines.

Jor-el was a master of the sweet science user.
Now apologize.

>balding
>master race

Oooh, Superman....

Ursa's voice dripped sex. Even when she was about to hit you with a manhole cover.

Shannon was intense.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cvvze5m5juE

>You see him master his powers in a matter of hours
And you don't see any of the other Kryptonians fail at it because none even try.
The point that he's different is badly delivered, as well as Jor-El being a badass only to accomodate Russel Crowe's fetish of always being top dog.

I wish Faora comes back, as well as with that one Army dude manning the fuck up and banging her in the Phantom Zone.

I will find him.

>That fight wasn't even scripted
>Russel Crowe just started fighting Shannon

>The one other time you get to see him in action, he gets his ass handed to him by fucking Jor-El, who was supposed to be a scientist.

I rationalize that away by telling myself that Jor el being bred to be scientist granted him the ability to override his programming which explains why he is the only one able to understand why genetic engineering stagnated and killed off the kryptonians. I assume the self-aware overriding of his kryptonian programming happened since birth, so at some point in his life he learned high level martial arts, which he used to mop up Zod in a fight.

We see Faora master Superspeed and Non was significantly stronger than Superman.

I WILL find him...

There's a science behind fighting and that's why Jor-el can beat up Zod.

>What kind of stupid would want to create a planet where they no longer have power?
Imagine trying to rebuild a population of supers, all with Superman's power, and none of Superman's morals. How would you keep order? How would the death toll and damage look if a mutiny ever occurred? Or simply just a small crime?

Think before you speak.

My explanation is better imo.

Fight me irl nigga

Which proves Zod is not special, which is the point.

>and none of Superman's morals
>Zod's police state would have no laws
Soldier in charge of government

You do realize that terraforming the eartg wouldnt have gotten rid of their abilities but it would have made it easier to live with. They would still have super hear, heat vision and that. But i doubt they would have super strength or flying since the atmosphere they wanted was heavier than Earth's

MoS Zod.

For all its faults, at least Man of Steel invested a character in Zod, with an arc and with far more complexity than Superman 2 Zod.

>ITT Grandpas defending a dull boring ass stupid motivationless character that's only remembered by one line

>Believing Zod had depth
Every single word he spouted was nothing but horseshit. "A society under my command, with only the ones I deem worthy living in it" is a Ming the Merciless-level motivation.

I'm not that guy but I easily would rather rewatch BvS than TFA. Well, parts of it.

Kylo Ren is just as big a misfire as Eisenlex or worse

He had definitely a lot more depth than "I WANT TO RULE THE WORLD XDDD". Fuck Stamp's Zod.

I want the character on the left in the body on the right.

No opinion on BvS but TFA is the worst Star Wars movie by a wide margin, even counting that awful Clone Wars CGI thing. It's utterly derivative and lacks any identity of its own beyond "what will make us the most money." But that describes Mouse Wars as a whole, I suppose.

Stamp's Zod may be a forced meme but he's the only reason why Zod is even relevant today.

>e gets his ass handed to him by fucking Jor-El, who was supposed to be a scientist.
>The perfect soldier.
It's even worse. This happens 10 minutes into the movie and should completely destroy Zod's motivation to rebuild Krypton completely as it was. When your genetically engineered scientists are beating your genetically engineered soldiers, something is terribly wrong with your genetic engineering and needs to be addressed. But herp derp gotta have Jor-El in action scenes.

Left. He's so amazingly arrogant.

Kylo Ren is a lot more enjoyable when you accept the fact that he's just a dorky Sith otaku cosplayer rather than actual Dark Side material.

Maybe you could find a similar workaround for Eisenberg-Lex, I dunno. There were a lot more dumb things going on in that movie outside Eisenberg as Jim Carrey as the Riddler as Luthor.

I just rewatched both of these.

Lex is actually worse.

Snyder and WB have no clue what they are doing.

This. I think some people assumed Kylo was going to be another Darth Vader and when their assumption was proven wrong, they went into full butthurt. Kylo is a moody scrub who wants to be an evil Sith Lord but still feels normal human impulses to do good, and struggles to suppress them.

He's an interesting villain, not a super powerful or "badass" villain. I look forward to seeing how he'll continue to develop, and hope desperately they don't try to give him any redemption.

Bullshit. He was nothing but Dark Side material, only does evil deeds throughout the whole film, he's just particularly lame at it.

The film and the fandom pretends he's complex but complex my ass, Maul was a better character even if he was fucking nothing. And he has no fucking reason to exist if Luke was halfway competent.

I didn't say he wasn't without issue, I just said that Lex is worse, and he is.

Lex is a complete lunatic clown who can't keep his own shit straight for 5 seconds.

>Maul was a better character even if he was fucking nothing
No, Maul was "cooler" and more "badass." Those are the only qualities someone of your ilk can enjoy. Meanwhile, Kylo-Ren is a whiny punk with a character arc. So not as cool, but more interesting as a character.

>still feels normal human impulses to do good, and struggles to suppress them.

It would be nice if the film actually showed that instead of just saying it in a single scene worthy of The Room.

literal screenwriting 101 here

>Which will you choose, user—Zod or Herman Munster?

Character arc my ass. Maybe in the later films but they've lost me and shit's not worth my time.

Again he has no damn reason to exist, to be the way he is, after ROTJ. He's a donut steel character made to force new sequels.

The MoS Zod was a bad character. I never felt sympathetic for him even though I kind of thought that's what they were going for.

An unholy merger of Donut Steel and Coldsteel the Hedgehog.

Remember that time General Zod went on a roadtrip with the Red Skull to do a drag show?

Maul = role is not complex but does the job, everyone likes him for what he is
Kylo Ren = meant to be complex but film half-asses it, divisive results, rabid fans who find nothing wrong while everyone else facepalms

It's like the MCU vs DCEU :^)

Stamp was fine, KNEEL BEFORE ZOD is the forced meme.

>This happens 10 minutes into the movie and should completely destroy Zod's motivation to rebuild Krypton completely as it was. When your genetically engineered scientists are beating your genetically engineered soldiers, something is terribly wrong with your genetic engineering and needs to be addressed.

Kryptonians have low functioning free will due to how they were engineered.

Hey, don't forget, Aldrich Killian went with them too.

real life Frank face

Zod was written by Goyer, thus he was written like crap.
Shannon salvaged what he could from the literal shit he was given instead of a screenplay.

>donnie darko

>good in any way

>not edgy teen meme shit

I would be just as annoyed if he was a straight Vader clone, because it changes nothing.

His villainy hinges on a deus ex machina evil CGI dude and Luke, Leia and Han's incompetence which should not be things at all.

Way to ruin ROTJ, assholes. Why should I care about this universe now?

I could imagine right in a 1950's war room ranting about Commies.

>Why should I care about this universe now?

Perhaps the same could be said of Man of Steel

It's actually the exact same one, only one wants to pass it off as something righteous while the other embraces his own sense of superiority.
At least Stamp Zod is honest with himself.

The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Dessert is the movie for anyone wondering.

It's actually one of the few trans movies that doesn't pander and offers three different perspectives of transgender people: a bisexual drag queen with a wife and son, a transexual woman, and a gay crossdresser.

Johnny was autistic and we were in his point of view, and that was why everyone spoke and behaved bizarrely in the Room. See, I can make up shit that wasn't in the movie to make it sounds like it wasn't shit too.

I do wonder WHY Snyder thought it was a good idea to make a needlessly convoluted backstory for the Kryptonian race. They start genetically engineering themselves because why...? They have a space empire and they just willingly all come home to a single planet why...?

I assume Darkseid may have had something to do with it but still, the whole story about Krypton that Jor-El told Clark doesn't make any sense currently.

It's especially brilliant when Jor-El narrates that all space outposts and space exploration programs were shut down, and afterwards Krypton exhausted its own natural resources.
You have space-faring technology, people. Grab shit from other planets.

>Non was significantly stronger than Superman

Non was a 7 foot freak of nature.

But when everyone's super, no one is. Seriously though, Superman and Zod were throwing each other through skyscrapers and neither of them bled at all.

Shannon Zod lived in a society being run into extinction. The pre determined ruling class had to go. As their genetics and education stagnated Krypton to death.

While Zod's genetics and education told him that Krypton must survive at all costs.

Stamp is a better actor, but Shannon's Zod was an altogether better character.

No.
>Terrance Stamp
Sinister
Felt truly evil
Over the top villain
>Michael Shannon
Imposing
Wasn't evil, just single minded and driven
Villainy grounded in real emotion

Both were excellent.

right, imagine how hard it would be to build a society and infrastruture when you can just break everything

Him terraforming the planet wouldnt change the sun you fucking idiot, everyone would still have powers, the planet itself would just resemble krypton
Goddamn, I swear to god, you people are retarded.

This thread reminded me of a skit from robot chicken called "zod's bods"
Shit was so cash

>being this dumb and only seeing the jesus symbology
>being too stupid to see anything else represented in the visuals

you too are an idiot, terraforming the planet wasnt going to get rid of their powers, they still had the yellow sun

I find the self deception to be a lot more interesting

>that would have removed his power

No it wouldn't. Kryptonians get their power from the sun.

What about this one?