Okay, can we be serious for a second?

Okay, can we be serious for a second?

Why exactly do people hate this movie so much?

Because at this point it was just about making money

Yeah, it did seem like they were going more for quantity rather than quality for this one.

Formula played out, plot already spoiled by the fact the babies were splashed over every piece of merchandise and advertising, villain not as interesting as previous two, new protagonist boring.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I liked the Jeb Bush edit of this poster

I can't remember a single joke from the movie.

I remember Snow White doing a war cry type thing to get the animals to attack for her.

it was part of that one song.

>Two teens come out of a smoking carriage
>"Dude, you're burning all my frankincense and murr"
I like this movie

Yeah, Led Zeppelin apparently.

That's another example of this being meh. They did the same type of scene with I Need A Hero in 2 and it was way better.

Lupin the Third was better

do the roar

Arthur just sucked the joy out of every scene he was in. They also ruined prince charming.

I saw it in theaters and don't recall any of it.

>just about making money
buddy, all movies are about making money

>the only person standing on your way, is you
>me?
>Get em' lads

That's from the 4th movie m8.

You'd think that a movie franchise that was built on a bitter anti-Disney feeling would flourish when the studio finally got over their pettiness.

It instead went down the shitter.

>donkey turns around and has an ogre baby face
>"DA DA"

it was boring, the 4th one was great.

Because it's unfunny, the pacing is shit, the dialogue is awkward as hell, the Shrek babies are unappealing to look at (even though Shrek is supposed to be ugly he still has a visually appealing design), it rehashed a villain and it was just shit.

Never watched it, but it certainly had a hard act to follow considering that Shrek 2 was an absolute masterpiece.

I might be in a minority, but I thought 1 was better than 2 because 2 relied on too many references like Splash Dance, Alien, and just...a lot of others.

Anything that came out after the ugly babies was awful because they added ogre babies

I'm with you, Shrek 2 turned me off of anything Dreamworks until How to Train Your Dragon came out. The constant bombardment of 'Hey, look at this reference to something!" in Shrek 2 just made me sick.

You have to admit Satan, even with all the references Shrek 2 had a tighter plot and funnier jokes.

>implying that makes any difference

those made me chuckle

I think my least favorite thing about the movie was Arthur, the FFA raid and later the villain redepmtion was cool