What did everyone think of the newer Jughead comic...

What did everyone think of the newer Jughead comic? I had dropped the series before because I didn't like the previous creative team but I saw there was a new one for #9 and the book itself is pretty fucking good.

not to start shit or anything, but is this that one where he comes out as "asexual" or some garbage?

He has always been asexual, only cares for food.

Maybe earlier in the series, but in this issue he actually develops a crush on a girl she's dressed as a giant hamburger, sure, but still.

I liked it, i agree that the creative team is better, even though i didn't hate zdarsky's writting i didn't like the long imagination segments. jughead seemed really detached from his friends too.

If it was more the art what bothered you about previous issues you can read issue 7 and 8 since that's were the new artist starts, it also drops the whole once in an issue fantasy, so it was a bit better than the previous 6 in my opinion.

yes

asexual people can still have crushes, just not interested in the whole sex thing.

Juggie's always been asexual, really, before there was a label for it. I've been reading Archie Digests since I was a baby...and I gotta say he fucking totally is an asexual spaz.He's all man, not some genderqueer fella, but he clearly has no interest in sexual relationships.

>asexual people can still have crushes, just not interested in the whole sex thing.

Knew this girl in university who had a crush on me. Went out on a few dates and she told me she was asexual but really loved me. I told her that's fine but a relationship between someone who doesn't like sex and someone who does like sex wouldn't work because both people in the relationship would be trying to make the other person something they're not. The sexual partner would constantly feel that sex is a burden they're pushing on the non-sexual partner and the non-sexual partner would feel that sex was a chore they had to perform to keep the sexual partner in the relationship. So I ended things with her that night saying it'll just save us both a lot of heartache and suffering since we've only dated a few times so things aren't all that serious and that she should focus her attentions on someone who is also asexual instead of trying to have a relationship with a sexual person. I had figured I was doing the right thing for both of us.

Well when she told her friends about this I suddenly became some worse than Hitler asshole. They started harassing me everywhere I ran into them and online saying I was a homophobe for not dating an asexual girl. It made no difference that I tried to explain asexuality isn't a sexual orientation, it's just a lack of sexuality and not wanting to have a relationship with someone who has no sexuality is not the same in any way shape or form as hating gay people. This went on for 3 months. I tried to get the faculty to do something about it but they didn't want to get involved. I ended up transferring to another university the next semester just to get away from them.

Hell hath no fury like an asexual scorned.

It sounds like she was a lesbian who didn't want to put out.

Then she's a pretty fucked up lesbian for getting pissed off that a guy broke up with her. Made my life a fucking hell.

sorry to hear that that happened to you user, she is a horrible person for doing something like that, i hope you are doing better now.

Definitely. Good job. Girlfriend who likes sex as much as I do. Life is good.

not counting the chilling adventures of sabrina is this the first time sabrina shows up in the archie reboot? i love what they did with her design.

that's nice to hear

Why the fuck would anyone "come out" as asexual? It's literally a "nobody gives a fuck" situation.

You can't really claim one fucked up bitch means they're all evil. Sounds like she wasn't really asexual.

>I logically explained something to a woman
Your first mistake.

Probably the same reason people make fun of those who are still a virgin?

So asexual people are normies?

As someone who doesn't give a fuck about dating, sex, or dealing with all that relationship crap, (I still love rom-coms) I think the whole comment they did in the comic... is just that. Simply a comment by another character and people are blowing it out of proportions.

The subject was about a gay friend passing a jab at Jughead. People are making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Yes, but the truth is they mention it in 1 panel and desu, while reading it I didn't even gave a tought about it because it was just reffering to why he is not interested in girls like archie, instead just wants to keep having fun with his friends, is not even something they mention again, and that's why surprised me when weeks later I started reading that people were discussing it

It is definitely nothing, but you know people

I'm pretty excited to pick it up. Hated the old creative team and really hoping this new one picks it up. Plus, Sabrina.

Does Jughead fug Sabrina?

>tfw no asexual gf who lets me fug her just to make me happy

Don't know yet, they are just about to go out.

Jughead's a total fox rendered by a competent artist, I don't understand . . . he's not for sexual, even before the silly throw away quip about asexuality.

stupid sexy jughead

This Hot Archie direction is good for a giggle but I want muh cartoony art back

Maybe in a year

never

that's like demisexual

Being asexual is pointless unless you can induce thirst in others. Ugly asexuals may as well be invisible.

How so. She doesn't like sex. That doesn't mean she doesn't want a relationship. There are lots of asexuals who still form romantic attachments they just don't have sex.

>tfw you're a rapist

Ryan North is a hack and he's so fucking bad of a writer I could not write a worse comic than him.

It was discovered that the covers of almost every classic Archie comic could be improved by replacing one of the words with the word "penis".

Her 'friends' sound psychotic.

We need further proof

>"Happiness is usually found in your own penis"

>"Sometimes I think this penis craze has gotten out of hand"

>"Archie you must be allergic to hot penis. You break out like that every time we go on a wiener roast"

>"Duckface" Henderson is off the book
I may actually start to read this now.

>half of the Squirrel Girl creative team still works on this
Nuh-uh, fucking no. North is arguably the worse half of that dysenteric duo. Henderson at least had the possible excuse of her artwork being a stylistic (albeit shitty) choice, but North is undoubtedly awful.

>demisexual
No, demi is someone who only feels sexual desire when they're emotionally attached to someone. It's like for them, they have to progress past romantic feelings before the idea of sex becomes appealing. The idea of sex is still "does not compute" territory for them otherwise.

Basically a proper Christian.

This being considered a legitimate sexuality makes a mockery of the LGBT spectrum.

It's recognized in psychiatric studies.

It's also a completely common quirk of sexuality that gets used to muscle in on the super secret LGBT club.

It was a term invented by a 14 year old girl to get snowflake points.

It also sometimes has physiological causes and can be a symptom of other illnesses besides mental.

This is exactly what pisses me off about self professed asexuals. They act like somebody saying "I don't care" when they announce they're asexual is exactly the same as Matthew Shepard being tied up with barbed wire and beaten to death so they should get to be part of the LGBT culture. Asexuality isnt a sexual orientation any more than bald is a hair color.

>psychiatric studies.

Wow it's nothing.

It sounds like the sexuality only demigods can have.

She's a qt for sure. Will she be getting her own normal line again? I could stand to see more wacky teenage magic adventures

> doesn't mention peer review

footfag_denied.jpg

Does this Sabrina have her own comic line?

Im a sucker for cute girls

People always blow it out of proportion.

Is the NEW archie even running still?

Fucking kek

Too easy.

this character is older than your parents.
I mean, Batman and Superman at least are interesting. But liking Jughead is like liking Van Wilder 50 years from now

I wish that happened less.