How is this guy even a legit threat against anybody in the DC universe?

How is this guy even a legit threat against anybody in the DC universe?

All he has are boomerangs.

Or this guy, all he does is throw boomerangs

Guess I'll take the bait because fuck it I love how dumb Captain Boomerang is as a concept.

He's depicted as being capable enough with a boomerang to throw it in such a way that it could catch the Flash. Not as in chase him down, but in the sense that he could tell which way Flash was gonna go. Either before or after the boomerang looped back, he could hit the flash with it. Then bomb-erangs and other trick shit started getting involved, and it was a match made in heaven. It's like high level space invaders.

Stupid shit in American cape comics really is the best, isn't it?

Wrong, those are batarangs.

Doesn't matter now since he's dead as shit

Daily reminder that Captain Boomerang used to regularly defeat him with Flasher barely getting the odd win.

Well, Batman has other gimmicks other than the boomerangs.

Like a attack jet armed with missiles.

Captain Boomerang feels like one of those character who were thrown together at the last moment.

Like it was 4.55 PM on a friday at DC headquarters. They need someone who can take on the Flash. Someone said "What about an Australian super villain?" Captain Australia, Captain Kangaroo, Captain Boomerang. Boom, done.

It's the same creative process that brought us, Katana, the Japanese character who uses a katana.

>How is Greean arrow a legit threat against anybody in the DC universe?
>all he has is arrows.

>Captain Boomerang feels like one of those character who were thrown together at the last moment.

He's a gimmick bad guy, so who really knows whether the tool or the nationality came first. Either way, I'd agree that he got slapped together on a tight schedule. I imagine Hawkeye was created the same way.

>Guys I refuse to suspend my disbelief
Than maybe cape comics ain't for you

Trick boomerangs. He's better than Deadshot.

Ask Tim drake's das before the New 52.

How are you getting Wi-Fi in the Phantom Zone?

Nah. Have you seen how Boomer originally looked? He's just an Aussie or some sort of pilot wearing a tunic covered in boomerangs.
But look at Hawkeye. He couldn't have been made in a tight schedule. There was thought put into him.

As much as I enjoy all eras of Hawkeye I really think he's found a modern niche as the John McClane of Superheroes. Clings never really had his shit together since Scarlet Witch killed him or whatever anyways.

Fair enough. He's one of the best scrambled decisions ever if true.

I wonder more about the character in-universe. When living in a world that has multiple kryptonians, Lanterns, speedsters, a few martians, and the number of people who can bench press oil tankers increases by the day, what makes one decide to go starting some shit with a boomerang?

After seeing Superman on the news every afternoon, why make the decision to go rob banks if there is some strong change that you just might find yourself facing down an indestructible powerhouse, when you do not have the ability to match that kind of power at all.

He is really fucking good with them.

I think weed need some sort of captain boomerang FEAT list given how often this question comes up.
Even recently there was the helicopter he brought down and the torpedo thing he boomeranged (somehow). And of course the infamous self boomerang.

Well for one he's a fucking lunatic, second he'd just turn into a boomerang and fly into the sunset.

Batman is literally just a faggot throwing boomerangs and still manages to beat superhuman threats he runs into which should paste him

You should read his back up from the last issue of Suicide Squad. There's a very good reason why he uses boomerangs.

Apparently he can boomerang anything... can he boomerang reality?

... and fly right back

>Shelia Upforit

Captain Boomerang Feat List:
>Pied Nemesis
>Pied Vixen
>Pied Bronze Tiger
>Pied Lois Lane
>Pied Jewlee
>Pied Doctor Light
>Pied Major Victory
>Pied Amanda Waller
>Pied himself

That's like asking why does Mad Hatter bother experimenting with mind control devices or why Mister Freeze is trying to cure his wife when Lex Luthor could master his shit in five minutes.

Don't forget the psychic boomerangs.

Except no it isn't

I have seen this image at least 2 dozen times before and i only just got the joke with the costume.

So mind control, curing diseases, and being a dick billionaire is the same as a guy robbing banks with a boomerang. got it

HOLY SHIT I LOVE AMERICAN CAPE COMICS

Bet he could have sold this pocket storage technology for much more than what he got robbing banks

Or the time traveling boomerangs.

Someone post a panel from the most recent Suicide Squad comic.

"I'LL BOOMERANG ANYTHING"

Ronin Clint was fun.

I still dont

You're asking why does he bother doing what he does when there are so many people who are stronger than him out there.

But then other people would have it. Also he won't get to fight Flash anymore since he would have no reason to. What kind of life is that?

Think about whos comics boomer shows up in.

The Flash uses the same trick to hide his costume in a ring until he needs to suit up.

the flash does the same thing with his costume

cpt. boomerang is a flash villain

he is not the first to come up with that gimmick

Living well is the best revenge.

subhuman enlightentmentless scum detected

Not the panel but heres the page.

The life of a successful millionaire playboy?

Damn, that was cold.

>That was cold
No that's Boomerang, pls don't confuse the captains.

So basically Captain Boomerang is like Silver age Superman, except of having super-everything he has everything-boomerangs

boring

Who doesn't get to throw boomerrangs at superheroes...

This isn't really a fit. He gets teleported at a safe distance from his opponent whom is without his weapons. And due to the distance put between them he had enough time to throw a barrage of boomerangs and overwhelm that filthy indian. And then he also rubs in in "I am so awesome!"

Imagine you can hit the Flash with boomerrangs. Now imagine why you'd use anything but boomerrang sever again.

i love comics because of shit like this

I know people love that but I like the
>It's the alien from Alien!
more

Doesn't the filthy Indian have super powers. (Also of course Digger would taunt him, he's a dirty fucking Indian)

His opponent is a speedster.

What a fucking showoff.

Well, yeah but it's short bursts of speed and because Nightshade puts him at such a distance from him it tilts things more in favor of Digger. Aldo he doesn't have his weapons. Great page but it's not really a feat, if it weren't for the distance and the lack of weapons the fight would've been a lot harder to say the least but his petty taunting really makes you fuck yeah.

>a long range weapon user uses his long range weapons
I think it still fits, it's not blind luck but skill that gave him the advantage.

you know it would make sense if he was revealed to have some kind of low level telekinesis to explain his skill

No, man. Nightshade gives him the advantage. If it weren't for that he wouldn't have bumped into the guy at such a long distance and he's without his weapons too. That page perfectly sums up Digger because maybe he's not the greatest combatant, but he's lucky and opportunistic and he's also a loudmouth cunt. Gotta love him for it.

Why doesn't Captain Boomerang just throw guns?

>short bursts of Super-speed
Which I read as Super-reflexes so Digger tagging him is still pretty amazing.

They're not sharp. Or explosive.

so why doesnt he throw dynaknifes, the knife that is dynamite?

>I wonder more about the character in-universe. When living in a world that has multiple kryptonians, Lanterns, speedsters, a few martians, and the number of people who can bench press oil tankers increases by the day, what makes one decide to go starting some shit with a boomerang?
Flash caught him picking some guys pockets at a fair. There's an entire issue of Suicide Squad dedicated to it. Originally he was sort of a Toy Mascot, for selling boomerangs.

Sure but it still shows that Boomerang is a cut above the rest.

He's some kind of unspecified Middle eastern tribal, probably a Kurd.

>why throw a weapon with two share edges instead of a weapon with one sharp edge?
user...

I love that page.

Of course he's a cut above the rest, he's very competent but his character doesn't revolve around being hyper competent, it's just that his high skill+luck make him a formidable opponent and above all, he's the kind of cunt that you could fight, beat the fuck out of, break his hand and he'll play dead until you get near him until he can bite your balls off and come out as the victor.

Oh God, what happens next? I have to know.

I mean, what's his plan? Smash into the Flash hard enough to kill both of them? He's basically throwing himself head-first at a fighter jet.

Wasn't Cred Forums going to be purged from this board?

So I guess the whole thing comes down to this question.
>Can boomerbutt get the best of Spider-man?

He's gonna travel through time and Fuck Bart's mum.

He likes robbing banks though.

>TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO IT'S JUST A COMIC

I always thought his boomerangs reacted to his speedforce energy. Like a magnet or perhaps exploding when they get too close. Its not like he throws one and expects to land it, he throws out mulitple making it hard for Barry to maneuver. But feel free to correct me

My spidey sense is tingling! I can sense danger from all directions at once! There's no way I can dodge all of those boomerangs!

He's secretly to blame for the various Crises.

>Aussie Bantz
>Flash gets pissed
>Uses boomerang
>Flash gets K.O.

If you can accept Batman or green arrow then you accept Captain Boomerang.

Huge Digger fan here, but I wouldn't go that far.

>Captain Boomerang feels like one of those character who were thrown together at the last moment.

Well, he's from 1960. Back then they didn't put a huge amount of thought into villains.

Underrated post.

His opponent is literally a sub-par Flash, you nincompoop

He's not Digger therefore he's filthy and dirty

Depends what's more of a feat, calculating exactly where the Flash will be well enough to hit or beating Parkersburg spider sense by throwing shitton of boomerangs.

It proves that DC is all for equal opportunity, try your best and no matter what you can be a hero/villain too

Doesn't matter if you can shoot steady streams of shit out of the palms of your hands from the shit dimension or if you can throw a shoe hard enough to knock heads off, if you can do it and do it well you've got a job in the DC cape business

But he always comes back.

That can be applied to every Silver-Age character, really. Either you had every power under the sun or you had gizmos that can do anything. Silver-Age practically ran on Toon physics.

what if that's how he comes back to life?

He boomerangs from hell.

>but I wouldn't go that far.
It's canon, myte.

Yes, but he stands no chances against Flash one-on-ne, you nilly.

Wait, so he has a super power for predicting angles and trajectories?

No he's just a right cunt m8

It wouldn't be the first time.

He can boomerang anything, even his own soul.

Digger, please.

Don't you have some koala to sodomize?

>faggot OP hating my nigga Digger

Koalas are cute fuck you!

Deadshot and Boomerangs essentially have the same skill set, just different choice of weapons.

source?

It's from the Suicide Squad: Capture the Flag miniseries.

reminder that he impregnated Bart's mom

Do they not have birth control in the future.

>we never get to see Bart's reaction towards this
What a waste...

For some reason I got the impression that they had a proper relationship rather than just a fling, but I don't know why.

But yeah, you'd think after having to send the first kid to the past to protect him you wouldn't have another (though now that I think about it I'm not even sure if it happened chronologically for her before or after she had Bart).

Unfortunately we never heard what kind of relationship they had. Though the fact that Digger seemed sad when he told Owen that Golden Glider wasn't his mom suggests that he had feelings for her.

So your theory is that they were actually trying for a child?

Speaking of the rogues, what comic is that from where they're all sitting around a table and talking about what celebrities they'd kill, and Cold pipes in that he'd kill "Abba. All of 'em."

It had to happened before she had Bart because otherwise that means she cheated on her husband with Digger and that's too funny to be true.

I don't remember the issue but it's from Johns run. Pre Blitz if that helps.

Or it could have been before she met her husband? I don't think they were meant to be like high school sweethearts at least but it's been a while since I read anything

There we go, I need to read that arc. is that Barry or Wally?

Wally.

Alright, neat. I wanted to get some good stuff with him and Barry. Thanks anons.

Her husband was killed not long after Bart was born.

It's from Flash v2 #195.

Why doesn't he throw guns that shoot boomerangs?

See I knew it was too funny to be true.

Yeah it might have been something as small as that which gave me the impression, no clue.

Maybe not actively trying but yeah if they had settled down maybe it wasn't a huge deal? This is more headcanon than canon though since there's practically nothing actually said about the whole thing.

Hey I just bought Rogue War, any other Rogue/Flash related arcs I should pick up?

>He captured my favorite trick!

Rogues Revenge

That issue was full of amazibg things

You might like the Johns trade titled simply "Rogues", which has the Cold spotlight and more in it.

The same reason Green Arrow and Hawkeye are in superhero teams?

>calling soccer "footie"
>having any interest in soccer ever

I don't even think he's a real Australian.

Stan Lee thought it would be neat to have a low tech guy take on and beat Iron Man. He is just a Green Arrow rip off

Why they don't like Abba?

ITT: we make people with seeming useless power seem awesome

Worked for Kite Man

Because they're evil

meh, that's like saying a canadian that likes basketball is not normal or an american liking hockey is weird.

My theory is the artist screwed up in that first example so they took the oportunity to correct it next issue otherwise it would have been footy in that second example as well.

They clearly did there research with the jokes about perth.

Len and Mark are too grumpy for ABBA.

Because fuck ABBA

It would have been fun if Arkham games had him as a mini boss fight, should be hell more interesting than Deadshot fight AC had

Well they can be trick boomerangs, he's basically the same as green arrow just a different personality and delivery method.