Literally SJW the show

>Literally SJW the show

In episode 7 of season 2, Diane outs obvious Bill Cosby stand-in Hank Hippopopolus as a rapist. She's immediately treated like dog shit and harassed. She's told to drop it and everyone continues to love Hank and his show.

This is pretty much the exact opposite of what happened with Cosby. Everyone immediately realized "Oh, shit, this guy is probably a rapist, there are like 30 women making independent accusations, etc" and everyone immediately dropped him (including Netflix, which bank rolls BJH).

This episode paints the world as one that persecutes feminists and treats any woman who "speaks out of line" like garbage, which is pretty much the opposite of the western world right now. I have nothing against feminism or gender equality, but I think it's a strawman to act like the western world is still against them. It broke the tone of the show and felt really forced. I LOVE BJH, but I was bothered by this. It felt like an appeal to SJWs and to those who have a persecution complex.

Diane is SJW the character

The makers of the show explicitly stated that it was not supposed to be only about Cosby.

So it must be true

does not really matter tho, considering everyone is a mess, including the SJW Diane

Reminds me of the strawman chicken/pro-vegan episode that made me drop the show

She's a mess when the show isnt pushing SJW political statements like the abortion episode

>abortion is an SJW issue
Okay, so this was a troll thread.

My stomach dropped when Diane did that fucking feminist rant in the early episodes, I knew what kind of show it was going to turn into.

They way they handled it was very SJW and its just one example of many

I mean by definition almost everything is a social justice warrior issue. It literally just means an issue for someone who fights for less injustices. People just use it as a derogatory

Why are you posting this here OP? This is Cred Forumsumblr now, theyre not gonna agree with you

>I have nothing against feminism or gender equality
Those ideas are against each other.

The entire point to Diane is that she just spouts that shit because she thinks it makes her more important than she actually is. She wants to be a better person by standing up for all those hot topics.

But she isn't. She's just patting herself in the back and it's painfully clear when she actually goes into REAL world problems and runs away instantly with the first excuse she had at hand.

You see, thats were I draw the line. For me, shit like that passes past feminism and goes into sexism. Most people who think theyre feminists these days are just cucks and sexists, including the creator of BJHM. Most, but not all ofcourse

But those ideals she tries to push are still pushed onto the viewers. The veganism, the feminism, all that SJW crap. Thats shown to be whats RIGHT and Diane is seen as a failure whenever she doesnt adhere to those teachings.

Oh, but shes a hero when she does.

HOW COULD THEY JUST ASSUME I WATNED WATER

I like the humour but the show uses strawmen way, way too much for a show thats meant to be "smart"

still a great show tho

I can see how one could look past it, and I did in season one. Halfway through season 2 and all of season 3 I just couldnt. Talk about preachy. Such a shame.

Dude celebrities rape loads of people and it stays covered up. Who was that famous British night club guy who diddled loads of kids and handed out kids to other people? Fucking Pedowood and Dan the Man Schneider exists. If you think people perfectly willing to diddle kids aren't also diddling women and men without consent and having it covered up you're being silly. It's one of the few areas of society where feminists have a bit of a point.

Besides, it was less about the actual issue itself and more about Diane using it. She's a social justice warrior and her personality is as explored as everybody else on the show.Diane wants to be a good person but she's also very into riding the wave of hot button issues to feel like she matters. It's all done for her ego.

This guy got it pretty good. She fucking ran away from a war torn country to go back to blogging in comfy America.