Can a good Christian comic exist?

Can a good Christian comic exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5PN_85ZQJlc&ab_channel=RandomFandom
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>creator
>good
Pick one faggot

Do you mean comics that deals with themes relevant to Christianity, comics to do with Biblical tales or historical periods in which Christianity played a significant cultural role, or comics written by Christians, for Christians?

Could Bible Man beat Batman?

The Spectre exists.

>wrath of god
>good

Source?

Yeah, this thread is kinda nonsensical. If you wanna read Christian characters go for Daredevil and Nightcrawler. Catholics 4 lyfe.

Serenity

A comic with Christian values that isn't preachy, sure. An explicitly Christian comic would be a bit harder to pull off.

>he doesn't read Serenity

As long as it's not preachy or define entire characters (at the very least the man protagonist).

It isn't just the preachy parts that make Christian media shit, the whole basis of trying to tell people any belief system they don't already believe at least in part doesn't work.

And even if it did, it still wouldn't be entertaining in either case.

Theoretically you could write a book that espoused Christian values without constantly mentioning god or the bible and it might make for an entertaining comic that people of all walks of life could enjoy and learn from.

But Christfags won't let that happen.

Serenity x Lori is the best ship.

I would read a series loosely based on the Bible.
Imagine Samson beating the shit out of everyone while trying to keep his hair from getting cut.

Bible Man would convert Batman.

>It's a Seraphim issue.

Absolutely, the reason most Christian media is balls is because they're made to for children and lack teeth, or because they're made for smug old people who don't want to be challenged. A good piece of faith media makes you doubt yourself.

Chester Brown's recent book on the bible was pretty good, and his old bible comics were pretty cool too.

Just post the one in which the guy calls the arabs moon worshippers already

>it's a Lucifer issue
>the writers desperately try to make him seem like the bad guy when he's done nothing wrong

Cred Forums would fall for this post as an OP.

In theory: yes.
In practice: no.

>there's only one god, ma'am, and he so loved the world that he gave his only son to die on the cross for our sins
Can't believe this Captain American said this line

You could but if you make it too preachy you alienate non Christians and if you make it to storylike you alienate Christians. You need to find the perfect balance, make the Prince of Egypt of comics

Watch what you wish for, my dude.

It's like with the attempted Ghostbusters reboot: People don't like being preached-at in their casual entertainment, and the attempt to preach at people through that entertainment generally comes at the expense of the entertainment itself.

>Christfags won't let a nonreligious book that coincidentally supports good Christian values happen
What?

Fucking Power Mark was the shit!
Me and a few of my friends bonded hard later in life when we remembered this fucking gem.

>It's a Seraphim episode

>This omnipotent being that permeates all creation and is focused more upon the spiritual more than the physical can't give a fuck about you, we're too small

Yall motherfuckers ever watch Bibleman?

youtube.com/watch?v=5PN_85ZQJlc&ab_channel=RandomFandom

Chronicles of Narnia

>People don't like being preached-at in their casual entertainment, and the attempt to preach at people through that entertainment generally comes at the expense of the entertainment itself.
Damn, user. I have never seen this argument as well put as you did, you really summed up everything that is wrong with... well practically everything in media.

>Initially read it to mock it and wind up liking it unironically
I can't wait for this year's storytime

>It's a God gives his follower the gift of language to preach to a new land, episode.
>That language is Kung Fu.

if you know it's brow-beating you with a christian message, it's not good.

if it's too subtle for you to pick up on, is it really Christian?

there's a fine line between the two extremes, and in the end, the effort it'd take to walk that line while making a good comic book is too much for almost any person.

Not a comic, but Veggietales is literal God-tier children's programming.

> ...and if you make it to storylike you alienate Christians.

have you heard of the Narnia books by C.S. Lewis?

Jack Chick said it drove people to the devil.

Propaganda isn't necessarily bad, but the messages are always shit.

Jack Chick is a nutball.

Bullshit, just approach it like you would a story based on any mythology like greek or norse and don't revolve it around trying to convert people or suck up to people that actually believe in the mythology.
It's that simple.

There's some pretty interesting stuff in islamic myth too.

I know you said not mentioning the bible but all I could think of is a comic version of the jefferson bible.

>But Christfags won't let that happen.
Yeah the main issue is that any work that doesn't pander to the followers of the religion to the point of it being unbearable is open to offence and claims of it being an "attack on christians/whoever".
I'm sure some muslims are upset with marvel girl or whatever even as pandering as it is.

It's pretty hard to create an adaptation when half your audience thinks it's real.

*tips fedora*

> Jack Chick said it (Narnia) drove people to the devil.

well user, once again Jack got it wrong

people don't need 'driven' to the devil

Jesus says everyone who isn't adopted by God already belongs to the Devil - having Satan as their father- and that's why unbelievers choose evil, because you love evil; doing just as your father does

John 8:44

Then it's not my fault I sin, I am just following the 4th commandment. Gee, thanks, Christfag!

see what i mean - you love your evil so much you choose to inherit your father's eternal reward, rather than submit

I am literally following the laws of christianity by being evil.

Not my fault your paganist belief system isn't coherent

Hellboy

>Can a good Christian comic exist?

Case closed.

you reckon you're following the rules of Jesus?

the same Jesus who said anyone who doesn't hate their father in comparison to their love for God, isn't worthy of the Kingdom?
- Luke 14

i don't think you even know what the rules are

>Nipples for titillation

Sure, how very Christlike to service my erection just as much as those mainstream comics!

>just approach it like you would a story based on any mythology like greek or norse and don't revolve it around trying to convert people or suck up to people that actually believe in the mythology.
It didn't work for Noah.

The costume was designed for the sake of mobility, or so the creator said.

May the Scriptures be your only reading

Friendly reminder that Hajime died for our sins.