Rocko's Modern Life

23rd Anniversary today. Discuss without reverting to 500 posts of Wacky Delly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I4Fc-emlIHo
youtube.com/watch?v=PTOJCCuP9T4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God damn im old

I AM THE CHEESE

I remember going to the store being interested in new VHS releases and merchandise for the show, and other Nickelodeon shows at the time.

I remember very well buying the "With Friends Like These" tape at Walmart, and I was really interested in watching it. I have it somewhere.

At some point though it stopped showing often and new shows came in and Nick started changing things up, and a lot of focus went on Rugrats. The VHS area in my Walmart was overrun with it so I just said fuck it. It was fun while it lasted though.

I remember the Rugrats fad. Around a year after it came out my GameStop was holding up fliers for it to promote it, even though they weren't selling any games or anything relating to the show. It was on posters and shit, and occasionally they'd say "new game coming soon" but I never saw it.

Oh hey, forgot it was today. I'm the user from some months back who had the VHS tapes, game, and comics. I also got those digits in that post too, that was cool.

I did visit my grandma and it turns out I had some good merchandise of the show in her storage of my old stuff. Figured I'd save pictures for this anniversary thread. Some of the merchandise is in new condition as well. I'll post pictures later today if the thread is still up.

It sure was on BBC2 alright. I don't recall whether it was shown alongside Ren and Stimpy or not, though.

Nickelodeon had a great atmosphere back then.

do you have the rocko head cup?

HOW DARE YOU

I never saw much of Rocko during it's original run unfortunately. I think by the time I started watching Nickelodeon, the show had already ended so I only really saw it through the occasional rerun and when Nicktoons Network would air it during the early 2000's. Loved what I saw of it. I bought the complete series on dvd last year which I still need to get around to watching. Hoping this new movie supposedly being made ends up not being shit. I also have two issues of the comic book.

There was a Rugrats game on PS1. Your Gamestop may have been advertising that. Rugrats were huge before SpongeBob came along.

Is Joe Murray's book good? Been wanting to find a copy.

Anyone remember eastcoast USA wise when Nicktoons would air it around 2 am? I think it was around 2012 but I might be wrong

those were comfy times for me, before the nostalgia block on teennick got all the attention

Watched this show a lot on YTV. Never like it much.

Remembered an episode where the Cow tries to stay awake forever through coffee.

youtube.com/watch?v=I4Fc-emlIHo

>500 posts of Wacky Delly
Can't wait.

The cheese stands alone.

Rocko was a better show than Ren & Stimpy. It doesn't relay too much on gross out jokes.

Truly he is the greatest character on the show!

Even better than the salami and the bologna?

That includes the salami and the bologna!

Better than the salami and the bologna combined.

Rocko angrily trying to get through the storyboard read was some of the best voice acting in any cartoon in my opinion.

thems fightin words

agreed

This is still my favorite Nicktoon

Splat was showing it last night too. Even had the episode where Rocko got the job as a phone sex operator.

OH BABY. OH BABY.

It took me like ten years or something like that, but i've finally been able to watch all the episodes of Rocko's, i was missing that one were he goes to the supermarket and when he gets sick and drinks some weird medicine.

Among my favorites are the one with Filburts diary and Wacky Delly. Good times.

ROCKO?

such a common screenshot

I 'member!

MS BIGHEAD?

youtube.com/watch?v=PTOJCCuP9T4
Rainbows = Gays~

I don't. I extremely wish I did though.

I'll post the pictures soon guys. Might be neat to share, I've been looking forward to it for awhile.

While I'm getting the stuff ready, I left them in their boxes, do you guys have any merchandise? Aside from Shout! Factory DVDs.

one comic, and the game

the fucking game for this is impossible, i'm not the only one who thinks so right?

Bad luck and extreme misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity

I think the reviews online say it too. I rented it and I hardly got through level 2 before I had to bring it back.

Even online gameplays looks hard, but I haven't ever played it myself.

I-is this a timbox thread? I like Rocko but it's hard to have an old nick thread on here without that issue.

This thread looks fine.

proof of a movie?

no one cares

Was the water that amazingly detailed in the episode?

So, did you ever get the fat guy, Cred Forums?

>still haven't done it yet
I hope I don't though

It's one of those few shows i'd actually call comfy.

Rocko and his buddies weren't usually mean spirited to one another, they felt like actual friends. It felt very 90's but I still find a lot of the jokes pretty applicable even in modern times. And it never really relied on gross out humor usually.

If Rocko is on TV I'll make some time for it if i can. Always.

On their jobs website. They've got a few open positions for artists for the Rocko TV movie.

you have been charged with treason
how to you plead, Cred Forums?

That's a rocko related question? What am I not remembering?