Alright, let's talk about this guy for a bit

Alright, let's talk about this guy for a bit.

What the hell is up with him? So the twist was seen coming and most of us knew it'd be August, Barry's cop-friend, but the way this has played out has been disappointing...

So the guy got the speedforce, used it for blind vengeance and is suddenly power drunk and gonna enforce justice now? It just seems a little badly done to me IMO. There wasn't really much that told us this guy was batshit. Only that he wanted to avenge his brother's death.

That's how it starts.
>I lost my brother
>I'll have my revenge!
>now I'll use my powers to make sure nobody loses their brother!
Remember what Cred Forums thought of CWII and Spidey, that we'll see "if I support Homer, nobody will lose their uncle"?

Im getting tired of evil speedsters. Bring back Daniel West if you want to put Thawne or Zolomon on the bench for awhile

God I love the art in this comic. Godspeed kind of felt like they wanted to rush through the whole 'brand new villain' move and evil speedster without wasting Zoom or RF on the opening act. I can't wait to see how this ends and what villains show up in the following issues, I was triggered that they had all the rogues just up and leave town, but I understood why.

The thing I at least like about evil speedsters is that it gives Flash the chance to really go all out. It sorta frustrates me seeing Flash actually struggle with people who, to him, would be so slow that it'd be as if they've stopped moving.

However, I said it before that there needs to be more hax villains for Flash. I don't really get why Flash doesn't even have a gravity manipulating villain. With enough Gravity enforced on him, his speed could be slowed down to the point where he's not moving as fast.

I knew exactly where this shit was going from the first fucking issue. Dropped it on issue 3 and am disappointed to learn that I was right. If the writing is this predictable, I'm probably just gonna wait for a creative team change before picking it up again.

Well you cant really give Barry too much crap with Cold and Heatwave, both are extremes create a hostile environment. And Mirror Master uses misdirection and portals to confuse him.

I expect some kind of twist in the future, like it being the future August who's replaced the current August as Godspeed.

I was expecting time travel shenanigans as well. With the stealing speed concept introduced i thought it would play a large part in the plot. My theory was that something happened in the future where barry wasn't fast enough to save everyone like a dirty bomb in central city or something. Maybe August had travelled back in time after the accident to steal speed from the other speedsters in central city. Ultimately, when the big day arrives, Godspeed would race Flash to the bomb and purposefully lose allowing Flash to take all the speed he had amassed allowing Flash to save the day, having August die in the process.

I'm kind of sad that what we got couldn't live up to my head canon

This book being garbage was decided the moment they revealed first story would focus on bunch of new speedsters and August's fate was locked when he was first introduced.

I am still hoping for a CW like twist but alas.

Titans is a much better Flash book than the main Flash book, it's not even funny.

That would have been fine until he said he killed those others simply for wasting their potential. If you were gonna make him the villain they could have just had a secondary villain or explanation since his reasoning seemed like random.

>Godspeed
He is just Barry Hunter Zolomon than.
Both are former cops working with Barry and both good speed force power.

Zolomon never worked with Barry.

Yeah, how dare the people who just got powers a couple days ago not go out and fight crime immediately.

>So the guy got the speedforce, used it for blind vengeance and is suddenly power drunk and gonna enforce justice now?

Yes.

>Hey I have enough power to stop this shitbag and bring justice to my brother
>If I get MORE power just imagine how much more justice I can bring!

So yes, it's cliched, he's acting on emotion and not thinking it through, and he catapulted himself off of a slippery slope that normally makes more of an interesting story when we see a slow decline, but it's not like this is completely unfounded writing.

Few people immediately go straight psychopath. There was a step we missed in the character development where he was just suddenly okay with being someone who kills dozens, even hundreds of people.

It's not even cliched, it's just lazy. We're 6 issues in, there was plenty of room for this. Shouldn't have had to cram it into the last 2 issues of the arc.

Daniel West died in suicide Squad a few months back, but with rebirth who knows

Except we've been through evil speedsters for the last 3 years non-stop, including TV show.

I'm so tired of writers automatically going into Speed Force because they can't put actual work into their job and come up with more interesting ideas.

The new arc. with Shade is refreshing somewhat, I hope Williamson doesn't fuck it up again.

People also don't get god-tier speedforce powers in real life. I'll forgive them skipping a few steps.

Being okay with killing dozens of people is a psychological thing, though. The dude clearly is some kind of psychopath and it was never really shown.

If he just had a harder vigilante justice boner I could see him being an interesting antagonist considering how he was presented, but the problem is that A: we didn't need him to kill dozens of people to establish him as Barry's villain and B: the entire "here's a bunch of speedsters!" thing went absolutely nowhere.

If you take the hundreds of speedsters and just make it a handful with August killing a rogue, petty criminal speedster or something and getting more powerful from it then I could see it working. As is he's more fucking psychopathically murderous than Eobard Thawne, and with Eobard we got to see his absurd spiral into madness.

Williamson tried to make him something like Barry's Jason Todd but he flopped hard at establishing character.