With Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. introducing Robbie Reyes I figured a storytime is in order. Doing the first arc today...

With Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. introducing Robbie Reyes I figured a storytime is in order. Doing the first arc today, second tomorrow, and Secret Wars on Monday

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IoMqdCrRJJc
youtube.com/watch?v=k6_sovnX9vo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgot to do the phone trick, now we can start

This run is garbage.

Do bullies actually pick on the handicapped or is this a trope?

Yep.

How so friend?

The Peter Parker-est shit ever

I really think half the shit Robbie gets on here is because no one read his run. Dont get me wrong, Marvel is shit these days, but Robbie is kind of fun

this art is pretty dope

Robbie is great, but the book became a lot less enjoyable to read once Moore was off the art. Call me shallow, but the switch drained any interest I had in it

Tradd Moore's art in this is god tier

I have never seen anyone out of middleschool pick on the handicap. People just mostly ignore them.

>Zabo escapes
Huh, never noticed that before

It is quite a drastic change in art

NIGHT
OF
FIRE

>Owns all the books Robbie's been in
>Settles in for the storytime anyway.

Shit, I never even noticed this. Did these fuckers actually go and PICK UP Gabe from the centre to pull this shit? Robbie must have lost it when he got there and Gabe was gone...

Huh, sure enough. That's really fucked up

I remember lots of that in high school. Not to the point of throwing someone in wheelchair into a puddle but still.

That transformation is awesome

This. People did it to Sam Nova too

I love comics in comics.
>Phantom Laser
>Grouper Toad

Drastic is one word for it. I think I've taken to describing the switch as "tragic" or "criminal"
That second artist who was trying to emulate street art was unbearable, and then it just became boring house style nothingness

The artist after him is Felipe Smith. I wouldn't call his work house style

The third artist who came in at the end of the run was, though. If it was Smith that came in after Moore then I cannot stand him. Everything he drew just looked so ugly

Moore's humans are horrible but I'll be damned if I don't say the series would be much cooler if he stayed on the whole way just to give us more glorious high-adrenaline light shows and action.

You're drunk, user.

What's the likelihood of Zabo showing up again in Agents of SHIELD?

Smith is the third artist

Nobody over the age of 15, in my experience. I imagine it's a GREAT way to get seriously fucked up by anyone who catches you doing it.

Moore's art in the preview was part of what draw me in, but I stuck around for the characters/story. Felipe's art is good, but it was definitely a major shift that was hard to go with at first.

I'm curious to see how Danilo Beyruth does in the new series starting up (plus we get a back story with Tradd Moore art, so bonus!)

It's probably different when you're a literal gang-banger in the suburbs of LA.

Am I insane? I'm going to go grab volume 2 of this off my shelf because I definitely remember that there were three artists who worked on this at some point or another

>That pun

You deserve everything you get for that, hero fodder.

There was. Moore then Damion Scott then Smith

this shit is humberto ramos tier anyways who gives a fuck, theres tumblr noses everywhere

Are you referring to this arc? Because those would be fighting words.

Man Im SO HAPPY Marvel decided not to use this skull design for the show. Im legit fucking mad, everything from his look to the fact that hes on this show now is a monkey paw. Oh well, new book coming, and maybe other riders will pop up in the MCU

Don't respond to shitposters while storytiming OP

Is Tradd Moore the best artist Marvel has?

>Have Redline esque art for a Ghost Rider book.
Shit was fucking great.
>Suddenly art changes and is kinda SEGA-tier.
Meh.

I'll try not to

Hopefully they'll do what they did with Lash and fix it after his first appearance.

I dont remember that, was Lash really that bad first appearance? I just recall him masked in shadow early on

youtube.com/watch?v=IoMqdCrRJJc
and then later
youtube.com/watch?v=k6_sovnX9vo

>Eli
First time we hear his name in the story, and I already kind of want to punch something.

See, this is the biggest problem if Agents of SHIELD is bringing in Robbie for the Zabo/Hyde connection. In the comics, boh are evil in their own way. Zabo lets out Hyde to deal with his enemies, and while they have disagreements, they're both roughly after the same thing. AoS Zabo/Hyde was only ever after the safety of his daughter, and revenge against the man who hurt his wife, and his Hyde form was just him bulked up a bit. Anything resembling this arc would seem wildly out of character.

He was also TAHITI'd though. I think it's possible that he remembers a formula, tries it, and goes crazy.

Wouldnt put it past Marvel if they suddenly decided his formula got leaked. We already had fish pill fiasco, why not Hyde pills? Not saying I want that though

MGH could work

>This page
>That last panel

Every time, man. It never gets old.

Great book

So why is he a robot skeleton? Does that get covered or is it artistic license and you're just expected to roll with it

>you're just expected to roll with it
That

I think the main idea behind it is that its supposed to be a racing helmet fused with the classic Ghost Rider skull. Which is fine in this case I suppose considering Robbie technically isnt a Ghost Rider

I know I'm being autistic, but it bothers me that they're calling him Ghost Rider in the show

>RIP Robbie's glorious hair ;_;

But seriously, those scars have to mean something, and I'm betting it has to do with why Eli's able to bond with Robbie. I hope we find out in the new series.

I thought that too when I first saw the design, but he doesn't have the helmet on when he dies so it didn't make any sense.

Guess I'll just roll with it, then.

>but it bothers me that they're calling him Ghost Rider in the show
Super autistic.

99% of the reason it's even remotely worth reading is for the art and that goes away after only six issues. The writing is garbage.

I was afraid of that

I strongly disagree. The story and characters are still great

I always liked those top two panels. Just the thought of all of that fire going out immediately when the door slams is a really cool image.

It's less robot, and more car and death elements. He's become one with the car and the spirit, in a way.

>that cyclops graffiti

I'd say Brock Lesnar looks good with a beard, but this obviously isn't him.

Brock doesn't know this many wrestling moves.

The art in this issue is balls to the wall insane.

I'm gonna be disappointed if he doesn't ghostrider-ize the wheelchair at some point

>Robbie could have had that cute redhead if he didn't shave his hair off
Bad move, Robbie

Are those dual wield assault rifles strapped in an X on his back

>Heh

Of course they are

"Don't hurt him!"

Team Protect Gabe Reyes At All Costs.

Little abrupt of an ending, but it works.

Second arc tomorrow. Thanks for reading. If this was your first time, what'd you think?

There were so many great reaction images from this series.

You da real mvp op

Thanks for storytiming, user! Always great re-reading this series.

Now I have time to ready myself for the emotional rollercoaster that is the second half.

I think Robbie should have kept his hair. Shaving his head was a blunder

The story was alright, better than I expected, looking forward to the second part.

I didn't really care for the art style; it reminded me a lot of the new Penny Arcade with the strange, gooey facial expressions.

Thanks for the storytime

Thank you for the storytime! It was my first read, and I'm impressed to say the least. I fucking love the art (sad to hear that it changes later) and I'm already too attached to Gabe. Definitely coming back tomorrow!

I think it was mainly a plot device to show off Robbie's mysterious new scars.

He does start growing it back eventually.

>All of Robbie's stuff
You're good people, OP

thank god

The art was what drew me in at first, and the style change WAS hard to lose, but everything else involved is enough to stick with the other styles.

Literally everyone that read the book got attached to Gabe by this point. You cannot deny this child. I wanted to hide him and Robbie away somewhere safe, wrap them in blankets and feed them mac n' cheese and ice cream until everything gets better.

It doesn't get better.

people just don't care about Hispanics
same thing with Kyle Rayner

Thanks, OP. I was hoping someone would storytime this before Agents of Shield. You're doing God's work.

Holy shit that's pretty brutal.

>Kid's got surprisingly good taste, for his age
That foreshadowing...

That first panel is absolutely beautiful. Thanks OP!

Slim Jesus?

>You gotta have muscles on yer muscles
>You gotta have muscles ON YER EYEBALLS

this panelling is gorgeous.

This artist is a great visual storyteller

they're where the pyro jets are in his Rider skull

I adore the art in this.

Second arc

Great page

>I like him Robbie. I like him....very much.

Well that sounds ominous as fuck. Nothing better happen to Gabe or I riot.

better get your pitchforks and torches

Bump

>that bottom panel
Jesus