WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: The Flash

>Matt Barr, James McKay, Andy Mientus and Rick Cosnett auditioned for Barry Allen.

>Mike Kalinowski and David A. Gregory auditioned for Eddie Thawne

>Tessa Thompson was approached for Iris West.

>Ernie Hudson was approached for Joe West.

>In early stages, Hartley Rathaway would've been part of the S.T.A.R. Labs crew.

>In early stages, Iris would be a psychology student interning at Central City Police Department and studying to be a criminal profiler.

>In early stages, Joe would be killed by Weather Wizard in the pilot episode.

>In early stages, Caitlin's dead fiance would've been Kyle Nimbus, who'd later return as The Mist. She'd also become romantically involved with Barry.

>In early stages, Eddie was a much more unsympathetic character, an arrogant glory hound who'd often take credit for the Flash's achievements.

>A large subplot concerning the secret behind Eddie's transfer from Keystone City was scrapped. It would've been revealed that he accidentally shot his previous partner and covered up his involvement to protect his career.

>In early stages, Captain Cold would've been a metahuman.

>In early stages, Solovar and Nmandi would've been featured as gorillas affected by the particle accelerator explosion alongside Grodd.

>Season 1 was based on a feature film script drafted by Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim that was scrapped after the box office failure of 2011's GREEN LANTERN.

Literally who?

>In early stages, Zoom would've been Earth-2's Barry Allen.

>In early stages, the real Jay Garrick would've been Earth-3's Eddie Thawne, and Rick Cosnett was even approached for the role before John Wesley Shipp, who had initially declined to play a costumed superhero, changed his mind.

>In early stages, Patty Spivot would've been a recurring character throughout the season, but had to be written out when Shantel VanSanten was cast in another TV series.

>In early stages, Captain Cold and Heatwave would've been recurring characters throughout the season and continue assembling the Rogues, but plans were scrapped when LEGENDS OF TOMORROW moved into production.

>In early stages, Ronnie Reymond would've been a recurring character throughout the season, but had to be written out when Robbie Amell was cast in another series.

>Earth-2's Harrison Wells was envisioned as a kind-hearted scientist. It was Tom Cavanagh's suggestion to make him a contentious, but ultimately trustworthy reluctant ally.

>Zoom's design is based on how Eobard Thawne would've looked like in the scrapped 2011 movie written by Berlanti and Guggenheim.

Literally none of that is good, why would you even make this thread?

Eh, I'm bored and easily entertained.

>In early stages, Joe would be killed by Weather Wizard in the pilot episode.

>Matt Barr
looks like Barry at least

Well, I'm glad it didn't happen then.

>Caitlin dating the Mist

Well that's random

>In early stages, Captain Cold and Heatwave would've been recurring characters throughout the season and continue assembling the Rogues, but plans were scrapped when LEGENDS OF TOMORROW moved into production

Fucking thought so. More reason to despise that mediocre show.

>In early stages, Zoom would've been Earth-2's Barry Allen
And it really fucking showed.

>>In early stages, Caitlin's dead fiance would've been Kyle Nimbus, who'd later return as The Mist. She'd also become romantically involved with Barry.

There's a credit for the original Kyle at IMDB. He was played by Brendon Zub.

>In early stages, Caitlin's dead fiance would've been Kyle Nimbus, who'd later return as The Mist. She'd also become romantically involved with Barry.
This is really obvious specially in the first season, that even had deleted scenes where is absolutely obvious, I would have loved to watch more of it in the second season.
>In early stages, Patty Spivot would've been a recurring character throughout the season, but had to be written out when Shantel VanSanten was cast in another TV series.
Will she be back if/when her new series is a failure???

>A large subplot concerning the secret behind Eddie's transfer from Keystone City was scrapped. It would've been revealed that he accidentally shot his previous partner and covered up his involvement to protect his career.

This was alluded to in the CW Flash comic, IIRC a bad guy that makes people relieve their worst experiences makes Iris and Eddie relieve theirs and we see Eddie all scared and seeing himself with a gun while saying "I didn’t mean to, it was an accident"

Aww man, I mean I'm glad JWS is Jay but damn I want Rick Cosnett back :(

Anything's possible.

>Will she be back if/when her new series is a failure???
Christ, I hope not.

>Christ, I hope not.
Really? Reallyyyy????

Not the person you're responding to, but she really made me cringe for some reason. I think they were trying too hard with her.

>boring generic pretty girl with felicitys personality that is immediately outshined by every other female in the room at any given time because she has nothing that standso ut about her
Yeah, really. She was annoying and obnoxious.

>>boring generic pretty girl with felicitys personality

This is simply untrue.

She was way more understanding than Felicity.

I'd patty her spivots, if you know what I mean

she had better on-screen chemistry with Barry than Iris does

>Season 1 was based on a feature film script drafted by Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim that was scrapped after the box office failure of 2011's GREEN LANTERN.

BASED
A
S
E
D

>In early stages, Zoom would've been Earth-2's Barry Allen.
lame, glad they scrapped it
>In early stages, the real Jay Garrick would've been Earth-3's Eddie Thawne, and Rick Cosnett was even approached for the role before John Wesley Shipp, who had initially declined to play a costumed superhero, changed his mind.
eh, would've been okay
but I still think Eddie should've been Zoom
sad
>In early stages, Captain Cold and Heatwave would've been recurring characters throughout the season and continue assembling the Rogues, but plans were scrapped when LEGENDS OF TOMORROW moved into production.
sad
>In early stages, Ronnie Reymond would've been a recurring character throughout the season, but had to be written out when Robbie Amell was cast in another series.
sad
>Earth-2's Harrison Wells was envisioned as a kind-hearted scientist. It was Tom Cavanagh's suggestion to make him a contentious, but ultimately trustworthy reluctant ally.
this was good, Wellsobard was kind but secretly sinister, Wells2 was the reverse by being an asshole but secretly kind. the dynamic worked well
>>Zoom's design is based on how Eobard Thawne would've looked like in the scrapped 2011 movie written by Berlanti and Guggenheim.
design I could take it or leave it but jesus christ the voice was terrible

>Not liking based Candyman

Your kind is not welcome here.

>she had better on-screen chemistry with Barry than Iris does
Caitlin has had all along so much better chemistry with Barry than any other female in the series.
Anyway, which one anons?

>barry got to see caitlin while he was changing her clothes
it's not fair

But the Flash right now is great, it's the only good cape tv series right now.

>Barry is great actor
>Joe is GOAT actor
>Cavanagh is based
>the other Eobard is also GOAT and looks literally like Eobard
>based Cisco
>great use of Flash's villain gallery, interesting new enemies every episode
>good comic arc adaptations and character translations

What else do you need for a good cape show? So far Flash didn't fail in anything, aside from Wally, but this is Barry's show. Maybe Wally will redeem himself on the 3rd season, so far he is the show's weakest link and the only really bad actor of the bunch.

Iris gets almost as bad as felicity sometimes.

>>A large subplot concerning the secret behind Eddie's transfer from Keystone City was scrapped. It would've been revealed that he accidentally shot his previous partner and covered up his involvement to protect his career.
yeah i remember that too. i think guggenheim wrote that comic, and i guess he thought it would still be a thing.

>>In early stages, Captain Cold and Heatwave would've been recurring characters throughout the season and continue assembling the Rogues, but plans were scrapped when LEGENDS OF TOMORROW moved into production

Their only real bad move. Legends is terrible. They should have stuck with the rogues.

Well, at least we still have Mirror Master yet to show up, maybe by the time all the Rogues are presented Legends will have failed and Cold will come back to The Flash.

We also have a musical crossover for Supergirl, hopefully that means the Music Meister.

Yeah but the romance is heavily contained in The Flash except for 1 or 2 episodes per season. Generally her bullshit is about 2 or 5 minutes long at max, while there are whole story arcs about felicity.

Muh dick.

I'm just saying, "The Flash hasn't failed in anything" isn't entirely true when we have both Wally and Iris as occasionally awful characters. I still love the show, but it has its fair share of problems.

Especially once some of the good writers went on to Legends.

Oh cool Iris could have had some character

Ahh
Everytime
>arrow loses goos writers to flash
>flash loses good writers to LoT
What's next

>LoT loses good writers to Vixen

I knew it! After all that set-up at the end of Rogue Air with the escaped metahumans the only follow up we got was the midseason finale with Weather Wizard. I guess that was their way of throwing us a bone. "Our plans for the Rogues were scrapped because of LOT. Here, have a midseason finale dedicated to the Rogues instead of Zoom to make up for it." We probably would have gotten an episode dedicated to Heat Wave's backstory in Season 2 just like we got one dedicated to Cold if it wasn't for Legends. At least they tackled his backstory there for a little bit.

she doesn't have better chemistry than patty thats for sure but definitely more than iris.

Shit some walls have more chemistry than iris.

Zoom being barry allen would have been amazing since they're using starwars allegories. Honestly anyone other than who they chose would have been better. Or just never revealing who he/it is.

>Will she be back if/when her new series is a failure???
Well you know what they say, nothing is impossible

Fuuuuuuuuuuck meeeee.

I'm not even a shipfag but both Caitlin and Patty had better chemistry with Barry than Iris so it pains me to see them force Iris as the "one and only" every god damn time.

Does that mean Aunt May will die?

Older Barry as Zoom while the real Jay Garrick is Earth-2 Eddie would have been god-tier. It also would have needed less explanation for why Zoom is so terrifying in concept since it can easily play into Barry's insecurities in how he'll never be happy.

You know, Flash.

Let's not go that far.

And the whole "we're not that different" stuff zoom was trying to pull

>Matt Barr

Way too alpha for TV Barry.