Just got my first child last week

What kind of cartoons should I expose to my baby to turn them into a well adjusted human?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zmM5NmAjxBA
youtu.be/tCPnsqxDKf4
youtu.be/Ct1FPc2rGGk
youtu.be/Ok6CoIwcJ-E
youtu.be/hzxC8-HvACE
youtube.com/watch?v=dvzDXg8-Su8
youtube.com/watch?v=E5am9DQK19I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Boko no Pico

Ren and Stimpy

Harvey Beaks

don't leave him or her with youtube and the creepy nursery animations that exist on there. Otherwise let the kid's tastes grow naturally, while also encouraging watching cartoons.

Morel Orel

It's hard to find stuff for very young children, but
Baby Einsteins is great for young children
Little Bear is also pretty good because the dialogue is simple and there's tons of scenes where it's just a soundtrack
In the Night Garden would give me nightmares, but at an early age, you'd be too young to know fear (also, that opening theme)
There are a bunch of things on HBO I know were great for younger kids and made me nostalgic even when I was 10
Maybe try finding a better quality version of: youtube.com/watch?v=zmM5NmAjxBA

For older, but still young children
Bubble Guppies is a standout show
Sesame Street, even if the new stuff isn't the same as the old stuff
Word Girl is a great show
Dora the Explorer's not bad either
Try Yo Gabba Gabba

Trying to influence your kid's media consumption is fine, but there will come a point when they love something you hate. Maybe a shitty cartoon, maybe a shitty band, whatever.

Let them love that shit. Don't force your old person media down their throat if they don't want it. Being pushy will just make them rebellious. Be cool about what they like, and when they're open to it, show them your stuff.

where'd you get it from?

why don't you kill yourself instead?
that way your child won't have to live embarrassed to have YOU as a father

If he's autistic, Thomas the Tank Engine

Let them watch what they want (within reason) but have some classic theatrical stuff.
Looney Tunes
Tom & Jerry
Droopy
Tex Avery
Disney shorts
Popeye
Woody Woodpecker
Mighty Mouse

Jelly Jam.

The old Pinwheel stuff is golden
youtu.be/tCPnsqxDKf4
youtu.be/Ct1FPc2rGGk
youtu.be/Ok6CoIwcJ-E
youtu.be/hzxC8-HvACE

Congrats to your wife on her child.

Anything by Small Films, especially Bagpuss & The Clangers.

No Telly tubby barney tier cancer. Just don't it'll be falling and giving up and thinks it's okay to raise his wife's son jamalo.

Baby-todler tier
TIK TAK, Dutch tier just watch away cool artsy but child safe content.
Dora the explorer, backyardians(???, Unless Barney tier again AVOID), Felix the cat, Old timey Disney shorts, Donald Duck, No recent Mickey mouse though.

Todler to child.
Warner Brothers, Tom and Jerry, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, No courage just yet, Power Puff Grills(Unless it actually contains the SJW cancur for real), Buratino, Asterix and Obelix, Spirit, Aristocats. Pokemon. ARTHUR! Chowder, Fosters home for imaginary friends, and the likes.

Child to teenager etc.
Yu-Gi-Oh!, Courage, loudhouse, Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, The amazing Spiderman/xmen, Transformers. Jo-Jo's bizarre adventure9For the lulz) But no MOE blob tier cancur.

Mainly research the controversial episodes and content, watch some of the episodes, watch some youtube series review etc, and mainly let the child decide, don't out right ban it unless it truly is mega faggot tier cancer.

Congratulations on having your baby! May it grow big strong and healthy!

You can let it watch Steven Universe, but only if you can understand the subtext of what the characters represent(They're less empowered SJW yadayada than you might assume), but whatever.

Also avoid the "Real Life childactors shows, that shit is cucked up.

Good luck!

Show him "Hey Arnold!" once he turns 4 years old.

Don't

Otherwise, why?

Kill la Kill

This.
Same with if they hate something you love.

I watched the same Wallace and Gromit tape hundreds of times as a kid. It had 3 of their older adventures, so you might try that.

This

Crossed

Go to Toysrus or babiesrus

They got a shit ton of baby she's and nursery rhyme stuff that should help ya till he's 2

Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.

Anything you don't actually enjoy that much, because your child WILL pick a favorite that they must watch 3-4 times a day for months in a row, and you will never be able to enjoy it again.

this but I don't think you're supposed to let your kid watch shit that early on

just watch something before you let him watch it

Hentai. Nothing but hentai.

What if it's /mlp/

Creepy Zombies Finger Family
youtube.com/watch?v=dvzDXg8-Su8

Boku no Picu

warn him about the fandom, hell it would be a great time to advise the kid about/against fandoms. Other than the fandom the show is fine, honestly.

[spoiler/]it never needed a containment board it just needed proper moderation, and now we have a fucking pony boogeyman[/spoiler]

furry was burning out, they needed a new one

So they can end up like the people who did? You people

youtube.com/watch?v=E5am9DQK19I

You have shit taste
Even if you are joking

The nutshack

all the ones you were
your parents let you watch whatever when you were little, but then randomly lost their shit later on, and started restricting shit randomly, right?
just let them watch whatever they like. they wont like something if it isnt good.

I let my kid watch quite a bit
Things like Futurama or Bob's Burgers would be the most mature
He's almost 4
When i was young i always felt bored by baby-ish shows
He likes Daniel the Tiger
His favorite might be Phineas and Ferb

All the "Once upon a time..." cartoons. They might be dated in both looks and content, but it's still one of the best educational packages you could expose a child to (except Once Upon a Time... Space, which is nice sci-fi instead).

Also Insektors. Colorful and nice morals, if you don't mind reasonably subtle ecological messages. US dub is better than UK one.

Also, look at the Emmies, they have categories directed towards children. It's not spot on, but it should give you a couple ideas.

>letting little kids watch tv

This is fucking stupid OP. Make the fucker socialize and teach him or her some real life skills so they don't spend all their time on shitty imageboards. Fuck cartoons.

Fuck you
How old are you?

Bible Black

24, and I'm pretty mad at my helicopter mom who basically used vidya and cartoons to keep me quiet. And she wouldn't let me outside at all.

Sure, I watched some great cartoons but I'd rather not put my own kids through that shit.

Just remember things don't have to be one extreme or the other

>24
>wont let me outside

You're 24, the only one stopping you is you.

Congratulations!

Maybe you should check out Dora the explorer, the backyardagains, little Einstein, bubble guppies, and maybe older little kid shows. Theres a lot of awesome cartoons but you'll have to wait until the baby is older. Have fun with it, maybe even watch the shows with the baby. Don't forget to read to the little one, good luck user.

Not saying that a kid should never watch cartoons or play video games, but seeing how people are now, a bunch of worthless shits who can only post on Tumblr or some chan, there should be a limit.

I said, wouldn't as in it was in the past. Fucking read, man.

Honestly, as good of a babysitter as TV can be, don't just sit the fucker there all day and expect them to come out well adjusted.

Here's my two cents: Read with them. As much as you can, every day. TV is fine, but you need to feed a child's curiosity and mind with books -- They learn from stories, ask questions and learn language and speech from you, OP.

I personally was desperate to read as a child, and when my parents realised this they read to me every night to help me learn. I'll always be grateful for that.

Maybe expose them to some foreign material. Like a few of the Asterix movies, and the. When their older, you could let them watch it undubbed.

Congrats, OP.

This.

>implying the tv is a babysitter at all

Fucking disgusting. Almost up there with deadbeat dads and single mothers. And yes, don't even say it, I'm salty as fuck right now.

>can be
I'm not happy about it, but it's a fact that sometimes parents just need a break or to get shit done without a kid being up in their shit.

I share in that salt, man -- My parents owned a small business and worked from 8-6 every day. As happy as I honestly am for my childhood, I was a latchkey kid for a long time, around 8/9 onwards -- TV is a way to pass the time until they get back.

It's nice that you had parents, I only had my mom. My father was just a sperm donor for my lonely mom.

And sorry, OP, I didn't mean to derail your thread with my bitter outburst. I'll take my salt and venting somewhere else.

I do love the Brave Little Toaster even though that movie is dated as fuck and I would likely show that to any kid I have.

The kid can have friends and still watch cartoons. Sometimes he might even watch or talk about shows WITH his friends.

Congrats OP to you and your wife

Whatever you do, keep your kid away from Cred Forums and Cred Forums.

edgey

>there's tons of scenes where it's just a soundtrack
under-fucking-rated

This is what teaches kids that it's okay to shut the fuck up for a while and just appreciate or observe the things going on around them.

Most modern Nickelodeon should make your wifes new child grow up very balanced and aware.

How's being 13 years old working out for you?

Congrats OP, my little guy is 4 months old. He doesn't care for cartoons much yet, which is good because I don't want him being a couch potato. I usually have something going in the background and he really likes the intro to "3d Rock from the Sun" (I know that's Cred Forums). He really likes to be read to as well, get some books with big colorful pictuees. When he gets older I'm hoping to rewatch "Gargoyles" with him, it was my favorite growing up.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

WITW is Carmen Sandiego, geography
Looney Tunes, comedy
Captain Planet, cleanliness
Gummi Bears, manners/adventure
Batman/Superman/Spiderman TAS, justice and morals
Animaniacs, sarcastic morals/education

Anything else is up to you

Invader zim
Fritz the cat
Nutshack
Edddie puss the animated series

>courage
are you mad?

Fuck man I always go though this same question in my mind whenever I think of my future kids.
I guess I'd rather read to them first and get them interested in other shit that isn't shitty mind numbing media but I would love it I could watch my favorite cartoons with them once they hit the age of 5 or 6.

>golden era spongebob
>looney tunes
>hey arnold
>animaniacs
>first 2-3 seasons of fairly odd parents
>old disney animated movies
>first seasons of pokemon anime
>ghibli movies

Congratulations OP I hope you enjoy your experience rising your kid. It will most likely be a wild ride.