Azrael Storytime

I said I was gonna storytime so I'm gonna. I'll start with the Sword of Azrael mini series, then move on to all of KnightFall (excluding some KnightQuest stories) and then hopefully in some timely manner get on with Azrael's ongoing. Let's roll.

Anyone here?

I guess no love for Azrael tonight.

Best Batman

Eh, maybe.

Final issue of the mini series.

Yeah, Thanks! Heading off to uni soon though so ill read it all later.

I'll try to get a full thread with hopefully a good bit of KnightFall's Prologue in it as well. I'll probably do one each week around this time, maybe earlier if I want to get a whole arc done.

Ahh sweet, i'm excited, only Azreal i've ever read was the broken bat part of knightfall.

Yeah, KnightFall is extremely long, especially if you include all the stories that came out during Azbat's tenure as Batman.

Now it's time to build up to the breaking of the Bat.

Amazing, thanks a bunch mate.

Yeah the books look fucking massive in buyfag threads, well i'm heading off to uni now so ill read this all later.

I'm psyched that you're story timing this user. I actually just got the tpb of this.

Did you get the new one they're doing for his old ongoing?

I think it is an older tpb, im not sure it was a gift. Pic related. sorry for huge file size

The newer one collected the mini series and the first few issues of the ongoing. Vol. 2 is supposedly coming out or is out now which has more ongoing issues.

Going off that I'm sure it's the older one. I don't mind though, I got it along with Azrael deaths dark night, (how's that one).

Michael Lane Azrael is everything people accused Jean-Paul of being. Edgy. Also a very bad Assassin's Creed ripoff too.

Well, I don't mind a character that's edgy, I like the art and I'll have to see plot wise. As long as he doesn't become a character that becomes a satire of himself.if that makes sense, if not I can try to clarify, im a bit inebriated so my apologies

Quesada's art in this is fucking fantastic

He's not a comical version, but he's a hell of a lot more violent than Jean-Paul was as Azrael, and at times worse than his Azbat run.

He didn't stay an artist for very long since it seems he was only looking to make connections. His jump to Marvel as the new EiC is pretty much proof of that. His Spider-Man art sometimes looks like crap though.

God, I'd forgotten how long this was.

That sounds manageable, but I meant more along the lines of his character, do his character flaws begin to show up with out precedent, for example, situations that are Noticeably different are resolved similarly and extremely, referencing heavily that it is that way because he's just that guy. Idk, my brain is running sparks and I'm just interested in what a knowledgeable user has to say about a new series and character I'm a complete novice at in the info department.

On a tangent and slightly related yet unrelated note, where is azrael now in current continuity, I feel like I have a memory of the latest one dying but I could just be spacing.

Now we're getting started on the build up of Bane's plan.

I dunno man, his one more day faces were really iffy but suited spidey looked cool at least, it's one moment in time where his art was pure trash, when he got lazy and started using greg land tier methods

Lane doesn't really change as character from how I remember his run.

Also Michael Lane was the last one and he died just like how Jean-Paul Valley had died. But now Jean-Paul appears to be back though he seems a mild combination of Lane and Valley since it seems they're ignoring how his ongoing ended with Jean-Paul finally seeing himself as his own hero and person.

I have to get going but ill read the rest later, again thanks user, you're doing based work! Have a good night!

Have a good night and remember to stay away from sushi.

Bump

Oh are you the green lantern guy or some other guy
I voted for no man's land

Other guy. I have no idea who that is.

That's it for this week. See the rest of you next week and hopefully I can finish the Prologue and even Broken Bat. Remember to bump for others.

Shameless self-bump

bump

Wow... it's so colorful.

This is good stuff!

Respect, user.

Bleed to death, still bless peole

Remember when he was Batman?

Bump

Bump.