Scrooge McDuck storytime new thread

Previous Thread: →

We're midway through storytiming "The Dashingest Dudebro," a Mau Heymans-drawn story from IDW's Uncle Scrooge #8.

Previous page:

So Scrooge is pretty much the same as always, and the translations are pretty funny, in a way that's both modern (probably anathema to Rosa fans) but constantly calling back to the "classic" Duck comics phrasing and expressions.

Cheers OP, it's always nice to see new stuff.

The Italians always make me intrigued by their somewhat different duck comics too, but I rarely see them story-timed.

This is really a Dutch story. There aren't as many of them in the IDW comics as there are Italian stories, but they're still fairly frequent and good.

Jonathan Gray, who translated this story, also translated "Scrooge's Last Adventure," a killer four parter they had a few months ago.

Ah yeah, sorry I didn't mean to imply this one was Italian, that was just really an after-thought. It's nice to see different Duck stuff from anywhere really.

Think you could try storytiming that?

It's more than 100 pages long, and all I've got are PDFs that I have to split into individual screencaps.

Hopefully someone else can do it...

(Attached is one quick sequence. The setup is a little like Don Rosa's "A Little Something Special," but Rockerduck is part of the team this time too, and the eventual clashes between spendthrift Rockerduck and tightwad Glomgold turn this into a very different kind of story...)

Bump

Thanks user

Again no Duck Avenger?

Oh man, as a frenchfag who was fan of this shit back in my teens (we have like, 4 different magazines for disney stories, 2 for mostly Mickey and 2 for mostly the ducks), seeing it posted again (in english) brought back memories.

Anybody has that Rosa's story where the beagle boys steal a dream invading machine from gyro and invade Scrooge's dream to try to find his code? I loved that one too.

It was posted here

Oh, thanks.

Great story, thanks! I remember reading it in Dutch many years ago. That's really Mau Heymans early work by the way, he was still improving and I prefer his work when it's a little more playful and dynamic. Unfortunately after that he got a little too wacky, but there's always the glory years.

(captcha: find the billboards)

>find a storytime of The Old Castle's Other Secret in the archive
>it cuts off halfway through
Fucking why

Could you put the pdf in a mega folder or something?

>The Old Castle's Other Secret
??
google..
Oh, a Letter from Home

I'm bumping because this is a quality comic book

Thanks alot!

Translator of the story you pictured ("Hero 300") reporting here. Wow, that early computer lettering—we suffered, didn't we?

Elsewhere in that same story, we never expected the line "I'll gladly attend your wake, you frazzle-feathered upstart!" (Gladstone to Donald) to get through uncensored, but it did!

"Cleaner Ducks Scrub with Fluks" on the billboard: in the Dutch original the soap brand was Flux, but it became Fluks after Harry Fluks, and early organizer of online Disney comics fandom.

IIRC in the Italian edition Rockerduck refers to himself as the second richest(as he's usually portrayed in Italian comics)

Best christmas gift ever.

Are there any good Mickey Mouse stories to storytime?

>and this is my favorite shop on the Citadel.

Oh man, I want it so bad. Too bad it's so much.

It's super worth it, the back is full of his storyboards and the pages have notes and everything and it's fucking massive.

>ftw it's $125 for the first volume
>I'm gonna have to pay at least another $125 for the next one.

user, this are the kind of things Paperinik had on the cover of his series

Has anyone read the Duck Avenger PKNA series that IDW is putting out? Can anybody storytime it?

Alas, that was just for a summer organizer it was gifted with a summer issue.

Here an actual cover for comparison(it's from the sequel series, PK2)

Reminder that Paperinik got sure to cop a feel with Lyla

There are exceptions, obviously.

(pity I can't find images of cow-titties Clarebelle Cow from the latest two issues)

What is better? New Era Lyla or the first version?

I prefer the first version. I'm not really fond of the style of the eyes

The only one i can think of is Mickey Mouse Outwits the Phantom Blot.
The other stories are either sub-par duck stories or poor mans Tintin stories.

I love Gottfredson and Casty's Mickey Mouse. Those stories are great and Mickey feels like his own character. But you're right about the rest.

I wonder what would have been the reaction of american (pseudo)feminists at this scene in a Disney comic book.

By the way, the reaction in Italy has been "Lyla shows she is a rational, mature adult, aware that Donald had no ill intentions, didn't mean any disrespect and was probably even unaware by choosing to not punishing or even chastising Donald for what was a complete accident."

PKNE#2 "Dams of Time" is penned by Sciarrone, that image is from PKNA#48 "The Parts and the Whole" which was penned by Freccero.

try Topokolossal.

Depend also from the artist (Sciarrone has chenged his style apparently).

For example in the crossover with Double Duck, the art is little different.

really? why is very similar to Sciarrone (this is from PKNA 02).

It has been a fuckton of time, so I might have mistaken the issue the image is from

>(Sciarrone has chenged his style apparently).
It's called "it was over TEN YEARS since the last he drew them, art evolved"

Also, PK always been used to test new art and storytelling styles. It's experimental at its core.

A few more good Mickeys:
MM Joins the Foreign Legion (Gottfredson)
Island in the Sky (Gottfredson)
Love Trouble (Gottfredson)
The Atombrella and the Rhyming Man (Gottfredson)
Kali's Nail (Scarpa)
The Blot's Double Mystery (Scarpa)
The Delta Dimension (Scarpa)
The Chirikawa Necklace (Scarpa)
The Fabulous Kingdom of Shan-Grilla (Scarpa)
Fatal Distraction (Erickson/Fecchi)
Darkenblot (Casty/Pastrovicchio)
Dr. Tick-Tock (Casty)

Other Castys are also really good. His Eurasia Toft stories aren't his most original, but Eurasia herself is a wonderful character.

Ok

Also, Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine stories and anything by Silvia Ziche

A look at that Inducks website shows Ziche not drawing very many long Mickey stories, relatively speaking. Is there one in particular you'd recommend starting with?