Zebra Girl

>Rabbit lap dance edition

zebragirl.thecomicseries.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xVnAqL2i5U
zebragirl.thecomicseries.com/comics/1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do wonder if anybody else reads this comic. It's been going as long as the likes of Gunnerkrigg Court but it's still really obscure.

Zebra Girl's a classic, but it's very esoteric.

So, at this point, Sandra's repressed attraction to women is a running gag, right?

What's the premise? I like the art.

Brother and sister find a magic book. Accidentally turn their best friend/housemate into a black and white demon. Hijinks ensue. Then things get dark (and better).

>Hijinks ensue.

To be more specific, it starts out as a shitty gag-a-day comic but pretty quickly starts looking at the consequences of her situation and then turns to supernatural horror. Joe's art dramatically improves too.

His art wasn't terrible to begin with, but it was very early 2000s webcomic - acceptable given the competition but not anything like a professional series. It's always a joy to see an artist grow and improve over time, though, and Zebra Girl today is nothing like it was fifteen years ago.

As for the reason it remains so obscure; part of the issue, I think, is that he had a series of extraordinarily long hiatuses, each time as the comic was really getting into a groove and building readership. He's been very consistent with the weekly schedule since Sandra came back from not-Hell, though. but that arc's been ongoing for about three years, now.

It did start with a convenient recap but I absolutely recommend reading it from the beginning. You'll either lose interest, quick, or be drawn in.

Okay, I'm bothered by how attractive I find that rabbit.

Joe likes his rabbits.

Tell me about the rabbits, George.

Giant thighs and being naked below the waist may be a reason.

She's very hot, in that I-have-to-have-an-intense-internal-debate-about-oral way

I've been reading it for over ten years, ever since I discovered it in high school. I like it and I keep reading it because over the years I've gotten attached to characters and the odd adventures they find themselves in, but I can't imagine how i'd pitch it to someone else.

"The first two years are garbage but you have to read it in order to know anything about what's happening. When it stops trying to be funny it gets a lot better." Something like that, perhaps.

heey, Zebra girl thread. I'm trying to get the comic on the top10 so I'm voting for it every day, let's see if we can break it out of it's undeserved obscurity

I want to catch up with it eventually.

I'm still reading new updates, but I really need to go bad and re-read from some time before the weird hell stuff, the hiatuses really threw me off and I don't remember half of the shit that went down

Love this comic but I'm not really satisfied with the timeskip. A lot of the changes are just too abrupt. It took me until like a few pages ago to realize that Tomie can still only talk to Jack (I think?). The changes need more focus.

It's a comic that rewards paying attention, lotta callbacks and details
I've reread it multiple times in the last couple of years, it's fairly deep archives but not humongously so

>The first two years are garbage

eeeh, not quite. It grows very organically, so there's no way to separate the early rough stuff from the current high quality

Black Betty is BEST Betty.

>I'm not really satisfied with the timeskip

Also it's not really a timeskip, we never lost sight of Sandra. The gang say "She missed our adventures" because they don't know they're not the actually protagonists

please make these threads more persistently
such an underrated comic for the amount of content it has

We should AT least have one a week when it updates, yeah

could use some cannon fodder for OPTs

The time Sandra spent in Namek was actually a pretty good story

It never seemed to me that Jack tried very hard to find a way to turn Sandra back.

>that rabbit

Perfectly understandable.

Goddamn, those thighs.

If this comic gets more visibility we could get some r34

Just sayin'

This is honestly the first time I have heard of it.
>thick demon bunny girl
Think I have to check it out now.

Should warn that Betty isn't a regular character but I'm sure you'll find others you like.

She's not the only bunny lady though Mary is a little more restrained

... a little

I'm just warning user in case they start reading from the beginning, expecting bunny girls to show up early.

They do travel to Sam's furry alternate dimension early on, so there's that, but the Vorpal pook don't show up until the subfusc arc, yeah

The rabbit thing has become a lot more prominent over time. Betty wasn't introduced until the Outlands arc and Mary has appeared a grand total of twice in the latest arc, Heaven on Earth.

>Should warn that Betty isn't a regular character but I'm sure you'll find others you like.
Now that Joe's taken her out of the background, I'm pretty sure she's gonna start showing up a lot more if the guy's rabbit bias holds up.

Please god let regular threads for this comic become a thing, it's the only comic that has ever made me question Endtown's spot at the top of my favorites list.

>My fingers are set to vibrate.
Tomi knows what's up

What the hell is with Joe and rabbits?

He's a furry. His fursona is a rabbit. You do the math.

youtube.com/watch?v=7xVnAqL2i5U

Huh, someone did a fan movie back in 2006

>less than 24000 views

Which has been seen by nobody

I seem to recall some bodypaint zebra girl photoshoots, dunno if it was the same dude or not...

>Which has been seen by nobody

well duh, it's a webcomic

despite all the success stories it's still a niche

honestly, i think the best way to shill this comic would be to use one of the more interesting pages as an OP image for threads.

maybe bring it to one of the more popular boards like Cred Forums in the form of a "what lets me do X" thread or a LOL thread and wait on (You)s to start a conversation since those threads inevitably get deleted anyhow

Or a stat me thread on /tg

I don't play rpgs anymore but I find it a comfy board to lurk

Interesting, there's an official facebook page, and the comics posted there are sometimes early versions, the ones on the site might be edited but the fb ones tend to stay the same

>could be furries, watch yourself

Maybe he just can't draw..?

Oh snap, looks like Joe drew his own

This was posted on deviantart, so I'm gonna assume Cred Forums is not more prudish than deviantart

but nothing would surprise me anymore

oops forgot to spoiler tag

poor Wally

Pooks, being based on rabbits, are all about lower body buffness.

Someone post the page where Betty first wakes up. God, that fang-filled maw...is horrifying yet still hawt.

are all the badguys trying to fuck the protagonist?

Not always, but yes, this arc has a lot of sexual tension. The primary antagonist, Mike, has been infatuated with Sandra for like the past half a dozen stories and when she was banished, he went looking for her and managed to get himself turned into a vampire in the process. Bloo is the front for his machinations, but she's a very obvious Bram Stoker reference so she plays up the Dracula-style sexual menace.

He takes commissions for his characters in flagrante delicto, which is awesome. Sandra's latent lesbian tendencies are semi-canonical, though.

well time to start shopping for a fursuit

what is with the furries? Is this the same comic?

Yeah. They're actually werewolves and the rest of that arc's about saving Crystal from them.

is there alot of comic to read?

I'm kinda sorta interested

There are 730 pages to date. Notwithstanding some extended hiatuses, it's been ongoing since 2000 and, for the past several years, as full pages on a weekly schedule.

zebragirl.thecomicseries.com/comics/1/

dat tongue

Zebra Girl is one of those webcomics that I picked up in high school and never put it down again. The art gets way better and so does the story. Really glad to see this thread, Joe England should be getting some recognition he deserves.

>what cock is that crows so proudly

Mine thanks to you.

>Joe England should be getting some recognition he deserves.
Agreed, dude is just my favorite webcomic artist plain and simple.
Possibly even comic artist in general.
Maybe even favorite artist of all time.

I remember seeing a sort of autobiographical comic Joe did a long while ago.
Apparently Who Framed Roger Rabbit changed his life.

It's weird, I always thought of Tomie as male before this transformation.

I think that was intentional. What's left ambiguous is if Tomi self-identifies as female or if her physical form is a reflection of Jack's orientation.

Also, for a while I was thinking that it might be kind of a Gaius Baltar/Caprica Six thing with her existing like this entirely within Jack's perception, since I don't think she's actually interacted with any other characters in human form.

Wait what? That's from the werewolf arc? Didn't that have much better art already? I remember the alpha's transformation being rad as hell.

It was years ago so my recollection is a bit hazy, but I remember specifically that Crystal had Jack transform her into an anthro fox for Halloween and the Alpha says that's specifically what got the pack interested in her; but there was a pretty long hiatus between the start of the arc and the conclusion, and the art improved dramatically before it was finished.

Although, looking through the archives, it looks as if it was just foreshadowing a future arc at the time because Moon Games starts with Crystal meeting Wally for the first time; the Halloween thing would've been earlier than that.

>Moon Games starts with Crystal meeting Wally for the first time
So I didn't misremember. Awright.

HOLY SHIT WORDS

wow it's hard to read this

Can confirm, Doyenne references the events of an earlier arc, Zinderella, but there were about thirty comics between it and the werewolves' first introduction.

It also starts out objectively shit but it evolves incredibly rapidly

Is Sam missing his right-hand glove in that last panel?
The way it's inked it looks like it's plain fur showing, but the marks on the back of the hand are still there.
If his hand is bare there, it just makes me curious if wearing gloves that tight is a part of their religious significance.

>but the marks on the back of the hand are still there.
I think those are just his metacarpals. Showing the definition of the structure of the hand is a good artistic shortcut for reinforcing how tight a grip he's got on the rope.

>Showing the definition of the structure of the hand is a good artistic shortcut for reinforcing how tight a grip he's got on the rope.
True, the hand still looks hairy, but that does seem way more likely than focusing too much on the gloves.

so is this all /u/ or are there any actual relationships beyond the villains (male and female) wanting to fuck the MC

Nah, Zandra seems to be the only /u/ and if anything she'd be bi. Crystal has a boyfriend, Jack is all about women and Sam has his rabbit girl.

so what kinda update schedule's this shit on nowadays; by the time i stopped checking it had dropped to basically one new page per quarter.

After browsing through most of this comic, I'm not too wild about the overall art style or most of the character designs.

Rabbit's good for fetish fuel though.

Once a week by Sunday

Is there any more art of that rabbit because GODDAMN

Given the stuff he's drawn of Zandra and Crystal, I wonder if Betty cheesecake would be next up as she's used more.

Not that she isn't already cheesecake as is.

Given his proclivities, I guarantee you that he has a secret stash in the gigabyte range.

>Gigabyte range

Joe's been drawing art since the early 2000s, the secret stash is in the terabyte range at least.

I've been reading it for, what, over 10 years now? I remember it once a week, or sometimes once every couple months. Wish Joe would make merch I'd actually wear.
Okay, apparently the only merch these days is the books. I should get those next paycheck.

Oh, Sandra. Is there anything you're not a big ball of joyless repression about?

So I'm voting everyday on the top webcomics, see if I can get this thing on the top10. Cred Forums's good for little else than for stuffing online votes, and are we really going to let grrl power be better known than this?