September 24 - 8:30 PM ET

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtu.be/xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtu.be/frdj1zb9sMY

>/swco/ Dubs: Son of Dathomir #1
youtu.be/vqkHTHPz5x0

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

theforce.net/story/front/Billy_Dee_Williams_Says_Leave_Lando_Alone_170664.asp
dictionary.com/browse/revanchist
youtube.com/watch?v=nIrOYb0PkJ8
starwars.com/news/adventure-and-excitement-jason-aaron-kicks-off-an-untold-yoda-tale-in-marvels-star-wars-26-exclusive-interview
youtu.be/mup7aH5LK_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=O3u70WELSEg
youtube.com/watch?v=g42tROYf3TY
youtube.com/watch?v=lG0Wy1dqL9A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ia3vggwkzNk
youtube.com/watch?v=xQTmCfxHm5c
youtu.be/9wb0-wiFrdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been thinking about the fantasy and spiritual themes in Star Wars a lot lately. Not sure why it's in my head. But I'm wondering why Ben would give Luke the lightsaber Anakin used to kill all those Jedi, and why Rey would be encouraged to use it too.

In most fantasy settings there would be bad things associated with a weapon like that, even in settings that are less spiritual or magical than Star Wars. But no, we're handing "child killer" over to entry level jedi left and right.

I can understand why Kylo Ren would want it, given the inherent dark energy that would be connected to the weapon after such an act, but it's interesting to me how they're tying it more to birthright than any sort of dark side influence.

First for best clone.

It did more good than bad, user, and redemption is also a common theme.

I was expecting it to be Luke's green lightsabre, considering Anakin's went down a big hole with Luke's hand.

Ditto

I always wished Sheev gave Anakin a red lightsaber right after he killed Windu. That way Darth Vader would have had the red saber from the start and the blue one wouldn't have been used to kill children.

>children

You mean "younglings"?

ONE WEEK

Rey must have a shit ton of midichlorians to be able to pull of the shit she does in TFA right?
Seeing as she's had no train, like Anakin in TPM.

Could it be possible that she has an even higher count than Anakin did?

Midichlorian account doesn't mean anything when it comes to being powerful in the force. It just means that you're Force sensitive. Having a high account means that they're attracted to you because you're Force sensitive.

I always thought being born with a high midichlorian count was like a "shortcut" to being very force sensitive.
I guess I've misinterpreted it.

I'm almost tempted to go into a 'lightsabers don't kill people' debate, but that would be ridiculous. The way I saw it, the Skywalker lightsaber has been at the crux of many an important event, both good and bad.

Then again, perhaps it's an element of foreshadowing as well. Those who had it would experience great tragedy, but ultimately prevail once separated from it. It really has me thinking now.

What if the dark deeds connected to the Skywalker family have washed it in dark energy?

What if it was the reason Luke disobeyed Obiwan and Yoda and went to confront Vader on bespin? Would he have given in if he still had that Lightsaber above Endor?

How will it effect Ray? The Dark Side gives you strength, what if that's how she beat Kylo?

Honestly, that was my first impression of that fight. The whole time, I couldn't help but notice just how aggressive she became when she gained the upper hand. Kind of makes you wonder if she would've stopped had the planet not begun breaking apart at that point.

how can you tell.
they are literally all the same

Oh snap, that's actually a pretty good theory.

Luke making his green lightsaber after losing the blue one is symbolizing him leaving the dark side behind, which fits how he's lots more spiritual in ROTJ.

Maybe Rey is going to be more in tune with the Force once she gets her own lightsaber.

Anakin's saber throwing people off into the dark side sounds like an awesome gimmick with some pretty good story potential.

The novelization more confirms that she probably tapped into the dark side to beat Kylo but then pulled back at the last moment. I think it even says that she heard a voice in her head telling her to kill him. People speculate that it was Snoke.

It's probably what made her scar his face when he was already down for the count. I think Rey's going to struggle with the Dark Side even more than Luke did. It's pretty much the only tension she has left in the story, since she's already so effortlessly powerful.

I don't think it's all just connected to the lightsaber, though.

>posted interesting potential story on Cred Forums anonymously

Welp there goes any chance for me to send an application to the Lucasfilm storyboard

Do it anyways
I bet Pablo would like it

>how can you tell.
Because he's proven to be.

>they are literally all the same
Only on the genetic level. All of them have had unique experiences and think, behave and even present themselves as individuals.

Face it, user. Rex is the true heir to Fett.

You guys like Lego?

I saw this before, and I need it!

The only problem is, is it US only or can I buy something from the EU store and get Revan?

Time to start pricing Lego kits, I suppose.

SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

Well damn. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a new Star Wars set.

only for ships

I'm catching up on the show and Leia just appeared, hell yes

>rey and kylo ren in: the race to the dark side

That guy must have strong thighs to keep himself up like that.

She might be a fucked-up bitch, but damn, Ventress has an amazing bod.

What is she, /swco/?

Sexy.

Spam in the making?

OH MY GOD THIS CONFIRMS REVAN IS NOW TOTALLY CANON!

Are you the same guy who just kept spamming "Why is she so smug?" with a picture of Ahsoka every thread?

>It's not propaganda if the Republic does it

No, I only posted in this thread and the last.

I remember Wookieepedia themselves (or one of their top admis) actually tweeted that picture at one point, unaware that it was meant to mock them and the page shown is a gag article that was making fun of their tendency to include things that were clearly an error. Also they almost immediately deleted that article.

What emotion is this face trying to convey?

>Perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war.

>The novelization more confirms that she probably tapped into the dark side to beat Kylo but then pulled back at the last moment. I think it even says that she heard a voice in her head telling her to kill him. People speculate that it was Snoke.
I've maintained that in the films no Jedi has beaten a Sith/Dark Jedi without using the darkside a little (I'm sure the CGI shows refute this). Luke only ever got the upperhand on Vader when he was angry, Obi-Wan clearly hated Maul, and Anakin couldn't do shit to Dooku unless he was pissed off.

The only one that wasn't angry when he beat people was episode 3 obi-wan.

Damnit.

Kreia was right.

Literally did nothing wrong.

>I've maintained that in the films no Jedi has beaten a Sith/Dark Jedi without using the darkside a little

Except for when Yoda had bested Dooku in AoTC. He didn't kill or capture him, but it was obvious that the match was Yoda's. And Windu had Sidious beaten as well in RoTS.

Well, considering the Dark Side is natural, you're probably right. It's just another element of "managing your emotions, not letting them manage you."

It's ok to be angry, and let that anger compel you, but not let it control and drive you.

>why Ben would give Luke the lightsaber Anakin used to kill all those Jedi

He didn't the prequels don't fit with the Original Trilogy in any way spiritually or thematically.

>managing your emotions, not letting them manage you."
>It's ok to be angry, and let that anger compel you, but not let it control and drive you.
Exactly.

(You)

>But I'm wondering why Ben would give Luke the lightsaber Anakin used to kill all those Jedi, and why Rey would be encouraged to use it too.
To forge a new destiny and meaning for the saber.

>In most fantasy settings there would be bad things associated with a weapon like that
Star Wars isn't most fantasy settings. Its also science fantasy.

>given the inherent dark energy that would be connected to the weapon after such an act
I doubt there's any dark energy, but there probably is an imprint in The Force left on it by Anakin/Vader

Oh shit is this a prequel apology board. Nice, I forgot Cred Forums was contrarian.

What was your favourite scene? The one where Yoda jumps around with a lightsaber?

>"A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves… or find themselves lacking. Too long did the Republic remain unchallenged. It is a stagnant beast that labors for breath… and has for centuries. The Jedi Order was the heart that sustained its sickness—now the Jedi are lost, we shall see how long the Republic can survive."

>it's about accepting your emotions and controlling them
>"I reject you" *blows up hate and fear*

I don't really get it.

Windu uses the dark side, that's the point of his combat form.

He's rejecting the control his Dark Side is trying to achieve.

That's Legends

>y-you are my waifu now

I thought the combat forms were canon again.

I meant the part about Form VII using the dark side.

Not only is that an EU thing, it came from the dumbest reasoning that his purple lightsaber meant he was between light and dark, despite none of Mace's actual actions and words really displaying any greater dark side tendency than other Jedi. This wasn't even a thing before Shatterpoint came out and suddenly Mace is so strong with the dark side that he has psychopathic tendencies and literally daydreams of murdering innocent people for absolutely no reason (yes, this happens in Shatterpoint).

>Revan wielded two lightsabers, one red, and one violet. However, his minifigure only uses a red one.

So we're just accepting that as legends canon now? Did he pick up the violet one after his switch back to the lightside? Because he didn't have it when he was Sithing around.

I thought it was just because Mace looked furious every time he was fighting.

You're reading too much into it. Besides, his Black Series figure has both.

it just seems it would make more sense to let it back inside, since he's already shown that he has complete control over it. Instead he kills the dark side.

Yeah, but Samuel L. Jackson always looks a little pissed off.

No, that's just a natural thing to happen in a fight or in any physically demanding activity. As a novice swordsman myself I find my face contorting and my expressions seemingly angry like all the time.

Also, Sam motherfucking Jackson.

That's not literally his Dark side outside of his body, its an apparition that represents his Dark side. Killing it is simply defeating the apparition

yes, but the whole this is symbolic of how Yoda looks at, and deals with, the dark side, and it';s a lot less in harmony than you'd expect from a Jedi. Or a religion based around harmony. Instead of accepting his evil nature, showing an understanding that fear and anger have an important place in what it means to be alive, but never letting those emotions dominate his life, he instead dominates and kills his evil nature.

For Lucas the force being "balanced" has never meant that knowing there is good and there is bad and that the two need each other, it's always been "good winning is balance"

I'm so pissed off that Kylo Ren wasn't just Revan, and how he dealt with the Mandalorians.

Why would Kylo be Revan?

Because I saw his design and got myself excited because 'member KOTOR?!

OKAY!

I don't know, this face is pretty overboard in the anger.

People freaked out so much when Ren was revealed.

What's the obsession with Revan? Who the fuck is it?

But user...

You are the Revan

A self-insert

Is it at all likely that they will pull a Thrawn and bring Revan into canon?

I haven't played KOTOR, but from what I know about Revan, he primarily works in the medium of video games, and making another game with the same twist would be redundant.

It'll never work. It'll only drag out the bitchers and complainers who will bitch and complain about how canon Revan is not the true Revan

I'm sure they could, but it seems like they're not particularly interested in the Old Republic era right now. If they do, it probably won't be for a while.

That won't stop people from freaking out any time there's any hint of a KOTOR reference anywhere, because that means KOTOR AND REVAN WILL BE RECANONIZED 100% ANY MINUTE NOW!

I am like 100% sure Revan will be canon.

Kreia's speech about Revan make him 10x as interesting as he actually was.

But that's probably a mix of Avellone's writing and Sara Kestelman's acting.

Filoni's been talking about Thrawn since 2010, and they've been planning to reintroduce him since fall 2014.

I doubt Revan will come back unless they find a good way to do it like they did with Bane(Revan and Bane were originally going to be in the Mortis trilogy)

I could see them making him canon, but it's a question of how much he'll actually be around. If he's just a hero they talk about they don't need to do the twist again.

theforce.net/story/front/Billy_Dee_Williams_Says_Leave_Lando_Alone_170664.asp

>I don’t know who Donald Glover is. But as far as I’m concerned, I would say they [”Star Wars” producers] should leave that character alone. I don’t think you can do any more than what I did with that character. I think I made that character into something very special, and I can’t imagine anybody else doing it, to be very frank with you.

I kind of agree with him, but then I've been against the Han movie altogether from the beginning.

Bane was actually created by George Lucas for the backstory for TPM (and first appeared in the novelization for that movie).

Revan being a part of the Mortis arc was probably Dave's idea, but he and George decided against it with the way that they were building the story.

>Bane was actually created by George Lucas for the backstory for TPM (and first appeared in the novelization for that movie).

I know that, I wasn't claiming otherwise. He technically never appeared in canonical material(as the EU was never truly canon) and I was just talking about his appearance in TCW.

>Revan being a part of the Mortis arc was probably Dave's idea, but he and George decided against it with the way that they were building the story.

Revan and Bane being part of it was Dave's idea IIRC after George wanted Sith lords to appear, but after some discussion they both decided it didn't fit with how the Sith work, that they can't become Force Ghosts. At least, IIRC.

Bane of course later came back in the form of an illusion in the Yoda arc.

Revan will only come back if they can find a way to do it like they did with Bane.

what is the point of Revan anyway?

What the hell is 'Revan' even a derivative of?

>Bane from bane - a cause of great distress or annoyance.

>Plagueis from plague - a contagious bacterial disease characterized by fever and delirium, typically with the formation of buboes and sometimes infection of the lungs

>Sidious from insidious - proceeding in a gradual, subtle way, but with harmful effects

> Maul from maul - wound by scratching and tearing.

>Tyranus from tyrannus - (Latin) a cruel and oppressive ruler.

>Vader from invader, and coincidentally happens to be the dutch word for 'father'.

Revan?

The point of him is that he found a way to use both the light and dark side of the Force

Revanchist. He hated Mandalorians with a passion.

Revanchist.

dictionary.com/browse/revanchist

Revanche, I guess?

ravenous
raving
revolting
ravaging

reven

You're in the wrong place. You're allowed to have your opinion, but you're in the wrong place. Just leave if that's what you want people to talk with you about.

> happens to be the dutch word for 'father'.

Well, it is a Germanic language very close to the source of English.

Vader being father is a coincidence. Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader weren't intended to be the same being until a few drafts into ESB.

He's a Jedi who ignored the wishes of the council and led some of the other Jedi into the Mandalorian Wars and disappeared for a while, where he and Malak fell to the dark side. They because Sith Lords who then returned to the galaxy and began conquesting it. Malak turned on Revan and tried to kill him, instead the Jedi saved him and used the Force to block his memories and create a new identity for him.

Then the events of KotOR happen.

He's only revered because people liked playing as him and because of the twist that "you were Revan the whole time!!!!"

SWTOR then took Revan, beat him to death, mutilated his corpse, sewed it back together, dressed it up, and zombified it.

Revanchist

Its a good thing one of the guys you replied to said it was a coincidence then, right?

>Vader being father is a coincidence

I.. said that.

>and coincidentally happens to be the dutch word for 'father'.

So Revan isn't particularly important in the grand scheme of things in the way Bane is?

Muh bad. Not enough sleep last night as my roommates tried to party until 4...

I think he's probably worthy of having a footnote in a history book, but no he isn't anywhere near as important as Bane, who himself is also kind of a footnote but he at least started something that culminated in Sidious and the Empire.

Correct. Unless they have a reason to reference the conflict between the Jedi and Mandalorians and decide to make Revan involved in that in some way, he's just not important.

>fell to the dark side
>fell

Revenent.

A person who has returned from the dead.

One of the many conflicts between Jedi and Mandalorians, it should be said. We know the last conflict between them left the Jedi Temple a burning wreck, but that was only 1000 years before the films. Meanwhile they seem to be mostly keeping the timeline roughly the same, with the Sith spawning from the Jedi after the Hundred Years of Darkness about 7000 years before the films.

Did anyone upload a mega of that prequel documentary?

youtube.com/watch?v=nIrOYb0PkJ8
Where has this been all my life (life) (life)

You know that stuff was hinted at in kotor 1 right?

Where does all this talk about Qui-Gon being a grey Jedi and being disillusioned with the Council come from? He never struck me as rebellious, he always seemed to be pure Jedi to me.

Hey, what if TFA was good?

That's the problem.

It was good. Not great. And certainly not the best.

In legends bane got the inspiration of rule of two from revan.

Because there's two different kinds of grey Jedi.

There's the kind like him and Jolee - thoroughly good people who just happen to disagree with the Jedi Council on matters.

Then there's the edgy "I can use the dark side and the light side no consequence" type of gray Jedi.

If you could change something about Star Wars what would it be?

For me it would have to be the ages of Anakin and Obi-Wan when they have their fight.
Maybe have the Clone Wars be a 10 year war or longer in order for Obi-Wan to be a middle aged man by the time Anakin turns to the darkside, so it makes sense that he would look like an 80 year old man in the OT...
Also Anakin would need to be played by an older actor which might improve his character a bit.

Nah, not anywhere strong as the originals in building mythos. But I also don't feel as though its unwatchable after one sitting.

Not as great as Revenge of the Si-

pfffaahahahahaha

I heard about the comic about Yoda. I think it's cool that it'll reveal more about Yoda's past and definitely add more to this mysterious character but let's be honest, Yoda is not anyones favorite Star Wars character, aside from kids whose favorite color is green and Yoda is their favorite character because he's green. That used to be me, but as I've matured, I've learned to choose my favorite SW characters based on more sophisticated criteria. Boba Fett is my current favorite because his armor is sweet

Get rid of TPM
Make AotC actually good and have it as the first movie of the prequel franchise
Put new movie in between for the war

this.

I don't think we'll learn much about Yoda. It's not set that far in the past- Jason Aaron said Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have a cameo.

>I heard about the comic about Yoda

This is the first I'm hearing about it. Is it new canon? Links?

I would make Padme a Jedi herself.

Sure it might not be well received by some fans to have so many characters as Jedi in the films but I think it would work out better. Padme could join Anakin and Obi Wan in their adventures and allow for a more natural romance to develop between Ani and her, and their conflict would make more sense as they would truly need to hide their marriage and pregnancy from the Jedi order instead of Padme being a senator who could get with any guy she wanted, eventually Padme offers to leave the Jedi order and have a family with Anakin but things go bad.

It would also add more to the idea of how powerful Luke's lineage is in the Force since he and Leia come from two Jedi.

>It would also add more to the idea of how powerful Luke's lineage is in the Force since he and Leia come from two Jedi.

Anakin is basically the offspring of the Force itself so that explains why the Force is so strong with them.

>allow for a more natural romance
>natural romance
But that defeats the point

Well the result of an experiment in the force by a Sith Master in search for Immortality.

Stop that

starwars.com/news/adventure-and-excitement-jason-aaron-kicks-off-an-untold-yoda-tale-in-marvels-star-wars-26-exclusive-interview

It's not a full comic, just an interlude in the main Star Wars comic, like what we've been getting with the Obi-Wan flashbacks.

That's just a legend the holocrons speak of

>an 80 year old man in the OT
Alec Guinness was in his 60s when filming the OT

well then making the character 10 years older when they fight makes even more sense

>Larroca
Goddamnit

Originally yes. The thing is that JJ and the nucrew are KOTOR fans and keep throwing references to shit Revan did into the new Canon, even if they won't mention the main man himself.

Revan was the one who committed the scourge of Malachor. Both Ezra and Kylo Ren had to go to that site beforehand and both walked out with crazy force artifacts that turned them to the dark side(Ezra took the Holocron, Kylo built his light saber).

Bane may have established the rule of two, but basically everything else about the sith that's actually relevant during the galactic civil war was either Revan or one of his contemporaries.

>JJ
>KOTOR fan

JJ hates everything that isn't the OT

>Revan was the one who committed the scourge of Malachor. Both Ezra and Kylo Ren had to go to that site beforehand and both walked out with crazy force artifacts that turned them to the dark side(Ezra took the Holocron, Kylo built his light saber).
That seems only tangentially relevant. That's like saying BoShek is hugely important because he was the one who told Ben to talk to Chewie about getting a flight off Tatooine.

JJ has nothing to do with the new canon beyond what's in TFA. Even the TFA visual dictionary's various references are Pablo's doing.

I'd disagree.

The problem with Anakin and Padme's relationship isn't that they don't have excuses to be together. They're still both essentially civil servants who work out of buildings essentially down the block from each other. There's not really anything you'd gain by giving Padme a lightsaber in a meaningful sense.

The problem with Anakin and Padme's relationship is that they didn't have enough time on the screen and chemistry between actors. Their romance is basically written as being this thing of forbidden passion and tension but their line delivery is flat as shit and there's no physicality to it.

>it's 2016 and there are still people that think Abrams is in charge of the entire franchise

>Well the result of an experiment in the force by a Sith Master in search for Immortality.

Nope. In canon Anakin is straight up Christ.

I highly doubt it was JJ's doing, but I can definitely see parallels between Kylo and Rey and Revan and Bastila Shan. Who knows who's ultimately responsible for that though.

>The problem with Anakin and Padme's relationship is that they didn't have enough time on the screen and chemistry between actors. Their romance is basically written as being this thing of forbidden passion and tension but their line delivery is flat as shit and there's no physicality to it.
Anakin is basically /r9k/ begging Stacy (Padme) for sex and whining about how hard his life is but he's attractive enough that he actually gets with the girl. Dude is a complete narcisstic man hold in the PT and it's astounding that Padme still gets with him even after he goes
>Some of you are ok don't come to Tatooine tomorrow
On the Sand People.
I think he has played KOTOR. Someone fucking has since there's no reason to name drop Malachor otherwise.

And yet Rey still outshines him by a considerable margin.

She has to. Otherwise, we'll never hear the end of it.

Kinda disappointed I thought Plaguies was a great book. Also didn't most of that book come from George? Wouldn't surprise me if the events get recanonizef in some fashion.

so do all niggers

JJ didn't reference Malachor, Pablo writes the visual dictionary, so he did it.

>I think he has played KOTOR. Someone fucking has since there's no reason to name drop Malachor otherwise.
It's not namedropped anywhere in TFA. You're thinking of the VD. See

Only in the most superficial sense. Kyle isn't a badass inspirational leader of men, he's a spergy school shooter with too much power, who's desperate to be taken seriously. Rey is a special snowflake like Bastilla was though.

Does anyone know a website to download star wars audio books free and safely? Librivox has none and pirate bay isn't safe. Help an user out, /swco/.
Do it for orange buttcheeks

>Bane from bane - a big guy

ftfy

Why I wonder. He's just making all those we want Revan guys think they've got a chance.

Although considering Filoni was a fan of both Revan and Thrawn and Thrawn is now back, wouldn't shock me if Revan made it back also.

Luceno says he talked to Lucas a few times, but I've never seen anything to say that most of the book was his idea. The only thing I can remember being conclusively a Lucas idea was Plagueis being a Muun.

The pastebin in the OP.

They probably do have a chance, but it'll be a long wait I think. You guys need to stop assuming every little mention of KOTOR means Revan is coming back right this minute, though.

Not really, because Obi-Wan would've been 57 at the time of ANH when Guinness was 63, so it isnt a stretch in canon for him to look old.

>qt Luke in SW show never
I just want to die

>JJ liking KotOR
>It takes place before the OT

>And yet Rey still outshines him by a considerable margin.

How, exactly? There hasn't been a thing that Rey's done that Anakin hasn't done much better.

-Performs force abilities so soon after her awakening
-Handles a lightsaber better
-Doesn't complain about sand
-Better pilot/mechanic
-Everyone likes her
-No angst
-Is a woman

You see where I'm heading with this, right?

Did you watch TFA?

How do you download audio books from mega? I haven't really used it before

>Yoda is not anyones favorite Star Wars character, aside from kids whose favorite color is green
>Boba Fett is my current favorite because his armor is sweet
>mfw

You're seeing connections where there are none.

>Handles a lightsaber better
>Better pilot/mechanic
Those specific feats out of her many others don't make her better than Anakin. Besides your implications, you and I both know that if she went up against Anakin has a Padawan she would lose.

Can you hear it Cred Forumsmrades?
Before the streams are up...
The beeping a R4-D5.

There's definitely big connections design-wise.

Select them and right click and select download

When you're in mega you can navigate like in any other folder, you double click to open a folder, when you've found the file you want you right click it, choose download and then Download as Zip

She can't lose. She's a woman. A woman always has to win, even if she loses. Otherwise, you're a racist misogynist.

That's how the new generation of Star Wars fans will interpret the fight, and in the end that's the only opinion that matters; not the opinions of men with facts and statistics and other stuff that they actually give a shit about this franchise.

I really fucking hate playing strawman/devil's advocate. I just find myself compulsed towards the most idiotic opinions I know are out there and I really don't support.

At least you're admitting to baiting.

>-Performs force abilities so soon after her awakening
So did Anakin.

>-Handles a lightsaber better
No, she doesn't. Even Luke in the OT handled a Lightsaber better than she did and Luke was a sub-par swordsman.

>-Doesn't complain about sand
I'll give you that.

>-Better pilot/mechanic
Nope.

>-Everyone likes her
Everyone liked Anakin until he became Vader.

>-No angst
She's got plenty.

>-Is a woman
How does that make her better? She's not even an exceptionally good looking woman. She's average.

>Did you watch TFA?
Unfortunately.

Something something Chosen One.

accept that you're an idiot who can't get over this small unimportant distinction.

> Chosen One.

Yep, definitely Anakin. The embodiment of the force and the one who destroyed the Sith and restored balance.

How was it?

It's an arc though.

Stop shilling it.

Who got it from Ezar Kun.

How was it?

Someone rip it already.

This, I want to fucking watch it

Okay.
Have you guys seen "The Prequels Strike Back: A Fan's Journey", now out on YouTube?
What are your thoughts?
Make sure to buy it and prepare to unlearn what you've learned about Star Wars!

>watching mastubatory fan schlock

as if.

Is this another "lel the prequels were SO BAD guys they raped and murdered my childhood xdddd" schlockumentary?

No, this is a "The prequels were good, get over it buttmad Plinkettfags" documentary

I wish that ROTS have a special edition edit that included Rex and Ahsoka somehow. Nothing too heavy, maybe a very brief transmission Anakin gets from Rex at the Temple before he speaks to Palpatine.

Sounds good then.

People will stop giving a shit within the next 20 years as both populations of fans mature.

>fans
>maturing

Pick one

>People will stop giving a shit within the next 20 years as both populations of fans mature.
Somehow I get the feeling that won't be the case.

>both populations of fans mature.

One of those two groups of fans are 40+ year olds. If they aren't acting their age now, what the fuck makes you think they're going to in 20 years hence?

Revenant, a ghost back from the dead to haunt and attack m'dude.

Where is a good place to find Clone smuts?

Forget it SS he's already 17

Traviss' later books

>Implying this is a problem

Still one more year to go and she desperately wants those Ezra Dark Side dickings.

Rewatching TFA because I'm bored out of my mind.

I'm ashamed to admit that I never noticed the new dish on the Falcon

I forgot the thing even had a dish. it's not like it was ever important

What is he looking at /swco/?

>I spy with my little eye something canon...

>someone saved my meme
nice, I feel appreciated.

We all knew this is what they got up to outside of council meetings.

>"How would you like that?"
>"Cooked"
Based Mace eating a well done burger.

Remember this is still the first entry in the trilogy.

In Luke's first go he could barely deflect blaster shots some of the time and just had to make one shot with the force. Everything else was abilities the whole rest of the film had to justify. When he fought Vader and won as handily as Rey beat Kylo it was already the back half of the last movie.

In Anakin's first try he was a pod racer, but he'd never even finished a race before the film began. Other than that there's not much he did that couldn't be considered luck. He couldn't fight Dooku and win even with Obi-Wan's help until again the third movie, and he paid the price and lost an arm for trying too fast.

Rey can already outfly two TIE fighters(something Luke and Anakin never did) in a ship that she'd never flown before operating without a copilot. That ship having slapdash repairs and having spent probably months under a tarp, being literally as old as the clone wars, and about six times as big as the TIE fighters. She did a mind trick after about thirty seconds effort flawlessly, with more direction to it than anything Luke or Obi Wan ever did. She then beat a man five years older than her who'd been doing this his whole life despite never having held the lightsaber before.

There's literally no point to them ever having a rematch without Kylo Ren having some kind of plot device power up. She beat him. You can try to say his "training wasn't complete" despite the fact that he's a thirty year old man, but Rey will be training for the same amount of time he his and she'll be training under the guy that fed Vader his own hand and then spent thirty years advancing since then.

The original dish broke off during the battle of Endor. Han probably made Lando replace it.

TFA suffers from powercreep. See Poe.

Poe is just a nonsensical character from the get-go. I mean why is he in charge and not say, Nien Nunb? I mean Nunb was right there with Lando blowing up Death Star II and would obviously have been flying at least until Jaku. Even the other guys in the squadrons come off as more experienced than him in the comics but he's supposed to be leading this shit show of an air force?

Oscar Isaacs has some good charisma so I can excuse it when he's onscreen, but a lot of Poe's character is also very much "Poe is the best pilot ever" without any of the justification the other pilots got in the OT, PT, or old EU.

But a lot of that is mainly because Disney just plain does not give a fuck about space battles. They're basically in there for nostalgia's sake and nothing else.

I saw the battle station dlc for battlefront. It's damn tempting for the dogfight and trench part even if the rest might be garbage.

because there's enough OT characters and the normies don't give a shit about the aliens who don't say "It's a trap", "Yubnub", "Utinie", or whateverthefuck Jabba says.

You're assuming if ANH was made today, the characters wouldn't be kicked up a notch? Even before TFA, if it was made during the Prequel timeframe? You think Lucas would have made Vader and Obi-Wan swing their swords like tired old men?

>rematch

I've seen people joss the theory that he was injured during their skirmish, and that's why he couldn't fight at his full potential. Perhaps things would be different when he fights at prime condition and without orders to take her alive.

I mean, we've seen him paralyze someone with the force, and we've seen him drag someone into his grip. Granted, this is just mentioning what he could do; it's not a guarantee that he'd be able to pull it off in an actual fight.

Strange. I was the one who first pushed Rey's awesomeness, and now I'm advocating for Kylo. Guess I just want to do some proper theorizing rather than blatant baiting.

>man five years
I thought Rey was 19

Just like the Prequels, we have a different group of people who are complaining about the wrong things. At this points, no matter what you like in Star Wars, some other fan is gonna hate it. Maybe they should leave.

We aren't talking about Vader and Obi Wan. We're talking about a Luke Skywalker clone who can do more than actual Luke or even Anakin ever did.

He was beating Rey until she just vaguely used the force.

No matter how you slice it that means that Rey just has to be better at the force than him. Because if he could beat her before then he was clearly still the better swordsman. But having a ten second pep talk from Maz a couple of days ago apparently gave her everything she needed to instantly get better to wrap the movie up.

>dodging the fact that Lucas would have made Luke like Rey due to the way things are these days

k, guess you'll complain when old Luke is 100 times better than Yoda too then

It could be worse, I suppose. She could've instantly wrapped up the sequel trilogy with just one movie.

Well, Yoda is dead.

>Maybe they should leave.

No. Fuck you. I've been here long enough to go through this cycle of bullshit and this is very much a different and WORSE set of problems. The prequels were miscast and the acting was wooden, but if nothing else there was a concept under there that was workable. Junkrat from the desert becomes a jedi knight. Has a forbidden romance with a queen. Winds up destroying everything he had to try to save it. Some of the designs didn't work, some of the actors needed to be recast, the script needed some rewrites badly, but the underlying concept was there.

Force Awakens is just broken at the conceptual level. Characters do things without their character traits only being vaguely established at best. Established ideas of how things are "supposed" to work are thrown out the window, even if in every other canon source they still work that way, for the sake of cramming as much into it as possible. Characters the film actually tries to establish as intimidating like Phasma go down in a pathetic way and it gets topped off with a cheap reference joke. Even by the bare bones archetype based way Star Wars tends to be written there's a bunch of stuff that plain doesn't work the way it was meant to.

That's not an argument, that's an excuse. You're saying that because in a hypothetical timeline a filmmaker that's mocked for going too excessive went even more excessive, the film we have now is a good film because it pushes it farther than when Lucas ACTUALLY pushed it too far.

The prequels had substance, but trash character direction. It didn't sell it's bullshit like the OT.

TFA sold everything, but there was really nothing of substance to sell. Which is why stuff like Bloodline is setting up that substance, like how TCW had to salvage the characters from the prequels.

All I see are being getting mad that charisma and nostalgia always works better than substance. The OT was a rarity for movies.

My take was essentially the same for Kylo. He was injured, and emotionally compromised from just having killed his dad, an act he wasn't 100% committed to.

Originally, I also believed Rey was Luke's daughter, and her mary-sue-ness was explainable by her having all of Anakin and Luke's talent, without any of their impatience or anger issues. Of course the revelation that she was abandoned on Jakku well BEFORE Order 66 II: Electric Boogaloo suggests that isn't the case. I refuse to believe in those "every generation gets a chosen one" rumors, so for now the only theory that supports my theory is that she's Sheev's granddaughter, and even that theory has its problems.

We need to wait for the actual trilogy to be over before we judge how well it sold. Disney made a lot of money on TFA but that doesn't mean the next two will sell well. The official comics aren't doing too well and they had to pump an insane amount of ad money in to get what they got.

Having a good initial run is no proof of a good sequel run. Tim Burton's Alice sequel sold like shit and the first movie made Disney a billion dollars. The first Divergent movie made money proportionately, but the last on is having to go direct to tv because it couldn't hold onto it's audience.

The bottom on big budget young adult fantasy action flicks is very much falling out, and you can't expect infinite golden eggs out of this goose.

well apparently Rey is one of the ideas that made it through from Lucas's treatment

I'll laugh my ass off if he did literally create her like this

Why'd you move the goalpost over to money?

They're going to fuck up Thrawn so bad by having him job horribly to Erza at every chance, do nothing useful, and resort to a cheesy kung-fu fight when they meet him in person. Because Disney wants to hammer home the message that Snoke is just THAT amazing.

I'm capping this post so I can tell you all 'I told you so' in a few months.

Because I'm an autistic dumbass I actually took the audio from Rey's flashback bit and dumped it into adobe audition. I'm hardly the first person to do this but there are actually two BARELY audible quotes that sound like a storm trooper voice talking.

The first is something about a "baby jedi" and then the second has a stormtrooper go "we are the third". I have no idea what the fuck this is supposed to MEAN but you can sort of make them out in between kid Rey screaming and the ship blasting off at the end. But they're literally the two quietest sounds in the segment and play next to two loud ones so I could be wrong.

A few people also hear "baby jedi" but some people think that it's a flashback to Palpatine in the prequels talking about "all the jedi", but I can quite clearly hear the b sound in the audio.

Going by that, since it's actually audio that happens during a direct flashback, I'd almost guess Rey was kidnapped like Finn, but cut loose for some reason. They'd have had to know that she could use the force, since "baby jedi" is basically what force sensitive kids are called by space normies(you can see Thrawn use the same term in the EU early on). Which just raises the question of why Snoke wouldn't want a kid who can use the force, but it would imply that he knew where Rey was.

Because you have no way to actually measure sentiment otherwise. You can say "people like this" but there's no way to back it up outside maybe RT scores. But people won't rate what they won't see.

I think the problem is that there is a sudden shift from Kylo winning to Rey winning. Kylo dominates the Finn fight and even showboats a little, there isn't any real evidence that he's compromised at all. I think they should have shown Kylo steadily weakening through both fights or established Rey as a better fighter.

Normies do care about them. It's the only reason they were in TFA in the first place despite not doing jack shit.

That shit wasn't there for them. The film was there for them. They were there for us, as extras for us to enjoy.

That implies anyone involved cared what we wanted.

Then why was Nien Nunb plastered all over one of the TV commercials? He was clearly expected to be a recognizable character.

Even in interviews John Boyega said that having him and Ackbar there in the scenes helped sell it as being a "real" star wars film.

Oh fuck off with that. Fuck right off with that cynical, cunty bullshit. "WAAAH they made more Star Wars, they hate the faaaaans!" Are you fucking stupid?

No, I AM, because I'm arguing on the internet and I know I'm doing it and still posting anyways. FUCK.

To sell it to the hardcore fans who would bitch about them not being in the movie and saying "not muh star wars".
You think Disney won't just throw money to make more good word of mouth? They're Disney, they have money to burn, and Boyega's hardly going to bad-talk the film.

>No, I AM, because I'm arguing on the internet and I know I'm doing it and still posting anyways. FUCK.
Okay then.

>WAAAH they made more Star Wars, they hate the faaaaans!

If they didn't they wouldn't have abruptly cut literally every Star Wars project that was going on and basically killed anything existing fans were following.

Dawn of the Jedi was cool as fuck. But now that comic ends on a cliffhanger because Disney shitcanned it right as the last couple of issues were coming out. 1313 looked cool but it's never going to see the light of day despite clearly being at least half done and in development for years at that point. TCW was in the middle of making another season but that obviously didn't happen. Force Unleashed 2 ended on a giant ass cliffhanger and Force Unleashed 3 can never resolve it now.

They didn't "make more star wars", they slit the birds throat to take all the eggs out at once.

I think it more came down to Rey having more focus and determination at that moment, while Kylo was falling apart.

What the fuck happened?

You miss the part where Kylo took a grenade to the dick?

I so want her to be in that Sith Holocron, but it'll probably be FemRevan or some random Sith.

Rey>Rei>Ahsoka TCW Seasons 3+, Rebels)>Asuka>Ahsoka (TCW Seasons 1 & 2)

That's irrelevant. He was winning decisively against someone who had one more fights worth of experience and was soundly beating Rey until she used the force to just magically get better in a way no jedi ever did before.

You can't split a character into seasons like that. Besides, Ahsoka>Asuka>Rei>Rey

Why didn't Chewie finish the job?

So how did Kylo get to the forest before them?

Force plot convenience, an advanced technique of the dark side

I like how the movie introduces a huge knockback effect from Chewie's bowcaster that we'd never seen before (and somehow neither had Han) and then forgets it when it comes time to have him shoot an important character.

Kylo took a crossbow bolt, and 12 seconds later Chewie made the room explode. He probably thought he HAD finished the job.

Did they forget? Did they really? Kylo might just be that much of a tank.

Didn't help him in the end, though.

You know it's funny they all look the same and the fact that bobba is literally a clone trooper but that's not the first thing you think of when you talk about them. They have there own armor designed helmets and that's also the first thing you think about is how they present themselves and the gear they wear.

I fucking love the clone troopers they are awesome.

>Then
Rei
>Now
Rey
All is as it should be.

STOP ASKING COMPLETELY LOGICAL QUESTIONS

Who is excited for The Bendu? What are you hoping to see from him? What are you hoping not to see?

youtu.be/mup7aH5LK_Y

I'm hoping that he doesn't do something that makes every one and their mother proclaim some kind of "neutral side superior" shit

I hope he is a top tier husbando

>I am the one in the middle
What did he mean by this?

Writers steal ideas all the time, in fact if you steal ideas from places people like or respect it's called a reference and applauded. The thread will get slided and whomever can claim it as their own, no one cares.

>Force Unleashed 2 ended on a giant ass cliffhanger and Force Unleashed 3 can never resolve it now.
Good.

Except it's a theme that's been done in many media and myth, often with a "good" and "bad" element that must be reunited back into a whole. The difference between accepting emotions accepting yourself and rejecting emotions rejecting part of yourself. Being in control involves reconciliation. Doing it like that visually WAS a mistake, a small heresy against collective human myth.

I could be deliberate that Yoda was making a mistake. It could symbolize how the Jedi rather than making peace with their dark side and keeping it in balance they reject it and by extension reject a part of themselves which is why the Jedi lost their way. Guys like Anakin see the needless internal strife this creates but without proper guidance they in turn become controlled by those emotions, hence in a very Zen way, by rejecting the dark, darkness is reborn from within.

Is that the only time it's happened? Seems like you could easily pass it off as a common "hit something and it explodes" thing you usually see in action movies. Hell, Star Wars does it often enough.

That's the only time we've seen the effects of a bowcaster shot in the OT. Every other time it was just Chewie using stolen blasters.

Your second point has merit, but keep in mind that those same speeder bikes tanked hits from Leia's pistol and even their own cannons in other scenes.

GL can't write romance to save his life, the only way to save it is do what Ford did and push back by doing your own lines and generally just telling GL to fuck himself.

>speeder bikes tanked hits from Leia's pistol
Eh, she doesn't need to hit it that much to explode. Now that I think about it I honestly can't remember Chewie ever using the bowcaster aside from that, though.

Even so, it doesn't explain why Han acts like he's never seen it in action before.

Darth Marr was a great character.

>Ford did and push back by doing your own lines
He didn't do this as often as you might think. He did pretty vocally complain about the lines being awful but he still said them.

I fucking love the EU and am Star Wars Protestant as fuck, but Force Unleashed isn't real Star Wars, it's a fanfic vidya game, hell, even KotorII makes more sense in the Universe.

>Star Wars Protestant
What does this even mean?

>Eh, she doesn't need to hit it that much to explode.
I mostly mentioned it as an example of other weapons clearly doing less damage.

>Now that I think about it I honestly can't remember Chewie ever using the bowcaster aside from that, though.
He also uses it inside the space slug, but the effects of the shots are offscreen.

>Even so, it doesn't explain why Han acts like he's never seen it in action before.
It is weird indeed, especially considering that Han was also seen using it in an earlier scene from the very same movie, when fighting those thugs.

Means I don't need a corporate pope to decide for me what is and isn't star wars canon. Fans communing directly with Star Wars without anyone put above us to intermediate between us and Star Wars. The very idea that something like Star Wars can be owned is as heretical and blasphemous as the idea that the rights to Christian Canon could simply be bought and sold. Just as a Christian Protestant holds themselves to be part of the true church, I hold myself to belong to the true fandom, one that respects the fact that there are established truths about Star Wars that can't be rewritten no matter what GL or Disney or any other entity says.

I don't think you actually get how canon works.

So you're insane, got it

All canon means is that official works have to follow certain continuity guidelines. It's never been about telling you what to like or what you personally have to accept as "real." You're acting all rebellious about something that isn't even happening.

Uhh, creators should have complete control over their works, yeah. We can still freely interpret things differently, and the creators at Lucasfilm have expressed that. But things can also be explicitly canon of not-canon for the sake of continuity, and keeping things thematically in check.

The fact that you mentioned George at the end there makes me think you're also one of the people overly bitter about the Special Editions too.

It's not about what I like, it's about what is counted as real Star Wars. It's myth, myth I happen to take very seriously which means the facts concerning it matter to me. Like how others take facts about the bible very seriously, for example Jews and Christians hold that Isaac was the son Abraham was told to sacrifice (before interceding) and his inheritor, while Muslims changed this and said Ishmael was the son, Muslims certainly wouldn't mind it if they could get Christians to rewrite their bibles and put in Ishmael, but that wouldn't be true Christianity, to Christians that is an Islamic heresy. So too are changes made to the original conception of Star Wars, they are part of a heretical new IP nustarwars that is different than the original Star Wars that is still celebrated by it's original fans. You can be fans of both but to say the nustarwars IS Star Wars is a lie, in Star Wars Greedo never fired his gun, Greedo firing his gun is heresy to fans of Star Wars but canon to fans of nustarwars. Like I said, when I say I take Star Wars seriously, I mean it.

>You can be fans of both but to say the nustarwars IS Star Wars is a lie, in Star Wars Greedo never fired his gun, Greedo firing his gun is heresy to fans of Star Wars but canon to fans of nustarwars. Like I said, when I say I take Star Wars seriously, I mean it.
I was right then kek.

Ok then "true" fan, you do you, you lil rebel you!

A communications disruption can only mean one thing...

It's not just head canon, it's about working with archivists to preserve the original Star Wars intact so that future generations can fold back the layers of nustarwars and see the core original clade that birthed them all.

I smell false flag.

So do you think Disney will ever actually release the originals all remastered? without the extra fifteen minutes of fiddly bits, just the original movies with an extra bit of shine?

Pablo says no.

Should have been obvious when they digitally released the 2011 versions last year, honestly.

Might be in Lucas's contract, I dont know.

But yeah, it isn't happening now. In the future, who knows. Doubt it though.

I can't decide what the worst thing in this picture is. Buzz Lightyear and Yoda's baby chair are tied.

I don't know, the Beatles there is odd, but so is one of the space ships in the background just being a gun.

and as always normal flesh colored twi'lek tentacles just look like overlong penises.

>Pablo says no.
What did he exactly say about it?

what does a story executive to do with anything about re-releases?

His exactly words were something classically Pablo in snarkyness.

Something along the lines of "You would think all the rumors in the past 3 years about Disney releasing the original versions have produced some fruit by now"

everything I read about hidalgo just makes him seem like an ass.

He's been like that for years, way before he entered the story group.

He wouldn't be in charge of the decision beyond whether or not the changes in the 2011 version are considered canon. But he would surely be in the know about whether or not it was happening, because he is a higher-up at Lucasfilm. And he seems to believe that it's not happening.

And again, they made a big deal about the digital release last year, and it was the 2011 versions, so he seems to be credible.

On twitter, he often has very snarky and sarcastic responses to (usually) silly questions. To be fair though, don't we all? In his interviews however, he does seem like a very nice person.

Is anyone else still pissed that Disney/Lucasfilm gave the reins to Wendig to lay the foundation for the most important era in the nucanon?

Imagine if JL or Stover got to write that trilogy.

>just the original movies with an extra bit of shine?
Just grain cleanup, you mean? No CG? No chance.

The internet is the only place you will ever be able to get unaltered Star Wars in acceptable quality. There's a thread here if you're interested.

Given the special editions, the prequels, many of the books, and general decision making, I've come to the conclusion that Lucas and Lucasfilm hate Star Wars and its fans.

Upload the audio?

Yeah I am sure all of the actors, writers, artists, musicians, ect, spent all of that time, effort, and money as one big collaborative ruse on the fans.

And the majority of the fans who ended up liking all of those things just didn't understand that Lucasfilm was really trying to upset them.

Sarcasm aside, why the fuck are you in a Star Wars thread if you are going to just talk shit about 99% of the franchise, and everyone who makes Star Wars? And no doubt the fans who enjoy it too

I don't get it. The tweaks to the will 1997, 2004, and 2011 versions are all pretty minor. Some of the decisions make sense, others not as much. But people act like the unaltered theatrical releases were fundamentaly MUCH better movies. Even if, for the sake of argument, we accepted that all the changes sucked, the canon versions would still be only minisculely less good than the originals.

Because people want to see the original films they fell in love with, how is that hard to understand?

The changes dont affect the movie in any way. Aside from a single added scene in ANH, the movies are almost identical aside from graphical touch-ups.

The most noticeable changes are actually the undeniably good ones (Victory Celebration, Boba's voice, Sheev in ESB not looking like an anorexic Vietnamese war veteran with down syndrome)

People who claim that the movie's "aren't the ones we fell in love with" are deluded. I have NEVER felt like I wasn't watching Star Wars when watching any version of the OT.

> Aftermath Audiobook
> 1:30 hours in
> Wedge Antilles thinks about a landing he did during a mission for the rebel alliance on behalf of Fulcrum
> Wedge joins the alliance in season 3 of Rebels, after Ahsokas "death"

Ahsoka is and always was alive.

We've discussed this before. The trailer shows a hologram transmission that used Ahsoka's markings, and this was related to the Wedge episode.

This means, more likely than not, they use the name "Fulcrum" and Ahsoka's markings, when making undercover transmissions, in tribute of her.

As far as the Rebellion know though, she is in fact dead.

Bad directing.

There is a word that comes to mind, entryist.

In case I didn't explain clear enough, this means that Ahsoka didn't recruit Wegde, but rather Hera using Ahsoka's undercover title did.

It's interesting to think about how far ahead the Storygroup planned this little detail. I bet Wendig didn't even know Ahsoka was going to "die" either. I remember one of the book writers said the LSG would ask them to include little details that they didn't even know meant, because they were for the future. So the LSG probably told Wendig to add the line about Fulcrum recruiting Wedge because they were planning to do a Rebels episode about it. This may have even happened before Wendig knew who Fulcrum initially was, let alone the idea that Ahsoka could die and the title would be used by another person.

Also makes me wonder what other little futureproofs are in the books right now...

To the causal observer like yourself yes. To the historian however it's a world of difference.

I wish I had a fedora reaction image for this post, but I don't, so please use your "superior intellect" to imagine a suitable one.

>The most noticeable changes are actually the undeniably good ones
A lot of things are noticeably different in the newer versions, how "undeniably good" they are is up to whomever is watching them.

But that doesn't change the fact that they're not the same movie, it's a different experience, there's a lot of different shots, cut things added, original things cut, sounds changed and so on. For people that watched the movies over and over again these things can become very noticeable to just being "something isn't how I remember". But some people want things how they remember them, because it reminds them of those times.

Someone who wants an original Ms. Pacman game cabinet isn't deluded because they don't want to just play the game on an XBox, they're looking for that original experience of playing the game. The people that want original cuts of the movies are simply looking for the same thing. That original experience, a reminder of when they first saw these movies and became absorbed into the world. There's nothing wrong with that.

The planet that Star Killer Base used to be was actually filled with Force Energy, meaning that in some parts of it time moved slower than others. Rey and Finn were in a slow bit, while Kylo wasn't.

Most of those people are either dead, senile or moved on from Star Wars.

The rest are just hipster casuals and band wagoners

So?

>falseflagging intensifies

That you aren't allowed to have negative opinions that don't target the sequel trilogy.

People seem stuck between Revanchist/revanchism and Revenant. Honestly, it was probably the latter when it was first decided on, but like with Vader, coincidences conspired to provide a much better, fake etymology for the name.

probably my favorite thing about /swco/ is that every argument eventually comes down to someone saying something along the lines of "well true Star Wars fans..."

This post fits nicely into my theory.

Is Dark Times the best SW comic?

Yeah, the more i read his twitter, the more I started to dislike him. Especially when he retweets SJW crap and cringy feminist bloggers that seem to have joined Lucasfilm after the buyout.

I would say Lucasfilm isn't what it used to be, the only person there I have faith in is Filoni because he is proto-George. The rest all seem like young hipster staff with a PC agenda.

Lucasfilm may slowly but surely go the way of Marvel Comics that's suffered the same issue. I blame KK, she knows literally jack about SW compared to GL or Filoni...

In SWTOR if you beat the Revam Reborn Operation in Hardmode you'd get the title "___ the Revanchist"

One of the coolest titles in the game IMO

JJM confirmed Revanchist was his comic original idea on his website. He has a lot of behind the scenes shit for most of the original run there.

Zayne got a station named after him too, the main Republic hub if I recall correctly, which was a nice touch.

I've read them all, at least twice, but I couldn't recall that note off the top of my head. Been meaning to give the series and his notes another read through soon.

In any case, I always felt Revan and Revanchism was a very lucky break JJM was smart enough to capitalize on. Revanchism is not so much capitalized on in the games themselves, but it was clearly something that could be very easily pulled out of them and worked well with the setting and character.

Yeah they made quite a few nods to the comic. Most characters have armor sets (Zayne, Jarael, Rohlan, Lucien), there's a ton of references on Taris like a location called Draay Outpost, etc.

Adds some nice flavor

It's one thing to have a nostalgic love for the original versions, but theatrical-purists tend to regard the Special Editions as bad movies, but they're just not different enough for that to be the case.

the only argument I've heard about the special editions is that their changes were needless and add nothing to the movies, which I think is true. They didn't rape the movies, they just made the movies a tiny bit worse for me to watch by adding in extra fluff.

I'd certainly like a remastered original cut, but until then, well, I have my VHS tapes.

You do know that there's been the laserdisc transfers on the internet for years, right?

>not owning the physical laserdiscs

What is the best new canon comic?

Kanan

How old are you guys? I don't even know what a laser disk is except some old version of DVD.

I want more non-humanoid ayy lmaos to be important characters, to break up the casts sometime. Sometimes I think a lot of character designs for aliens would be more interesting if they didn't have to be basically weird looking humans, but nucanon doesn't seem to be moving away from that.

Does anyone share this feeling?

I like my freaky aliens, but Star Wars has never really been the place for them. They've done a few ones, but its been more miss than hit. Mostly just poor authors and dumb ideas, but still.

Lando

The thought does sound intriguing, but it would be difficult to pull off depending on how well the audience can relate to something non-human. Sadly, there has to be something of value (fanservice, comic relief) to make these aliens noteworthy to the s.o.b.'s...I mean, the audience.

Those are rubbish. It's all about the 32mm and 16mm film reel rips. That's the only way to watch Star Wars in highish quality.

I'm 23. I have the OT laserdiscs sitting underneath my non-Star Wars VHS tapes

>I'd certainly like a remastered original cut, but until then, well, I have my VHS tapes.
Have you checked out the Despecialized Editions?

I'm trying to find a quote from the Neimoidians but it's not showing up on any of the transcripts or Google or anything.

Didn't one of the Neimoidians in the Phantom Menace say "Isn't that...illegal?"

>...Is that legal?
>I will make it legal

Sidious rationalizing the Invasion of Naboo

Thanks!

29, I grew up watching the original movies on tape, I hadn't seen the movies in theaters until 97, but by then I'd already seen all three dozens of times over. Never spent money on a Laserdisc, because they were stupid fucking expensive at the time, and they were pretty quickly replaced with CDs

To whoever has compiled the audiobooks for the MEGA, can I formally request the Legacy of the Force books? I'm searching everywhere with no results, and that person seems to be pretty good at it.

Thanks in advance

That person gets them from other people that post them online (or was it just one person on one forum?) and just puts them in the MEGA for convenience. If you can't find them, then it's doubtful someone else will.

bummer

I point you to Vader saving Luke from Palpatine. The scene was tense, Vader turmoil expressed by body language and up until he acted you wasn't sure what was going to happen next the first time you saw it. It was a moment where restraint was for the better.

In the new version you now have him not only saying no, but him saying it again in the same hammy as fuck way that ruined his suiting scene in ROTS. It kills the impact of that moment, and now brings up how in the hell palp didn't hear him and see the betrayal coming.

I'd gotten used to most of the changes before but that one really felt unnecessary.

>Disney just plain does not give a fuck about space battles
I hope Rian changes this. I want some sick ship boarding action.

I'll see if I can track down anything. If I find anything I'llsay somethi g in the thread.

>same hammy as fuck way that ruined his suiting scene in ROTS.
Except he very clearly doesn't.

In RotS it's "Noooooooo!!!!"

In RotJ it's "No... No!"

appreciate it, m8

I get stuff from several sources. The soundtracks are usually from ffshrine. The audiobooks and the Legends stuff is from a Star Wars thread on Kaskus, a forum where some scanners and rippers (Kileko, b0bafett, etc) hang out. The Rebels Season 2 episodes I got from Kametsu.

I just look in every corner I can.

Any time

Listen again. The no is stretched out the same way.

youtube.com/watch?v=O3u70WELSEg

I know it's a bit early to tell, but is the Bendu a race, or is he just one entity? If the latter, does that mean he's been around since the beginning of time?

Its clearly different from the single RotS one. Its two "No"s with the second one echoing for a couple seconds

Seems to be a single being. We dont know for sure at the moment

Wouldn't surprise me if he's some ancient race that died off a long time ago, he's probably the last.

Why the giant Kyber Crystal was green.

You really should start reading about him yourself instead of getting second hand comments. It'll make you a biased asshole if you keep clinging to other peoples opinions.

I know it's two no's. I'm saying that having him say 'No' at all is as hammy as it was in suit scene, especially with the echo to stretch it out. Scene felt better with Vader silent in my opinion, and I don't see any reason to add him saying no.

Really didn't change the scene in my opinion. Still an emotional moment with Vader silent or not.

>I'm saying that having him say 'No' at all is as hammy as it was in suit scene, especially with the echo to stretch it out.

I disagree. It doesn't sound exaggerated at all.

>Scene felt better with Vader silent in my opinion, and I don't see any reason to add him saying no.

That was Anakin saying it, not Vader. In thst moment, Anakin was back. Anakin liked to verbally express his thoughts, feelings, and emotions. Makes perfect sense.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree then and move on.

From the thumbnail, I thought it was Kit Harington

>That was Anakin saying it, not Vader.
That's an interesting way of looking at it for sure. Still I prefer it silent, especially the way the score hits that high note right as he lunges and the no kinda messes with it. It flowed better in my opinion.

That's a cop out, the concept art showed it green and it was used for the Death Star laser which was also green.

Gotcha Pablo...

And suddenly I'm imagining a future update to that scene which has Hayden's voice in that scene. Possibly turning that first 'no' into a mental voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=g42tROYf3TY
>Star Wars Battlefront 3: Training (Pt.1)

Some new Battlefront 3 gameplay

Here's part 2

youtube.com/watch?v=lG0Wy1dqL9A

Then go follow him on Twitter yourself, or check his tweets on occasion. Honestly the people who complain about Pablo's responses ignore the context of his conversations. The man answers a bulk of Star Wars questions every day willingly, and most of them are stupid questions tweeted by idiots who think they have something to prove to try and lead him into arguments, or ridiculous questions about shipping. He has never insulted anyone, just responds with bants.

But he answers questions on Twitter because he genuinely wants to give fans a response to their questions about the universe, and their questions do get answered. If social media wasn't inherently such a shitshow or pissing contest, you'd get a less witty, but equally has helpful Hidalgo.

There are many people who believe that the theatrical cut is the only way to view the OT, and anything else is heresy of the utmost degree. A generation that grows up without the same experience is the result of the hateful spite of Lucasfilm.

B-but Legacy of the Force is awful.

I'll get around to it in a bit. The only problem is the audio doesn't actually make SENSE when taken out of context because it's a one minute sequence and you're isolating a couple of segments three segments long.

There's a reimagining of that scene with flashbacks from the prequels that comes close.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ia3vggwkzNk

And you people had hopes for this

That's probably fine

He never said that though.
Pretty sure all Adam Driver said was that Ep 8 wont be as lighthearted as TFA, and a bit weird.

Fuck me. If Rian Johnson can't make an original film, Terrovow has 0 change.

Treverrow is also complete shit. What a lot of /swco/ felt about TFA is what I felt about Jurassic World, it was like a bad TV movie trying to recycle all the hits of better films.

This is his exact quote.

>Driver said: "It’s great. It’s similar to how The Empire Strikes Back has a different tone. For that, people always go “oooh, it’s dark” but I don’t know that it necessarily is. It’s just different in tone in a way that I think is great and necessary but also very clear. He trusts [that] his audience is ready for nuance and ambiguity. He’s not dumbing anything down for someone and that’s really fun to play."

Oh yeah, even better than I remembered.

So that picture with the headline is just crappy clickb8.

>Polygon
Get your clickbait shit out of here.

>Treverrow is also complete shit. What a lot of /swco/ felt about TFA is what I felt about Jurassic World
Compared to what we could've gotten, Jurassic World is top tier.

I actually thought the dinosaur/human hybrids were a cool concept

>get bag of shit thrown in my face

>why are so mad user, it could have been two bags of shit

This would have been better

They are, just not for a Jurassic Park movie. I actually think they could work really good in a separate film.

>implying

Jurassic World was fun even if it had problems. JP 4 would've been a pile of shit the size of Manhattan

>They are, just not for a Jurassic Park movie. I actually think they could work really good in a separate film.
Heh, probably

Just because the alternate was awful doesn't excuse World from being essentially a SyFy movie with a bigger budget.

It wasn't though.

Yeah, if our options were some bizarre dinohybrids movie and a cheap remake of the original that had no substance (which is saying something since the original movie took out a lot of the substance of the book), I'd rather they just not make another one at all.

It was. You could rename is SYFY PRESENTS: RAPTORSAURUS REX and it wouldn't be out of place on there... except for the higher budget. The entire plot is just "we made a super-scary dinosaur to increase park attendance but also for secret military use oh no it got loose." That's it.

>The entire plot is just "we made a super-scary dinosaur to increase park attendance but also for secret military use oh no it got loose." That's it.

And it was cool.

I just realized how soon this is coming out.

Will you be getting it?

I do, but the fact that it's a young adult novel somewhat scares me. Please please please, let there be no romance plot. Ahsoka just went through two disposable boyfriends

given the authors other works, no.

World was the only good sequel to the original movie in my opinion

I really liked the third movie.

I thought Lost World had some merits, but it wasn't very good. 3 was just dumb and Lost World had fun moments but it requires everyone involved to be a complete idiot for it to work.

I like the Lost World, but I just hate Jurassic Park 3. The pterosaur sequence is good though, but goddamn it's a fucking mess otherwise.

/swco/ - Jurassic Park

I think to me the problem was that it required everyone to completely forget the fundamental lesson of the first movie, that this was something that could not be controlled and the entire concept was doomed to failure because despite all attempts to control every variable, life finds a way.

World kind of forgets that altogether, everyone is working fine, the park is under control, they've apparently solved all of the problems... but then they go and do something stupid like make a super-mega double-plus wicked rad dinosaur that's impossible to kill. And the reasoning for this? Henry Wu became an asshole for some reason and was secretly planning to sell this thing to the military, even though drones already do the job it was made for much more efficiently.

The only part of the movie that really works and strikes any kind of chord with the original movie's themes is Grady's raptors. He stresses repeatedly that the best you can do is try to have a relationship of mutual respect and gain their cooperation, but the raptors are never going to be fully obedient and you're never going to be able to control them. This should've been a contrast to the Indominus Rex, but apparently its unstoppable, uncontrollable nature was actually intentional because "sell it to the military!" which again is an idiotic idea.

>Ashley is reading the audiobook
Fuck yeah I am

If by getting it you mean downloading it, then yes.

They designed the Indominus Rex because people were getting bored of the dinosaurs they had. Not to sell to the military.

Except it would, because the film doesn't really work like most Syfy films do.

If it was a SyFy film, there would be no park ot military subplot it would just be about a mutated dinosaur cooked up in a secret US lab

This. The idea of selling dinosaurs to the military was just one guy that wanted to weaponize the Velociraptors.

youtube.com/watch?v=xQTmCfxHm5c

The military subplot would definitely be there, it's actually a staple of SyFy movies to involve them in some form (usually as fodder for whatever monster they have). You're right about the park, but in the grand scheme of things the park was just a backdrop.

Wu didn't intend to sell the hybrid originally, but Hoskins has him evacuated and from their discussion it sounds like Wu is open to the idea of making something similar for them.

Honestly I think this is worse, since if Wu had been planning on selling the IMPERIUS REX! to the military from the start, it almost makes sense. Instead he made his big cool dinosaur needlessly indestructible for absolutely no reason. Like what situation would it be in where it needed to be bulletproof? Were they going to shoot it in front of guests to wow them?

Rerelease from 2014

I think the joke went over your head

>we're made to suffer, it's our lot in life

I thought it was the Royale

What kind of bugged me is that Lost World has Hammond taking responsibility for the creatures he created and rather than exploit them, he needed to protect them and let them live their lives undisturbed. This was sort of his redemption, since he recognized that the idea was flawed from the start and everything that went wrong was ultimately on his shoulders. JP3 seems to follow that since it's stated to be illegal to go to the islands and unlawful tourism of it is a major plot point.

But then JW just has the Masrani Corporation acquire all the rights and such from InGen and go through with the park. That in itself isn't a big problem since InGen was already trying to do that even after Hammond tried to get them to fuck off, but then Masrani mentions that Hammond left him in charge so apparently Hammond recanted and decided that exploiting the dinosaurs for tourists was a great idea after all and forgot the huge lessons he learned in the first two movies.

>but then Masrani mentions that Hammond left him in charge so apparently Hammond recanted and decided that exploiting the dinosaurs for tourists was a great idea after all and forgot the huge lessons he learned in the first two movies.

That, or Masrani misunderstood Hammond at some point. Or chose to ignore him in certain parts. He did kinda go even more full retard than Hammond did.

Masrani bought out InGen shortly after the events of Lost World and Hammond's death. Hammond and his father were friends or something.

I just figure Masrani's buying into the park's own Walt Disney-esque PR or just felt deep down that Hammond would have loved to seen a world where the park actually worked.

No

I'll give it a listen.

I'll be asking cAnon to summarize it for me.

Mostly this. I wouldn't find time to read the novel so a summary will simply have to do.

Catching up, season 2 episodes 14 and 16 give me such good feels

I made a mistake, says 14 and 16 on kiss cartoon but they're really episodes 13 and 15

Episode counts are a little dodgy for the first two seasons due to the first "episode" being a one-hour premiere made up of two episodes.

Some places count it as a single episode, some count it as episodes 1 and 2 together, and some places don't include the premiere in the episode count at all.

All this talk of Jurassic Park makes me wonder, what would Star Wars, or even just the PT, be like if GL wrote the story and Spielberg directed it?

Now would be a good time to waifu/husbando someone.

One of the Inquisitors perhaps?

Who's your Rebels waifu/husbando, user
This is important. We of the collective need to know
It's a rule here.

kek

I love how defense of some of the weirder edits usually boils down to "w-well, I liked it" or similar.

That's not what that user said though, they gave a supporting reason.

I apologize for the late response, husbando is Kallus, probably shit tier, I'm sorry

They couldn't do that anyway because Fox actually owns the distribution rights of the original ANH forever. And you know how much Fox and Disney love each other.

Depends. Does she write lesbian fiction?

>"What's the point of all this? I mean, why?"
>"I don't know, sir. I don't think anybody knows. But I do know is that someday, this war is gonna end."
>"Then what? We're soldiers. What happens to us then?"
>―Clone troopers Rex and Fives, on their military service to the Republic
When was this spoken? Don't remember hearing this exchange before.

End of the Umbara arc I think.

Carnage of Krell - TCW Season 4 Episode 10

It's quite literally the last dialogue of the episode.

Then have him say "that was pretty wizard" after throwing him because why not, nufaggots will eat this shit all day, defend it and ask for seconds.

>No fallout after an arc ends
Literally my only gripe with the Clone Wars.

We were going to have more Umbara but the cancellation hit. I know one of the planned arcs was what Obi-wan was up to during the airstrikes Fives and crew dealt with.

That was such a great arc. Makes you wonder how many Jedi were actually damaged by the battle on Umbara.
I'm guessing this battle was what broke Barriss too.

Now you're just trying too hard.

Not really, Anakin loved to express his emotions through dated slang. In that moment he was Anakin. I like it.

Krell is mentioned afterwards during the Temple Bombing Arc, but you're right we don't see any repercussions.

Where did you hear that?

Shit if I remember, probably hearsay in one of these threads I guess.

I've been following the canceled Clone Wars arcs very closely, and I guarantee to you that was not planned

You could argue that the whole of Umbara probably shaped the rest of the show. And like said it might have factored into the whole Temple Bombing.

Star Wars is myth, changes to that myth however small are heresy in the literal sense of the term. If Star Wars isn't sacred to you then yes the differences are minor and arguing about it is stupid, but if it is sacred to you then it's literal heresy, they've committed a taboo you can't tolerate.

Entryists

Name one time Anakin said wizard after age 9.

Name a mythological canon that never evolved and changed.

That's fair. I also have wishful thinking syndrome.

>sacred
>heresy
Dude, I love Star Wars, and it's important to me, but holy shit! It's movies, cartoons, books, comics, and games. Fiction for the sake of entertainment. You might need to chill, before Alec Guiness becomes right about you.

Spielberg should have bought Star Wars from Disney, we know he can afford it, plus unlike JJ his Star Wars would actually be good. He sure as shit "gets" it more than JJ and Pegg

Nufaggots are to Star Wars as Mormons are to Christianity, they swear up and down that they are Star Wars fans or Christians but they're not, they're a descendent clade that branched off from the original and the original says they deserve to burn in hell for their heresy.

I thought it was cancelled because EA didn't want modders to do anything

Disney isn't going to sell star wars for any price, it is, like many of their other franchises, a permit to simply print money.

>>First episode of each trilogy has small group of starfighters facing a large battleship/station, dogfighting with smaller fighters.
>>Second episode of each trilogy has a primarily ground-based battle, with one starship chase (possibly though an asteroid field)
>>Third episode of each trilogy has a large-scale space battle, to reflect the escalation of danger and culmination of the narrative.

>>pottery

Spielberg has money, but he'd never be able to afford Disney's price for being Star Wars. Keep in mind, Disney is expecting the franchise to make them a shitload of money for years- they'd only be willing to let it go for an amount that would make up for the loss of revenue. It's going to be such a ridiculously large number that nobody's ever going to entertain it.

It's the same reason Disney can't just buy the movies rights to the Marvel properties Fox controls. Fox is going to want a shitload for it.

These religious allegories to the theatrical versions have reached a new degree of ridiculousness.

That was Galaxy in Turmoil who used Free Radical's Battlefront assets. This is Free Radical's original Battlefront 3 build, not the GiT mod.

And the modders were fucking stupid anyway so when EA stepped in nothing of value was lost.

>Devs arbitrarily use colors and gadgets shown in the films to mark Clone Troopers

>falseflagging intensifies
Either that or just plain ol' trolling. More like both.

is it just you that keeps on spamming
>falseflagging
all the time, or do you have friends?

Seems like standard "only this kind of fan is a true fan!" bait to me

Either way, it's shit we don't need.

But, at least it's not people screaming their heads off over 'muh generals'

The lack of waifus in this thread disturbs me.

How am I going to find my next victim like that?

You can't win.

If their blade finds their mark, our hearts will be theirs, but if you strike them down, they shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

I really hate how Vader looks in Rebels.

Who will he strike down next when the waifu reserve is depleted?

They used a little more of his original Ralph McQuarrie concept, but he's still Vader.

You overestimated your waifus abilities user.

>that image

it's the long ass helmet man. I just can't get behind it.

Religion is everywhere if you know what to look for. You can't possibly expect something that involves declarations of what is or isn't canon to not experience pushback from people saying "no you're the heretics". Schisms are fundamentally religious in nature, and hatred peaks the more closely the two clades are alike.

Forget your waifus. The only way to stop your suffering is to make Filoni your husbando.

Give in to the Dark Side.

But then he'll just kill himself

No, he would do something far worse.

He would reject your affections. Leave you broken and alone. Forever.

I hate that picture. The concept is great, but they stuck a picture of Filoni facing (the veiwer's) right, in a Vader helmet that's facing left.

Well, what are you waiting for then? Make a better one!

Let me rephrase. I hate that picture, and am also a lazy fuck.

I want to suck Seventh Sister's big yellow cock

Too bad for her, Clone Troopers age up fast

Revan wields whatever the hell he feels like at the time. Do you actually think he'd only ever use one? The dude was a scientist and an inventor, do you think he's going to stick to one design and style?

when you put to much detail to make someone look possessed am i right
he doesn't even look like the same fucking character im

I have no idea who this is

This one probably lied about his age to get some. Poor SS, getting tricked by those cheeky clones.

that's my point

I think it's Hux when Starkiller fires.

Just finished season 2

>Mfw Maul decided to say fuck it and cross them
>Mfw Kanan is blind
>Mfw Ahsoka vs Anakin and Ahsoka may be dead

How do I cope with this

correct.

Thank you, user, I'm glad I'm not alone

>when you fuck up everything because you're a piece of shit

why would you even care?

Yeah

Season 3 in 6 Days.

Hayden did this!
Because I do
Thank god

It hit us all hard too, user. You're not alone.

This plot was used to make Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron for the DS. Obviously with a mobile console with one analog stick it doesn't play nearly as well but the actual story was taken down.

Welcome to our lives for the last year. You only have to deal with it for a few days.

Is this kino?

>kino
Stop

Yes.

No, this is.

Is lego TFA any good? I'm not that big fan of the movie, but I need my lego SW fix and it's on sale.

It's okay, but if you're used to the other Lego games where the characters just kind of grunt and yell, you may need to prepare yourself since they have full speech now.

the game is god tier.

Filoni is a true master of pottery...

If you can get him to say his name backwards, does he disappear?

>It hit us all hard too
>Mfw that stream
That was some SHIT

>Filoni's upbringing.webm

Man

The extra long neck connecting the bridge of the star destroyers in Rebels bugs the shit out of me.

It's called art style

That's because all of the designs and art aesthetic in Rebels is leaning heavily on Quarrie's designs, just like TCW was with Genndy Wars.

This guy beat me to it

>We'll never see Luke in space gear fighting Vader in a space battle

What do you suppose the artstyle will be for the future ST era cartoon?

youtu.be/9wb0-wiFrdg

ABANDON THREAD

MAN THE LIFEBOATS

(New thread)

Might as well do a Colin Cantwell so it's not ambiguous.