Swat Kats: The Radical Squardron

So I finally watched Swat Kats. Let's have a thread.

It was pretty fun pulp action, although sometimes the plots meandered. It had the good qualities of '90s X-treme in its campy excess but none of the ponderous self-importance which makes people hate '90s stuff.

Jets are the best.

i always liked things being RADICAL, as long as it never got too grimderp

I was surprised at the fairly modest role Callie has since she's become a Cred Forums meme. She's more of a Lois Lane supporting character type. I guess memes tend to inflate themselves.

She is pretty cute.

I was disappointed that there's this time when she hits someone with her ass and there isn't a clear view of it.

She might have hit peak cute when she flirted with Jake (the short one) in episode 2.

why do the enforcers have sabrejets with split tails? especially when the swat kats have a tomcat they built with garbage, it seems like the enforcers are 30 years out of date

I think she might have done that just to hit at Chance since he spent an entire conversation staring at her tits.

She's a politician so she didn't want to directly antagonize the guy she just asked to fix her car.

Why a lot of things user.

Plus I say it's either more like a Messerschmitt P.1101 or maybe a Saab J29 Tunnan.

She seems to like "T-Bone", though. Lois Lane type, indeed.

Despite this, Chance is a surprisingly big loser. There's that entire episode he spends being a giant load because he can't swim.

Chance fails like every macho game he and Jake play and he watches kids' cartoons and read comics. Can you believe it?

Is it a joke that the shorter, scrawnier one is the more manly and competent?

I already mentioned he has bad manners with women, but honestly, there should be a limit.

Is it just me or do Callie's tits seem a lot bigger when she's in sweats?

Maybe she wears a minimizer for professional time.

Then again, there's this.

Oh, Chance is staring again.

Maybe we can imagine a severe undergarment failure due to the physical stresses of adventuring.

These threads always devolve into 'I want to fuck the news reporter'.

I would rather fly a jet.

those cops get rekt

They're cops that operate attack helicopters, jets, and tanks.

One thing that continually mystified me was the portrayal of Commander Feral. The whole recurring cast treat him like a useless blowhard but he actually seems to do his damnedest at every moment. There's that episode where he tried to hit the villain with a rock because it was all he had left.

It seems more just the dictate of the story that he never accomplishes much of anything. He arrives too late or his guns just aren't strong enough but he never gives up.

And he's even right that the Swat Kats are reckless. They blow up a building in an episode because their gun was mis-calibrated and whined that it was "an accident" when Feral bawled them out on TV. If a mushroom monster hadn't already eatern the watchmen they'd have been killed in that explosion!

He's even always respectful of the Mayor and Callie even when they mock him to his face. I ended up liking the guy because he kept getting the short end of the stick.

>news reporter
>not the police lieutenant

tbone x police lt
razor x callie

problem solved

What was with the varying levels of cartoon violence? Sometimes there's GI-Joe style just-in-time bailouts and sometimes the Enforcers get massacred.

And then there was the charred corpse in that one episode.

Considering the threats they face rather regularly, I think it safe to assume their arsenal is as much a thing of necessity.
Don't forget that the Metalikats offered to hand him the Swat Kats on a plate, but he told 'em to fuck off.

shit just happens naturally I guess

>We never see her in any alternate outfits.
disappointedface.jpg

Something that struck me was that this show did two '90s cartoons cliches; time-travel to the future where everything's gone to shit, and alternate universe where the heros are evil and it did both really BADLY.

In the time travel episode, the fucking dumb thug villains the Metallikats are the ones who took over the city, instead of a more ominous villain like Dark Kat, and it doesn't play around much with older versions of the characters. Feral's gone bald and Callie has shorter hair but that's about it.

The fun of alternate universe episodes is shaking up the cast's roles but in this show's take only the Swat Kats themselves and Callie are any different. It would have been cool to see an evil Feral or a heroic Dr. Viper but the episode really phones in it. The silly growling and bickering the evil Swat Kats do is also a pretty lazy way to make them seem evil.

someone post the webm of Callie jumping into a car through the window

She's best

doe anyone have pics or webms of callie as a princess?

bonus if it comes with razor with the sword

I don't, sorry. Also that's Callista, her ancestor.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed the show's refusal to make any sense regarding Megacat City's location. It seems American yet there was a castle there 800 years ago like it's in Europe, but there are also Aztec style pyramids just outside of town )containing Egyptian style mummies), AND there's a tropical island close enough to have a clear view of the skyline.

Callie was the deputy mayor, user.

This is the news reporter.

They do? I've been missing out, Ann never used to get much love.

He probably mistook Callie for the reporter.

Neat filename, btw.

yeah, that was awesome

Fun fact. These guys were originally suppose to be humans from Earth, but one of the execs didn't like that idea so it was dropped.

I saw a few eps years ago, it's ok, I'd have loved it as a kid for sure.
I just like Callie and the other girls, the butch and reporter, the show doesn't matter.

The show made me realize I was a degenerate waifu-fag to.

...it's as if it was a stupid cartoon for children designed to sell plastic toys...

Instead they became a Star Trek joke; they look just like the cats but with some dumb shit on their heads.

they are alien cats

>Callie was the deputy mayor, user.

And?

the show came first and the toys sold like shit
i think

reboot never ever

fie, fie!

>sabrejets
looks more like a Tunnan to me

the yellow nose and nose based machine guns are very similar to a sabrejet, though most likely its a composite of many jets, all of them korean era

What are you talking about? Chance can eat more peppers and takes more G's.

Should some user email them and ask how it's going?

Where can one watch other language dubs of this show?

I know the spanish version is on youtube.

Felina appeals to my like for women that are beautiful while also getting shit done. Callie is more about the overall package of brains and capability.

Feral was competent at his job. He invited mocking because he was rigid and humorless.

Hey plague

Anyone know the studio that most of the animation? I refuse to believe it wasn't done in Korea?

The Japanese animated season was better. Would fuck Chase.

When I was young, I felt like I was the only dude that liked Swat Kats. It had everything a kid like me needed: action, badassery, chicks, and toys.
Imagine my surprise when I learned that they were an obscure cartoon. And imagine my even bigger surprise when I learned that it's getting a reboot. And imagine my even bigger surprise when I learned that you guys here also remember and like the show.

Finally, I am not alone
sniff

>it's getting a reboot

It might if a VoD service like Netflix or Amazon picks it up. None of the networks were interested.

I thought it was always because the enforcers have shitty tech. They dont even use missiles. And the times that they do get awesome tech, its stolen away by villains or whatnot.

We haven't heard a thing from the tremblay bros in months, VoD services are the only viable thing left

japanese when?

Thread not gay enough for you?

latest news on the new show was that Warner Bros and Cartoon Network passed on it.

gay

Good, fuck them