>Lightning and Lava are also acceptable
>Not metal
>That's for the pigs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YyFG9kdg2RI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flight.

>Bloodbending only works once a month unless I'm a mutant
>Flight only works if I have no Earthly attachments keeping me anchored to the Earth
>Lavabending and Combustion have only been shown in mutants

I go with Lightning. Even a street rat like Mako can master it and even get paid for using it.

>not picking energybending

flight, but flight is a lot harder to achieve

Lightning is a good one, you'd definitely feel safe having it up your sleeve, it's fast to use, hard to avoid and hits like a truck. Plus it has some potential utility as well,

>broke up with gf
>dead inside
>no attachments to anything

I can fly.

i choose rock candy/crystal bending

When my friends and I discuss important stuff like what kind of bending we'd like to be born with, I always say that I want to be the Avatar, but it may be because of my hunger for power, which would make me an awful avatar

Doo doo bending so I can chase my enemies around with the turds I pulled out of their body.

>Can fly now
>Still so down you just down care
>Float off into nothingness
>Never seen again

Pottery.

Fire/Lightning seems the most practical. Keep things warm, light up dark rooms. You could also prevent forest fires and stuff like that right?

Flight doesn't seem much better than Aang using his glider. Shit upgrade.

Now you're getting it.

>Plus it has some potential utility as well

Im kinda hoping it gives me some sorta ESP. I know it was never shown in the series but getting a feel of the energy around me, i would hope it would let me sense others within proximity to me

realitybending

Flight.
It's really less "fly" and more "jump good" though.

Flight is cool but I'd have to be in a state of mind where I have to think nothing is cool to use it making it boorish.

I pick blood bending since it's the best awesome thing I could do while keeping my state of mind now.

Being able to fly would be a dream. Flight all the way.

Also would require your entire family and belongings being destroyed. Plus lifetime of studying monk teachings.

You're not flying unless you got the fortitude of budda, and if you had that you wouldn't be here.

oh so wait, isn't that the badguy who wanted to make everyone regular?
but it turns out he was a bender also?

Energybending can only be done by the Avatar.

>can fly
>feel like jerking it in the clouds
>plummet like a stone because of earthly pleasure

Boner bending(psychological)

I'm kind of a vindictive creep so of course blood.

Waterbending for me. I like their healing abilyties.

Those make no sense.

They don't have to

I don't even care. If I lived in a world where I could bend elements, I wouldn't give a shit about the special techniques.

All I want to do is be able to Earth bend. But I got put in the wrong universe.

Also waterbenders can do some crazy shit like peeng on enemy and slicing them in halves.

Fart bending OP

I've always wondered if an airbender could become such an expert at air bending that they could swiftly air bend the farts out of someone in such a way that it causes them to empty their bowels and shit their pants. I mean after all you could suck the air out of someones lungs. Or even water bend to the point of blood bending. Surely learning how to tactically make someone shit themselves has to not only be an effective non-violent means to end a fight, but also would adhere to the traditional pacifist air nomad ways.

doesn't the quality of air bending depend on the quality of the air.

Plotbending so I appear like the good guy despite being a total cunt.

Metal, because fuck OP

Ice bending all day.

You freeze them and they are fucked. If they cannot move they cannot bend. It has all the structure and strength of earth bending with all of the flexibility of water bending.

Ice bending master race.

Farts are mostly air in the same sense that blood is mostly water. I don't see the problem. Then again I'm not a chemist and don't know the exact chemical composition of the average fart, nor do I know the exact point at which air (or any other of the 3 classical elements) stops being bendable. But I imagine that since farts are still breathable, albeit stinky, they would still be bendable.

What about sand bending?
they were sandbenders in LA.

>>Flight only works if I have no Earthly attachments keeping me anchored to the Earth
>tfw no gf
>tfw best flight power

>If they cannot move they cannot bend
time and time again, this has proven untrue
Fire and Air benders can use their breath and truly skilled earthbenders can use nothing but the contraction of their muscles to bend earth
Again, you'd still have to catch them with water and then freeze it and then make sure they don't just break the ice

bloodbending was nerfed and can be countered by force of will. So yeah, flight.

I don't even care about flight I just want at least basic airbending. I think it'd be the most useful for ordinary life.

>Flight
Hard to do things with because of the prerequisite you have no earthly attachments. Maybe just chill around in the clouds until you need food and become an urban legend of a friendly shaman man that descends from the sky and smokes weed with college students.

>Bloodbending

You are now primo assassin material. You can make people stroke out from a distance, though unless you're a freak, you can only bloodbend under the full moon, which puts a damper on that ability.

>Lightningbending

Get paid by charging up some home batteries and selling leftover energy to utility companies. Start fires with ease. Also assassin-tier, but you'd need to hit people during a storm.

>Lavabending

Forge cool shit.

Bloodbending

>lel now you're just a non-bender
>lel going to turn you into jerky
>lel now you're my puppet
>DANCE WATER DANCE

Anyone who picks flight is an idiot. Just find a sky bison and bloodbend it into flying for you

>bloodbending

Other elements are you event trying?

Then find the nearest cliff and test your new flight powers user, we eagerly await the results.

Wat, no head splosion?

>Energybending can only be done by the Avatar

fuck this fucker

>Flight doesn't seem much better than Aang using his glider.
Zaheer could hover in the same place and had more mobility. He could also move faster and was able to bend in the air.

Watch original Dragonball

Back then flight was a rare technique only a few people knew and it was fucking hax compared to the aerial shit everyone else had.

that's astral projection. That's not a blowjob either.

>that's astral projection

Which involves manipulating spirit ENERGY, aka. Energybending

The most talented air bender we've seen has been the flying guy. So just look at how much concentration it took for him to be able to off the earth queen. Then multiply that by how much more precision would be needed for what you describe.

Does flight give me sweet-bending too?

Waterbenders were always my favorite, but part of that may be because of how fucking comfy the northern tribe's city was.

>dat brown sugar

11/10 Would leave the temple for

>no foggy swamp

That polar-beardog won't hunt.

>polar-beardog

>Which involves manipulating spirit ENERGY
[citation needed]

>you will never fuck eska

>Bloodbending only works once a month

Well that explains why a woman discovered the technique.

did you just

totes metal bending

Realistically it would be like having a gun in a world of people with knives.

>implying

Lavabending doesn't require a mutant, it just requires a special mindset. It's why Bolin could do it but was never able to metalbend.

i dont want a swamp STD

Lol yup. Tien's strategy when he couldn't beat Goku in H2H was to fly and destroy the arena, thus forcing Goku to dodge and ring out

Also reminds me, where does plantbending fall on the "ultimate technique" scale?

Lin's a dry old cunt, that's why

I'm more disappointed that they abandoned the concept of water and fire benders being strong and weak depending on the cycles of the sun and moon.

Just what?

Why didn't no one ever use:
>sound-being airbender
For cool distance communication, echolocation and obvious, even if generic, sound shockwave.

>heat bending
A fire-bender extremely trained in the ways of air bending (much like lightning is fire with water training).
Doesn't need to produce flame, doesn't need to wait for the fire to reach the target. Can do stealth kills or knock people out from sheer heat without no one noticing and just being a overall fire-monk-badass

Isn't heat bending essentially what Combustion Bending is? they just superheat an object in their line of sight

Lava-bending is maximum destruction.

No theoretical "what if" about it.

A single user on destroyed two entire cities single-handedly.

It's genetic, Bolin and Roku had Fire-nation in their blood.

We don't know, but Ghazan probably had some too.

Combustion bending still has to wait for it to reach the target.
I'm thinking more in the lines of a guy who has a constant AoE/bubble/aura around him where he can feel the energy and natural heat and tune it in format, range (whithin his maximum reach) and obviously, intensity. If you want to go REAL scientific here you might even consider parts of his AoE getting frozen over or just really cold, but Avatar has never focused much on the scientifics of bending, so this is really optional.
A heat bender might be able to manipulate how temperature affects him in a way that he might be completely invulnerable to fire, not having to bend it away for him or, since he is still a firebender, envelop himself on constant fire, akin to immolation, preventing short range combat nearly impossible without harm.

>It's genetic
[citation needed]

wow

>bloodbending
nerfed and useless in LoK

>flight
borderline useless. Like air.

>lightning
cool, but the 'preparation' can take some time. That said, it's fucking lightning, so it's hard to dodge.

>lava
probably depends on many variables. It's very slow, and even untrained benders were able to avoid it

>metal
it's cool. Except if you're against lightning.

CanĀ“t you just bend your own blood and just push yourself up? It would be basically flight. Plus you can be the ultimate rapist.

>nerfed and useless in LoK

And one is an earth bender, the other is the Avatar. Nothing suggests it is any more genetics than metal bending or bloodbending.

>Mako escapes bloodbending just with his force of will
yeah, nerfed. You can literally just force your way out of it by stop being a pussy.

Liquid metal bending because fuck y'all I wanna make it long term suicide to fight me

He manages to fire off lightning, without movement, which lets him escape the blood bending. Which is not the same as willing himself out of it.

earthbending.

the only thing I need is a roof to sleep under.

I would build myself a kickass dungeon.

Holy shit, lava isn't some kind of earth+fire combo, it's just liquid earth.

>Even a street rat like Mako can master it and even get paid for using it.
To be fair, he was taught by Lightning Bolt Zolt.

>without movement
With movement, user. Even Amon aknowledges that. Hell, even Bryke commented on that long time ago.

Lightning bending isn't willpower though. It's firebending, in this case bullshit firebending, but he didn't just up and leave because he wanted to. He had to "stun" Amon with lightning first.

>Lightning bending isn't willpower though
it's movement, which requires willpower when you're being bloodbent.

Just don't be a little bitch and bloodbending won't be a problem.

Why Water and Fire Nation chicks are the best?

I pick having Amon's Voice and Charisma.

>tfw you already have Amon's voice and charisma but you don't have bloodbending
>tfw in an age of social media charisma is largely irrelevant as long as you are "le quirkee maymaylord"

yea man thay have the best girls

>TFW /R9K/ would be the greatest airbenders in existence.

You faggots forgot about Ryu

Not enough info to accurately place. If it's just the swamp plants it's Good. If it's all plants it's Great. If it's all plants and trees it's an Epic.

>Rank scale
>Ultimate
>Epic
>Great
>Good

He just

>all these faggots that can't not shitpost on Cred Forums think they have no attachments

As for OP, lightningbending for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=YyFG9kdg2RI

Don't you mean REEEEEEEEEEyu?

Anyone else just a teeny bit bummed that the rules were strictly no bending, bending 1 element, or being the avatar?
I feel like they could've expanded upon the powers way more if with loads of training you could learn 2 elements maximum or something like that, then cool shit like glassbenders (earth + fire) or stormbenders (lightning + water) could've happened

>The most talented air bender we've seen has been the flying guy.
Didn't he get fucking school'd by Tenzin in an actual fight though?

Yes. He was great against Korras crew and etc, but when it came to fighting an airbending master he got trashed. That is until they all jumped Tenzin - Zaheer was getting his ass beat.