This is really good

This is really good.
Just finished issue #140.
How is Morrison so good at every cape run he takes on?

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/a/deepspacetransmissions.com/site/interviews-1/1990-s/comic-world-8---october-1992
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sadly I haven't read Morrison's X-Men yet.

I love that "NEW X MEN" as it is written on that cover is identical if you turn it upside down, though.

Anyway...

HYPERCRISIS THREAD?

I know Morrison and Moore don't get along, but is Promethea worth reading?

General question to Morrison fans.

Do you like Snyder's DC films? I've read most of Morrison's work and I love both.

I haven't watched either one yet but I thought Batman Begins was the only Nolan movie that felt like it was set in Gotham and not Chicago, so I'm not in any rush.

I agree about BB.
I think the DCEU feels more comic-ish than TDK, not necessarily more like DC comics specifically.

But they feel more 'heightened reality".

what's with all the spoiler's in this thread?

Secret club

I wrote the first and third posts with spoilers in them. As far as I can tell, the first two seemed like potentially sensitive topics. The third was just being silly.

dat FUCKING mound

No. How can you read All Star Superman and then like MoS?

They're complete oposites, even when MoS takes lines straight out of ASS

Because I like more than one take on the character.

Plus, Clark grinning while flying, the music, and just the way they depicted the act of flight made me remember when I could fly.

All I can think about is how incredibly uncomfortable that must be to wear.

Snyder and Morrison have incredibly similar thematic views on Superman, the difference is presentation. Seriously, find some of his interviews where he talks about Superman as a concept and it's Morrison as fuck.

I found a bunch of graphic novels of this at a thrift store for $1 each a few months back. Hadn't read an X-Men comic in years and now i'm obsessed with them again because of it.

LONG LIVE THE XMEN

Am just happy that Xmen pre bendis are getting xvangelised and there are actually a number of converts to xfaganism.

ok, fair enough

yea, ok, the messiah thing is quite apparent but even then the presentation, as you said, is so so different that I can't help but hate MoS Superman.
As they say here, the actor being himself is a better Supes than MoS Supes

Yeah it's funny. I started collecting hardcore during the New 52.
The current comics were meh so I went into the back catalog and ahve now read virtually every Morrison cape comic, not to mention a lot of Milligan, Busiek etc..

Is the same vein, is this good?

I actually kind of enjoy Lobdell, and people always say his X-Men was pretty good.
Is this it's peak?

The think is Snyders Superman is a god apart from humanity while Grants Superman is a god within humanity.

One looks down on people while the other looks ugly to them. I can't see Snyder Superman telling Brainiac that he'll never be able to keep humanity in a jar.

DCEU earth people are more like Marvel comic earthlings than DC comic earthlings.

I find that a fun change of pace.

>One looks down on people
That's explicitly not true of Snyder's Superman. If anything, he puts far too much weight on their opinions of him.

Apart from the messiah thing, they are nothing alike. Like Snyder, Morrison even wrote a Superman in modern settings and they were both very different.

>All I can think about is how incredibly uncomfortable that must be to wear.

lots of body tape user, lots of body tape

I'm talking about personal views on Superman.

Emma probably just uses her psychic powers to keep her outfits on. Although i'm impressed her tits never seem to accidentally pop out in the middle of battle.

Emma probably walks around in sweats with her roots showing and uses her psychic powers to make everyone think she's in latex lingerie with perfect makeup.

>psychic powers
teke is different from tele, user

Cape framework forces him to pull back from the meta acid trip.

She's a telepath user. Its all sticky honey that scott has to clean off every night

His X-men run is extremely overrated but I do like the U-men. They're probably my favorite post-Claremont villain

srgnwrklgnwrg;klwrjgpwr;gjwr

fopkwvmjefpobgeb

ebrgtnrhn

Great fun. Some awful art

ulgiest emma ever drawn, what the fuck? I hate this so fucking much. And it's worse cause Emma is my fav X-man.

No. MoS was joyless. BvS joyless, poorly edited, and poorly written.

>MoS was joyless. ,BvS poorly edited, and poorly written.
None of this is true.

And BvS was joyless by design. Not a flaw.

>Morrisonfags are also Snyderfags
No surprises here.

Good taste is good taste.

it was very poorly written and edited. Sure, you can have a joyless Superman if you want, I don't care either way cause I just don't care about Superman that much I like Clark Kent stories more. But the movie was badly written and edited, that is just a fact, not even an opinion

Recursion is recursion.

>that is just a fact
It's not and never will be.

borderline non sequitur there m80

Overarching plots. Foundations for latter stories are laid out in current story arcs, so by the time you're done with the complete picture, you get a sense of closure

Literally one person.

I hate Quietly's art as well. Looks childish as fuck. There are no details, the physiques of the characters are comically emphasized and every curve is transformed to simple shapes

>There are no details
>Frank Quitely

get out

Not that user, but that is ok detail, not fantastic and not bad either. His art just doesn't grab me at all. And he can't even do this slightly above average art on a timely basis.

His strength is in composition. I Love Quitely because i'm into film.

I consider Snyder's movies and ideas about superheroes to essentially be the antithesis of Morrison's.

That's why I enjoy both.

Pax Americana was beautiful.

>I love that "NEW X MEN" as it is written on that cover is identical if you turn it upside down, though.
I've had this whole series all these years and I never knew this.

same

BANE?

His NXM run is inconsistent, has some bad art, regresses some characters (Emma) and his treatment of Magneto because Morrison can't deal with characters outside of their Silver Age versions is absolute bullshit.

he danse

>it's too popular
all you had to say

you are an idiot
also, please pull the dick out off your mouth when you're posting to me

Also, everyone in this thread should kill themselves.
But then again, I have your IPs, so I can assist.

edgy

What the fuck did you just say about me you little bitch

>All I can think about is how incredibly uncomfortable that must be to wear.

There's a common fan theory that's she's actually always wearing incredibly casual clothes, and is just using telepathy to make other people see the White Queen outfit.

>Morrison can't deal with characters outside of their Silver Age versions
It's so true.

Morrison's just got a big heart. He's a weirdo but he's also just a good-natured bloke.

>Morrison's just got a big heart.
And a deep swag-bag.

>a good-natured bloke.

>Comics is a medium populated and consumed by morons.
- Grant Morrison

sites.google.com/a/deepspacetransmissions.com/site/interviews-1/1990-s/comic-world-8---october-1992

The context is right there in your link.

Who are you trying to fool?

He's right you know

Simply my favorite run. Mostly because it changed the whole dynamic of x-men. It feels like x-men lost its innocence during Morrison's run.

Pic related... you guys made me break out the floppies.

sexy as fuck

Yeah... it's very sexy. I included two of austin's comics bright new mourning in it because at the end where he's apologizing to Jean at her grace just seems like the perfect end. Not to mention #156 is my favorite cover ever.

My wife is trying to get me to sell my collection. Wives just don't understand.

Grave* damn auto correct.

Does Morrison's X-Men have any of the esoteric stuff he's known for? Will it have any of the kind of effect on me that something like All-Star Superman or The Invisibles or Flex Mentallo did?

No, it's not on that level. But it's good.

>it changed the whole dynamic of x-men
>It feels like x-men lost its innocence during Morrison's run.

No, but it has a few ideas like those sprinkled in the dialogue.

>My wife is trying to get me to sell my collection
why, it's not like you would get much for it. the collector market sucks unless it's stuff from the 60s and earlier

wtf i hate your wife now

This is the laziest goddamn meme but I laugh every time.