New 52

What went right?

It gave us Dial H.

It gave us Hawk and Dove.

Azz&Chang Wonder Woman.
Didio & Giffen's OMAC.
Most of Paul Cornell's Demon Knights.
Manapul on Flash, though, less for the writing.
Dial H.
Robinson's Earth 2, although that turned tragic.
All-Star Western... I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

There were really good things in the new 52, too bad the shitty ones outweight everythin else.

Morrison's AC.

I like the designs, except for the lines.

Came here to post Dial H.
This is good too.

ULTRA MEGA IMPOSSIBLER NIGHTMARE MODE:

What went right that required a full universe reboot to happen?

I don't mind the lack of "underpants."

Nothing.
Even the shit that didn't go right didn't need a full universe reboot to happen. Just have Superboy punch time a few times and you can slot anything into existing continuity.

I only read Morrison's Action Comics, which was was pretty fun.

First arc of Batwing I thought it was great.

After that, the book just sort of limped away without going anywhere until it farted out and died forgotten, and you can say that of a good chunk of new 52 books.

They should bring back Wonder Woman's aviator sunglasses when she isn't superheroing

I, Vampire,
Valentine's Catwoman
Tomasi and Gleeson's Batdad
Gotham by Midnight
Animal man and Swamp thing
Johns' and Parker's Aquaman runs

Aquaman

A lot

>Dial H
>Animal Man
>I, Vampire
>All Star Western
>Azz Woman
>Grayson
>Valentine Catwoman
>Swamp Thing
>OMAC
>Demon Knights
>Morrison Action
>Gotham by Midnight
>Johns Aquaman
>Gotham Academy

If we're also counting DCYou then also

>Omega Men
>Midnighter
>Prez
>All Star Section 8
>Robin: Son of Batman
>Martian Manhunter
>Constantine: The Hellblazer

Wonder Woman, that's about it.

Best Superman run

Swamp Thing was pretty cool, I guess.

>Most of Paul Cornell's Demon Knights.

It was fucking awful and treated the established characters horribly.

Shazam. As much as I loved old Captain Marvel and even after how skeptical of the change I was, New 52 Shazam had a lot of heart and it's a shame that it never got an ongoing

Actually, Azz's WW run was going to happen anyway. Remember how JMS' awful WW ended with her finding a way to fix her past since in his run she was kidnapped and raised in Men's World?

To be honest a lot went right with the New 52, I would argue that a lot of the wrongs it did were because of mistakes made at the beginning, not only because of some bad teams but also because of mismanagement.

I can name some really good runs from the N52 but at the beginning it was really underwhelming, but what DC did was really commendable in trying to give the readers different books with a lot of genre variety.

Pretty much everything from the New 52 I read I really enjoyed. Thought it was a great reboot.

Except what they did to Constantine. Twice. That shit was unforgivable.

But not in the heavy greek myth format we got.

Remember it was Cliff Chiang who said it was going to be an all around tribute to WW across the various ages/eras.

The Dark universe - at first.
Some great solo books for lesser-known characters
First 16 issues of Earth 2

Basically it started very strong and then kind of stagnated because editorial hampered the development of a lot of interesting things.

It also helps that the Marvel family had been in some really dire straights before the reboot. If any characters needed a fresh reboot, it was them.

The reboot will never be forgiven for gutting Morrison's Bat Epic.

One of the most ambitious long form mainstream cape works of our era and one of our greatest creator's definitive statement on arguably the greatest comic book character in history, gets the legs ripped right out in the final 10 yards for the sake of putting #1s on the covers for a quick temporary sales grabs. For shame.

Action Comics.

Nothing.I've been reading justice league of america vol 2. recently. It's ridiculous how better it is from the shit we've been getting these years.

At least Morrison ended it with a big fuck you to DC's editorial.

Cry about it.

what

Flash had great art for a while.

Aquaman

The bat epic ending the way it was suppose to end, if you want to be mad at anything it should be to what Johns had to change in Green lantern

Holy shittaste Batman

Batman and Robin
Batman
Swamp Thing
Animal Man
Nightwing
Midnighter
Grayson
New Suicide Squad
Aquaman
Omega Men

But Johns continued GL in the new52 right where he left off didn't he? Were things really going to be different in his story if the new52 never happened?

Sure the new52 wasn't the greatest to GL after Johns left but we still got godhead which was a fun event and the second half of the red lanterns run was fantastic

Phantom Stranger.

>new 52 Nightwing
>right

I guess it's right because thanks to the fact that it was so bad and mediocre, they completely retooled it into Grayson.

It gave us many options. I started reading comics mainly because New 52 Aquaman. I tried jumping onto comics all the time before, but all of it was mediocre and never hooked me in. That's because I wasn't aware of what's good and kept coincidentally picking mediocre comics. After so many failed attempts, you usually end up stereotyping all comics as shit compared to the other mediums you enjoy such as cartoons, games, movies, etc. Only when you end up landing on that great comic where you realize, whoa, this medium has stories that are so good, they surpass those other things I like. That's when I finally fell in love. Thank you Geoff Johns and New 52 Aquaman. Since then, I've explored DC deeper both old and new stories. It just takes that one hook.

Also, art. New 52 had great art runs. I don't care if you don't agree whether the story is to your liking but these were great art runs:
>Greg Capullo on Batman
>Francis Manapul on Flash
>Andrea Sorrentino on Green Arrow
>Babs Tarr on Batgirl

I know there's more but you get the point.

I liked these.

Grayson was fun.

Yeah, it's the kind of experimentation that more New 52 books should have embraced.

Green Arrow Rebirth and the new series are great. Hope they don't fuck him up again.

The fact that this thread is full of people praising the utter shitshow that was the New 52 directly correlates to why comics in general are getting worse.

Yeah, I'm excited to see where they go with the title.

Most of this doesn't sound like praise, just acknowledging that there were good titles out there.

Well the few great titles of the New 52 don't suddenly make it a worthwhile endeavor or something that shouldn't be met with utter derision when it is brought up. Most of the titles that are remembered didn't need a reboot to happen. Also people are falling all over themselves to fellate Rebirth when it's arguably worse, so reality checks need to happen.

Also very excited for it. But honestly, for me it could end with them retiring early and living a normal life and I'd be happy.
Oliver and Dinah was basically the only superhero romance that really worked and seemed like it had a future and I'm still pissed off about what happened to them before Flashpoint.

I'm just saying that there were titles worth reading, which is not the same thing as arguing that the reboot was worth it due to these titles. I agree that Rebirth is over-fellated, and I also think people fellate the years prior to the New 52 as well.

> being a whiny batfag

kys

To be honest, I like the idea of having Oliver and Dinah dating other people, but in practice over the past few years it was maybe used well once for Oliver, and never for Dinah.

I liked the ending they got in Injustice. Maybe it's just the influence I have from starting in New 52 and Injustice but I really do think that an author must be a particularily shitty human to want to break them up now.

I think them being together helps the story quality, not because I'm a particularly big fan of the pairing, but because cape comics over the past few decades have slowly stopped using or building up new supporting casts. Them being single could be fun, but these days its pretty unlikely that they'll interact with anyone new.

>Klarion
The story was nothing special, but goddamn, that art was amazing.

Yeah, I wish they'd used the art to make Klarion a full blown fantasy title.

>we will never get a Klarion messing with Etrigan series again.

>tfw no Demon Knights/Klarion crossover

So what's 10/10 out of new 52? Omega men and?

>Black Canary
I want to like it, please tell me this is good

Dial H.

I recommend trying out the first few issues.

I like Superman's turtleneck 2bh

When DC will add more Niggerz and Spics to the DC universe?

Okay, Cred Forums, I want to read Omega Men, is there anything I need to read before reading that?

Nah, it works really well on its own.

I liked Superbro.

This.

Definitely Manapul's art on Flash; I hope he's got a stronger story idea for Trinity but still looking forward to the book just for his art.

Agents of SHADE should be on this list.

Aquaman was interesting because I'd actually never read any of his solo books, but in context to everything else and after suffering through the others, it's just crappy tropetastic unoriginal writing by both of them.

Just know that Kyle became the White Lantern at the end of John's run.

>arguably the greatest batwank material in history for the biggest batfags

Fixed, por vu

To this day that's the only new52 series I read from beginning to end.

Nothing at all

Azzarello pls

I loved Snyder'a Batman (I'm ready for the hate) and I also really liked the entire New 52 Suicide squad run.

>Valentine's Catwoman

My NIGGA.

Some of New 52 Catwoman was GOAT.

Only thing that Snyder fell flat on was Death of the Family. Everything else was solid quality.

Dr. Sivana did nothing wrong

Dial H
Swamp Thing - Rotworld was overlong, but the series as a whole is the best run that Swampy's had in decades
Sword of Sorcery, though it was a shorter series than I would've liked.

Rotworld reads fine when marathoned or in trades, which is what I did, but I can definitely see why anons who were reading it at the time were drained by the year and a half it took to finish the arc.

It made Rise and Fall and Robinson's JLA non-canon.

Yeah, that's what we said back then too. It wasn't a bad event, it just dragged terribly. Animal Man's side of it suffered more than Swampy's, I think.

Un-fucking the Marvel Family.

It helped that Swamp Thing had sub-arcs going on in his book, where he'd deal with varying threats, whereas Animal Man just had those monstrous animals getting vaguely closer for the longest time. Still, the first half of Animal Man's Rotworld was really good.

What's valentine even up to these days? I remember when we were all hyped she was going to be important for the batfam for rebirth but then she disappeared