Phineas and Ferb Thread

This show was clever, funny, and had a lot of neat premises for episodes.

Sure, it was pretty formulaic, but they acknowledged that in many episodes.

What's your favorite song? Mine is "Rollercoaster" from Rollercoaster: The Musical: youtube.com/watch?v=m5pHWuXYnaU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F7jq9eGRO6A
youtube.com/watch?v=3Zd_Q6B4-wo
youtube.com/watch?v=mzsYOkg1YYM
youtube.com/watch?v=_Gqk025pw6I
youtube.com/watch?v=LtapuYpZMWY
youtube.com/watch?v=E796DGfdQ8I
youtube.com/watch?v=ouKSsBi149g
phineasandferb.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_references_to_pop_culture/The_Rocky_Horror_Picture_Show
youtube.com/watch?v=nKbiiVbA4gw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best song is pic related

It was catchy, and featured comedic twerking. A double-whammy

Their mom was hot.

Candace always looked better in pants.

>Who P&F'ed here?

Best character comin' through.

Best BG character, Stacy.

Dat MILF.

Good taste.

Candace looks great with alt costumes.

How about her snacks?

youtube.com/watch?v=F7jq9eGRO6A

hmm.. Platypus Controllin' Me has to rank pretty high given how clever the lyrics were.

Would do dynamic things with, consensually.

I still wish they kept these three together, their dynamic made things interesting in the earlier two seasons..

>But Perry and Doof did take the biscuit everytime.

yeah hippie girl was cute. and her little brother was adorable. they should have been every bit as prominent as the hiranos.

Sadly, disney didn't want to pay Izzy's V.A two checks, so they wrote off Jenny and had the Fireside Girls do all the environmental stuff instead sadly.
Though more Stacy was nice.

This is quite the comfy thread.

wow she was jenny? I'm surprised she had that much range
in any case though, that's not how the biz works. For one paycheck you get 3 characters

I guess darq was wrong after all, going to do some research and rub it in his face.

>But still doesn't explain why Jenny was written off in the first place?

Raise the roof for the Doof

i love how he kept on trying to be topical but was clueless about what any of it meant
so he built like, a giant foot made of carbon to make carbon footprints with
i miss doof's daily dirt.

>Remember that this plot happen and was never finished.

>Candace and Doofenshmirtz are tied for best character on the show (Buford is 3rd best)
>the closest they get to interacting is Candace asking who Other Doof was in the movie, or the Perry the Teenage Girl thing if you count that
Did they ever have scenes together that I missed? Not totally sure if I've seen every episode. Actually I may have missed a lot now that I think about it

Night of the Living Pharmacist and the final episode. Candace and Doof interacted.

what exactly were you expecting?

And then this happened.

Something? Why even included it?

When did Candace and Vanessa first meet?

Someone should list the major lasting plot developments of the show, there can't be a lot of them.

I think they first met in the S'winter episode. They both got on a ski lift and started talking about the weird shit they have to deal with.

That's really strange, I would have loved to see their dynamic

because it was interesting. it was neat seeing how stacy knew how to play ball, and perry knew his secret was capable of being kept

Is that before or after they swapped clothing at the dry cleaners?

My favorite song is this

youtube.com/watch?v=3Zd_Q6B4-wo

Well before.

real OTP coming through

slight amounts of change when the show was slowly becoming more static in characterization. maybe a last ditch effort at something new, but not enough people were interested, thus everyone stayed their flanderized selfes

i know thats not the definition of flanderization, but i cant think of a word that is "character becomes a small facet of their original self, WITHOUT going to comedic extremes", other than character decay, and that doesnt sound right either

That, and Monty/Vanessa's relationship was never really expanded upon. Maybe the writers felt the show would be given an extra season to flesh out all those developments, but not to be sadly.

distillation and oversimplification. broadening, they used to call it. they became more broad over time, less nuanced
but really it was just that the show had gone on so long it would have been silly at that point to introduce anything new

I have heard rumors that Stacy's VA was very sick toward the end of P&F's run, so maybe there was more planned but it had to be cancelled because of her illness

Monty lost, although I don't get why he was invented in the first place really

The hard part about TV now is you never know whether or not you're getting a new season. that means not only do you have to be ready to wrap it up at any moment, you also have to be ready to keep it GOING at any moment. Sometimes they intentionally push shit off, saving it for later
in this case though i saw nothing of value in the monty vanessa relationship besides its initial genesis and the funny premise behind it, and then that one date episode. they needed nothing further.

Oh yeah that's the stuff

that'd be weird since, the way Cred Forums tells it, disney was using her in a lot of live action stuff so she didnt have the time for P+F
then again animation takes a long time to do, and they were sitting on the end of this for a LONG time. like, at least 8 months after it was completely finished they only just aired the last episodes. didn't even do it at the end of summer when it would have felt like it meant something...
so it's possible people's idea of what she was up to is totally baseless

>I don't get why he was invented in the first place really
It was funny. you didn't find it funny? Monogram having a nephew who doesn't want to follow in his footsteps? falling for a villain's daughter? I liked it.

wait Monty was his nephew? I thought Monty was suppose to be his son

Monty is his son.

was that it? I forgot. it just felt like one of those cartoon situations where you can't let them have kids because it means they had sex.. and we never meet his wife, but we hear about her..

>I'm not speaking metaphorically, the platypus controlling me is underneath the table!

Love it

there's also that one bit i didnt realize was a clever rhyme til I saw the lyrics written out (then again i'm kinda dense, i didn't even realize the believe in / steven rhyme in that theme song. basically anytime it switches from singing to speaking I get confused and mentally drop it out of the lyrics)

>Like corporations are a platypus
>The government's a platypus
>Your teacher is a platypus
My teacher is a panda
>Society's a platypus
>My parents are a platypus
>The media's a platypus
>It's all just propaganda

Doof's Daily Dirt was really fun. I'm really sad the youtube channel doesn't update anymore (and took down all their videos and moved to the Disney website). Really lame.

"breakingham palace" has to be one of the best puns in history

It took me ages to realize the line about the teacher being a panda was a setup for the propaganda rhyme.

It was like a music-gasm when I realized it for the first time.

Poi Poi Poi and a deetle deetle deetle

okay so it wasn't just me then
dan and swampy and martin are pretty damn talented. and there's one or two others that regularly contributed who are also known to be great music writers
to think, the new show has weird al involvement. so now in addition to what we got before, we'll have some lyrical input from the guy that wrote hardware store and biggest ball of twine in minnesota.. i mean shit.
if they were to hire demontomatodave somehow, we might just end up with a lyrical singularity that revives shakespeare and gives him a boner

This was a bit of an odd musical number.

Or maybe I'm just weird.

true

It's not really possible to pick an objectively best song because of the huge variety in music styles, but my favourite has always been Weaponry.

>Candace always looked better in pants.

Candace looked better in anything besides her default outfit.

a lot of the fireside girls' songs seem to involve pelvic thrusting youtube.com/watch?v=mzsYOkg1YYM

>That subliminal tension.

Indeed.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Gqk025pw6I

it's been pointed out before but:
>watcha doin
>watcha doin
>by any chance could it include me

And that bit from the movie, might be a stretch but it seemed a bit suggestive
>Isabella scratch's Perry's head
>his tail springs up and fires the ball hard
>Phineas yells out "Woah, mama!" while Isabella gives him a half-lidded smile
>Baljeet wanders in with "Did anyone lose a ball?"

Sadly I think Stacy went through a slight character decay in the forth season, more evident was her sticking her finger into a venomous spider cage.
I believe Ms Hu was just more busy with her live appearances on WB "Arrow" and I think CBS and other things, sadly I don't remember seeing her on any live disney shows.
>But mostly I think it was due to WB Live, and we all know about that friendly rivalry between disney and WB.

Remember this?

>Indeed

>1st episode was 10 years ago
Where did the time go, user?

I've never felt soo patriotic to a cartoon song before till now.
>I really wanted Norm to win this time.
youtube.com/watch?v=LtapuYpZMWY

But at least ONE BG pairing went right.

Oh wow. That's hilarious.

WHY DO MY NOSTRILS WHISPER TO ME

I feel like a Freudian could have a field day with Isabella's 'Phineasland' dreams

>Candace trips on psychedelics for an entire episode

This show is so awesome.

Monty sucked. Good riddance.

Is this an allergory to the USA?

youtube.com/watch?v=E796DGfdQ8I

>unironically watching kids' cartoons

I loved how they were able to get away with such suddleies.

I like guns in general.

>Who knows.

>suddleies
Reported for being underage.

Did you know Heinz was raised by ocelots?

are you shitting me

This guy knows what's up

>that one wearing sandals

wooow fucking rich bitch eh

Since Heinz is legally an ocelot, is Vanessa?

only for people who think of butt shaking as sexual rather than as a quaint old fad from the 70s

possibly, if it is then could Ferb theoretically get arrested for bestiality

Katie is the odd one out.
In the "real" show she is the only one who doesn't wear anything in her shoes, here she's the only one who isn't barefoot.

Obligatory : youtube.com/watch?v=ouKSsBi149g

I really wish they could keep him around somehow.

I adore PnF but I was fine with it ending; it had a good run.
But Doof is hilarious and one of my favourite characters of all time, you could put him in any situation and he'd still be funny.

I think ocelothood goes down matrilineal lines

>her little brother was adorable
You got to feel sorry for him.
He sort of got dropped halfway through and mostly replaced by Irving when they needed an extra.

Except for that one X-TREME ice hockey episode.

It's been 9 years. It'll be 10 next year.

That one episode where Doof was pretty obviously high, and the other one where he was hung over after an evil-mixer.

DOOFENSHMIRTZ EVIL INCORPORATEEEED.

I wish they would keep all the characters around in some fashion. It's not fair that just because the show ended they've dropped them off the face of the earth.

Invader ZIM kept getting shilled for a decade after that ended, why not Phineas and Ferb?

You flatter me sir.

>But don't nark to the bobbies that I'm high at work.

Burford is best boy.

aspect ratio

and then Isabella advocated nuking Danville from orbit (which Phineas and Ferb probably could manage)

They're old.

Wait so the show ended? I didn't even notice, what happened in the end? Anything interesting?

The final episode Candace activates one of Doof's inators that lets her repeat the same day over and over again. She constantly fails to bust Phineas and Ferb and ends up stretching the fabric of reality so thin the universe is about to end.

it was pretty awesome. candace wanted summer to never end and doof wanted to be able to do his crummy day over, and inator shenanigans allowed both.. but with consequences. it was great

Jesus christ, how did they not even announce an episode like that coming out? That sounds fucking insane.

>never watched Phineas and Ferb
>younger siblings liked it
>find out Richard O'Brien was a character in the show
>show has no nods to RHPS
>mfw
Seriously, I know it's a kid's show but why would you let an awesome opportunity like that go? Especially if your show is very musical.

They did. you have been severely out of it
i mean granted, the show's promotion overall was terrible, but this one's on you

phineasandferb.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_references_to_pop_culture/The_Rocky_Horror_Picture_Show

jeez all i knew is he hosted an old british gameshow. i might have heard he was IN rocky horror, but I had no idea he CREATED the damn thing
I knew that 'mind flip' thing had to be a gag. I thought it was on david blaine

There were plenty of references to RHPS in the show. At one point the dad (Richard O'Brien) is watching a horror movie on TV and muses to himself, "This is a horror movie? Where are all the rock and roll musical numbers?"

yes i candace

why does the fact that these images are old excuse the warped aspect ratio

Did we ever find out why?

because I made these months ago on a whim I think and I can't be arsed to go back and sort it out.

You're welcome to have a go if you want.

okay but, you had to do that intentionally. that isn't something that happens on its own
i'm not trying to be a dick or anything I just don't get how that happened

Is Buford the character who most frequently breaks the fourth wall?

>3.6 MB
?

Probably I think he's mentioned shit from the opening song a couple times and what not.

Reminds me of my favorite 3 Stooges gag.

Yes, but what the show runners refused to realize was that acknowledging and pointing fun at your shortcomings doesn't stop them from being there and very much a thing.

Plus, the had Richard O'Brien, author of, quite possibly, the most successful, completely original musical in the last 100 years, in a musical show... And they never got him to write 1 song for it? Seriously? That's like having Fred Astaire in a dance movie and having him just fucking narrate it.

This show was wasted potential, formulaic to the point of pointlessness and only went on for as long as it did because Cred Forums refused to stop throwing money at Disney so they could argue about who was a better waifu, Candace or Vanessa.

Thats not a genie, thats monkey's paw

Ok, as someone that has only seen a couple of episodes of this show (Which, as I understand it is so samey that that pretty much means i've seen every episode) I can see the attraction to Vanessa, but seriously, what the hell do people see in Candace?

Djinn, a form of Genie, are also known for doing shit like that.

She's the kind of girl you grow to love.

Candace has never been a favorite, but she is still a rather charming character.

it's the same thing, djinn is just the original anglicization of the arabic word
and really they never granted wishes, they were just straight up demons, imprisoned by someone holy, usually solomon, and if you were dumb enough to break the seal and let them out, they'd kill you in a fun theatrical way

don't get me wrong, there's a lot to hate about her
but there's a lot to like too. for one thing despite being a cliche fashion-obsessed teenage girl from a very well-to-do household, she's not a snob. her motivations to bust her brothers are strangely altruistic half the time, and the other half based on obsession. never vindictiveness or spite.
she's boy-crazy as shit and easily coerced by the slightest pressure. she would make a fantastic waifu.
plus she's in-universe attractive enough to be a model, aside from being under 5'10". which she can't be below by much

>He sort of got dropped halfway through and mostly replaced by Irving when they needed an extra.

Well, Irving was there from the start while Django was a later addition. Of course, they pretty much fused both characters into Baljeet.

One of my favorite things about that is that nobody pays the least bit of attention to the giant machine next to the pool. That sort of thing is just part of living in Danville.

Now, some weirdo up on the diveboard spazzing out, that's unusual.

>mittelshirtz
yeah that would have worked too

yeah basically P+F is the story of an entire town of people who thinks weird crazy shit is normal, except the ONE woman who would object if she knew, and her daughter who wants to make her aware of it but tragically can't. in a way it makes linda a profoundly disturbed individual. her worldview is that alien from everyone else's
all the times she does see something weird (particularly in cases where they're just showing you what would happen) and reacts to it, she's the only person in the tri-state area who would give any fucks, yet she acts totally baffled. she never asks why nobody else is questioning it.. never asks who's been allowing this to happen..

Danville is a strange place.

>yeah basically P+F is the story of an entire town of people who thinks weird crazy shit is normal,

No surprise; look how it started.

youtube.com/watch?v=nKbiiVbA4gw

>Yes, but what the show runners refused to realize was that acknowledging and pointing fun at your shortcomings doesn't stop them from being there and very much a thing.

Never said otherwise. The show was very obviously content to be episodic and formulaic; they weren't trying to revolutionize the animated medium a-la Shakespeare. They knew exactly what they were trying to be.

i DO think, however, that they revolutionized the formula cartoon. Probably the cleverest one ever. Possibly second right after pinky and the brain.