Ratigan

Who's the best Disney Villain?
And why is Ratigan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFmeC91UEzs
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGEz1zDGgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gastan!

Scar deserves a high spot cause he actually succeeded.
Like how short is the list of Disney Villains who got what their evil plan was to get and actually kept it for more than a day.

Scar was king for years.

Because when his plan failed he just said fuck it and beat the shit put of Basil.

FROM THE BRAIN THAT BROUGHT YOU THE BIG BEN CAPER

Underrated movies

THE HEAD THAT MADE HEADLINES IN EVERY NEWSPAPER!

k-kingdom hearts world when

He was also a terrible king and went from a cunning manipulator to a terrible liar torn apart by his own minions in a humiliating fashion. Scar post-Mufasa is like a completely different character than he was at the start of the movie. He would have been better than Ratigan if he were a solid king and knew how not to get killed.

Someone I used to know once argued that Scar was a better villain than Ratigan "because he could beat him in a fight."

I know it's really overstated at this point, but he's the only real reason to watch the movie he's in anyway.

Would you believe me if I told you the game Kid Icarus Uprising has an even better villainous Hades?

Best Husbando, gave me a fetish for men in cravats with cigarette holders.

Of course he was a terrible king. He only wanted the throne for the sake of power, he had no interest in the actual responsibilities of a king.

i'd argue it's him being an incompetent king fits his character perfectly. he feels he 'deserves' to be king out of his own ego and self worth more than having actual ideas how to run the pride. when given the power he feels he deserves he squanders it on short term indulgences because he was always selfish, and when in danger he betrays allies because only 'he' matters in his world.

all his plans were about 'becoming' king. Once he was king he just expected everything to work out because he's superior to Mufasa according to himelf.

Yeah, because I love that game.

You can be a terrible king without being an incompetent moron. That's what I'm so disappointed in.

I understand why the film's writers went this route with him, it just made him a lot less cooler than he initially seems. It's sad that the singer of Be Prepared couldn't feed anyone after all, but poetic.

My brother.

I'd love to see the two of them hanging out, it hasn't been done as far as I've seen.

I think it's surprisingly deep in its execution. Scar is, like his namesake, superficial - a creature of pure presentation, who knows how to jump and howl and preen, but in practice lacks the substance to do anything of worth. He only defeats Mufasa throw low manipulation and subterfuge, concealing the extent of his treachery the same as he concealed the paucity of his actual responsiblity and competency as a king from his hyenas. The moment they see him for what he is, they tear him to pieces.

well most of be prepared is sung By Jim Cummings who also voiced Ed, and Ed probably could be an idiot savant type king if need be.

Best part of that Movie.

>Scar is, like his namesake, superficial - a creature of pure presentation, who knows how to jump and howl and preen, but in practice lacks the substance to do anything of worth.
You're describing me. No wonder I resented his direction so.

That's a brilliant idea.

>Jim Cummings
I swear that guy is the most versatile VA alive.

I don't think about this movie much but Ratigan probably was the best part of it, more entertaining than Basil for sure. The whole death trap bit was pretty great.

Also if this movie came out today SJWs would probably be insisting that he's a transmouse and should be referred to as his preferred species. Makes u think

>gave me a fetish for men in cravats with cigarette holders
You don't need a crush fetish to appreciate those things.

Being voiced by Vincent Price helped too.

AND WONDROUS THINGS LIKE THE TOWER BRIDGE JOB

That cunning display that made Londoners sob

NOW COMES THE REAL TOUR DE FORCE

TRICKY AND WICKED OF COURSE

He's basically the absolute distillation of you what makes Disney villains so great.
>He's camp and very fun to watch
>He's got that underdog (NOTARAT) thing going on while still being an utter bastard
>He's a genius but is held back by his own egotism and need to show off
>He's genuinely scary when he snaps and is a physical threat
>That villain song man

I admit when people say Disney Villain, I think of Ratigan even though he's not the most prominently advertised.
He's the best example of what makes a Disney Villain.

Ratigan wasn't righteously combatting the gypsy scourge.

>implying Gaston is a villain

Herc being Saitama-lite and shitstomping every threat while being an upstanding, goofy guy was pretty neat. Some of the music and DeVito's voice work was ok.

Honestly, Basil was plenty entertaining himself. It's what makes GMD such a good movie to me. Both the hero AND the villain are entertaining and charismatic rather than just one of them.

Because of the great Vencent Price, he left us too soon.

You are so wrong. It's Fat Cat. search your feelings, you know it's true

I don't think he's the best but I always thought Sykes was really underrated as a Disney villain if only because of his "It ain't personal, understand, it's just business" mentality and grounded nature that is so different from most of them. He definitely had the most metal death of any Disney villain though.

>And why is Ratigan?

Combination of his voice, his animation, the sheer insanity and audacity of his plot, and the fact that he's clearly superior to Basil physically and equal to him mentally.

Also wrong.

Real best Disney villain.

>Most metal death

That would be either Clayton or Frollo

Has this fucker come close to killing the protagonists? Hell no! Fat Cat for the Lifetime Disney Villain Award.

>when you missed the best lyrics in the whole song

My earlier crimes were fine for their times,
But now that I'm at it again

youtube.com/watch?v=wFmeC91UEzs

i dunno fucker got hit by a Subway. Train plus third rail. Thats metal enough for a Metallica cover. Shit his dogs got a more brutal death then Frollo.

Not even Close.

Scar was the definition of hubris
I like the fact that in the musical, he was obsessed with being "immortal"
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGEz1zDGgY

THE WORLD'S GREATEST RAT.

Wh-what is it?

That's the Horned King from relatively forgotten Disney feature, The Black Cauldron. He's grim and austere but kind of dated.

An even grimmer plot has been simmering in my great criminal brain!

Even meaner? You mean it?

Worse than the widows and orphans you drowned?

Hater?