My comic is the BEST comic to EVER exist! BUY it!

>My comic is the BEST comic to EVER exist! BUY it!

>HUGE and LONGTERM ramifications are happening! Just like SPIDER-VERSE!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp4afa
youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw&list=RDgy1B3agGNxw#t=51
twitter.com/FabianNicieza/status/777704145474031618
bleedingcool.com/2016/09/18/how-problematic-is-the-civil-war-ii-tag-to-marvels-crossover-titles/
youtu.be/SnL1e4-NfaA?t=1m11s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>P-Please buy muh event ;_;

Pathetic

That can't be real. It has to be a fake account or something

A twitlonger from his account with the same thing:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp4afa

Wow

You can feel the desesparation LMAO

I hope this is real cuz this is fucking hilarious

You can't make this shit up. The only other pathetic thing I can think of is Ray Fawkes subtly tweeting his fans to ask Didio for his Spectre Book to not be cancelled.

Normally I don't blame a guy for wanting to shill his own product, but that's a terrible pitch.

I have to imagine there's some post out there of Slott, or at least a Marvel big name, blaming retailers for not ordering enough.

I get wanting to promote your own material but jesus christ this is some sad fucking begging. Truly pathetic.

If that book was Gotham by Midnight it definitely shouldn't have been cancelled, so it's not really the same.

Can't wait for the Outhousers Article by the way

Yeah, it's niche enough but it's a Spectre Book masquerading as a Bat Book, sooner or later people were gonna find out and drop it.

Yeah, this is more saying, "Why aren't you buying my event book before it's even out? Don't you see? This is going to drag in all the other comics! If you like those, you have to read this, not resent it for derailing their stories! And you love my events, don't you?! I force them on you all the time, that means they're important to you!"

He must be quite used to be on his knees to know how to beg like this.

I kind of want to do whatever it would take to make sure no one bought this, because fuck events and fuck Slott.

I hope the Clone Conspiracy flops completely becasue I've never felt a more intense amount of schadenfreude in my life

Nope. It's real. Feel free to look on his account yourself. Slott shitposts like this constantly.

>Could we be putting out shit comics that people are sick of?
>No....it's the children who're wrong

That was pretty sad tho

Omega Men was getting all this love while Gotham by Midnight, Doomed, and the other cancelled books got no love or people wishing for it to be uncancelled

I'm sure if you dig through his Facebook and Twitter accounts you can find plenty of posts about it. Slott is a pretty shallow guy. He really does think he is some ground breaking writer.

>When you think Clone Conspiracy think SPIDER-ISLAND, ENDS OF THE EARTH, and SPIDER-VERSE.

>When lapsed Spider-Man readers hear what's going on in via word of mouth and social media, THEY will want to pick this up... for *reasons*.
>>>>>>*reasons*

>and NEW readers will pick it up.

I love that quality of writing never enters the equation. Like, we're all supposed to get on board with the comic *just* because 1) it's an event, 2) it ties into other Spider-books, and 3) OMG BIG CRAZY THING HAPPENED!!! AND YOU TOTALLY CAN'T MISS OUT ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! CUZ YOU'LL BE A TOTAL DORK!!!!!!

>Slott shitposts like this constantly
So, he always has to "remind" his fans of how important his stuff is?

Why would they make the "main" Spider-man book a mini and fail to actually convey that to anybody? Is ASM pausing while Clone Conspiracy is coming out or something? That sounds like a bad idea

Nobody was wishing for Doomed to be uncancelled. It was still pretty fun though and I would have liked to see where Lobdell would have taken the character.

Fpbp

Talk all the shit you want, but it's a legitimate marketing tactic and it works every time it's done with an A-lister.

Do people care about events / long term changes? Because they'll just be changed again later, or go away with the next universe reboot in a year or two when sales drop it really doesn't matter. The best moments in comics aren't because of how they effected the events of an issue down the line, but how emotional impactful they were in the moment.

>Is ASM pausing while Clone Conspiracy is coming out or something?

Kinda. ASM is becoming Renew Your Vows again. So, Clone Conspiracy will be the main universe Peter book.

Amazing is still going actually, it's just being written by Gage, Slott's understudy.

Oh wow, this is sad. I'm glad people are finally wising up to Slott's shit. Maybe we'll get a new creative team in a few years.

Not that it'll matter since it's still modern Marvel.

I remember how much Spider-Verse motivated me to keep reading Spider-Man. It didn't, it made me decide to stop reading it until Dan left the book.

I don't think that's the point. If much fewer copies of this are being ordered than Amazing Spider-Man, then all the Amazing Spider-Man readers who lack the ability to buy this book will be pretty frustrated that they're getting half the story. Moreover, the retailers who are in a poor position to sell these books to Amazing Spider-Man readers are essentially leaving money on the table.

Logically one ought to order about the same numbers of both books per month.

To be fair though at least Gotham by Midnight got it's full 12 issues plus 1 annual run. Omega Men was going to be cut short at 7 issues.

Wait.... so for the first time in years Slott ISN'T writing the main Spider-Man book?

Fuck you, Slott. I hope Harley Quinn keep outselling your comic.

>Omega Men was going to be cut short at 7 issues
God that would've been a mistake. Omega Men was better than it had any right to be.

>Slott will never leave ASM

He still gets co-writer credit for coming up with the plot.

That's because Gotham By Midnight was fantastic and everyone was too busy jerking off Tom King's Omega Men to care

He didn't even say what the Clone Conspiracy is. I know he what's to keep some secrets, but it was already revealed by him online that Spidey characters long dead are coming back to life (which is the premise of the whole book). He didnt even mention the Jackal.

Read likes a Nigerian 419 letter.

>You haven't ordered enough CLONE CONSPIRACY #1
Jesus Christ.

why do I hear youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw&list=RDgy1B3agGNxw#t=51

What part of "CLONE CONSPIRACY WILL BE THE CORE SPIDER-MAN BOOK" do you not understand?

Let me take a fucking guess.
Uncle Ben is back?
Or is it Gwen Stacy?
Or Doc Ock?
Or is it a huge page of all these brought back characters?

No seriously, whatever he thinks will be big, I'm doubting it.

>Prowler never even out yet
>already scheduled to tie in to a shitty even

wow they really don't want my money do they

>You can't make this shit up

Actually yes you can. It's very easy to make shit up in this day and age just to defame someone and and a handful of gullible idiots believe it as true to their own bias against the person being defame

> it will be one of the best damn looking books on the rack -- and NEW readers will pick it up.
> -- and NEW readers will pick it up.
> NEW readers

Okay, what if, WHAT IF, it's revealed that...Peter Parker is a clone the whole time, and the REAL Peter Parker is risen from the dead?

The reveal is that everyone's a clone and they're all aging prematurely and about to die.

That so lame and overused that it has to be that since it's Slott we are talking about

>it's revealed that ever since OMD the Peter and MJ we've been following are clones
>Renew Your Vows versions revealed to be the real versions
Slott leaves Spier-Man forever
Then I'll start reading it again.

>will have ramifications that will affect other titles!
That will ultimately lead nowhere whatsoever and everything will go back to the way it was before!

>Silk couldn't escape this shit event even though Miles and Jessica could
G O D
O
D
D A M N I T
A
M
N
I
T

>for *reasons*

So Uncle Ben is coming back.

Anyway, try selling a clone story to any of the comic fans who are still suffering PTSD from the 90s. I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

>Uncle Ben is back?
>Or is it Gwen Stacy?
>Or Doc Ock?
>Or is it a huge page of all these brought back characters?
E). All of the above

>even though Miles and Jessica could
For now.

It's not that Peter was a clone the whole time, it's that every single character other than Peter was a clone the whole time.

If Uncle Ben or 616's Gwen come back you know Marvel have truly hit rock bottom.

I love the capitalizeday YOU and THEY. The desperation is palpable.

Or maybe they've been burned too many times by delays to be suckered into another blind event purchase...

Civil War II pretty much assures that.

Marvel vs. Star Wars will be even lower.

Quesada said that if they ever cross 616 and Ultimate together, you'll know they've run out of ideas.

They did that two or three times and then merged the two universes together.

>Marvel vs. Star Wars will be even lower.
Please no. You know they will take it seriously and not do it for shits and giggles like the Justice League vs The Masters of the Universe mini DC did.

It will be a clone and it will die (either at the end of the event or later). So it doesn't matter either way because it's the CLONE Saga. Who cares?

>You know they will take it seriously
Have you read any Marvel this past year?!

But user, Bendis would never let his precious brown recluse be sullied by a writer of skill equal to his own.

Actually, no, I think Slott is better, because he can write dialogue that sounds somewhat natural.

And no one gives a fuck about Spiderwoman except JessiCarl shippers

Are you saying Marvel is not taking nonsencical bullcrap and trying to make it seem serious?

>And no one gives a fuck about Spiderwoman except JessiCarl shippers
I don't know. I like her new outfit.

Literally pic.

Of course I forgot the pic

Not it isn't and no it doesn't, otherwise sales wouldn't be in the shitter.

Go to bed Dan.

Yes, absolutely. Go read through his stuff. It's both sad and hilarious.

>>When you think Clone Conspiracy think SPIDER-ISLAND, ENDS OF THE EARTH, and SPIDER-VERSE.

I just remembered and now I realized that I enjoyed only one out of the three.

>The best moments in comics aren't because of how they effected the events of an issue down the line, but how emotional impactful they were in the moment.
The best moments in comics are moments that are so emotionally impactful that the sheer weight of them remains in your perception of the character forever.

No it isn't. ASM is still going to be published and it's going to be a companion book to Clone Conspiracy. Each issue is going to elaborate on something that happens during Clone Conspiracy while the Clone Conspiracy title is being published.

Renew Your Vows is an entirely separate and unrelated series.

Which one? Ends?

Spider-Island's only fault was the art.

Okay. I was legitimately wondering

I didn't think it would be Spider-Verse, so that left the other two and I took a stab in the dark

Spider-Island. Which has its major problems, but I didn't feel increasingly disappointed like I did with Ends of the Earth or "Fuck this fucking shit" with Spider-Island.

Sorry, Spider-Island has two faults. The art and the fact that it shows Slott can write a good Spider-Man story but for whatever reason chooses not to anymore.

Cape comics are like soap operas. Everyone knows it's just the same repeating plotlines and nothing that happens actually matters in the long run, but people will still tune in to watch a main character get shot or a plane crash or whatever.

616 Gwen has already returned. See the Captain America/Spider-Man Free Comic Book Day issue.

Also, she's in the friggin' preview pages.

My nigga

>getting this desperate
>literally begging for pity after all these years of antagonizing the fanbase

top fucking kek

>If Uncle Ben or 616's Gwen come back you know Marvel have truly hit rock bottom.

By this point, things have gotten so bad that bringing back 616 Gwen would be an improvement.

Not even with Civil War II?

I read slightly more Marvel than DC, but I'm always happy to see Slott getting fucked.

>"So help a guy out, okay?"

>follows sentence up with a wink emoji

Any man that age who uses a wink emoji should be dragged out of his home and slapped by everyone in his neighborhood.

>it's just being written by Gage, Slott's understudy.
Who is also a far better writer

>Marvel
>2016
wew

He still is. That's the whole point. "The Clone Conspiracy" is the "main Spider-man book." ASM is just the tie-in sidestories written by someone else. Slott is throwing a hissy fit because Clone Conspiracy's sales aren't very high while ASM is still selling a bunch when the sales should be the other way around.

Presumably because people don't realise that the main story is in the mini not ASM when most would assume it's the other way around.

Maybe people want to keep collecting ASM like they have for decades, but not spend money on idiotic minis they don't care about?

Nicieza is scoring points off of Slott for spending his time on Twitter instead of working, now.

twitter.com/FabianNicieza/status/777704145474031618

The last issue of Superior had that mocking piece of shit "You just hit the jackpot, Tiger" page. Hell no, Gage is not any better.

Guys, buy Clone Saga 2! Sequel to the best series ever.

>When you think Clone Conspiracy think SPIDER-ISLAND, ENDS OF THE EARTH, and SPIDER-VERSE.
So, it's two thirds mediocrity, one third pure atrocity?

Hey now, Spider-verse had really good shit that wasn't written by Slott. Same with Spider Island. Ends of the Earth (even the art wasn't good enough to pretend it worthwhile) was just shit piled upon more shit.

I meant main events. Personally I love Spider-Island's tie-in on Remender's Venom, but the main story does nothing for me but is not bad enough to call it flat-out bad.

Agree on Ends of The Earth being dull as shit, though.

>Slott is throwing a hissy fit because Clone Conspiracy's sales aren't very high while ASM is still selling a bunch when the sales should be the other way around.
That is fucking hilarious. What a goddamn retard. Of course ASM is selling more, it is suppose to be the main important Spidey book. Slott should have had his story in the ASM book. Or not have ASM continue. Goddamn.

>Guys! Our main flagship Spider-Man title is going to be this event mini instead of his main title that's our longesteam ongoing book. Feel free to triple your orders!
Yeah, I can see how people would be open to this.

The fact that Slott had to make that post says otherwise.

Marvel does linewide events literally every month, so no.

He didnt even put Spider-Man in the title. It's not Ben called Clone Saga, it's Clone Conspiracy.

How can he act shocked when retailers care more about ASM than this?

You should see Cher's twitter.

I didn't think Gage wrote any of Superior.

Regardless of that I much prefer Gage's books to Slott's (even when Slott was good). Hell the best issues of Slott's Mighty Avengers are scripted by Gage

Cher is a woman who has traded on having an odd personality for like half a century.

All I can do is laugh

This is just sad. Fuck Marvel

Wait, so with event fatigue becoming noticeable even to retailers, thanks in part to DC's Rebirth, , and with people finally wising up to Marvel's trying to bring back the worst parts of the nineties, Slott is surprised that stores aren't ordering that much of Clone Saga 2, instead opting for the tried and true tactic of ordering the book that has the name of a character normies are familiar with on the title? Who'da thunk it?

Maybe they should put holographic covers on it.

Maybe if these greedy cunts didn't charge $4.99 for this shit I might care

Let them burn

>THEY will want to pick this up... for *reasons*

They're going to 'kill' some character aren't they?

I actually feel dirty reading this

Pretty sure Conway is going to bring back the lapsef Spidey fans with Renew your Vows not this shitty event.

>When you think CLONE CONSPIRACT think SPIDER-ISLAND, ENDS OF THE EARTH, and SPIDER-VERSE
I'm already disappointed and having buyers guilt.

I am cool with it.

In Fawkes' case I could understand because he's not a big name writer. Slott on the other hand is arguably a big name writer and sold ASM well and this comes off kind of sad because he's managed to gradually erode the goodwill from the fanbase and now is doing this.

It reminded me of how fucking tired I am of these constant events. Spider-verse messed with Yost's Scarlet Spider run, and tainted Spider-Gwen with outside bullshit instead of keeping it self-contained like Latour intended.

The whole point of events are that they're supposed to be special, but when they happen all the time, people stop caring.

Lol last time Dan went on a rampage Brevoort even tweeted at him to go back to work.

I have a feeling Dan gets teased a lot at Marvel and he yaps to much on social media for his own good.

I think he might be happier if he used that time to focus on friends and family...

Silk was created by Slott and then handed off to better writers, so of course he has to go back and dig his claws into her again so she'll be shitty.

Does marvel just not care if they trick stores into wasting there money.
They do realise that if stores go under they sell less comics right.

If clone conspiricy is the main book thats a massive fuckup.

>Presumably because people don't realise that the main story is in the mini not ASM when most would assume it's the other way around.
Oh i think i know why they dont realise.
Its because thats fucking retarded

>but it's a legitimate marketing tactic and it works every time it's done with an A-lister.
You *sure* 'bout that, senpai?
bleedingcool.com/2016/09/18/how-problematic-is-the-civil-war-ii-tag-to-marvels-crossover-titles/

Nah, Gage won all the cred he needs with The Initiative and Avengers Academy. He even partiatly fixed Avengers Arena. He's legit good.

Recluse if a pretty bad-ass name for a character.

I'm thinking of Batman with spider-powers,

>The original Civil War event and crossover across Marvel Comics achieved a number of remarkable things, more than inspiring (at least in name) a Marvel movie ten years in its future.

>It created an event that successfully affected the entire Marvel Universe in a permanent fashion. Ten years later, plotline in Marvel’s comics are still affected by the events in that comic which pitched comic book hero against hero in a fashion that resonated with the politics of the time, pitting the ideals of Freedom against the pragmatism of Security. Anarchism Vs Fascism, with fists.

>It also crossed over with almost every comic book, created mini-series for the properties whose creators were least happy with crossing over their storylines with this one, and saw those comics who did buckle under, rocket in sales. Comics that were barely selling 20-30K, found themselves selling 150K and more.

>All creators at that time, paid on royalty, were very happy with this turn of events. Just slap a Civil War on the cover, fight some vague excuse to have one of their heroes cross with another, and their pay for that issue doubled. Even when the original series got later and later, dragging the tie-in crossover issues with it, sales remained strong.

>Since then, Marvel has fought a war of attrition, as subsequent crossover events, Secret Invasion, Axis, Fear Itself, haven’t reached such heights. Oh, there’s nothing to sniff about, certainly the likes of Avengers Vs X-Men did rather well, as did their crossovers, but nowhere near to the same extent.

>And so much emphasis was placed upon the current crossover, renamed Civil War II, in the light of the Captain America movie and pitting Iron Man against Captain Marvel, again ripping the themes from the headlines. Surely this would see the sequel outdo the original?

Pretty sure that was a Slott mandate and Gage was simply following instructions. This guy salvaged avengers arena for me a little bit and his avengers academy was perhaps one of the best titles running at the time.

>It seems not. The central series has sold well, undeniably, but the crossover issues seem to have suffered. Rather than receiving a boost, sales seem to have taken a hit.

>From the Top 100, which admittedly sees Marvel place only nine books in the top fifty, it is only 41, 47 and 50 that are Civil War crossovers, The Fallen and The Accused which were one shot extensions of the main series, and Deadpool which has nothing actually to do with the crossover at all, they thought it was just funny to pretend it was.

>The comics that are doing well, comparatively at least, are the Star Wars books, Amazing Spider-Man which placed at no 4, the only Marvel comic in the top 10, and Spider-Man Deadpool – all of which are not Civil War II crossover books.

>The highest placed ongoing series that crossed over with Civil War II was Invincible Iron Man #12 at 55 and plenty of that was based on Riri Williams. While Amazing Spider-Man #16 is in the top ten. Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man is at 65.

>Whatever its reason, whatever the analysis (and there will be plenty), despite having a movie on the screen, a Free Comic Book Day launch, the might of Disney and a far more able marketing department, Civil War II is a bust. Even without the DC Rebirth promotional launch, the fact that the best selling titles are the ones without a crossover, may make for some serious rethinking for events to come.

>And as for having a similar impact to the original Civil War, aside from the death of Hulk at the hands of Hawkeye, that seems it. So far. Certainly the story seemed to have forgotten much that happened between Captain America and Tony Stark during the whole Time Runs Out incident.

>Still, Marvel Now Again is almost upon us, with Champions #1 and all that this entails, which may fix much of these ills.

>You never know.

I remember one Recluse.

Reminds me of that Parks and Rec scene
>"You made me watch all eight Harry Potter movies. I don't even like Harry Potter!"
>"Impossible, you've seen all eight movies!"

Please let them learn that they can't just drag every comic into a crossover with an event that they put no time, thought, and effort into...

It's amazing how much Civil War 2 did so much damage. ANAD was doing alright then BAM! CW2 just smashes it all.

He is literally a fat neck beard who spends all his time whining on the Internet.

Slott makes Waid seem mature and level headed.

>continuously make fun of spider-man fans
>purposefully write bad stories to get outrage dollars
>announce you're writing a fucking sequel to the most reviled comic event in history
>ultimate outrage
>WHY AREN'T YOU PREORDERING

Marvel deserves everything that's happening. I hope they learn something from Rebirth, but I know they won't. They'll keep throwing shit at the wall until they accidentally make another Ms. Marvel or Deadpool.

>doubt

Fucking hell
Just when i want to try some marvel afain

>people throw fits about Nighthawk getting cancelled
>well that's just the direct market, get over it, should've bought more
>Slott's next abortion isn't selling as much se they want so far
>p-please buy more of it, i-it'll be awesome, we swear

Slott isn't very bright

To be fair, that was probably either marketing or editorial's decision.

>Maybe they should put holographic covers on it.
Sure why the hell not.

>Ten years later, plotline in Marvel’s comics are still affected by the events in that comic
This is a joke right.

>ANAD was doing alright

Not really. I went and took a look and compared the sales charts over the years. Some actually did alright, but a lot either didn't change much (bad when you consider ANAD is a relaunch) or did worse.

For example, here's Uncanny Avengers sales from the original Marvel Now era:

10/12 Uncanny Avengers #1 - 303,722
11/12 Uncanny Avengers #2 - 114,257 (-62.4%)
01/13 Uncanny Avengers #3 - 92,165 (-19.3%)
02/13 Uncanny Avengers #4 - 87,539 ( -5.0%)
03/13 Uncanny Avengers #5 - 84,382 ( -3.6%)
04/13 Uncanny Avengers #6 - 80,863 ( -4.2%)

And this is the final issues of that series:

06/14 Uncanny Avengers #21 – 49,762 ( -4.1%)
07/14 Uncanny Avengers #22 – 50,253 ( 1.0%)
08/14 Uncanny Avengers #23 – 50,974 ( 1.4%)
09/14 Uncanny Avengers #24 – 49,469 ( -3.0%)
10/14 Uncanny Avengers #25 – 53,263 ( 7.7%)

And the Volume 2 relaunch (that came after AXIS and lasted for only five issues before Secret Wars):

01/15 Uncanny Avengers v2 #1 – 74,849
02/15 Uncanny Avengers v2 #2 – 51,339 (-31.4%)
04/15 Uncanny Avengers v2 #3 – 50,595 (-1.4%)
05/15 Uncanny Avengers v2 #4 – 46,682 (-7.7%)
06/15 Uncanny Avengers v2 #5 – 43,417 (-7.0%)

And the ANAD relaunch:

10/15 Uncanny Avengers v3 #1 - 105,234
11/15 Uncanny Avengers v3 #2 - 55,008 (-47.3%)
12/15 Uncanny Avengers v3 #3 - 53,216 (- 3.3%)
01/16 Uncanny Avengers v3 #4 - 47,172 (-11.4%)
02/16 Uncanny Avengers v3 #5 - 43,618 (- 7.5%)
03/16 Uncanny Avengers v3 #6 - 41,567 (- 4.7%)
03/16 Uncanny Avengers v3 #7 - 47,135 (+13.4%) (Stand Off)
04/16 Uncanny Avengers v3 #8 - 45,659 (- 3.1%) (Stand Off)
05/16 Uncanny Avengers v3 #9 - 40,025 (-12.3%)

They didn't completely drop but when you consider this was a relaunch intended to gain more numbers, this is a problem.

>again ripping the themes from the headlines
What's wrong with comics being topical?

tbf to the first volume of uncanny. It suffered a lot of delays early on.

>10/15 Uncanny Avengers v3 #1 - 105,234
>11/15 Uncanny Avengers v3 #2 - 55,008 (-47.3%)
Spiderfags noped hard.

Here's All-New X-Men from when Bendis started writing it:

11/12 All-New X-Men #1 - 181,693
11/12 All-New X-Men #2 - 100,983 (-44.4%)
12/12 All-New X-Men #3 - 90,161 (-10.7%)
12/12 All-New X-Men #4 - 90,946 ( +0.9%)
01/13 All-New X-Men #5 - 86,301 ( -5.1%)
01/13 All-New X-Men #6 - 85,403 ( -1.0%)

Here's his final issues, around the time Secret Wars was starting:

01/15 All-New X-Men #35 - 51,823 (-10.0%)
02/15 All-New X-Men #36 - 49,464 ( -4.6%)
02/15 All-New X-Men #38 - 58,037 (+17.3%) B. Vortex
03/15 All-New X-Men #37 - 48,140 (-17.1%)
03/15 All-New X-Men #39 - 58,490 (+ 0.8%) B. vortex
04/15 All-New X-Men #40 - 57,797 (- 1.2%)
06/15 All-New X-Men #41 - 48,937 (-15.3%)

And here's the numbers for the ANAD relaunch with Dennis Hopeless as writer:

12/15 All New X-Men #1 - 81,342
12/15 All New X-Men #2 - 56,168 (-30.9%)
01/16 All New X-Men #3 - 50,557 (-10.0%)
02/16 All New X-Men #4 - 50,160 (- 0.8%)
02/16 All New X-Men #5 - 42,402 (-15.5%)
03/16 All New X-Men #6 - 41,061 (- 3.2%)
03/16 All New X-Men #7 - 40,346 (- 1.7%)
04/16 All New X-Men #8 - 39,942 (- 1.0%)
05/16 All New X-Men #9 - 51,549 (+29.1%)(Apocalypse Wars)

It did, but its sales were still high.

These are preorders though, sales for #2 have to be done before #1 is out. But I guess retailers were willing to take a chance on the first issue but slash orders down to like a little above the level of the previous volume based on fan interest.

I hope the big reveal is actually fucking nothing.

Whether there is or not is sort of beside the point, as the writer wasn't making any judgements about it, just that Civil War II was trying to follow that formula.

Pre-Marvel Now/Superior Spider-Man sales on Amazing Spider-Man:

09/12 Amazing #693 - 59,772 ( -34.4%)
09/12 Amazing #694 - 58,461 ( -2.2%)
10/12 Amazing #695 - 58,185 ( -0.5%)
10/12 Amazing #696 - 57,950 ( -0.4%)
11/12 Amazing #697 - 59,872 ( +3.3%)
11/12 Amazing #698 - 87,537 ( +46.2%)
12/12 Amazing #699 - 80,048 ( -8.6%)
12/12 Amazing #.1 - 71,344 ( -10.9%)
12/12 Amazing #700 - 273,305 (+283.1%)

Superior Spider-Man launch:

01/13 Superior #1 - 209,944 ( -23.2%)
01/13 Superior #2 - 118,104 ( -43.7%)
02/13 Superior #3 - 101,811 ( -13.8%)
02/13 Superior #4 - 95,892 ( -5.8%)
03/13 Superior #5 - 94,224 ( -1.7%)
03/13 Superior #6 - 86,614 ( -8.1%)
03/13 S. S-M #6AU - 85,807 ( -0.9%)

The 2014 relaunch with Spider-Verse chapters:

04/14 Amazing v3 #1 - 532,586 ( 293.1%)[23,871]
05/14 Amazing v3 #2 - 123,945 ( -76.7%)
06/14 Amazing v3 #3 - 109,029 ( -12.0%)
07/14 Amazing v3 #4 - 117,917 ( 8.2%)O.S.
08/14 Amazing v3 #5 - 101,655 ( -13.8%)O.S.
09/14 Amazing v3 #6 - 93,564 ( -8.0%)
10/14 Amazing v3 #7 - 116,051 ( 24.0%)
10/14 Amazing v3 #8 - 99,549 ( -14.2%)
11/14 Amazing v3 #9 - 135,280 ( -14.2%)
11/14 Amazing v3 #10- 100,899 ( -14.2%)

Around Secret Wars:

02/15 Amazing v3 #15 - 99,660 ( -6.7%)
03/15 Amazing v3 #16 - 92,289 ( -7.4%)
04/15 Amazing v3 #17 - 99,964 ( +8.3%)
05/15 Amazing v3 #18 - 88,338 (-11.6%)

Post-Secret Wars relaunch

10/15 Amazing Spider-Man #1 - 245,873
10/15 Amazing Spider-Man #2 - 111,322 (-54.7%)
11/15 Amazing Spider-Man #3 - 93,848 (-15.7%)
12/15 Amazing Spider-Man #4 - 82,066 (-22.6%)
12/15 Amazing Spider-Man #5 - 79,122 (- 3.6%)
01/16 Amazing Spider-Man #6 - 76,517 (- 3.3%)
02/16 Amazing Spider-Man #7 - 75,357 (- 1.5%)
02/16 Amazing Spider-Man #8 - 71,599 (- 5.0%)
03/16 Amazing Spider-Man #9 - 88,164 (+23.1%)

There's still been interest in Slott's Spider-man even if it's dropped off.

Although if you look even further at the current run...

03/16 Amazing Spider-Man #9 - 88,164 (+23.1%)
04/16 Amazing Spider-Man#10 - 73,643 (- 16.5%)
04/16 Amazing Spider-Man#11 - 67,446 (- 8.4%)
05/16 Amazing Spider-Man#12 - 74,963 (+11.1%)
06/16 Amazing Spider-Man#13 - 65,519 (-12.6%)
06/16 Amazing Spider-Man#14 - 65,646 (+ 0.2%)

There has been some kind of drop. I guess it wouldn't surprise me that Slott needs to make sure retailers ordered Clone Conspiracy.

Superior was pretty fun desu. Also people wanted to see how Peter would explore the consequences of his new world created by Otto.

Except we got none of that.... we got silk and then spiderverse.

Nothing about Peter struggling with his company, nothing about its setbacks and soon slow rise to the top. Nothing at all.

Instead secret wars comes along and 8 months later we skip all the development from making PI an A-list company.

Superior at least started out with intrigue even if people out there hated the concept.

But he severely dropped the ball from the last parts of Superior, and destroyed a lot of goodwill with the 2014 series.

it really did. Slott got too attached with the Otto wankery as his self-insert.

I mean this was the guy who wanted to make superior spidey the big hero for spiderverse.

Can you imagine the insufferable fucking wankery over Octavious as the superior spiderman than every peter parker out in the multiverse? The same otto who roused uncle Ben up when Peter couldn't? The same Otto who suddenly saved the day by killing the weaver?

Jesus fuck Im becoming autistic just thinking about it.

Marvel Now Bendis Guardians of the Galaxy:

03/13 Guardians v3 #1 - 217,993 (+171.3%)
04/13 Guardians v3 #2 - 88,184 ( -59.5%)
06/13 Guardians v3 #3 - 75,633 ( -14.2%)
06/13 Guardians v3 #4 - 71,575 ( -5.4%)
07/13 Guardians v3 #5 - 110,372 ( +54.2%)
09/13 Guardians v3 #6 - 69,030 ( -37.5%)

Pre Secret Wars:

01/15 Guardians v3 #23 – 51,466 ( -1.9%)
02/15 Guardians v3 #24 – 60,046 (+16.7%) B.Vortex
03/15 Guardians v3 #25 – 61,798 (+ 2.9%) B.Vortex
04/15 Guardians v3 #26 – 54,124 (-12.4%)
05/15 Guardians v3 #27 – 49,308 (- 8.9%)

ANAD GOTG, also by Bendis:

10/15 Guardians of Galaxy #1 - 118,342
11/15 Guardians of Galaxy #2 - 51,690 (-56.3%)
12/15 Guardians of Galaxy #3 - 53,627 (+3.7%)
01/16 Guardians of Galaxy #4 - 46,215 (-13.8%)
02/16 Guardians of Galaxy #5 - 40,581 (-12.2%)
03/16 Guardians of Galaxy #6 - 48,330 (+19.1%)
04/16 Guardians of Galaxy #7 - 40,213 ( -16.8%)
05/16 Guardians of Galaxy #8 - 38,404 (- 4.5%)
06/16 Guardians of Galaxy #9 - 34,542 (-10.1%)

>Colon Conspiracy
Sounds shitty.

I saw the green text without ever clicking on the image and thought "This is Dan Slott, isn't it?"

Superior Spider-Man fucking sucked. He took advantage of the Boston Bombing for an event in his comic book and the writing was god-awful. Just like all Dan Slott ideas, it's okay in theory and other writers can take it and write it MUCH better but he's such a fucking hack.

Is scanbro still among us? Because when those threads hit want to read it with you guys

Are you ready for two straight weeks of Scanbro?

>BUY MY BOOKS REEEEE!
>I'm glad to be pirated
Where were you when Lobdell became /ourguy/?

The question is-
Is scanbro ready?

Jess and Miles seem to be under some weird deal where they only have to tie in with one event and not all of them. All the Spidey books but them were out of Civil War and now it's the reverse.

One ought to see if readers want to buy it before ordering a lot of it.

I have to credit Slott though. Only he can write an event with EVERY SPIDER-MAN EVER and make it mediocre to boring as shit.

>big reveal is 616 Gwen Stacy remaining alive for reals
>no one cares because they milked the Gwen meme to death already

>Marvel Now Again
This is really how it is called?

calling Spider-Verse mediocre to boring as shit makes it sound better than it was.

Based 90's man!

I wasn't ready for this.
Jesus fuck. I mean, how can someone have such an absolute lack of self-awareness?
I feel like I'm on drugs yet I'm pretty sure I haven't taken anything.

This doesn't feel real. This has to be some kind of trick or something.

Oh I am laughing.
I really hope this finally sends some kinda message to the higher ups.
But it probably won't.

It looks more like people fell for gimmicks.

>No Prez part 2
It still hurts.

Yeah who thought anyone wanted another clone saga. That's the real question.

I literally dropped Spider-man because of this shit.

Spider-Island was cool

Ends of the Earth was pushing it with moralfaggotry

Dying Wish was shit

Superior Spider-man was Dying Wish stretched out to 30 issues

Spider-Verse is NOTHING HAPPENS the comic. They literally jump through dimensions to escape possibility of something happening.

If you are even dumber than I am and still follow this shit after Spider-verse, you should re-evaluate your life.

Read the comments on Slott's post, it'll make you feel worse.

>and tainted Spider-Gwen with outside bullshit instead of keeping it self-contained like Latour intended

The entire reason Spider-Gwen even EXISTS is because of Spider-Verse. She was intended as a one-off character in Edge of Spider-Verse. But her first appearance sold like crazy and Marvel tried to milk that cow as much as they could.

Learn your history, dingus.

>an event that they put no time, thought, and effort into

>"B-but it took me t-two years to plan this!"

>HUGE and LONGTERM ramifications are happening!
See this shit right here? This sentence perfectly sums up most of what's wrong with Spider-Man comics these days. God knows, I miss quiet character-driven one-shots that are not setting up some XBOX HUEG event.

Jesus I thought it was still coming back. I'm upset. Couldn't make it digital or something?

>Superior was pretty fun desu.
In the same way that Michael Bay's Transformers movies are. If you put literally zero thought into the plot, it works. But the instant you actually start thinking about how anything works, the entire story falls apart and you realize how utterly absurd and moronic the whole thing is.

It's more like Dexter season 8 in that it's annoying and completely retarded.

Slott subscribes to the sickening ideology that angry fans are good fans.

>Doomed
Well to be frank it was just a Spider-man story but with Harry Osborne as the protagonist and misunderstood monster.

Pff, remember how they didn't have an ending for Secret Wars? And SIXIS was just supposed to be a story arc in a couple of books? And they didn't even know what Civil War II would be about just a couple of months before press?

>Slott on the other hand is arguably a big name writer and sold ASM well
Spider-Man sold ASM well. As is always the case with A-List heroes.

>EVERY SPIDER-MAN EVER
He didn't even do that. He forgot a ton of Spider-Men and jacked up the universe designations (i.e. getting MC2's Earth number wrong).

Read through Slott's Facebook and Twittter feeds. Its 100% real and a pretty standard Slott post.

>They literally jump through dimensions to escape possibility of something happening.

And when something DOES happen, its usually off panel or in a tie in book.

Bullshit, they were fucking proud to announce whenever they could that it only took them about three months to slap this shit together.

>there are actual people that suck Slott's wrinkly old dick this much
fucking hell, no wonder Marlel is shit

You'd think that'd be so they could have the original universes left intact, but no!

>again ripping the themes from the headlines
Why haven't I heard anything about Obama getting his hands on a clairvoyant? Fucking mainstream media.

What is the usual issue when we can assume the preorder numbers are based on actual interest among readers? #3? #4?

Killing off the Spider Friends so brutally was just horrible.

And fucking up MvC Spidey for no reason.

What happened in 2016's ASM #9 and #12?

that would require growing functional brain cells and common sense and Slott has neither

>It looks more like stores fell for gimmicks.
fixed

CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME:

A new Spider-Man movie is coming, and that means new Spider-Man readers. It's no secret that Spidey's sales have been slipping as of late, almost assuredly because people are sick of Slott's bullshit, namely the "lapsed readers" Slott himself refers to.

It wouldn't be surprising that Marvel might want to get someone else on ASM in time for the movie.

So, what if Danny Boy, being the egotistical jackass that he is, told editorial that HIS name and HIS stories are what sell ASM, not just the Spider-Man name? And editorial decided to call him on his shit by doing this?

If it truly is his stories that are drawing in the readers, they would buy Clone Conspiracy over ASM because ASM will be a tie-in.

This would explain why he's now in panic mode because pre-orders are still favoring ASM. He fears his next transparent publicity stunt won't bring back readers and he'll lose his job to Bendis

Start of new arcs

You'll get a backup in a Meredith Finch book and you'll like it

I wish I was joking

I still cry

Dan Slott is mad about people preferring the SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS book instead of the SPIDER-MAN: CLONE CONSPIRACY event mini that he's writing.

See OP text

>"Guise! Guise! That book that is titled like your standard mini-series totally isn't a mini-series! The main book, that is titled like normal, is totally not the main book!"
>"Please buy my book! Pleeeeeease!"

These are cries of desperation.

>tfw Renew Your Vows will outsell Clone Conspiracy because of a fuck-up in management
What a time to be alive.

youtu.be/SnL1e4-NfaA?t=1m11s

That's because Miles and Jess are Bendis' toys whether he's writing them or not. That means they have to be in his events, and naturally, Bendis doesn't share.

Add to that Shadowland which was just supposed to be self contained in the main DD book, but editorial decided it needed to be much larger.

A fate worse than death

Looking forward to a scanbro making slott asspained again

Just like SIXIS?

>""""Profesional"""" comic book artists are just paid webcomic artists with a schedule.

It doesn't even make sense, because MvC Spidey appears in two other games.

This gives me life.

A common sentiment among all the comic book fans I meet, even the ones that ate up Spider-Verse, is that his ANAD run is boring as fuck. It's great to see the sentiment being reflected in preorders

And Fear Itself. That was meant to be a Thor/Captain America crossover only.

How about that

Was there a follow up?

Of course there wasn't

lol what kinda nerdy debate club shit

Retailers probably know by now to not over buy these events lol

I think Infinity was supposed to just be a crossover between Hickman's books to finish off the "first act" of his story.

Yeah, I think so. I also feel like Thanos felt out of place there.