I run a program for at risk teens and we use a lot of entertainment (comicsfilm etc.) to promote conversation...

I run a program for at risk teens and we use a lot of entertainment (comics\film etc.) to promote conversation. In particular I'm looking for two types of panels: supervillains being shown as sympathetic and panels that depict characters acting against-odds. All replies appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lJq2PAI-Fxc
youtu.be/w4OdIOGBW2Q
salon.com/2016/05/18/marvel_is_ruining_superhero_movies_corporate_synergy_is_a_poor_substitute_for_artistic_vision/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>supervillains being shown as sympathetic

Injustice Harley could be a good example

I feelnsp bad for someone who helped nuke a city wiping it off the face off a planet.

>I run a program for at risk teens

Translation: I send out kids to harass people to buy $0.88 candy bars for $5.

Not the point of OP tho

Can't go wrong.

I wish I had the page but here.

>panels that depict characters acting against-odds
I don't think I have it, and if I did I wouldn't spend the time to look for it in my mess of folders, but the first five pages of Amazing Spider-Man #33 are quintessential for this.

Spoilers for Hitman

I see your threads every now and then, user. I trust the Cred Forumsmrades have been good to your overall and your work to help kids is going well.

Amazing Spider-Man 617.
Eventually ends with the Rhino going back to being a villain and swearing revenge on Spider-Man, but fuck me there are some great scenes in that part of the Gauntlet

what kinda odds we talkin' about here?

poor superman, how can he fight against this plebian interpretation of his art?

You're doing good work, OP.

Kid Loki's Journey into Mystery series ends with the kind of futile reset to status quo, but most of the run is about Loki redeeming himself. It's pretty fantastic.

Pretty sure you vould use this somehow, OP.

Rven the King of the Monsters is outmatched sometimes.

Batman in this page: " I'm helping guys!"

lol

>Posting the edit

user come on!!

fuck you i'm godzilla

>smek

Last issue of Omega Men (especially the very end)

youtu.be/lJq2PAI-Fxc

>no one posted WSFaTJatAW yet

Where's this from?

Hitman user.
Says so in the post.

Hitman...

youtu.be/w4OdIOGBW2Q

Even Satan finds freeze sympathetic.

AND YOU SEE A BLUR AROUND YOU FLY
IT TAKES TOO LONG
IT SEEMS SO SLOW TO ME

What volume/issue is this from? Cause damn.

It's New 52 Wednesday Comics. I think the whole series was collected in one or two trades.

hasn't Harambe suffered enough without Necksnapper and Killer Bat humiliating him like this

he was trying to protect that boy, he was just a gorilla, not a supervillian

why are you so angry, Texas

did you webcomic faggots even read the OP?

DAMN

>Flash strapped to a table and gagged
>I've electrocuted you a little bit
Based Harley.

Doom's great for these scenes. The page with him overpowering Purple Man is awesome too.

lol, nope, I'm off teasing Tony Stark now! And when they bring me back in time for the film, I'll be black because synergy! Marvel!

Have some Geoff John.

Here The GL Corp inspire the whole city and go to battle against the Sinestro Corps.

And All the hero against Necron, the Cosmic Death.

And Here Hal Jordan is finally letting his grief go.
I found this one inspiring.

>Spoilers for Hitman
Gee user. How could anyone know?

Well worth the magic trips.

How did he lock the door from the outside?

all this quinn posting seems more apt to be used at a domestic violence place

but I suppose troubled teens typically come from fucked up domestic situations.

You don't know what synergy means.

I know, but OP said villains as sympathetic, and no one is sympathetic as Harley... Well used to be anyway

>loki, I....

Didn't realize it was a handsome face comic

Man everyone is shit in Injustice huh? Even Batman's side does awful stuff like this.

Now she's evil, lol

Why the Flash doesn't just vibrates out of there?

Paralyzed from the neck down

any origin material for supervillians really humanizes them.
dr. doom and magneto are the ones I can come up with on top of my head.

usually the origins justify the nature of the supervillians by being a product of their environment and circumstances.

Anyone have a link to a scan? I don't think I've read this one.

Yeah, but most of what I posted isn't origin but rather Harley having self-realization moments

Some people put autolocks on doors because they're very forgetful people.

What the fuck did he do to deserve it? Weren't Harley and Zattana part of the "good guys" in the Injustice universe?

Not a panel exactly... but a brilliant little scene.

Even a miserable little nobody can stand up to evil.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8C4-SrlptE

Cred Forumsmrades helping OP, very touching.

Flash even after seeing the Australian kid getting crippled by Supes and Wondy and doing nothing, after discovering that the kid was a big fan of his, he still supported Superman and that made Bats realize that Flash was gone and needed a little "help"

>Not expecting Thor to be handsome
Nigga get out

I unironically think of these pages whenever I have to do something that seems too hard at first

>Injustice Harley could be a good example
Except for, you know, where she helps the Joker trick Supes into murdering Lois and their unborn child, which also nukes metropolis. At the start of the comic.

Everyone always seems to forget about that part.

Yeah, but she does she part in fix that shit, if you are most of Injustice Harley is her realizing the shit she did and what she can do to fix it.

This hits me really fucking hard every time I read it. I'm 22 and my father's 73. While he's super healthy for his age, the idea of him developing Alzheimers or something and forgetting me is terrifying.

Yea there's no fixing what she did.

That doesn't mean she can't try

Steven Universe; Jasper's final arc and corruption at the end of season 3.

From the way she was introduced at the end of season 1, suddenly the arc gave her a whole lot of new backstory and motivation, essentially showing her in a completely new light

Holy shit, are you on some Mormon fundamentalist compound or something? That's a HUGE age gap between you and your father.

Lots of people have old parents familia.
I'm 25 and my dad is creeping up on 75. Then again I'm the baby of the family and was for sure a surprise kid.

I'M COMIN HOOOME
OH YEAH
I'M COMIN HOOOME

>we could have had a comic about SuperLex trying to live up to Superbro's legacy
>instead we get Reign of the Supermen II: Jurgens' Revenge starring the living embodiment of nostalgia pandering
Rebirth was a mistake.

Yeah, from flashbacks and stuff it's pretty obvious that Injusticeverse was more fucked up than the main universe even before Joker nuked Metropolis.

I don't understand the context, but the paneling reminds me of these comics I used to read in the New Yorker a bunch. It's really grabbing. What's it from?

It's not exactly going against odds, but I find this short oddly inspirational.

Fucking goddamn.
That's the funniest thing I've read all week.

Wait what?

What ever happened to this comic?

>hillary_clintons_fever_dreams.jpg

You are inspired by a millennial's fetish propaganda cartoon about badly drawn noodle arm girls fucking.

So... congrats, I guess.

Yeah, someone post the real version! With the happy ending! This edit is too depressing!

>noodle arms

Wrong show

salon.com/2016/05/18/marvel_is_ruining_superhero_movies_corporate_synergy_is_a_poor_substitute_for_artistic_vision/

Oh, I don't know, sempai. I think I get the gist of it just fine. :^)

I'm not particularly familiar enough with the actual issues to recommend specifically to you, but I'm helping someone who works with at-risks youth who are being physically (we're talking non-sexual BTW) abused at home and also, coincidentally works with kids dealing with bullies, and has did stuff that wasn't that well received (by the kids) about bullying about 3-4 years ago for his district JHs and HS. (The kids thought they were being talked down to and that his references were 'dumb' or essentially dated.)

My brain immediately jumped to Flash Thompson, who's probably complicated because I know from Wikia and panels that's he's had a drinking problem as an adult, and I could find any panels that actually showed or talked about him being bullied.

He's not quite a supervillain but he's definitely someone who plays a role in Peter Parker's life (before and after) becoming Spider-Man who eventually is redeemed and even becomes heroic.

Not sure if that helps you and other anons (who aren't as stuck on a certain clowngirl) can offer specific issues. There's a lot of text, but not a lot of examples, but Spider-Man has a huge back catalogue.

HAwkeye. The comic is fantastic. The story revolves around Clint Barton as a person than an Avenger. I love it

There is style of door nab with a turn-tab. When the tab is up the door can only be opened from one side. Normally you don't forget to turn the tab on your way out, but sometimes you run outside in a panic and lock yourself out.

Every place I lived in has them, but it might just be a regional thing.

Much of Geoff Johns' Flash run has sympathetic villains -- the Rogues, particularly Captain Cold. Here's one page of him.

what exactly harley did to her?

Damn, that's a great scene.