What do the other members of the Justice League think of Cyborg? What does he think of them?

What do the other members of the Justice League think of Cyborg? What does he think of them?

It's been over 5 years and I still can't answer that question.

Well Shazam thinks he's cool, mostly cause he's the only other member at least 10 years younger than the rest.

The rest of the team treats him like an equal member, so I don't see why they wouldn't respect him.
Not to mention he has played key parts in defeating most of the JL events, which can't even be said for others like GL or Flash or Aquaman.

>The rest of the team treats him like an equal member, so I don't see why they wouldn't respect him.
It's weird. It's like outside of Shazam they don't have positive or negative views on him. He's just kinda...there.

The New 52 Justice League has problems with sterile character interactions but it really stands out with Cyborg.

Idk man do you have to say out loud to your co workers that you enjoy having them on the team every week irl?
It just ain't something that really comes up unless ya force it.

I I like to imagine they treat him the same way the Enterprise crew treats the computer.

I never feel like he ever in his life played sports in current comics.

Fucker was a college level sports star. Seriously give him his team as his supporting cast. He should be pissed that all those years amounted to nothing.

>has the prime years of his life taken from him
>is permanently disfigured
>has to hang out with 6 other people who are all stronger than him and have no downsides to their powers
>they all have as much camaraderie with him as they do with a piece of furniture

That's a supervillain origin. It makes no sense for Cyborg to want to continue hanging out with the Justice League.

Nu52borg is irredeemable. I literally cannot think of a single way to make him interesting other than "reboot him from scratch".

And the guy couldn't even vent his frustations by turning evil because all Batman would need to do is pull out a little gadget and hack him, like he always does.

Being Cyborg is suffering.

Cyborg has almost never had a good design. He came close to having a decent one in TT animated series. He looked too goddamned bulky in Flashpoint. Not feeling his look in the JL movie either.

There should be a storyline where Cyborg booms to Handegg IV in the Sports nebula and has so much fun playing football against aliens who are his physical match that he forgets about Earth and the Justice League takes 4 years to realise he's missing.

I feel like Cyborg was only ever relevant to anyone in the Teen Titans cartoon. He's just kind of... there to fill a slot everywhere else.

Mister Terrific kind of covers the whole "black tech support" angle nowadays while managing to be a more interesting character to boot, so Cyborg is even less important than he used to be.

Well arthur said something about him in the recent aquaman but he was in a bad state of mind at the time.

I dont know about losing track of time but getting to play some sports again would be fantastic.

It's just so hard to make anything of his character because nothing about him makes any sense. His origin has never been carried out well; He's an athlete, has an accident, becomes a cyborg, and then they never know where to go from there. They try to make him a tech buff, but it always feels out of place. Why is he suddenly so passionate about technology? There's never any indication he's a techy guy before the accident. Then they try to give him daddy issues, and they always take precedence over his accident.
It also doesn't help that he has no rogues. Every JL member has a set of rogues unique to them except Cy.
At the end of the day, cyborg is just an affirmative action hire.

Well they are working to give him some rogues in his new ongoing.
Otherwise you are correct.

Do you think he's noticed yet that his checks are a different color?

What did he say?

>Why is he suddenly so passionate about technology
Because it isn't the human part that live. It is the robot part that act like the human part

Cant remember something about a tried and true group i think.

Thats because cyborg's place is with the titans he just seems out of place in the league like hes beign pushed or something

It isn't Cyborg's job to think. He's there to look cool.

>never had a good design
>only exists so the bad guy can rip his arms off to show that he means business

looking cool has never been cyborgs job

Necessary black guy for tax breaks.

As a black man, I despise Cyborgs facepush.

The agenda they're hiding is painfully obvious. Of all the black heroes in DC, they chose the one without a dick.

Just look at either of the Teen Titans show where the agenda behind this worked so well: no one batted an eye when Raven x Beast Boy and Starfire x Robin were depicted while Cynopenis stood in the middle as a pillar mutilated neutrality and support.

Having Cydickless in the League prevents some daring comic writer from deciding for example that Wonder Woman gets a taste for bbc and upgrade from Superuncircumcised or Batvaginamuscleswouldcrushhiscock.

I'm sure he's had some cutesy moments with female characters asking him "How it works down there...?" but they wouldnt reduce a major female from being in that situation, effectively making a team dynamic where no one would ever fuck the black guy.

And to think, white boys are still mad Cyborg is being forced down their throats. They dont even see it's being done to protect their little dick self esteem.

He got a dick in his DCYou series though

Reis gave him a good design.

hes got a organic flesh phallus not a dick

You what they call guys who are obsessed with other guys dicks, right?

Well, DC still isn't putting Cyborg on the covers of anything, so I really figure they're gonna reboot him back into the Titans when they finish the Rebirth storyline.

>movie coming out next year

He had a dick from his first appearance as Cyborg through to when the Wildebeest Society blew him up into little bits all over Russia. We literally saw him get low blowed. We got to see people spying on the sex tapes he recorded w/ that hot doctor. Do you even read comics?

Then he got a full body back in Technis Imperative when he got the Omegadrome body.
He kept the dick in the Johns run, I think, even though nobody mentioned it and we didn't see him dating anyone.
He may have lost it in the New 52 but he's been Rebirth'd and it looks like it's back.

He said that Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are the all-star trinity.

Then Cyborg, Green Lantern, and Flash are the good soldiers, the one who can be trusted.

Then there's himself, Aquaman. A spare and an outsider.

Uh, he's always had a dick...

well he spends most of his time (when not on with JL) at STAR Labs
which is chock FULL of the hottest scientist chicks. With at least one of them always wanting his boom tube ifyaknowwhatImean.
So you know it's not all bad for him.

Actually Cyborg is the hacker of the team, not batman.

I mean someone COULD write that batman just pulls out a thing and hacks him, but it would be just terrible writing, even for cape levels.

Honestly I want this. Cyborg should grow tired of the JL, never having any connection to them whatsoever (besides being a simple co-worker) and always feeling like not belonging. Then, going into space to play some weird alien sports for 60 issues.

Having a sci-fi sports series would add variety in DC comics in general and it could be a much more needed change to Cyborg's character.

>As a black man, I despise Cyborgs facepush.
Okay, Priest.

I always thought Cyborg should have started as a founding member of the Titans and then, being hired to the JL as a second wave member based on his merits. There's even a nice parallel to do with his sports background. He just seems so out-of-place with being placed as a founding member of the JL.

If they wanted a diversity hire they should have picked Blue Beetle or Static.

Static was too busy having a comicbook that lasted like 8 issues.
and Blue Beetle was busy doing the exact same story arc as original 00s run, except much shittier version.

Mr Terrific you mean

>muh JSA

nah it's fine

Please you know how much more of a bitchfest Cred Forums would have been if Terrific was a starting member of JL?

I mean everyone was losing their shit when Powergirl was his fuckbuddy, and things looked to be going good for him.

Which is a retarded plot and its the part of his series i am least excited for.

I don't care about Cred Forums. It's about reading comics with a likeable character rather than a worthless nothing like Cyborg.

Yeah.
I could especialy never buy somebody completly unfamilar with there new powers going up against apokalips and surviving.
That one war story set during that battle was great though.

>Mister Terrific
>Likeable character

Youre missing the point. Hes completely nonsexualized

it.doesnt matter that he has a dick. he doesnt have a dick!

Mr Terrific would never get to do anything on the Justice League because god forbid another character steps on Batman's toes.

What are you talking about?
Like I know you're trolling, but at least try to make sense in shitposting.

Still mad he fucked your waifu?

Blue Beetle and Static are too good to be in the Justice League. They should be headlining the Titans book. Give the Justice League Vixen or someone else.

More like mad he caused the brother eye cyborg zombie apocalypse.

Vixen was in JLA or was it JLU in n52

Whatever comic was the one where Adam Strange was suck inside the zeta beam and became the understanding of future events plot device that was kinda stupid but still pretty okay.

If anything, Cyborg just doesn't deserve to be a founding leaguer. He doesn't have any rogues, his powers are boring, and he doesn't have the legacy the others do.
Zatana on the other hand
>unique villains
>unique powers
>literal, in world legacy
>bangin' bod
She makes so much more sense as a founding leaguer, or at least a roster replacement for Cyborg.

>Miss living-off-the-legacy-of-her-dead-dad
>unique

there are literally 3+ of her family with the exact same power and setup

also does she actually have any villains? I legit can't think of any

I hate this pasta

I want Martian Manhunter back

Like we can have Cyborg but give me MM even if all he does is AHHHHHHHAHUUAH

Yeah as much as I love Michael this would be the problem.

Well actually, I dunno. Johns might not've played it that way, but Bats and Mr. T would definitely constantly be butting heads.

Maybe Michael could've splintered off and taken some leaguers with him, back when they had small-timers like Firestorm on the team.

I actually think Martian Manhunter is back on the team, they just haven't done anything with him.

Like I'm legit trying to remember what he is up to at the moment.
First he was on the JL sometime during the timejump, then he quit and mindwiped everyone so they forgot.
Then he was on Stormwatch, but after a while quit and mindwiped everyone so they forgot.
Then he was on JLA, but that all went to shit.
Then he might have been added to JL or JLU?
And then he had his own comic where he was split into like a dozen personalities, and had to fight himself and choose between Mars and Earth before a clone of Mars crashed into Earth and replaced it and he had to fuse with himself to form Mecha Martian Manhunter and fight himself. ... That was a wild ride.

But I don't think he's been shown since Rebirth, so idk where he is.
But he might be on JL

What was this even about

You guys do know there's going to be a second Justice League title, right? Put theses two on JLA and problem solved.

Have Michael and J'onn had many interactions in the past? Like, ever?

I feel they'd get along extremely well for some reason.

Disagreement?
Maybe they found out he was gonna mindwipe them and they were like 'fuck that" and then one swing lead to another

Black Lightning > Mister Terrific > Vixen > Static > Steel > Cyborg

And I only put Steel so low because doubling up on Supernan characters this early isn't the best idea.

MM is too powerful

although that rubber guy can do this too he might be one of the strongest dc characters honestly

shut up, you jive turkey.

Outside of Superman and Batman's true friendship, I can't really say what most people think of each other in the League outside of mutual respect.

But what about Black Vulcan? aka "fuck giving the guy who created Black Lightning money"

I think Batman and Flash have a decent respect for each other both being in the field of science

The "n word" as they say. Rest of the League weren't too happy about it.

Hal and Barry are best buds.
WW is friends with everyone, and used to bang n52 supes (RIP in peace)
I don't think anyone is close friends with Aquaman, which adds to his "everyone underestimates me and irrationally fears antlantean" biz that keeps happening in Aquaman runs
I don't think Shazam ever gets too close to anyone in JL cause nobody ever friggin knows he's Billy Batson.
I think Flash and Superman are friendly enough that everyone is friends with them.
Batman is kind of a dick, but there is always respect.

Nah, Pierce's role as a father and prominent leader in his community is what would really make him stand out as a unique member in the League.

Hey that's pretty cool. I'd bet Batman and Martian Manhunter probably liked each other's detective skills too. Maybe Aquaman and Wonder Woman also share some sort of empathy for both being royal?

I've never seen too many comics with Batman and Martian Manhunter interacting as fellow detectives.

The one that does come to mind is Justice League New Frontier.
In which Batman just shows up at his apartment and is like "I know we're both working the same case and probably on the same side but I'm not gonna trust you. So watch yourself cause it cost me thousands of dollars to be prepared for Superman but I just need to set you on fire."
Obviously paraphrasing a really cool line but fuckit.

That's exactly what I was thinking of. Is it really the only time? I felt like they could have made more use of that aspect. What wasted potential. Oh well, maybe I could use it for one of my own stories then.

>"fuck giving the guy who created Black Lightning money"

I think Johns smoothed stuff over with Isabella. It's why they're doing trades and the TV show now. But it is a recent change and not something they could have done when the new 52 decisions were being made.

Speaking of reworking the league roster, whatever happened to element woman and....... Gold Rush?

Unless Element Woman showed up in Metamorpho's recent mini, she's been in limbo since the Justice League went up against the Doom Patrol

>Her father's legacy
That's part of what makes her interesting. You have some characters comparing her to Zatana, others couching for her because of him. It has more story potential than Cyborgs daddy issues.
But since you don't even know her villains you clearly shouldn't be saying anything
>brother night
>Circe
>Abnegazat, plus any other demon or supernatural being
>Cain
>Doctor Light with a personal vendetta
And they Can even make new evil wizards for her to fight, which would all be Unique to her. What villains could they make for Cyborg that would be different from the other leaguers. Superman has monsters, GL has aliens, Batman has Crime lords and psychopaths, Wonder Woman has Greek gods and Monsters, Flash has... Jobbers basically, and Aquaman has Atlantean villains. There's just nothing for Cyborg.

I meant Black Vulcan from the old Superfriends show.
Who was literally created because they wanted to use Black Lightning but either didn't wanna pay the creator of the character or some other reason they were told no.

Element Woman was shown once more when she was on Doom Patrol's team.
But she hasn't been since and prolly won't be part of the new Doom Patrol comic so ... left to die in obscurity.

I don't remember who Gold Rush is supposed to be.
Do you mean Booster Gold?

Circe is a WW villain first I believe
Doctor Light has been completely changed in n52 so that's gone.
Cain was killed off or something in all that I Vampire biz, but I don't think that's really canon anymore?

Brother Night I can't remember if used in the Constantine n52 comics yet so maybe he's still around to fight her.

>Just look at either of the Teen Titans show where the agenda behind this worked so well: no one batted an eye when Raven x Beast Boy and Starfire x Robin were depicted while Cynopenis stood in the middle as a pillar mutilated neutrality and support.
The fuck are you talking about, he was getting with Bumblebee AND Jynx. Update your pasta, user.

Plastic Man is more durable... But who would win in a cage match?

That gold plated chick that was in JL tryouts. Was she supposed to be something or?

depends on who shapeshifts into the cage before the match

Do you mean Platinum of the Metal Men?

Nope. Im guessing she was supposed to be a new character but I guess they dropped her

Dunno about the comics but I think the two have interacted in JLU where they both served as mission control?

What about Bruce and Barry doing there?

>Why is he suddenly so passionate about technology?
Because it's keeping him alive and allowing him to be more than a black remake of Johnny Got his Gun.

Source

>Barry: "Hold me back, bro. Hold me BACK!"
>Batman: "Flash you and I both know you're literally pocket protector level geek, so don't act like you're street tough ... Lets just stay out of the line of fire for all the people with long range weapons."

Martian manhunt is close to batman, he is almost outsider tier

This idea is really good and it's disappointing that more people haven't commented on it.

Cyborg doesn't interact with ANYONE on his teams.
He's complaining that Cyborg never dated any girls in his team.

Alright, make her black and we're good.

Even though he's been shown to interact with people like Power Ring and Shazam.
And while he doesn't date Wonder Woman he is getting good black science hottie booty in the Cyborg comic?

He's dating a literally who and he hardly interacts with fan favorites like Sups,Bats and WW.

Replace Stewart with Hal
Make Aquaman black and add him to the team.

You now have the best JL team.

So you're saying that a character has to date a well known character (even if them in a relationship doesn't make sense) and hang out with only these certain well known characters, before he is considered good?

By that thinking Jonah Hex wasn't an okaycharacter until like 3 years into his n52 run where he gets sent into the present and deals with Superman and modern Gotham shit.
And even then he isn't good because he didn't hook up with Black Canary or someone like that while he was there.

What?
Aquaman wasn't black in JL.
I'm not even sure Aquaman is black in the racebender Earth where Superman is the black president.

And of course, there's the Hal/Bruce rivalry/friendship.

Cyborg has tech-based villains. Which for some reason, always seems to mean robot hackers, but could mean a lot more (mecha, nanobot plagues, liquid metal shit, luddite EMPs [think Toko Ghost], cyberpunk upload shit).

It's still hilarious that Batman is white on that world.

I always liked that, cause they are pretty much literal opposites.
Batman is the brooding, calculating, stealth man who's entire design is to move through the shadows and strike fear into the hearts of his enemies.
While GLs are these arrogant, impulsive, shine brightly like a green police siren to stop the fear spread by criminals.

Batman's old money.
A superman who is the black president by day is more believable than a man coming from old money that isn't a legacy of white history.

Yeah but that arc was awful and made no sense and was nothing like any Mr. Terrific written before.

Even ignoring that it's an alternate future, it's like being mad at Max Lord for everything post-IC. Character assassination is shit.

>Tech-Based villains
What the fuck does that even mean. What villains doesn't make use of technology to an extreme degree. Every single one of batman's villains is a tech fiend. Robots and Androids belong to superman (see: Lex Luthor, Metallo) Flashes gets Mirror Master, Boomerang, Captain cold, all genius inventors.
What could a "Tech-Based villain" do that isn't already dominated by any other villain in the DC universe.

For your Batman and Superman argument: like saying Wonder Woman and Flash and Green Lantern already cover magic, because they have Circe and Abra Kadabra and Myrwhydden. Anyway, there's a difference between utilizing technology as a means to an end, and focusing on technology exclusively as your power/method. Also:
>Cold
>Mirror Master
>Captain fucking Boomerbutt
>genius inventors
Also, why the fuck did my Captcha just show a picture of a bike.

user if you put them on the Titans then they wouldn't be good anymore

Why is he even on the JLA?

He was popular in the Teen Titan show and fills the role of the token black guy.

There's a whole comic I don't have, but basically, there's two main reasons: One, they wanted to add a black character to the JL, and the only other one with media presence (and thus normie recognition) at the time was John Stewart, but obviously Johns wouldn't allow that. Two, Johns is a huge fan of the old Super-Friends show, which had Cyborg.

There auctualy fixing cyborgs villan problem in his new ongoing.
Tech stuff mostly.

WW and Aquaman are definitely bros, they fought Hercules together in an Aquaman issue. I definitely feel they share the 'magic royalty ambassador of a secluded land' respect, though Arthur carries that weight more than Diana

Just steal half of supes robots

Wait but I really like JL Cyborg. His bro-ship with Shazam and the Metal Men always works really well. Also he keeps Batman from being too godly. Seriously, having an actual alien tech guy is a good addition rather than having 'definitely just a normal human' Bruce Wayne learn about alien frequencies, hacking robots or resetting Boom Tubes. Cyborg is good just to ground Batman.

But also I feel those two are respectful of each other, Bats tends to call about alien tech problems a lot, Cyborg is like 1 on his speed dial. He really doesn't have too much dynamics though, I think him and Aquaman could be a good team up, and honestly I'd be hyped about a Cyborg Martian Manhunter team, stress that shapeshifting Cy had in his DCYou so they both go crazy with shapeshifting nonsense.

I dunno, I like Cyborg. I liked MM but him spending time with Stargirl wouldn't have happened if he stayed in the JL. We take the good and the bad i guess

cyborg's only like 5 years younger than everyone but Batman (and I guess SuperDad now).

It's happened like 3 times. Batman beats everyone.

She's already Italian. Do you want to throw some Irish in there, too?

I don't think they have an Aquaman on that Justice League. In Morrison Action run, Vixen was at least suggested as being main team. I'm not even sure they showed white Bats but I can't be fussed to look it up.

Why not just a simple big guy: super strong, kind of slow moving, invulnerable. "What are you gonna do? Hack me?"

>they fought Hercules together in an Aquaman issue.

That sounds awesome. You remember which it was?

Shit like this is why I'm never gonna buy Cyborg as Justice League material.

It would be like if Batman beat the Flash by running faster than him, or Aquaman by being better at swimming.

Why should I care about Cyborg if the writers won't even let him have his thing. For fucks sake even Robin hacked Cyborg.

Oh yeah I remember that.
It was during the Maelstrom run of the N52 stuff.
basically some professor finds some antlantean runes and it turns out to be a portal to where a bunch of monsters were shoved in before said monsters could unleash their version of pandora's box.

Was actually pretty cool.

They forgot about Mr. Terrific

No he was busy being in his own ongoing and later busy being part of the shitty Earth 2.

Thanks buddy. Looking forward to normies getting introduced to Aquaman. Can you imagine if his sales were boosted to Harley level after the movie? (Batman level is too optimistic I think, but that would be even better.)

Still wish movie Aquaman was blond.
As long as that doesn't influence the comics and cause Aquaman to change like they did Harley I'm perfectly fine with normies jumping into Aquaman during any run.

Jesus Christ I'd read this in a second.

Hell, you can even have Justice League members try to win him back by talking to him as a comrade rather than a co-worker. Y'know. Actual character interaction. Maybe Barry could take him and Billy to a football game as a show of friendship (Top seats paid for by Bruce). I'd say Clark could go with, but newoldClark doesn't know anything about his new co-workers so whatever.

I'm just hungry for actual humanity.

He has humanity.
He's had an old friend take him out and be buddies with him in his comic.

People keep acting like it HAS to be him spending his free time for the JL to count.
I mean you don't see people going "why doesn't Bruce hang out with Barry during his freetime?"

I expect aquaman will be the breakout character of justice league and even if the film is shit he will at least get to jump hella high so people will stop thinking he is useless out of the water.

>megalodons
>megalodons everywhere

Hell yeah.
It'll be like WW during the end of BvS where she joins in on the Doomsday fight.
Where she comes down and blocks his blast, and her fucking theme music blairs in and the whole theater gets hype
and as a comicbook fan you're sitting there like "they did it ... they got casuals hype for WonderWoman"

Hm, less HAS to spend time with them and well. Guess all the years of the Justice League members having actual opinions of one another, it's disheartening to see them act like punch-clock coworkers. Das all

Have they ever done a "Ghost in the Shell" type arc for Cyborg where he's unsure just how much of his personality/character actually survived the accident and the Motherbox and how much control the robot side of him has over his organic mind?

I think that's what the first Rebirth arc is doing

I know, right! I'm hoping Aquaman 1v1's Steppenwolf to a standstill, but maybe Steppenwolf does something that gives him an edge. Then when Superman comes in and finishes him off, it looks even better.

Why not?
Hal literally mentions that his usual Cosmic shit is so bananas, that he treats JL shit like downtime.

Not to mention most parts of JL, like monitor duty, is just really 9-5 "not fun but has to be done"

He does plenty in Johns JL run.
Hell one of the stories in his JL run has the team go stop a villain who opened some mystic cavern or some bullshit, and the team gets confronted with ghosts or dead people they feel emotional about (it turns out that it is just an illusion meant to fuck with them and none of the phantoms they fight are really ghosts). In that part Cyborg actually has to fight his own ghost, which is the villain feeding off Cyborg's worry that he really just a machine pretending to be his former self.

Because He's batman

Nah what if they're a big city wide brawl, and while Aquaman is 1v1ing someone like Steppenwolf, the villain starts to get the upper hand (maybe all the fighting on land around fire is starting to tire out Aquaman and dehydrate him)
And then Superman (by pure coincidence) punches some Parademon through a watertower, and the water inside just pours onto Aquaman and Steppenwolf, and Aquaman turns that fight around rejuvenated and maybe using a big of water magic.

Dude it's Batman. The writers always bend over backwards for him.

IIRC

MMH was part of the JLA which was an American countermeasure for the JL, MMH was the failsafe against Superman, but after finding pandora's box, it makes everyone crazy and angry and they start to fight each other, right before the Crime Syndicate arrive for the Forever Evil arc.

They treat him like shit because he a no good dirty half robot.

That's not it. New52 MMH was doing the whole "I only joined you to spy on you" for his team at the time, Stormwatch. This is the fight after they found out about it. JLA wasn't even a thing when this happened.

>Aquaman didnĀ“t played key parts
yea, except stabbing fucking Darkseid in the skull