You fought in the Clone Wars?

>You fought in the Clone Wars?

>Yes. I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father.
>That reminds me. Luke, did I ever tell you that in our prime (which happened to be a mere 20 years ago), the Jedi had Dragon Ball Z powers and could destroy armies single-handedly, run at lightning fast speed, deflect blaster bolts with stunning precision, jump tens of thousands of feet in the air, and hover around for prolonged periods of time? "Crouching Jedi, Hidden Sith" sums up that era well.
>Now that I'm an old man, I can't do any of that anymore. Time is not a good friend.

I know Genndy Wars was awesome, but it's funny how crazy it was, even compared to the prequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jszS3PBhotA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also remember that was Mace fuckin Windu, the all-time grandmaster of aggressive Force powers without crossing the dark side line.

You have to imagine Genndy's Clone Wars as myths mixed with fact exaggerated by a story teller

The novelizations describe the feats of jedi and sith as much more impressive than what can be portrayed in the movies. Some force users could destroy planets in the expanded universe, before disney's intervention.

>>Some force users could destroy planets in the expanded universe

Which novel?

In the novel "Shatterpoint", Mace Windu could destroy entire starships with his mind alone

Kenobi is probably about 10 years to young in those prequels.

Obi Won should have been about 30, maybe even 40 years old in The Phantom Menace.

Also, remember when Jedi Knights where actually legit military officers and didn't where dirt farmer cloths like Obi and Yoda because they where supposed to be in hiding.

>before disney's intervention.

It wasn't Disney's intervention, it was George's. He was the one who decreed that the EU be struck from canon and put it in the works before he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

What a shame to lose these great concepts. Because when I watched Star Wars my biggest complaint was that it wasn't enough like DBZ.

Fuck Disney

>Cred Forums memes infesting Cred Forums

This place has been dead for a while.

Palpatine in Dark Empire (comic), Darth Nihilus and emperor vitiate in the Old republic videogames . If I'm not mistaken Naga Sadow could make stars go supernova.

>fully sentient
>always shot up, torn apart, or cut up by jedi or clones, and war conventions did not apply because of there droid status
They got the low end of the stick, didnt they?

>Fuck Disney

See

If you couldn't pick up on the sarcasm in that post, I don't know what to tell you. You might actually have autism.

God, I hate Gennedy's Clone Wars. The animation is nice but the problem is it's based on the prequels, it's a bunch of characters I don't give a shit about fighting against robots I don't give a shit about in a conflict I do not give a shit about.

>Some force users could destroy planets in the expanded universe,

And that's shit.

No it was just JJ who wanted to reboot everything.

Georgey still liked the EU and wanted Darth Talon in Episode 7.

>and wanted Darth Talon in Episode 7.
He always had a thing for twileks

The exact reason I don't like Genndywars, despite being a Genndy fan.

SHIT JUST FEELS SO OUT OF PLACE. Thank Lord Shmooze this is no longer canon.

>Some force users could destroy planets in the expanded universe, before disney's intervention
Disney fucked up, and at the very same time fixed everything.

Fuck Dragonball Wars.

DBZ type shit is retarded but the line "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force" is something that should be backed up with some kind of truth

It could've been metaphoric. But yeah they really wanted to go DBZ levels which I mean why else get Gennedy if you weren't going to let him show off? And then you get to Force Unleased dragging starships out of the sky shit.

These
I mean, I don't hate GenndyWars but it's just all the shit wrong with the Prequels amped up to aggressive levels.
It's got that Tartakovsky polish but it doesn't really have anything else. Genndy's one of the best animation directors in the industry but when his directing falls apart (ie. The Windu fight) it's so apparent that there's literally nothing else holding the show together.

The CGI Clone Wars did what I felt was impossible and made me give a shit about Anakin and made him have chemistry with the cast around him, so for that, I give it greater respect.

They need binoculars user, that's the optics they're working with. They're a "lowest bidder" type project, one that saw their own obsolescence in super versions of themselves, like a sentient NES.

>Some force users could destroy planets in the expanded universe
Someone please remind me again the entire point of making the Death Star.

In a way Vader was proven right in New Hope. A novice force user ends up destroying a planet killer.

>implying Emperor wasn't falling apart from the Dark Side in the first place

usage of these powers would've killed him probably, and soul transference isn't an easy process for sure

this, people are fucking oblivious

underrated post, you're an oldfag?

Fuck the EU

Because the Star Wars universe is one that is decaying. The capabilities of it's technology and force/mysticism users are a shadow of what they formally were.
The Empire was really only restoring the civilization to a level of technological ability the galaxy had had thousands of years earlier.

there was never any indication of this - perhaps save that the Jedi and Sith of old could know more diverse Force techniques

stop pulling shit out of your ass

That's canon, the assassin droids are smarter and better but more expensive. You can buy a bunch of shitty droids and just zerg rush guys for cheap, then when you need some finesse you send in the expensive hardware.

wtf I love Disney now

This. Genndy clone wars is a lot more fun if you think of it as exaggerated war tales told long after the war

Star Forge

>"Crouching Jedi, Hidden Sith"

Y'know, I would love to see a full-bore wuxia lightsaber battle.

Star Forge was always considered an anomalous wonder of arcane technology, much like other Rakatan relics

but it still demonstrates that advanced technology existed pre-republic and likely outmatched the deathstar in terms of raw power.

all right, but you can't take anomalies into consideration about the galactic technological level.

That's like saying hmmm millions of years ago some fucked up aliens created Centerpoint, why can't WE stick stars together.
You can't really evaluate Aztec technological prowess by comparing them to XIII century Europeans.

There was also a race, the ones who elevated the Rakatan, who build faster than light instant travel.

the argument still remains that there have been cultures with higher levels of technology and understanding/control of the force before the Republic OR the Empire.

Genndy is an idiot

>Some force users could destroy planets in the expanded universe, before disney's intervention.

It's a good thing they intervened.

The Force was always intended to be a mental/spiritual power that only the strongest force users could transfer into physical powers. That's why it was such a big moment when Luke moved the lightsaber 3 feet in ESB. It's like the old myths about Buddhist monks levitating due to intense powers of meditation and zen.

But then the EU and later the prequels came around and suddenly every single fucking jedi is doing triple backflips and crashing death stars into the sun with a flick of their finger.

It doesn't mean literal power levels you autist, and that line is backed up with truth in the same movie it was spoken.

Luke destroyed the Death Star with the power of the Force. Without it, the Rebel attack would have failed.

>That one novel (Darksaber) where one Jedi channeled the collective Force powers of the other Jedi and shoved seventeen Star Destroyers out of the Yavin system from the planet's surface

>Boba Fett is hyped as a badass
>Is killed by accident in a slapstick moment by an invalid that he had captured some months previously
>It was genetic all along
MINDFREAAAAAK

Depends on what the definition of "destroy a planet" is, but I liked this bit, at least.
youtube.com/watch?v=jszS3PBhotA

Lucas was NEVER a good writer. He just had the fortune of finding good people.

>Luke destroyed the Death Star with the power of the Force.

No. Luke destroyed the Death Star with a proton torpedo. The Force did nothing but help his aim.

it helped him make a shot that was litterally impossible otherwise.

Calm down Robert J. Sawyer. Not everything is racist.

Define good writer. Not every film has to be citizen kane. Lucas' writing has always made sense enough to make the world of Star Wars feel alive.

>impossible
I used to bullseye womp rats back home in my T-16 and they're no larger than two meters. That shot is far from impossible.

>fully sentient
they weren't
it's just for the movies
destroying them is like destroying a pc
some of them weren't even that
just operating mashines wired to a pc

As much as I hate TFA, the Prequels were not good. They certainly had much better ideas and were better constructed compared to the mess of TFA (where you could see all the prior plot scaffolding and attempts to copy ANH), but still a lot of rough edges and stuff that went nowhere as well as a lot of unpolished ideas that would only get polished later in TCW.

Destroying robots in play because there's no blood. See, samurai jack.

*is okay

>ITT everyone forgets when Yoda lifted the X wing out of the water demonstrating force powers have great potential limited only by the mind of the user

But that is not case with the majority of EU depictions where magical trinkets and plot devices give you extra force boosts like in Darksaber instead of actual skill, experience and do-or-do-not.

This

I just assumed that issue was how Leia imagined that era looking.

Watch The Clone Wars

Did you miss the part where he made the shot because a wizard ghost talked to him?

Clone Wars was pretty great overall, but there were moments when its ridiculousness crossed the line from awesome to stupid

I mean, speederbike jousting?

Are the are any decent comics that are set in the old empire/republic times?

Also, any focused on siths, current or old era?

I understand that, but the jedi could atleast show some empathy if they surrenderd.

The KotOR comic is really good. Takes place during the Mandolorian Wars

Let's be honest, here. If Lucas had CGI and budget on hand back in the seventies you'd have gotten your super saiyan jedi from the start.

that is a negative. even if you look at his original drafts for what become the first SW movie, the jedi were remarkably low key in terms of power. They were essentially Kurosawa Samurai superimposed on a Flash Gordon setting.

The power creep actually only starts with ESTB. The idea of a Yoda being a super super duper swordmaster.

Especially consider that better droids would be a waste of resources in many cases. Unless there's some dug-in armed resistance or jedi/republic assistance then basic droids with blasters and a few tanks and planes will do the job for oppressing some peaceful, primitive or out of the way world to set the foundations for a strategic base or resource source.

There is advanced lost technology but the present stuff isn't across the board less advanced.
Ancient light-sabers used to have a power cable connected to a belt thing though that may have been retconned for now.

Especially with respect to the sith the ancient force users were generally more powerful than most modern counterparts but again it's not a hard rule. Palpatine is considered by some to be the most powerful sith for all the dark magics he knew even if he lacked the raw power of others, it has been mentioned that mace windu was one of the strongest jedi of his style of any era, and while sith lords often seek wisdom and power from their predecessors through those recording devices there have been multiple stories of them surpassing the old lords in various aspects.

Moving the lightsaber 3 feet was a only big thing because luke was still new to jedi shit and could barely manage it so it was a personal challenge and victory and at a crucial moment. Even in the original movies we have yoda lifting a whole spaceship out of a swamp and the prequels and new cartoons are still canon even if it triggers you.

The prequels really highlighted how the original trilogy was only as good as it was because of the people and factors restraining lucas. Once he had the success under his belt he had the authority to do what he really wanted and fuck shit up.
All the horrible ideas that he wanted for the originals but was prevented from implementing are interesting enough to be worth a read imo.

>I mean, speederbike jousting?
Fuck you, that was awesome and almost makes sense considering the expendability of droids and them being led by a battle-crazy near-immortal.

>I know Genndy Wars was awesome, but it's funny how crazy it was, even compared to the prequels.
It was a cartoon by a man who loved action and old samurai movies. Also, George was making up stuff in the OT as he went along, it wasn't all thought out ahead of time, including the Force, and they held back by 70's/80's special effect limitations.

>I don't hate GenndyWars but it's just all the shit wrong with the Prequels amped up to aggressive levels.
Genndy actually managed to make Anny into a somewhat young, talented war hero who was troubled by what he saw and tempted by the Dark Side, made Windu worthy of being the Jedi's champion and arms, Grievous intimidating, and stormtroopers competent soldiers.

>Genndy's one of the best animation directors in the industry but when his directing falls apart (ie. The Windu fight)
The Windu fight is the best portrayal of the Force in combat in a visual medium, it's ridiculously powerful without getting EU levels of silly and only focused on powers shown in the movies.

>Someone please remind me again the entire point of making the Death Star.
The Empire wanted to intimidate its enemies, Palps didn't want everyone knowing he was the Dark Side personified and there were no other Force users alive who could do something like that.

It's a good thing they intervened.
They obliterated all the lore, a lot of which was bad, but there was a lot of good too.

>suddenly every single fucking jedi is doing triple backflips and crashing death stars into the sun
Normal Jedi knights were super infantry, which they needed to be because there wasn't a lot of them for how large the galaxy was. The ones who pull off the high level stuff are generational greats, and most of them can't destroy planets.

>The Empire wanted to intimidate its enemies, Palps didn't want everyone knowing he was the Dark Side personified

This, tyrant or not, you don't crush an image of defenders of peace and turn them into traitors only to look to people like you're one of those traitors

Yeah, he didn't orchestrate his big plan just to gain control over the republic and consolidate power but also to remove all competing force users so that in a struggle between sci-fi forces he would be the only one with a secret magic advantage.

>that guy who animated stone statues

Strange retcons...

>Vitiate
Mah nigga
Also Lana and Darth Marr are best Siths

I agree, but the prequels for all the shit they were still felt more alive compared to TFA, if you get what I mean.
TFA just didn't really give me the true Star Wars feel.

The force was too weak to ever be taken seriously in the old movies.

He made those shots in the past because he was subconsciously using the Force.

The torpedoes also had to travel to the center of the station.

>Republic secrets on the menu

What said.

That being said, it's interesting how Luke's outfit in ROTJ resembles Obi's in this issue. It could be that, at the time, this was what Lucas though the Jedi wore as an official capacity being military officers.

I don't think it was established until the 90's when the Tales of the Jedi comics came out that Jedi actually wore robes like Samurai.