DC Universe Rebirth. I CRIED. Thank you Geoff Johns, Gary Frank, and Ivan Reis for reminding me why I love comics...

DC Universe Rebirth. I CRIED. Thank you Geoff Johns, Gary Frank, and Ivan Reis for reminding me why I love comics. Cred Forums what was your experience like?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83134205/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't read comics OP

Quality shit. Best DC release of the year and one of the best single issues of the year period.

It was alright. I certainly appreciated that Legion of Super-Heroes reference.

Is the Rebirth event the DC way of saying that Nu52 was a mistake?

I cried too, but mostly because of that awesome soundtrack the one user made

Pretty much. It's a slow-burn reversal of Flashpoint's changes. It seems like it's trying to undo the movie-synergy based bullshit of the New 52's changes, while also bringing back the characters and concepts people liked. It's probably the best time to be an old-school fan in a LONG time.

can you post it?

I highly recommend this comic to anyone. It doesn't matter whether you are a long time fan or it's your very first comic. It's only one issue so if you don't like it you can just move on with your life and never look back but I promise you, it's awesome.

It was pretty good. Like reading a trade of a decent event.

>3 Jokers
>Watchmen getting involved
They'll fuck it up

I'm sure most people see it that way but from my point of view (a fan that started by reading New 52 Aquaman) I view it as embracing both the past and new 52 together and it's unlocking that full potential. Anything you felt was missing from New 52, it's now unlocked and to anyone that hated New 52, it's saying this is pretty much the same universe but a villain held it back and that's cool.

It took me twenty minutes to find wow
desuarchive.org/co/thread/83134205/

>undo movie bullshit synergy
>Suicide Squad is literally just a full movie imitation

Based King is doing the three Jokers story

I was just thinking the other day that had Bendis had written Rebirth we would just now be getting the 8th and final issue

It's ok when DC does it

Probably one of the best comics of the year. The encounter of Wally and Barry was perfect. Nearly cried. But desu I was expecting Superboy prime and the gentry and multiverse stuff. But I guess that I can only blame myself for the hype.

You've got to give Geoff credit for planning dc's entire line-up for the next 2 years. It's quite a feat

I went from buying no DC comics to buying a few DC comics.

It's a positive.Really hoping they follow through on their promise for the Atom with Ryan Choi.

If it doesn't have the same backstory, it's not the same universe. They're trying to have their cake and eat it too.

The issue itself was just more of the crap dc likes to pull to overcomplicate there retcons and reboots but i liked a lot of the plots it set up (atlantien royal wedding special when) and it gave me optimism for the future of dc (optimism that has since proven to be correct)

Just wait. You yourself said he has shit planned for the next two years.

I`m not a DC reader, I got this issue out of curiosity, and I also almost cried in the end. It made me read Wally's Flash, too.

I think they're doing soemthing right, definitely.

I mean, read old comics.

Which is a hard task to achieve, sometimes.

I have like 3 books from Marvel

Rebirth made my DC pulls at least my Marvel's pull size

All of the continuity wanking doesn't do much, though I do like seeing Flash and Bat families come together, but you can't argue with this solid as FUCK lineup of quality comics.

thanks, man

I like it.
it's miles better than whatever the fuck Marvel's doing right now.

I enjoyed it

"Hey, at least they're rolling back the nu52 as much as they can. It's still nuDC's hamfisted calling card, but Johns is trying."

Nah we would be half way through and it would be delayed until November

dude, this clip just pushed my buttons.

Whats this from?

Why does the pie chart sales thread keep getting deleted? Is the mod a massive Marvelfag or something?

Why are you always in every thread?

There's some exceptions, of course. But Skwad was set up by the New 52. Diane Nelson wanted more digestible properties for adaptations down the line. The New 52 was part of a push to develop brand cohesion, with this being the new defining DC Universe for rye foreseeable future. Think Bendis' initial Guardians stories, but applied to an entire line.

Yo, just subbed to a bunch of rebirth comics and I have idea about dc stuff really, but I grabbed batman, flash, aquaman, deathstroke, wonderwoman, superman, hal jordan and batman beyond.

How bad did I fuck up, I've been in a few comic threads and some guys told me it's good to start on rebirth because most of the stuff has been pretty good, but I'm still a little confused with the story lines, I was convinced that rebirth was starting again with stories but I don't think they actually are.

Should I keep subbed to the comics or drop them?

Didn't care for the issue itself but loved what it set up. So it's good in my book.

Johns never wanted New 52. Now he gets to undo it.

BASED

are Wallyfags this gay

Remember all those years of NIGGER WALLY MUST DIE? Moment "classic" Wally appeared, they were all of sudden cool with NIGGER WALLY.
Bunch of fags.

are Wallyfags really more autistic than us Legionfags that they caused Rebirth and we don't get shit?

wtf

>batman
Have not been reading this one i keep forgetting to check it out
>flash
See batman
>aquaman
a fantastic choice its a fantastic series coming fresh off another fantastic series (although the most recent issue was not quite as good)
deathstroke
Its decent a little hard to keep track of whats going on on the first readthrough though
wonderwoman
I gave it a try at the start to much decompression for but you should at least give it a try
superman
See batman
hal jordan
Started off weak and has gotten better green lanterns (the 2 earth based lanterns) is worth checking out to its probably the better of the 2
batman beyond.
>never did get round to trying that.

Still its always worth giving what you have picked out a try.

And one recomendation we should always give is the new flintstones comic its fucking fantastic but needs all the help it can get.

Ah fuck i forgot my implication arrows halfway through.

Batman and Deathstroke are some of the best big two comics out right now. You did good.

really bad honestly
Get Red Hood, New Super-Man, Superwoman, Green Arrow and Titans instead

Hey those are good but anons choices were also good.
Thats the one downside of rebirth there is little not to recomend.

I think Flash, Hal Jordan and Wonder Woman as the most boring Rebirth books, along with JLA of course
Deathstroke is chill
but Batman and Superman aren't pushing any boundaries and just meh

Alright, cheers guys. So I don't need to read anything prior to get into these?

Deathstroke and new Super-man have been the best books so far. WW seems great as well. Batman seems promising so far.

I think deathstroke would benefit a bit from prior knowledge but i am managing ok on rereads but otherwise theres no information you really need.

Hal jordan it might help to know a bit about hal and sinestros past but its not really important and i think that arcs almost over.

Oh and earlyish in the new 52 atlantis was tricked into launching an attack on the surface a lot of lives were lost so people can still be a little warry of the place.

Where should I start, bros? Rebirth then...

Green Lanterns was probably the biggest pleasant surprise because I know we weren't expecting a lot from Humphries.

Titans would be at the top of my list, but Booth's writing is still holding it back.

Whatever intrests you its almost all good.
If you want to keep up with the auctual rebirth meta stuff its mostly in titans and i think a bit in batman and some superman (or was it action i dunno)

New 52 got me into comics
loved it

dropped comics some time around the point they stopped using the New 52 brand

recently read the Rebirth issues of Suicide Squad and Red Hood & The Outlaws
enjoyed them
will read more

i'm only buying titans so wally might get a solo out of it.

Action Comics and Superman both have some bits just because it deals with pre-Flashpoint Superman stuff.

Detective Comics has recently gotten into it with Mr. Oz kidnapping Tim and everyone presuming his death.

Flash and Titans also deal with it as Barry is starting to remember more of the old continuity and the Titans with Wally are specifically investigating who changed it in the first place. Their probing led to Abra Kadabra, but the rabbit hole is sure to go deeper.

I liked the rebirth issue of GL, but the first issue was completely a turn off. They turned back Sinestro into a moustache twirling villain and it was just Hal fighting Sinestro corps the whole issue. It came off as if he was trying to copy Johns' run. But the sinestro thing was worse. Did it get any better?

You Johnsfags are deluded, the book was average at best.

Rebirth is proof that comics fans don't want anything new they want masturbatory fan service

It was shit. Give me back Nu52 supes John's you fucking hack. Also stop blaming watchmen for yours and everyone else's bullshit.

watchmen didn't force you to character assassinate superboy prime

Green Arrow is literally the only rebirth series worth a damn.

>anything new

We're fine with new things, as long sa they're good. but "new" doesn't necessarily mean "good." You can have new things without decimating the old things.

Daily reminder that the Rebirth special is an 80 page advertisement not a comic, it hasn't been followed up on in any significant way, and the success that DC has found for yet another renumbering without any creative changes in the right direction is ultimately a very bad thing for comics.

>without any creative changes

Is this a ruse?

Rebirth is the New 52 except they are rehashing some old stories here and there and creative risks have been all but stamped out. Nothing has changed except the logo and the numbering.

It got much better.
Especialy guy in the most recent issue

>But the sinestro thing was worse. Did it get any better?
His Sinestro is a little inconsistent but HJGLC #4 was a lot better about it

It was alright.

I'm not a nostalgiafag or a Wallyfag so I don't think Rebirth is the best thing in the history of existence. Deathstroke is the highlight for me and New Super-Man, Batman and Nightwing are also pretty good. The Flintstones shits on everything Rebirth though, same with Sheriff of Babylon.