Cape Kino

Jesus

Other urls found in this thread:

filmjunkee.com/2016/06/21/justice-league-scene-description-with-batman-gordon-wonder-woman-cyborg-and-the-flash/
youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0
youtube.com/watch?v=dJma8pVAvH4
moviesonline.ca/2011/03/zack-snyder-interview-sucker-punch/
twitter.com/dcu_confess/status/777540160791588864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit.

I love you, Zack.

I like how the black and white filter make the green screen on the set less noticeable.

I hope this is for The Batman, because I have better faith in Ben Affleck then Zack Snyder.

Probably not even going to see any of the other DCEU films at this point.

It's a shared universe, user. They're using it for both. Also, stop being such an whiny faggot. You sound like a cunt.

It's for Justice League. That's what he was originally cast as Gordon for, after all.

His screen presence is all but confirmed

>When will Batman rape the joker?

I'm not kidding, I actually like that. It gives it a feel that it's a scene from a black and white movie from the forties. And the photograph is really well done.

I honestly think Zach is a great visualizer, and I bet he's an amazing photographer, but I'm just not a fan of his vision for his universe. I think it's bad, and not thought out well enough to compete. While it looks great compared to Marvel, the writing, the planning, it's all very mediocre.

I think Ben, since he really cares that he's being Batman, will be more faithful. He sat down in-costume, and re-wrote parts of Batman v. Superman...and I think we all loved the Batman scenes the most for that reason.

And one more thing: Zack's visuals are kino, his symbolism is good, but his story-telling is pretty lame.

What Zack needs is someone to direct him, because he's had free-reign, and it's caused nothing but terrible reception.

He fucked up, let Warner Bros. down, and while you may call it kino, everyone else calls it shit. If you think you liking it is because your taste is superior, great--unfortunately most don't.

So Zack, a man hired to compete with Marvel's mass appeal, failed to appeal to the masses. That's the real problem that all the Snyder fans seem to have. I don't care if you like it, because me and everyone can't connect with it, don't like the choices, and find them less appealing.

Snyderfags, I'm not attacking you--but I do wish to see your defense against my argument. If you don't reply, I'll take it that you didn't read this because it's too long.

Oh, and despite all this, I'm sure that "Jim Jonah Gordon" will be fantastic though alongside Jeremy Irons' Alfred and "Batfleck".

>The setting was a Gotham City rooftop. More specifically, it was the rooftop of the Gotham City Police Department where the Batsignal calls home. Set dressers milled around covering the set and costumes with water as flashes from high above the set simulated lightning. Green screens surrounded the roof tops edges but the look of the rooftop was convincing enough to overlook the fact. A tall rounded set piece with statues of angels bursted from the roof top near its center with smoke creeping from pipes and delivering Gotham’s gritty feel.

>Gordon stood on one side of the side with the Batsignal lit awaiting the Dark Knight. When he arrived, he didn’t do so alone. Affleck’s Batman drops into the set with a super hero landing as Wonder Woman and The Flash stand on either side. “How many of you are there?” Gordon asks upon seeing them. “Not enough,” Batman tells him before directing Barry to turn off the Batsignal.

>“The eight might still be alive,” Gordon optimistically tells Batman, referring to kidnapped scientists before Cyborg busts into the scene, saying, “9,” to Wonder Woman’s satisfaction. Diana’s look signifies her desire to have recruited Cyborg to the team and his joining has definitely earned her approval. “The head of STAR Labs was taken tonight,” Cyborg tells the team.

>The group confers for a moment, discussing previously discovered nests of Parademons, before realizing that none of the patterns converge “on land” which felt a lot like an Aquaman reference. Based on the Crawler and Striker’s Island scenes, we know the setting of the Parademon nest to be underground but choosing to say “on land” seems like the first reference to Momoa’s trident-wielding hero who has only made a cameo in the universe so far.

>The team elects to use Batman’s Crawler after Flash points out the fact that they won’t fit in the car together and promptly disappears behind Gordon’s back. When he turns around, we get a moment of humor which we all desire from the dark and gritty DC movies. Barry Allen opens up something along the lines of, “Whoa! They just… Disappear on you like that? That’s rude,” before zooming out of the scene himself. The line changed with each take but Ezra Miller certainly won over any doubters who were watching.

source: filmjunkee.com/2016/06/21/justice-league-scene-description-with-batman-gordon-wonder-woman-cyborg-and-the-flash/

Simmons' looking good so far.
I'm sure he'll be a great Gordon.

Snyder for visuals
What any one writer would you have pair up with him for the movie of your choice?

Can anyone explain the Batman, Joker, Commissioner Gordon and Rape meme that's going on?

Seriously cannot wait for the solo Batfleck movie. I think it will be the definitive Batman movie

Im so hyped

I don't even understand what point you're trying to make enough to make a defense to it.
IMO none of the people who actually like these movies are doing the "kino" shit.

The cycle is starting again

>when Snyder surpasses even Superkino

Just how powerful can he get???

I can't believe someone went through the effort to make this image.

Me.

I can't believe people still fall for Snyder's snake oil

I knew you were going to say that.

>Marveldrones are actually this retarded
Never loose faith in based snyder

>the ride will never, ever end

Why? It happens every goddamn time with Snyder, it's the fucking Lewis Black candy corn routine with comic book fans.

Burn in hell Cred Forums.

That fourth stage is MCUck propaganda, not even remotely real. Fuck off and die.

It's really not that much effort to make an image like that when you see it time and time again, user.

Looks like the argument is that he's a bad storyteller? That isn't substantiated though, and I assume that his proof will be "lol just look at MoS and BvS" as per usual.

The other point might be that he failed to appeal to the masses, which doesn't really matter in terms of quality. Just because normies don't like something doesn't mean it's bad, and vice versa.
He already gave me the movie catered specifically for my interest (BvS), so now I'm content with compromising for JL, if he even has to. Who knows, maybe adding a few jokes is enough to appease critics and audiences, as opposed to full-on deprecation of superheroes like many are asking for.

Any time there's new movie info for something this board goes straight into the shitter for a few days. I don't understand why they can't just keep this shit over there, they make the exact same thread with the same image and text on both boards.

Because you'll have a different perspective from people who primarily read comics than those who primarily watch movies.

That's hilarious. The same Cred Forums niggers post on here too. It's done purely to shitpost on both boards.

>before directing Barry to turn off the Batsignal.

wat

how would he know, does he pull the plug?

>That isn't substantiated though, and I assume that his proof will be "lol just look at MoS and BvS" as per usual.

Well it would be nice if the Snyder fanbase stopped acting like a fucking cult and didn't respond to every problem people have with the film by just going "you didn't get it." It makes it impossible to take you seriously when every criticism levied at the film is just met with a mixture of divine worship and smug self-importance.

You people are like prequel trilogy defenders and Matrix sequel fanboys, you all use the exact same style of argument.

The difference between Marvel flicks and DC avant-garde kino is comparable to the difference between some fast-food place and a haute-cuisine restaurant.

Marvel flicks are following the same formula over and over. It's the same shit, it doesn't matter the shape of the burger bread, which sauce or how many steaks there is. A burger is a fucking burger.

Marvel is the McDonald of cinema.

On the other hand, DC films ask the audience to question themselves, to challenge themselves beyond their usual beliefs.
Each movie is like a meal prepared by Chef Snyder, you never know what to expect, each one being unique and different.
In the end you remain baffled by how deep the movie is and you begin to see things differently on some points.

Snyder makes the characters go further their usual conviction, he adds a whole new dimension to them like a chef would add a new ingredient to transform his work.

Snyder's vision makes BvS pure capekino, he gives to the original comic medium a whole new meaning.

White Marvel flicks are popcorn flicks, DC films are on the other hand... Diamond absolutes.

>prequel trilogy defenders

And sequel trilogy defenders.

>just look at MoS and BvS as per usual
Well, yes. If the argument is that Zack Snyder has clear defects when telling a story, especially while adapting a comic book, the best place to start would be the stories he's told so far. We could add Sucker Punch to that if you're not convinced, but that's an original story.

Snyder's only good movies were Dawn of the Dead and 300

Watchmen was good if you didn't read the comic

We really need better mods.

>I assume that his proof will be "lol just look at MoS and BvS" as per usual.
People have known Snyder's work for years. People know exactly what he's going to produce: films that are overall pretty average with an emphasis on flashy scenes to entice people who like epic action scenarios. He did it for Dawn of the Dead, 300...fucking Sucker Punch. MoS and BvS are just the latest missteps of a growing problem.

The writing has always been the worst aspect of every movie he makes, and it's silly that this "but Marvel" attitude is somehow enough to justify it. How many lukewarm directing jobs does he have to do before you understand his legitimate weakspot? Hopefully fewer than it'll take for him.

It would be nice if DC kino haters didn't respond to everything with "snyder bad man"

TFA fans don't really argue the same way. It's less "YOU DON''T GET IT" and more "I like the nostalgia fest leave me alone."

Or Watchmen, where Snyder is too stupid to understand that having your characters punching through brick walls and flying around like Neo undercuts one of the main fucking themes of the goddamn story.

There is literally no better example of how Snyder doesn't understand the comic then this scene. He literally can't stop jerking off for long enough to let these people have a goddamn conversation, he invents a whole new fight scene just so he can rub his nuts over the source material some more.

youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0

>86363279
Man, I would love to discuss DC without dealing with this shit or company wars once in a while. But I'm done with trying I'm just gonna avoid hese threads from now on.

And don't tell me to go to Cred Forums, it's fucking worse there.

>Matrix sequel fanboys
Reloaded was a great action movie. The Animatrix was great all around. The only meh one is Revolutions because I just didn't care about bald kids military journey.

The action scenes are over the top on purpose as a parody of action movies. You don't get it.

Still no proof other than naming movies, as I expected. Notice how instead of pointing out specific aspects of the movies they just say the names and leave it at that? As if that's enough to prove their point? Disappointing.

>not even remotely real
where you even here the final month before BvS?

The nostalgia pandering bugs me but not as much as how dogshit the premise and the villains are. So yes "I DON'T GET IT".

The Flash show treated Hamill and his character with more respect than TFA but I guess he can't say no to the nostalgia bucks,

It's just a fucking light mate

That also works for Hideo Kojima.

Even Kojimbles fanboys could admit that Phantom Pain had issues beyond Konami pulling the plug too early.

Fat bat sucks as a logo. It represents everything wrong with new Batman works, the fact that he's fucking heavily armored to an insane degree when he should be a ninja.

>the fact that he's fucking heavily armored to an insane degree when he should be a ninja.
You don't get it. You really don't. Zod's 9/11 made him go nuts, that's why he was extra weaponized and why he killed people.

>Kino
I fucking miss the ponyfags, at least they had OC. Even Cred Forums is...well, about as bad but didn't make these stupid fucking threads.

Also fucking DK trilogy, fucking Injustice, fucking New 52.

Every fucking new Batman gets bulkier and more armored. He's not even Batman anymore, he literally IS Iron Man. Fucking Injustice 2, EVERYONE is fucking Iron Man.

He's a ninja/detective/martial artist. Not a mecha suit pilot. Robot armor only makes things cooler when its appropriate. At this point, the hand that created the DC universe may have been robot Oprah.

>Snyder gives us the first genuinely gritty superhero movie in years (Nolan's work doesn't count, they were just generic crime movies with Batman)
>Marvelfags whine because they're not used to having a superhero movie that actually presents an intellectual challenge

Marvelfags praised it, the NotMuhs were from DC fans.

Marvel is down with the kino. Its just that Cred Forums comes to this board not knowing who their friends are because they don't lurk before they post.

>Nolan's movies don't count because I say so

Remember how instead of ending his film with a hour-long fight against Shrek, Nolan actually focused the finale of his film on the fucking characters in the story and wrapping everything around thematically?

youtube.com/watch?v=dJma8pVAvH4

>On the other hand, DC films ask the audience to question themselves, to challenge themselves beyond their usual beliefs.
yes, we sit up at night wondering why superman said that name while whispering "ding ding ding ding ding ding"

>presents an intellectual challenge
if bvs was intellectually challenging for you, you may be retarded. would explain a lot

>Snyder fags actually believe this
It's so strange that I only find these people here on Cred Forums. Why is it that everyone I talk to, even my pals who work at the movie theater, all think Snyder films suck?

Wow, such a cool noir shot.

It almost makes me forget that batman and superman are murderers, ww is an untalented skeleton, lex is gay eisenberg and that the dceu is complete shit so far.

Cred Forums is just a bunch of fucking kids who only watched a handful of movies in their lives, that troll other boards because if they spend too long on their own boards they become painfully aware of the fact that they're damn near zygotes in terms of movie viewership.

That's why they love the word "kino" and accusations of people who only subscribe to one half of the genre being terrible so much. It gives them a sense of belonging, an "us" and "them" which teenagers and losers who never got their shit together desperately cling to.

To be fair he only started shitting the bed during MGS4 and he didn't exactly have his heart in that one

Wonder Woman being in World War 1 instead of World War 2 is far more offensive to me than the rest.

I mean, fucking hell. She was created as a character specifically for World War 2.
That's like putting Captain America in World War 1.
Even worse actually, because Wonder Woman was fighting Nazis in the comics long after Cap had been switched to Soviets. She's fought Nazis longer than any cape character, now apparently she's fighting against the Kaiser.

I'm kind of pisses too, becaus WW1 doesn't really have any bad guys. Nazis were evil shits, but WW1 was about old world powers dying and long bitter trench wars with horrible chemical gas deaths. Honestly, ww1 would be better for horror movies than actually action flicks.

WW1 is full of full-retard moves both politically and militarily, as well as a lot of just plain shrugging off human misery and life in pursuit of ultimate victory.

But yeah, no outright villains in the sense of real evil.

They should have just gone R rated. How do you differentiate Wonder Woman from Captain America? With a shitload of Nazis being gutted with a sword!

Honestly I feel like WWI works better when the villain is Ares for the reasons you guys listed. WWII was a just war for the allies but WWI was a complete horror and something Ares would revel in

Except it has been confirmed the main villain is NOT Ares, nor are any of the Greek gods making any noteworthy appearances.

Its kind of sad, it actually ties into the New 52 Wonder Woman. Ares had his last great hurrah with World War 1, he went overboard with World War 2, after that he lost focus and started hating himself so every conflict got progressively more insane until random suicide bombings were just happening wherever he went while he was drunk and depressed. Then the age of superheroes begins when Diana reminds him of his golden age of youth with the Greek heroes, before he dies and she herself becomes the embodiment of war AKA superheroes fighting supervillains.

But nope. World War 1, because reasons. No old Wondie villains, just some OCs. Doesn't really tie into anything except for revealing a McGuffin, and in this way ironically avoiding what could have been good because they were afraid of being like Captain America and instead doing the shitty thing which is just reveal another mystic object for the teamup movie.

>Except it has been confirmed the main villain is NOT Ares

Oh. Well fuck it then it's retarded

Is there a source for any of this?

Do you guys really really think Snyder's a good-tier filmmaker? You guys read too much. You need to be immersed in cinema cause defending hacks like Snyder will not help your comics get its movie adaptation move to its potential.

>You guys read too much

>Snyderflick
>requires intellect from viewers

pick one

>Changing Wondy WW1 cause WW2 is Capmurica's
>Changing Carol Danvers origin story cause too similar to Green Lantern

his ass

Yep.

Captain America would actually work better in World War one, since he has an invincible shield which would make him a trench warfare juggernaut.

Plus the WW1 origin makes sense given that Ares is going to be her major enemy. There's no way he didn't have a hand in it in the DC universe.

>they couldn't possibly fuck this up!

It's always the same 2 or 3 idiots who post hate on these threads for no reason at all. They need to get a life.

I'm not saying it's going to be good, I'm saying it makes sense.

Well, as a Superman fan I have very legitimate reasons to hate Snyder so fuck you and the rest of snyderfags ruining everything.

But i've loved MoS for 3 years now.

Well there's one.

K I N O
I
N
O

And yet he STILL gets to make JL!

I enjoy how upset that makes you.

>And one more thing: Zack's visuals are kino, his symbolism is good, but his story-telling is pretty lame.
The credit for that goes to cinematographer Larry Fong, who has done the cinematography for every Snyder film since 300.

Yeah because he's the only person that Snyder actually trusts to get his vision right. They've been working together since film school.

moviesonline.ca/2011/03/zack-snyder-interview-sucker-punch/

>Q: Can you talk about working with editor Bill Hoy and director of photography Larry Fong who have collaborated with you on three movies?

>ZS: Well Larry, of course, I’ve been working with forever. Larry and I went to school together. My Basics of Film class [was] my first film class in college. I’d made Super 8 movies my whole life but the Basics of Film class was like everyone was filming basically their cats. We had to make a film a week. And they’d come in and go “Oh look, I filmed my cat.” I made a World War I film in that class and in that I’d rented a back hoe and dug all these trenches and Larry shot it. Actually just the other day I was looking through this album and there’s a picture of Larry and I. I was in [the film] too because I didn’t have that many actors. And we made it rain. I got these little rain towers. So it’s Larry and I and we have our little Super 8 camera and we’ve made little weather cover for them and we have our smoke machines and stuff like that and the guys with their guns. So it was from then that we really [started] and I’ve been working with it ever since. So it’s a hugely awesome collaboration and I love working with him. It’s really effortless and fun.

Notice how I posted the quote until the thought was over instead of posting an out-of-context snippet like Snyder haters.

Surprisingly enough, Fong's not the cinematographer on Justice League. No wonder it looks like crap in the trailer.

>The credit for that goes to cinematographer Larry Fong,
WRONG
t. lex

But seriously, Fong was not his DP for MoS and that movie was beautiful.

I wonder what happened. I hope they're still friends.

see
Also, this is a low quality screen cap, but this shot in the trailer alone proves you wrong.

>tfw you realize we've transcended ironic posting and there are actually drones in this thread.
good lord almighty that's why live action cape has to be moved to Cred Forums

>liking good things is being a drone
really made me think

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous.

>pretend to be an MCUck to post funny pictures
>people actually become MCUcks unironically
What were they thinking?

>actually presents an intellectual challenge

BvS was one of the dumbest fucking movies I've seen in years.

It's opaque when it should be transparent, and transparent when it should be opaque.

>over the top on purpose as a parody of action movies. You don't get it.

Snyder is literally from the same school of film making as Michael Bay and Tarsem Singh.

He is not the auteur you believe him to be.

>It's opaque when it should be transparent, and transparent when it should be opaque.

nothing statement
a simple opinion shrouded in faux intelligence

>Marvel flicks are popcorn flicks, DC films are on the other hand... Diamond absolutes.

If you eat diamonds you'll shit blood.

Now you see, the definition of good is subjective. But there's a difference between claiming that a thing is good when it's generally agreed and claiming a thing is good despite the fact that everyone pointed out its' flaws. The last one is usually the condition in which people call you out as a drone. Personally, I didn't even think BvS was that bad, it was just trying to be too much stuff at the same time. A shame really. Also, depressed Supes.
Granted, the level of quality of laughing Evans is getting pretty high.

BvS was great and has nice themes and an overall positive message. That's why I loved it.

>an overall positive message
This is true. Inb4 the dogpile.

>nothing statement
>a simple opinion shrouded in faux intelligence

Your pussy is too dry to be riding my dick the way you are.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me
Fool me after three shit films, what are you doing Cred Forums?

>I'm going to support these bad films, making them successful, therefore preventing the outcome of getting actual good films made from happening
Who's the cunt here?

>an overall positive message.
>This is true. Inb4 the dogpile.

Batman, jealous Superman can murder more people than him, concocts a plan to kill Superman with a spear and two gas grenades before Superman can get his bodycount even higher.

Superman goes along with this because he's a big bitch who can never make a choice for himself because of his father was a sociopath.

Snyder had nothing to do with SS though

He wouldn't have put tattoos on Joker

Watch the movie again. Keep doing it until you get it.

I'm going to screencap this thread for when the film ends up being shit, just like every other DCEU film Cred Forums hyped up before release.

Learn from history you numbnuts.

>I'm going to support these bad films, making them successful,
But they're not bad. And thank you for admitting they're successful. :^)

The people who liked The Force Awakens

Oh they were good films. All it needs now is a proper critical reception.

>I missed the point of the movie

Clark's sacrifice being Bruce's redemption.

Jonathan "Drowner" Kent is the greatest villain in comicbook movies.

MoS and BvS were amazing.
SS was good, but crippled from muh studio interference.

>Learn from history you numbnuts.
DC and WB releasing another movie I like but you don't?! The horror!!

>So Zack, a man hired to compete with Marvel's mass appeal, failed to appeal to the masses.
This. You can go on forever about how "deep" the Jesus imagery was in MoS or why Superman had to kill Zod. At the end of the day it was still a failure. It failed to do what it needed to do, not just to be a successful film, but to kickstart a shared universe franchise.

>too stupid for capeshit
Praying for ya.

One of the villains is working for ares, so likely he'll be in ww2

This is going to be another movie with a great and talented crap working with a shit script and an even shittier director.

The fight scenes are there to give the movie dynamism you are a dumbest and your clip is retarded

>making jokes makes me stupid
Why are you so volatile?

BvS was not dumb it all made sense

>It failed to do what it needed to do, not just to be a successful film, but to kickstart a shared universe franchise.
But it DID kick start a franchise.

Wake up, retard. the fourth and fifth films in said franchise are already here.

>backpedaling

I bet you shitpost about the jar of piss as if it's a flaw.

>backpedaling
If you look at my post and assume it's somehow meant to be taken seriously, there's something wrong with you.

That was just bizarro

I'm not even sure if it was piss or tea

>still backpedaling

It failed to appeal to retards, aka the "common folk" so yeah it's a failure if you literally have 0 integrity and only care about money. Kill yourself.

Wow. You really got me there man. Good job.

Can't wait! I want the new art book and production information already.

LIKE JESUS, I GET IT NOW!!!

It made sense because it relies on characters being dumb, which in turn makes the movie dumb.

No?
Bruce is not a christ allegory.
MoS established the Christ parallels with Clark.

BvS is about Batman.

Shitpost elsewhere.

I bet this faggot will defend Hot Topic Squad

I'm glad a niche of edgelords liked it. But thats not who it was aimed at.
It wanted mass appeal, it failed.

Nice

Once was enough to teach me it was boring and melodramatic.

I've seen people jerk off to its symbolism, I felt the characters were inauthentic and that Superman was a passive, feckless character.

Snyder holds the opinion that Batman's actions would intrinsically result in deaths, which is not an invalid perspective. However, he has no interest in having a dialog about the subject, and simply assumed audiences would follow along that Batman, languishing after the death of Robin, would freely use lethal force.

What follows is 3 hours of Lex Luthor as a merry prankster, manipulating characters he shouldn't have power over, because the plot demands so.

>edgelords
Snyder isn't edgy. Rob Zombie is edgy.

What it kicked off where three panned films. The films were gonna get made regardless of its performance, but it didnt kickstart any hype at all.
If WW and JL1 bomb, thats it. the DCEU will be brown bread. It failed.

>Clark dies for Bruce's sins
>B-b-but it's not yet another Christ allegory, y-you shitposter!

>boring
opinion discarded
stick to cartoons

Yeah but you're wrong though.

>can't be assed to read the post he's quoting

>image.jpg
Go away, underage.

>I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.

>can't refute his own words or the provided evidence.

Back to Cred Forums kiddo.

Did you rike it?

>opinion

discarded

only my opinions matter, and other opinions that already agree with what i believe

Hopefully Snyder will be gone after "Justice League" and better filmmakers step in so we don't have to suffer through these threads anymore.

>said 8 years ago

>didn't do that to Batman in his Batman film

Next argument please.

So those are "darkseided" Flash and Cyborg, right?

>can't refute his own words
see
>Bruce is not a christ allegory.

I like them as alternate outfits.

>better filmmakers
Like who?
The best three directors for MoS 2 are
1. Joseph Kosinski
2. Zack Snyder
3. Brad Bird

I would kill everyone i've ever known for a Malick Man of Steel, in the vein of the flight scene in MoS.

Nah.

The dude who wanted to have Batman raped in prison isn't edgy? Also have you seen his other films? Dudes just missing a fedora.

Wait, why is Ultron there?

This stuff seems out of place in the world we've seen in BvS.

>That could happen in my movie
>If you want to talk about dark
I hate people on co who lie to themselves

>The dude who wanted to have Batman raped
But he didn't do that in his Batman movie.

In the words of Jonathan Nolan,
>it's not who you are on the inside, it's what you DO that matters.

>>That could happen in my movie
see

At least more people agree with me dude. Everyone just thinks you have shit taste

>what you DO
gotcha senpai ;)
what did he do?
a film that dubya bee calls a failure
;)

Not that guy, but
>using ad populum

He had Superman kill Zod, Batman kill everyone, Batman torture people, jar of piss, thousands of people die in his fight scenes etc etc
Oh, and he doesnt see a problem with Batman being raped in the film
>BUT HE DIDNT ACTUALLY
He didnt see a problem dude. Thats edgy enough.

>intellectual challenge
That's such a stupid thing to say. I like BvS a lot but it's not exactly a masterpiece and while I appreciate the ambition of the ideas it wasn't done well for the most part.

But again, there's loads of people who don't get this Luthor and why he hates Superman, so maybe it was indeed too subtle for most.

Point being?
What does that have to do with the fact that Snyder did not have Batman raped even though you guys seem to think he would if he ever made a Batman movie?

No yeah, I'm the one who thinks BvS is a shit film. Thanks for backing me up.

>jar of piss
stopped reading there

Protip: trolling is a art.

Autism is a hell of a thing.

Read this comic and still thought it was good

> Even Kojimbles fanboys could admit that Phantom Pain had issues

KEK

Don't do this to yourself

>capekino

Not trolling. The jar of piss explosion was ridiculous, dont even try to defend it.

But nice try at a deflect. I listed a lot of ways he made the films too edgy (not even mentioning shit like Superman dying at the end) and your response is "NICE TRY AT TROLLING"?
Jfc

Year the jar of piss and HONKA HONKA really had me contemplating the human condition.

It brings me great pleasure that my support of a movie series you hate will allow it to continue producing more films that trigger you. :^)

>jar of piss
>jar of piss

I just plain don't get the issue.

Some are mad. And some are just sad that there couldn't be two thriving comic universes for their favorite heroes.

Having fun cutting your nose to spite your face

>thriving comic universe
But there is?

There are five films already out or soon to be out.

You didn't list anything that isn't not muh or just plain retarded complains like the jar.

>Having fun cutting your nose to spite your face
Except that's not the case. It's like eating delicious a steak in front of a hardcore vegan pedagogue. Your suffering and disgust make my enjoyment of my meal all the more delicious.

Autism

Part of it is that's its a nonsense phrase that Snyder thought sounded colloquial.

And the whole scene is terrible and does nothing for Superman who just stands in the ashes of a hundred so people and looks like he just caught wiff of a disappointingly bad smell.

kill yourself

My man.
I'm extremely pumped for JL.

But it's not thriving. The public isn't enthusiastic and excited. Every DC film doesn't get people cheering. They just wander about in a malaise.

See you in the theater, bro!

Utterly irrelevant. They all make money. They'll keep making more.
SS is STILL raking it in.
709.6 million and climbing.

>happy being the Transformers of the two big comic universes.

Well you enjoy that I guess.

Snyder doesnt get batman. At all. Snyder takes no inspiration from the detective side of batman and leaves us with an action hero in a bat suit.

Batman isnt a badass because he can fight 5 thugs at once and win. Hes a badass because he has the foresight of death in a chess match.

Snyder writes batman as a neanderthal with enough money to fight local crime, and cant even do that without filling his movies with plot holes, sloppy editing, and hollow chatacter development.

I genuinely only enjoy the first half of batman begins and Ledgers portrayal of the joker in the second film, which i beleive had nothing to do with snyder and thats why it was great.

You fuckers made me hate seeing Chris's face in movies.
Snowpiercer should have been a good time.

>Snyder takes no inspiration from the detective side of batman
HE DID MORE DETECTIVE WORK IN BvS THAN IN THE NOLAN FILMS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>it's the fucking Lewis Black candy corn routine

>tfw actually like candy corn
>every time I eat it I say that bit out loud

And way less then in Schumacher and Burton films

Bruce stealing bad guy intel with his phone is the same thing he did in TDK.

Daily reminder that Burton bats is a murderer.

>Murder Spree
>Detective work
Choose one.

Everything to do with the White Portuguese was Detective work, which was the driving force of a lot of scenes, like why he was at the party.

The "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!! REEEE!" asshurt continues to be more delicious with every movie.

And I'm judging his detective work not his violent tendencies.

see

Reminder that sites like AV Club were literally begging people not to watch this movie because they're so triggered by people liking DC.

It's baffling.
Not liking something is one thing, but it's not like these guys have stock in Disney or anything.

One: It's just a light, it has a switch
Two: The Flash has plenty of time to figure it out.

>average rating 8.2/10
Gets 92%
>average rating 4.9/10
Gets 29%

Why do people rely on rotten tomatoes so much when their numbers often exaggerate how good or bad the film is compared to the average critic ratings?

The percentage is just how many ""critics"" liked it, not how MUCH they liked it.

But RT is intentionally misleading so it's really irrelevant.

Why are people saying this shit is kino? All it shows it that Snyder is trying too hard to be deep or something

Just let them be comic book movies

>trying too hard to be deep or something

>a picture of Gordon

Insecure much?

Why should we, as viewers, give a shit about the financial success or mass appeal of a movie?

Not "so there can be sequels", I don't want sequels if they're just going to be more watered down, generic summer movie crap.

its in black and white and they used the water for reflection

it is trying too hard

what the h*ck

go back to facebook

>it is trying too hard
The photograph is by Clay Enos, who is a professional photographer and helps with the behind-the-scenes shots for movies. The first photo we got of Batman was black and white as well, so it's a nice nod to that. As for trying to hard, he's a professional photographer. His job is literally to get amazing photographs. You're literally complaining he's doing his job competently.

Cartoons are too deep for him. Even ones aimed at small children.

If he wanted it to be dark, which since it didn't happen means he didn't. You just destroyed your own point.

honestly, you dont speak to enough people, the only two people i know who dislike snyder works are a feminst and a skinny asian guy with a bias towards dc and love for marvel

>Humor we all desire from the DC movies
>Another variation on the "Batman disappears when Gordon turns around" joke

When people say they wanted levity in these films, I think they meant they wanted them to stop acting like paragons of deep mythos while and being pretentious and disappointing.

I mean, this has been a tired joke since Nolan, and Flash doesn't seem to have any purpose in this film other than finishing atmospheric scenes or overlong exposition scenes (this one seems to be both) with cringey jokes.

To be fair the person you you just replied to is most likely "on the spectrum" if you catch my drift

are you trying to say Bay is bad at film making?

This is canon, Bruce Timm told me so.

Not him but Bay has made one good movie his whole career, The Rock. That's all.

Snyder gets more flack than this guy, i don't get it

>What is Pain and Gain
>Or even bad boys
you may not like his works but his film making techniques are fucking great and pretty much responsible for revitalising the action genre

IT WAS JUST A BLOWJOB FOR GOD'S SAKE

This guy is actually totally correct.

Zack Snyder is very talented at creating images and conveying movement, like a classical artist.

But he is simply an appalling writer, so every story he tries to tell is garbage.

The guy has been given far, far too much power, and he doesn't have the abilities to build a universe.

good thing he isnt a writer then?

Underrated

So this...is the power...of cape kinotography...

Whoa..

>But he is simply an appalling writer
MoS script: David Goyer
BvS script: David Goyer and Chris Terrio

really makes you think

>that isn't not muh
Yes I did. But whatever, you're just proving how in denial you are by not even arguing back

>Replying to yourself
Oh, thats sad.

Me desu.

Oh, is that ALL?

Wesley Snipes tried to stop him.

>making the flash suit this
>flash has a bullet belt

what the fuck is this stupid bullshit

>an intellectual challenge
Shut the fuck up Zack

Oh right and more cash I guess. Whatever.

Concept suits for Flash and Cyborg Knightmare sequence.

Just because you're literally the only person who doesn't like the DCEU doesn't mean that there's only one person who does like it.

Being me pictures of the Batman!

Batman is a menace!

He had to do detectivework to even know that KGBeast was affiliated with the White Portuguese. He also did detectivework on Superman.

Even disregarding sequels, the style of the movie can be imitated using different characters and a different plot, like how Man of Steel imitated The Dark Knight trilogy in a few ways.

This actually moved me to tears. I can't fucking wait for this, I really can't.

I'm actually surprised someone copied my pasta I did month ago.

And someone posted it on Twitter

twitter.com/dcu_confess/status/777540160791588864

>moved me to tears
How come?

Neat

He's been heavily involved with the scripts of both BvS and JL

>predicatably terrible

Not THAT much effort, evidently. Even besides that, it looks like PowerPoint autoshapes, an image and a load of text. Not sure what's so difficult. I've put much more effort into dumber things.

No! Flash has four bullet belts. Get it right.

>snyderfags will forgive three hours of complete garbage because of a few pretty pictures

>kino

I fucking hate them, Cred Forums. I fucking hate Cred Forums. Why can't they all just fucking die of AIDS, already? The worst board, no one ever talks about actual movies, real pedophiles posting child actress feet and even real cp and endless teenagers spamming memes. Fuck Cred Forums.

>they were good films
>needs proper critical reception.

Motherfucker, good movies GET proper critical reception, bad ones don't. Get the fuck out of here.

This guy.

You ever get out of the house?

>Motherfucker, good movies GET proper critical reception, bad ones don't. Get the fuck out of here.
Sorry, but this is laughably untrue. Films get released every year that are critically lauded but are then completely rejected by the general populace and vice versa. Similarly, there are many films that are critically lauded but subsequently drop in opinion after time passes and vice versa.

The Thing was completely trashed by critics when it first came out but has come to be acknowledged as an amazing film as the years have gone by. Big Trouble in Little China, also a John Carpenter film like The Thing, was trashed so badly by critics that Carpenter nearly quit film altogether because he felt that critics simply didn't understand it. That movie has become one of the most well regarded cult movies out there.

>a film that dubya bee calls a failure
source on when a studio said their own movie was shit. I think you just read that on Cred Forums.

They locked him up for it

>a film that dubya bee calls a failure
>;)
Pic is a chart of WB's highest grossing domestic movies ever. Suicide Squad is a lock to overtake Sorcerer's Stone at #6. After Suicide Squad's run ends, WB's highest grossing movies ever will basically be:

1) DC
2) DC
3) Harry Potter
4) Anomaly
5) DC
6) DC
7) Harry Potter
8) Lord of the Rings
9) Harry Potter
10) Harry Potter

By the end of next year, both Wonder Woman and Justice League have a good shot at cracking the Top 10, making DC hold 6/10 of WB's highest grossing movies.

They'll tweak them to try and make more money of course. But despite your objections there's going to be a LOT more DC movies coming. And your moans of disapproval are going to do nothing to stop it.

;)

Tell me Cred Forums

Does this word trigger you?

Been saying this for years only to get attacked by faggots with Snyder hate boners

It will!

How much is Cred Forums gonna freak when adding jokes but keeping nearly everything the same causes JL to be a huge success? 2 billion incoming!

I'm an adult that works full time and pays bills. Help am old Cred Forumsldier out and explain what this faggotry means.

Also MoS was tolerable but sometimes boring just like BvS. Is this not a common opinion here? Everybody taking an extreme view?

good god its a fucking retard
>the thing
>Blues Brothers
>Night of the living dead
>Texas chainsaw Massacre
>Peeping tom
>Most Kubrik
>Predator
>Alien
>Neon Demon
>Conan
>Night of the Hunter
>Pain and Gain
just to name a few

Thats really just not true. Ive been a DCfag my whole life, have read tons of Superman comics, and I never gave Superman a notmuh. The people that seem to spout notmuh are the casual fans whove maybe read Red Son, ASS & Birthright, and think that characters cant grow and change over their 75+ year existences.

thats weird, because everyone I know in real life, except for two, really enjoyed BvS. I've only seen a lot of descent on the internet.

It's pretty telling that all the major defenses of the DCEU rely on content and arguments outisde of the DCEU.
It's always "The audience didn't get it" or "Marvel is all anyone wants/sucks too" or "You just need to watch Excalibur" or "Critics liked the Force Awakens!"
Really gives the sense that these movies can't stand on their own at all.

>Ive been a DCfag my whole life, have read tons of Superman comics, and I never gave Superman a notmuh.
I believe you.

See
It's standing pretty well. Everything else is really opinion and personal preferences on movies.

>Really gives the sense that these movies can't stand on their own at all
I don't see your connection there

It took me 10 minutes to make it

Always puts a smile on my face to see my work reposted, especially in this case thats 250 posts of jacking off to nothing

>Everybody taking an extreme view?

Oh yeah. Some people are saying that it's the worst movie of all time, worse than Green Lantern and Fant4stic. Some are saying best movie ever, masterpiece, etc.

Did you respond to your own bait?

Nine times out of ten rather than praising the movie's merits, I just see hate for the competition or the audience. Sounds like other than some pretty individual frames there's not much going for it.
See, the thing is I've only ever seen Man of Steel but the way you guys talk about the DCEU, even the people insisting that it's good, doesn't exactly make me feel like I need to change that. (I've seen every single scene of BvS explained ad nauseum for the people that 'just don't understand the kino" to the point that I don't even feel like I need to see it to get the jist of it)

Kind of hard to want to sit through 4 hours of movie when so much by way of recommendation is "Just watch it. And if you don't like it, watch it over and over until you do. And if you still don't, you're the problem."

The vast majority of defenses are "how about you watch the movie" because 99% of the time it's issues with the plot that don't actually exist. The other 1% is lies about editing.

No, I'm the old dude who posted what that user reaponded too. I guess it's bait to have a moderate opinion and wonder why it's not more common now.

Yeah. It's the "with us or against us" mentality. People choose sides and then get more extreme as time goes on.

Eh. I liked Suicide Squad.

There were some issues with the editing, I think. And they focused too much on Harly, Deadshot, and the Joker.

But all in all, it's not a national nightmare that the damn movie is successful.

Better then theatrical BvS, anyway.

The villain works for Ares. Ares just won't be showing up in person.

>There were some issues with the editing, I think. And they focused too much on Harly, Deadshot, and the Joker.

I just can't condone any action movie that doesn't have a single good action beat. Even the Deadshot car hood moment was shot so poorly that it didn't register.

And the movie was so chopped up that none of the character arcs made any sense because the meat of the relationships was either removed or crammed into a montage.

Hello Dennis Lamb

?

;)

He didn't write that fight scene in though.

>not muh
fucking hell

Whose then? Yours?

>a great and talented crap

I hope we get to see more of Gotham as well. J.K. looks good as Gordon.

If you seriously had a problem and STILL have a problem with Superman killing Zod you're just a fucking idiot.

>she's fighting against the Kaiser.
>Could have at least made the Black Hand an Ares cult
>They already have a cool name
>Wonder Woman could have risen above "mans world" and not joined one side in the most senseless conflict in history

Instead we get Captain Wonder Woman
>le Germans are evil meme
>Wonder Woman fights directly on the side of British
>Butchering random conscripted Germans with a sword

Why? Why did it have to be this way?

Will /film/ save Cred Forums from this?

Snyder didn't write BvS. He is not responsible for dialogue.

>/film/
>ever happening
Keep fucking dreaming, Cred Forums.

>Synderfags have Chris Evans PTSD
fucking kek

What is he responsible for?
Because if we assume that he can't possible be behind any narrative decisions because he's not credited as writer, then why are we crediting him with the work of the DPs?

I wouldn't call it PTSD. It's autism.

Germans deserve it.
Pre-venge.

>Snyder didn't write BvS. He is not responsible for dialogue.

No one is buying this. You can argue semantics all you want and pretend he wasn't clearly heavily involved with this script despite very clearly being the central auteur of the project.

You can't get to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend that just because he isn't credited it doesn't mean he wasn't working on the screenplay. Anyone with half a fucking brain who's seen his other films can clearly tell he had a hand in the script.

Even if he didn't, the idea that the director can't EVER make on set script dialogue changes devalues the role.

And Snyder's own words contradict the idea. He wa the one with the idea to kill Jimmy Olsen. That's a story thing Which he supposedly has no power over. Kinofags brag at how based and manly he is for settling character disputes with push up contests, but characterization is a writer's job, is it not? Snyder is blameless, but gets all the credit, because his defenders are autistic.

This almost makes up for the photo of Batman wearing sunglasses that was released.

Almost.

>See, the thing is I've only ever seen Man of Steel but the way you guys talk about the DCEU, even the people insisting that it's good, doesn't exactly make me feel like I need to change that. (I've seen every single scene of BvS explained ad nauseum for the people that 'just don't understand the kino" to the point that I don't even feel like I need to see it to get the jist of it)
So basically you're engaging with something even though you have no real exposure to that which you're engaging with and are instead simply allowing your limited limited experience and other people's opinions on something (be it for or against) dictate your stance instead of forming your own opinion on it. You're like the perfect, easily moldable sheep that any political party, company or indeed any group would love. I bet you get into company wars all the time. What are you into? Playstation? Apple? Which corporate logo or trademarked character do you have tattooed on you?

>I bet you get into company wars all the time. What are you into? Playstation? Apple? Which corporate logo or trademarked character do you have tattooed on you?
Warner Brothers and DC is exempt?
I saw Man of Steel. I tried forming my own opinion. And that *also* made me a sheep and a company drone because that opinion was negative. Apparently giving a company my money and slavishly defending their shit after repeat disappointments (MoS was my third strike) is the only way to be a "Free thinker" .

Fuck that.

Film School Fag here. The Director is in charge of directing the audiences attention. So this means things like pacing, blocking, and movement. Unless the director is a writer, it really has little to do with the writing.

same user here. Sometimes the director is heavily involved in the writing, like James Gunn or David Ayer. But those guys were writers before they were directors. I think that a lot of us can agree that it is doubtful that Snyder is a "writing" or "story" guy so he likely leaves that stuff to the writers.

>I think that a lot of us can agree that it is doubtful that Snyder is a "writing" or "story" guy so he likely leaves that stuff to the writers.
So what am I supposed to make of Snyder himself saying that he's in the room with the writers when they're making decisions and arguing for or against story stuff like Superman liking Zod or when he says he doesn't want to shoot certain dialogue because he can't take it seriously?

That's the thing that I can't wrap my head around. I get that some directors are more hands on or hand off than others but Snyder BRAGS about the stuff he does. Why is there still ambiguity in light of that?

>I think that a lot of us can agree that it is doubtful that Snyder is a "writing" or "story" guy so he likely leaves that stuff to the writers.

I refuse the believe that a movie where Batman had a dream sequence that's basically a glorified deleted scene from Sucker Punch didn't have Snyder heavily involved in the screenplay.

So using MOS as an example. David Goyer wrote a script and the producers got it greenlit. Then they go to find directing talent. Snyder is hired and begins development. He gives Goyer his notes on the script and Goyer makes changes accordingly.

The script will continue to change and will likely be sent to clean up writers (who are paid to be uncredited)

Now they are very limited in what can be changed and when. Nowadays the cgi effects largely are started during pre production so you can really only change so much.

Its a collaborative process with a lot of compromise, based solely around what the director is interested in.

>I refuse the believe
No one cares what you believe I'm telling you how it works. It make sense that a dream sequence is written and that the director would make it look, visually, like one of his previous films

The dream sequence was very silly though. I agree with you on that

>He gives Goyer his notes on the script and Goyer makes changes accordingly.
How is that not considered having influence over the story?
Also, you forgot the part when one of the producers (Nolan) argues against the movie's ending and Snyder defends it (repeatedly and restructuring the movie to make his wishes a "necessity") and gets to be the tie breaking vote. Again, we know this is what happened because Snyder was very forthcoming about it.
Even if somehow we conclude that he's not a writer in terms of accredation, in light of literally getting to decide what happens in the movie rather than just how it's presented, that's still obviously dictating and influencing stuff like story/dialogue, which means that if you find fault in it (or even if you like it) Snyder should have to share in the responsibility for it.

Snyder might not be a writer in name (provided we ignore "Story by" and for the sake of argument) but he certainly is in spirit and its just disingenuous to claim otherwise.

Man of Steel has to be one of the clearest recent examples of what happens when you have three completely different ideas of what your movie should be all trying to happen at the same time. I don't know who wanted what, but you clearly had

>someone who wanted to write a conventional Superman punching guys movie

>someone who wanted to write a Diet Terrence Malick character study starring Lois Lane

>someone who wanted to make a sci-fi epic about Krypton

And they tried to make all three movies at the same time.

> It make sense that a dream sequence is written and that the director would make it look, visually, like one of his previous films

And does it also make sense that all the scenes directly related to the Senate/Africa storyline have an entirely different tone then the ones that don't?

You can almost literally see the moments where Terrio was taking a nap and Snyder came in to rub his kino all over the screenplay. Terrio wanted to write a gritty, humanistic political thriller and whever that wasn't happening he was jerking off in the WB cafeteria while Snyder wrote the other parts.

Goyer's the real issue imo and I think they got rid of him

I agree with what you've said I'd replace "conventional Superman punching guys movie" with "alien invasion deconstruction" because goddamn did they spent a lot of time building humanity as shitty and Clark as being alone.

Man of Steel is more anti-immigrant than Angry Birds, which is actually pretty impressive.

Keep it in your containment board, cunts

goalpost
Different tone? Please tell me what was in a completely different tone? The fuck do you even know about tone?
I'm trying to tell you how a production works and you're coming at me with fanfiction on how you think it went.
But I got news for you. Its a business and people are paid to do certain things and frankly that how it goes regardless of who you personally want to build up or tear down.

>goalpost
Answer the fucking question. How is "I'm giving you notes on how to change the story" not effectively writing part of the movie?

I can't believe I'm saying this but, but after seeing a dozen of these Cred Forums-fucktards today... I miss the Cred Forums-posters.

Whats going on with this site, are we a penal colony for other boards?

>Man of Steel is more anti-immigrant than Angry Birds, which is actually pretty impressive.

The politics of MoS are fucking bizarre. It seems to conflate the American military with the USA as a whole, he basically isn't accepted until Colonel Elliot Stabler finally agrees that he isn't the enemy, at which point the whole are turns on a dime and we get the "HE SAVED US!" nonsense later on.

So the moral of the story is the only way to truly be accepted into the United States is to join the armed forces? I'm not even sure what Snyder was going for there.

>So the moral of the story is the only way to truly be accepted into the United States is to join the armed forces?

okay

Snyder says, I don't like that. Goyer says he can write something different, but a producer comes in and says it can't be changed from the original version because they already started on the effects/ production design.

The notes are not specific changes. He is not writing anything. He clearly doesn't care that much.

Eventually if Goyer never writes anything better they get a different writer.

#triggered

>Snyder says, I don't like that
And when Snyder says "I want a scene where this happens"?
Or when he says "I want character X to say dialogue Y"?
The fact that a lot of the issues were consistent even after the writer change in between MoS and BvS is a greater indication of Snyder being the root than Goyer. Otherwise what did Terrio do?
And what happens when the producer says "I want this changed" but Snyder says "I want it in?"
Which we know, for a fact, from Snyder's own mouth, is what happened?
And on the subject of producers, why do we keep ignoring the fact that Zack is married to one of the movie's producers? Should we assume that's just a coincidence and means nothing?