Sci Fi rec thread

Sci Fi rec threads?

So far I've read and would rec Omega Men, Prophet, Starlight, Descenders, Black Science, Manifest Destiny, and Tokyo Ghost. Kind of at a loss as what to read next thats in the same vein.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?gsef98x442wvbwh
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why have you only listed Image sci-fi?

Anyways;

Twilight
Resident Alien
Gardens of Glass
The Wrenchies
Old City Blues
Judge Dredd
The Incal

I actually own first prints of Twilight and Image is all I really know for sci fi stuff. Was thinking of starting Hellboy.

Nameless was cool

Which comic is that? You've got my interest.

>Gardens of Glass
That's a great book, but is it even in print anymore? Breakdown doesn't do large print editions and it was from 2014. Also I'm recommending OP check out the Aedena Cycle book Dark Horse is printing in November.

That's Twilight by Howard Chaykin

Simon Roy, form Prophet, has Jan's Atomic Heart ( and other Stories) which is a collection of short work before he worked on Prophet and his series from Island Habitat is getting a collection soon

How's Resident Alien? Always looked really cool.

Is the Judge Dredd America and Year One Omnibus good places to start?

>tfw Omega Men is already sold out on IST

I like the scale of Prophet. It's like all lore. I'm not a big fan of bio-horror and stuff and that's definitely part of it but I find it done pretty well all things considered.

They're decent enough. America I feel works best once you've read at least one or two other books, but it's a great story nonetheless.
I'd recommend The Complete Case Files for classic Dredd (volumes 4-5 if you want to start at the peak) or The Pit if you want something more modern.

Thanks Judge user. The Year One Omnibus is only like $6, are they not worth it or go ahead and get it too?

Oh yeah, 6 bucks is a great price for it.
Also, I know there's some smaller, manga-sized books of major storylines like the Dark Judges and the Cursed Earth. Those are a great starting point as well.

Nice thanks man added to my list. Is Origins by Wagner any good?

Yes. It's very, very good. That said, while you can go in blind with no problem, I'd recommend reading at least The Cursed Earth before you do.

Well Cursed Earth is $30, but Year One and Origins are only like $20 total. You dont have a mediafire link by chance?

Here you go: mediafire.com/?gsef98x442wvbwh
Mind you, it's expensive because they just got a lush-ass new reprint with a bunch of bells and whistles. You can get it much cheaper in the smaller editions.

What is the gender of the Asian looking human we see in Prophet that isn't a John? I always thought they were particularly ugly women, but I'm really not sure. Not that all women in comics have to be sexy, but they just seemed to lack any femininity, like, at all.

Is that Carter?

Wake is good

Based as fuck. Thanks man. I'll still pick up the trades if I enjoy the stories.

Transperceneige / Snowpiercer

Universal War One and its sequel series Universal War Two if you're okay with French comics.

I wonder how many people this page turned gay.

It wasnt even a page in the book just the like universe guide that I doubt a lot of people got.

bump