EXCLUSIVE: DC Comics’ December 2016 Young Animal Solicitations

DOOM PATROL #4

Written by GERARD WAY—Art and cover by NICK DERINGTON—Variant cover by PAUL RENTLER

Everything is getting stranger and stranger for Casey Brinke. The secrets she’s learned about her true origin do a little to explain the bizarre new surroundings she finds herself in, but not why she’s attracting the members of Doom Patrol like so many flies. Also, find out the secret ingredient that makes Danny Burgers so delicious!

This issue features a variant cover by Paul Rentler that combines with this month’s other variant covers from DC’S Young Animal to form a single image.

On sale DECEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US MATURE READERS

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/exclusive-dc-comics-december-2016-young-animal-solicitations/
comicsbeat.com/sdcc-16-young-animals-liveblog/
bleedingcool.com/2016/09/17/frankensteining-dc-comics-solicits-for-december-2016-including-the-dc-rebirth-holiday-special/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MOTHER PANIC #2

Written by JODY HOUSER—Art and cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS–Variant cover by PAUL RENTLER

Mother Panic is on the hunt, which means Violet Paige is out on the town, making a splash among Gotham City’s elite. But what role do missing kids play in her thirst for vengeance? And what does her target have to do with the mysterious death of her father?

This issue features a variant cover by Paul Rentler that combines with this month’s other variant covers from DC’S Young Animal to form a single image.

On sale DECEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #3

Written by CECIL CASTELLUCCI—Art by MARLEY ZARCONE—Cover by BECKY CLOONAN—Variant cover by PAUL RENTLER

Trying to settle into her new life as an Earth girl, Shade finds the body she has taken over doesn’t have the same skills as it did when its previous inhabitant was in charge. It’s bad enough that her swim team hates her, but now she can’t perform in the water at all. Can Shade find anyone she can trust to give her guidance before the madness takes over and exposes her as an alien to the entire school?

On sale DECEMBER 7 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

>connecting variants
neat

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #3

Written by GERARD WAY and JON RIVERA—Art and cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING—Variant cover by PAUL RENTLER

Cave and his ad hoc team of spelunkers (his daughter Chloe and best-bud mechanic Jack Wheeler) have answered the call to adventure! But as they search for the lost city of Muldroog, Cave’s employer sends a crack team of his own in the latest in subterranean transportation: the Mighty Mole MK 2, led by a famed explorer from Cave’s past. And it looks like they’re out for more than just the return of EBX property…

On sale DECEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

>corporate burger chains and not family owned food trucks

reeeeeeee

cbr.com/exclusive-dc-comics-december-2016-young-animal-solicitations/

CBR fucking ruined their solicits

Also Monday for full solicits and if there's any stray early solicits, do post them here I guess

>Doom Patrol
>this shit concept is still around to infect the world with it mediocrity
That's utterly offensive.

>MATURE READERS
>Doom Patrol
>mature
Yes, because inconsistent tone and unlikable douchebag protagonists are "mature".

(you)

Congrats! It's a (You)!

disgusting
the old layout was great for solicits

I hope newsarama didn't ruin their solicits since those were the two places I could actually go to for them

What's Doom Patrol's concept and appeal ?

X-Men knockoff MADE ON DRUGS.

budget x-men for people that hate marvel for no reason

Grant Morrison invented them in the 80's. You should read his run, it's really good. No one since has been able to make them as good. Then again, who can top Morrison?

>X-Men knockoff

Except Doom Patrol came first.

>hate marvel for no reason
Oh there are plenty of reasons.

>morrison
>invented doom patrol

I'm out. Done with Cred Forums. This place is fucking retarded and if not it's full of shitposters. Fuck this, I don't need this

Bunch of freaks and weirdos fight equally freaky weirdos to save the world, or at least small fishing villages.

You're just as retarded as this place, you can stay.

weird superhero team in the DC universe, people saying its a x-men ripoff are either dumb or trying to bait.

it's insane how bad they fucked it up.

>highschool drama
Hmmmm...
Hopefully there will be a lot of subversions if not outright disregard for that setting in favor of something more interesting.

Seriously, taking such quality bait and going apeshit like that is just...wow.

I liked it, the art is okay but when it changed styles to show the Gyro world, WOW!

Tommy Lee Edwards and John Paul Leon. I really hope the writing is good because this will be the best looking comic.

The art in the preview looked kinda bad, writing was fine an the concept is strong

Oeming sucks. Isn't this supposed to have backups by Tom Scioli? When do they start?

This is your nu/co/.

Live-action was a mistake.

So many faggots that don't read comics but feel the need to make their shitty uninformed opinions known to everyone.

>X-Men knockoff

It's not common that you find someone exactly wrong. X-Men ripped off Doom Patrol, not the other way around.

I don't like how it's zoomed in and fuzzy now but at least I can still grab the covers easily with a right-click unlike Newsarama's new site

Fuck every site is trash now

>taking the bait
Truly, this is nu/co/

They're superheroes who 'did not ask for this' in the parlance of our times. Their powers and abilities come at the cost of being disabled in some way or another, and who are often the victim of their transformations, instead of the lucky recipients of them.

Cliff, for example, is a brain in a jar that controls an incredibly impressive robot body. However, he has no sense of touch, taste or anything else.

where is scioli

where

im gonna shoot

That forced tragic aspect is one of the reasons they're so obnoxious. So you've got your 'superpowers as a curse' thing going on, but then they go on the most ridiculous adventures that even the Silver Age would think was going too far, and then take that shit completely seriously. And don't even get me started on their villains. The Brain and Monssieur Malah, a disembodied brain, and a sapient gorilla respectively, and are madly in love with each other. Or the Brotherhood of Dada, who commit fucked up crimes based around the art movement. Again, taken 100% seriously.

And by the way, what the hell is Mento's disability? Did his telepathy make him such an outrageous douchebag, or was he already like that?

>but then they go on the most ridiculous adventures that even the Silver Age would think was going too far, and then take that shit completely seriously.

Because that shit's fun as hell.

Thats why they will never work as a serious team and this run is going for that angle

They launched a book called Super Powers. They might be rethinking his backups

>They launched a book called Super Powers
What?

SUPER POWERS #1
Written by ART BALTAZAR and FRANCO
Art and cover by ART BALTAZAR
Variant cover by FRANCO
Blank variant cover
Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.
Aw yeah, the World’s Greatest Heroes are back in a new, all-ages miniseries—except for Batman! Superman helps out by cleaning up in Gotham City, where he discovers a clue that sends Wonder Woman into space to find the Caped Crusader. Her journey brings her a step closer to Batman, but can she uncover the truth behind his disappearance? From the award-winning creative team that brought you TINY TITANS and SUPERMAN FAMILY ADVENTURES!
On sale NOVEMBER 23 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED E

In the Cave Carson book. His backups aren't going to have their own solicits.

>[citation needed]
Super Powers is supposed to be published as back-up material in Cave Carson.

November Solicits

>Doom Patrol
another win for DC

Given that Scioli's still working on the backups, they clearly aren't. It's just two different Super Powers projects.

The branding on YA has been terrible

That seems to be some entirely other thing. No mention of Scioli.

>It's just two different Super Powers projects.

Which is dumb as hell

Well I was hoping it was more than just aliens. This reminds me a lot of the fastfood chain in Invader Zim.

I think the art in the first issue of Shade the Changing Man wasn't that strong either. It can still settle in.

Exactly. Hence
>They might be rethinking his backups

Reading comprehension, bro.

>Isn't this supposed to have backups by Tom Scioli? When do they start?

I think all of the Young Animal comics besides Doom Patrol have backups, just not mentioned in the solicits. Shade the Changing Girl has Gilbert Hernandez

>just aliens
It's never "just" anything with the Doom Patrol.

I like Doom Patrol, I like Gerard Way... I should probably check this out eventually.

sauce?

The SDCC YA panel.

comicsbeat.com/sdcc-16-young-animals-liveblog/

Plebe: the post

> but the moment Young Animals truly came into being was when Gerard pulled out an old encyclopedia of DC characters and started flipping through. He found characters like Shade and Cave Carson.
You fucking faggot Way! You fucking fagot! You have failed me! This is how you found out about Shade?!

Maybe I'm blind, where do you see John Paul Leon?

He will alternate with Tommy Lee Edwards on Mother Panic. He posted a few WIP panels on twitter.

Neat, thanks for the info, love his artwork. I hope he does an arc of Sheriff eventually - or whatever its successor is called - instead of just the covers.

Doubt it. For one, he is obscenely slow. And secondly, Mitch gerards is DC exclusive for a reson I think.
I like pairing JPL with TLE because they have a similar style and since JPL can only do about maybe 2 full issues/year fill ins then he can either do a one shot special for an ongoing or be put on a title and then you'll get mad when fill ins happen.

like how to you take such a cool idea like Young Animals and fuck it up in every aspect? It's just like DC:You

Backups don't get solicits dipshit.

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/17/frankensteining-dc-comics-solicits-for-december-2016-including-the-dc-rebirth-holiday-special/

MIDNIGHTER AND APOLLO #3

Written by STEVE ORLANDO—Art by FERNANDO BLANCO—Cover by ACO

With Henry Bendix’s trap sprung, it’ll be a long road for Midnighter to be reunited with Apollo—and the path will take him straight through the gates of Hell itself!

On sale DECEMBER 7 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

DEADMAN: DARK MANSION OF FORBIDDEN LOVE #2

Written by SARAH VAUGHN—Art by LAN MEDINA—Cover by STEPHANIE HANS

The bimonthly miniseries continues! After Deadman and Adelia’s sudden disappearance, Berenice begins to unlock the mysteries of Glencourt Manor. With evil lurking around every corner, Berenice longs to confide in her boyfriend Nathan about what she has discovered, but she fears what he may think of her…instead, Berenice finds a sympathetic ear in Sam, who shows Berenice what it means to be a true friend.

Prestige format • On sale DECEMBER 7 • 48 pg, FC, 2 of 3, $5.99 US • RATED T

SUPER POWERS #2

Written by ART BALTAZAR and FRANCO—Art and cover by ART BALTAZAR

Superman has been defeated by Lex Luthor—or so the evil mastermind thinks! Trapped in a Kryptonite fortress under the sea, our hero is fading fast—but he can’t be defeated when his friends have his back! And while he is recovering, a new Kryptonian arrives on the scene! Plus, something weird has come to Central City. The Flash might provide some answers…if you can keep up!

On sale DECEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED E

DEATH OF HAWKMAN #3

Written by MARC ANDREYKO—Art by AARON LOPRESTI and LIVESAY—Cover by AARON LOPRESTI

With both Adam Strange and Hawkman on the run as intergalactic fugitives with bounties on their heads, the march to war between Thanagar and Rann intensifies! In order to stop it, the heroes must secretly try to unravel who—or what—is instigating hostilities while dodging pursuit from all corners of the universe! And if you thought you knew Despero, you were wrong!
On sale DECEMBER 7 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T

HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS #3
Written by ROB DAVID and LLOYD GOLDFINE—Art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II

The ThunderCats team up to combat a new foe: Skeletor! And as young King Lion-O battles this evil from another world, he distracts Skeletor from an important fight against Mumm-Ra. With the Power of Grayskull hanging in the balance, who can possibly turn the tide of battle?
On sale DECEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T

Speaking of Thundercats, it's sounding more and more like Simone is gonna be writing a Thundercats book

VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND #3
Written by GARY PHILLIPS—Art by ELENA CASAGRANDE—Cover by MITCH GERADS

Donny has landed in hot water. Both literally and figuratively. The trail of his girlfriend’s killer has led him into a dangerous conspiracy, and the cops now think he’s a murderer himself. The only way out is to take a jump in the Pacific Ocean, but the mysterious assassin Spectros is going to make sure that the Southland Vigilante never comes up for air.
On sale DECEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

>DEATH OF HAWKMAN
Did they change the title?

Yes
It was originally Hawkman/Adam Strange: Something Who Cares

Shazam backups in Justice League were solicited

Now people will buy it

Way is a phony

no they won't

Skeletor is fighting against Mumm-Ra and then the Thundercats??!!! How Skeletor can be so badass??!! By the way this is the cover of the 3rd issue, it looks epic!

Wait, Simone will write Thundercats comic? When has been this announced?

a bunch of weird ideas and great art does not a great story make. morrison is great way not so much

It wasn't announced but for her upcoming book she said something about bringing the thunder and then something about cats

so either thundercats, catwoman/catman get struck by lightning, or a hero with some lightning theme gets a cat

what do you like about way?

Can't wait for this crossover!!! It looks great! And i love Williams's artwork!