So are these Cred Forums's "Big Three"?

So are these Cred Forums's "Big Three"?

For action cartoons, sure.

What would it be for comedy cartoons?

Gumball and Ed Edd 'n' Eddy. Dunno about the third.

The Simpsons, Futurama, The Critic

maybe Futurama, maybe ATHF, maybe classic Looney Tunes

And Gumball and Ed Edd Eddy are both fantastic, but are they truly the top 3?
The list is so much longer for comedy cartoons, that I think it'd take quite the debate.

I nominate Gravity Falls but it's more of a mystery show I guess?

Early Spongebob. Early Simpsons, and Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

If Cred Forums was being honest, and considering the shifting age demographics, Teen Titans would overtake BTAS, and Steven Universe would overtake Jack.

BTAS, Duckman and The Critic

I'm pretty sure OP is talking about quality, not popularity. No one here would argue that the three series in the OP are anything less than great and be taken seriously. It's like an automatic flag that someone is trolling. Whereas with Teen Titans most people think it's really good but it's not in the same unassailable position as Avatar or B:TAS. Steven Universe is not anywhere near as good as Teen Titans, let alone the other three.

PPG, B:TAS, Samurai Jack

Courage, Dexter's Lab, Spongebob

Gumball is well-liked, but too new.

Early Spongebob would be a better fit.

I'd argue Early Spongebob, Looney Tunes, and perhaps Futurama or Early Simpsons

>Looney Tunes

Winner. For as many pop culture references it has from the 30s, 40s, 50s, etc., it's still truly the one timeless cartoon.

I thought about Looney Tunes, but discounted it on the basis of it being a collection of shorts rather than a show.
Likewise Spongebob; it feels kind of dishonest to separate the earlier seasons from the later.

But that's wrong. Would you say the same thing about PPG? The old one was god tier, the new one is tumblr.

Are there really that few quality action cartoons that we're including an overrated show like Avatar? Not to mention the fact that a full quarter of the episodes of both Batman and Samurai Jack are legitimately bad?

EE&E, Futurama, and Duckman.

>few quality action cartoons
>shows that i dont like

It had its flaws but if you think Avatar was anything less than stellar overall you are straight up as dumb as a fucking post.

Also, even supposing you are correct that those shows had a bunch of bad episodes, do a handful of bad episodes somehow negate a majority of amazing episodes? Fuck off, idiot.

I feel Batman should excluded for not airing during Cred Forums's existence

>Steven Universe is not anywhere near as good as Teen Titans

Haha, nope. TT is massively overrated if anything. Its babby's first dramatic show.

Its not that Avatar isn't great, its more like..is that really all the competition there is? I mean, the top tier of BTAS episodes blow anything Avatar ever did out of the water(though Avatar was more consistent overall). In part I think because Cred Forums grew up in part with Avatar its become this sacred cow on this board.

Korra made TLA retroatively better

I feel that had it had more seasons, this show would've been a strong contender.

There's only one

Looney Tunes, Spongebob and Ed, Edd n Eddy

I wish there was a word for something that was funny, sad and true.

It's what your post is.

>I mean, the top tier of BTAS episodes blow anything Avatar ever did out of the water

That's an asinine thing to say. They had completely different goals and strengths. None of the fights in BTAS ever matched up to Avatar, while no individual episode of Avatar matched up to the masterful episodic storytelling in BTAS, while BTAS never even attempted something as long-form as Avatar's second season arc. You're comparing apples to oranges and acting like a retard.

No love for GL TAS?

>Big Three
Doesn't that imply that those are overrated cartoons? That's what the big 3 implies for anime.

We're just waiting for the next season that they setup and foreshadowed.
Until that is shown cause it totally will, the judgement is reserved.

It's time to let go user

Never touched samurai jack
Is it good, and anyone got a link ?

It was better when you were a kid and had never seen anything like it before

LALALALA I CAN'T SEE THAT.
LALALA TOTALLY GONNA GET BLACKEST NIGHT BIZ AND BLUE LANTERN RAZOR WILL BE AWESOME.

But when uses the phrase "Big 3" on Cred Forums, people are often talking about Anime.

I've never heard that term, then again I'm usually on Cred Forums not Cred Forums.

We got a Big 2, which is of course DC and Marvel

>No TMNT 2003

Objectively Big 3 should be

South Park
Samurai Jack
King of the Hill

Swap Batman with Justice League/JLU and it's spot on. It was consistently better.

Not mine

>All these replies
>No one mention Tex Avery shorts

I mad.

replace Avatar with Home Movies and okay.

Not enough waifus and lore.

v. strong contender here

Most people treat that as part of Looney Tunes.