DOCTOR STRANGE

New synopsis released.

>Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE centers Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbartch), a world-famous neurosurgeon whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing - and hope - in an unlikely place: A mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj, which Strange quickly learns is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange - armed with newly-acquired magical powers - is forced to choose whether to return to his old life of fortune and status or leave it behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.

The long-range box office forecast is roughly of $88 million opening weekend and a domestic total of $255 million.

pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-doctor-strange-trolls-hacksaw-ridge/

>fortune and status
or
>most powerful sorcerer in existence

Tough choice.

Well, don't most citizens think he's a famous doctor who went crazy and thinks he's a wizard?

Even if you ARE a wizard, that's gotta hurt your pride somewhat.

So Dormammu and Shuma are only mentioned in this movie right? Probably for the best, gives us something to look forward too.

Allegedly.

I think we're going to find out that Dormammu is the power behind Mads Mikkelsen, and if I had my druthers and they want to make Strange the next Iron Man as the guy who the movies sort of revolve around, Shuma-Gorath would be the thing they build to over the next bunch of movies.

>world-famous neurosurgeon
is there a single surgeon in the entirety of history who is "world-famous"?

So this is going to reinvigorate alternative medicines right after people have spent years trying to fight it?

Only an absolute faggot would choose fortune and status over being a fucking sorcerer tbqh

Are there any world famous arms dealers?

Post your face when in the climactic finale, Mads Mikkelsen's cracked face fully breaks away to reveal the dark flaming head of Dormammu.

>is there a single surgeon in the entirety of history who is "world-famous"?
There are not that many top-level surgeons. And those who are in the surgery field would know who to call for tough cases. In Strange's case, he is so good that he can demand top-dollar for his time because he is in so much demand. Surgery is an artform and you can't just mass produce them in med school.

still salty that they cast benedict "whitest guy in existence" cumberbatch as a character who's a turk in the comics

OK predictions, Cred Forums.
>one dimensional villain who dies in the same movie
>most of the movie will be quips
>the soundtrack will be forgotten as soon as you walk out of the theater
>Cred Forums will love it

>So this is going to reinvigorate alternative medicines right after people have spent years trying to fight it?
No, because he NEVER managed to get his hands healed. He just changed careers instead.

I predict Im going to fap to Brandi Love tonight

What the hell are you talking about. Strange is explicitly based on Vincent Price, who was from freaking Missouri.

Ben Carson
Mehmet Oz

Carpentier, foundator of Carmat.

And in the 3rd movie they reveal Dormammu was just a highly paid b-list actor manipulated by Mordo to get his hands on the eye of Agamotto?

>is there a single surgeon in the entirety of history who is "world-famous"?

Ben Carson

Vikotor Bout
Whitey Bulger

>He is unable to humm the captain america, avengers or Iron Man
Just because you are too stupid to identify music, doesn't mean the whole world is, even autists know that, kid.

Plus famous doctors are less likely to get pulled into another dimension and messily devoured by eldritch horrors beyond human comprehension.

Not impossible, mind you, but less likely.

>Muh mandarin
Grow a bloody pair and quit your whining. You are embarasing us all

Literally whos.

that second name does sound familier to me

While Mandarin was a huge disappointment I think we should really move on from this

Really?

DO NOT feed the autist, he will sperg about a movie that is over three years, but he is unable to get over it

>one dimensional villain who dies in the same movie

More like one dimensional puppet, since any Dr. Strange villain is going to lead back to Dormamu and they're not gonna kill him.

>most of the movie will be quips

Are we not supposed to like quips? I hear a lot of people saying quips like it's an insult, but why? Most comic book dialog is quips or monologues.

>the soundtrack will be forgotten as soon as you walk out of the theater

The function of a movie soundtrack is to complement the action. If it's so noticeable that you're thinking about it instead of the story as you leave, something has gone wrong.

Maybe you would be happier at a concert.

>Cred Forums will love it

Cry more.

Stop

>Replying to obvious shitposting
wew

Is Ben Carson actually famous for surgery shit, or just for spilling the spaghetti and jobbing to Donald Drumph?

>Drumph
Boy, you're really showing him.

The whole reason he thought he could be president is because he's a successful famous surgeon who was held up as a "good black".

Then he turned into the dormouse from Alice in Wonderland and became a joke.

No, seriously, what's wrong with quips?

There's nothing inherently wrong with quips, but Marvel can get over-reliant on them, and it sounds like very canned dialogue. Most people don't talk in quips, and not every super hero should either. Doctor Strange is one of those characters that shouldn't really be quipping.

God damn kids, there's more to the world than what's in your twitter feed.

>grandpa is still on Twitter

My mom made me read a book about him when I was a kid, so I always assumed he was famous.

Of course now he thinks that the earth was created in 6 days and that pyramids were used to store grain and quotes Pokemon and shit.

He was a world famous neurosurgeon before his political shenanigans and got even more famous after shitting on Obamacare right next to Obama himself while speaking at some event, if I recall correctly.

Can leddit, Cred Forums, and tumblr collectively kill themselves please? You fucks are cancer here and everywhere else.

I knew about him as kid long before he went crazy and thought Joseph built the pyramids. But yes he was famous for separating those twins who were connected at the brain.

Ben Carson

Dr. Strange should be black!

I guarantee that this will be the lowest rated Marvel movie on Rotten Tomatoes

The cast is too stacked in comparison to the mediocre director. The plot seems generic and I think this is the movie where liberals start going in on race and gender issues

Take a screenshot of this for me, I want to laugh at it later.

He was always crazy like that, he was just smart enough to never let that crazy interfere with his work.

Friendly reminder that this shit and the 42 prequels before it are the reason we can't have X-Men stuff besides intentionally bad comics.

"BUY OUR MOVIES!"

Back to Cred Forums

They're actually making fun of quippy heroes, sort of. Strange cracks several jokes no one is amused by throughout the movie, and at one point Wong tells him people only laughed at his jokes to suck up to him.

Hilarious if true