RIP C.Martin Croker

Croker animated various "TNT Toons" promos for TNT in the early 1990s and helped animate and design bumpers for Cartoon Network during their image change in 1998. Croker has also worked on various commercials and advertisements featuring well-known cartoon characters. He also voiced Moltar from 1997 to 1999 on the Cartoon Network programming block Toonami.

Croker was best known for voicing Zorak and Moltar on Space Ghost Coast to Coast. In addition to being the show's principal animator, it was also his idea to have Zorak and Moltar be Space Ghost's sidekicks. Croker also voiced Zorak on Cartoon Planet and The Brak Show. Croker also voiced Dr. Weird and his assistant Steve in the first two seasons of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and reprised both characters in 2007's Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters.

Died September 18, 2016 (aged 54)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/adultswim/comments/53f3bn/details_about_c_martin_crokers_death/
youtu.be/HaO5YY0gIi4
youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5ceg8zU40
youtube.com/watch?v=0VAF-4Er7_A
youtube.com/watch?v=jnhFYiQGkXo
youtu.be/89R8Wz-yCAk
projectq.us/atlanta/roach_infestation_doesnt_stop_sushi_at_ru_sans
wsbtv.com/news/local/midtown-sushi-restaurant-closed-over-cockroaches/243398389
patch.com/georgia/buckhead/ru-san-s-flunks-health-inspection
whatnowatlanta.com/ru-sans-reopens-under-new-management-after-closing-over-cockroaches/
adultswim.com/videos/streams/ghost-planet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

reddit.com/r/adultswim/comments/53f3bn/details_about_c_martin_crokers_death/

"I write this as a different person than I was 2 days ago.

I am destroyed and will never be the same.

Because so many have asked I wanted to explain what happened to my dearest Clay. I will not talk of this again here.

For the past 3 years not a week has gone by when I was not with Clay or messaging with him. He was my heart. Even when we had disagreements he messaged me to see if I was okay. Saturday, he was talkative and loving. . We went to Rusan's to eat sushi as we had done a thousand times before. Then to the bookstore . While there he began to feel sick. I turned around and could not find him and shortly after realized he had gone out to the car. I quickly rushed him home as he began to throw up. I put him in the bed and begged him to let me call an ambulance. He would not agree.

I stayed with him for the next 2.5 hours , holding his hair back and putting a wet towel on his head. He began to feel better and we decided it must be food poisoning. We talked about so many things during that time. Friends, new exciting work and our relationship. We laughed and kidded each other."

"He asked me to get something for indigestion at the store and I needed to bring my car back. So foolishly, I left for less than an hour to do this and returned quickly. The last thing he said was "How long will you be gone? Come right back. I need you here."

When I returned Clay was on the floor unconscious. I did CPR until the ambulance arrived and they pronounced him. This cannot be happening.

I regret leaving for those few minutes, I regret the ups and downs we sometimes had. But we always came back together and made it work. My saving grace is that we told each other often that we loved each other. We said it without hesitation and with a hint of a smile. We said it this day.

Clay loved his fans and friends so much. I heard so many stories about so many of you...I felt I knew you. He tonight would be sitting at his computer in awe, being humble and so very thankful for all the love that you have given him.

I do not know how I will go on. Safe travels my love. We will meet again one day."

So fucking brutal to read :(

He will live on in our memes.

Previous thread >TFW C Martin Croker voiced pic related once

Fuck man..I need a hug

Did Adult Swim do anything tonight?

>Croker has also worked on various commercials and advertisements featuring well-known cartoon characters
youtu.be/HaO5YY0gIi4

they're airing Elevator tonight at 12:30 EST/PST

Poor guy, what was his official cause of death?

He had vomiting and what I'm guessing was a seizure or something if he was on the ground. What did he have that could have gone 0 to 100 so quickly?

But was there anything in the bumpers?

well I think we can rule fugu out because he would have had more slurring and it would have been a LOT more obvious it was hospital time if it was tetradoxin poisoning
so.. probably straight up standard food poisoning. something really killer like botulism or something CAN stop your heart.

Really nice guy, I got to meet him at Monsterbash in Atlanta back in '07 or '08. Bought a really nice Obi-Wan Kenobi statue from him and he drew a picture of Zorak on the box for me

Huh. I have a dead guy's signature

On an unrelated note, Martin Croker once cheated me out of like 10 bucks

>watched SGC2C in early childhood
>started watching again only a week ago
>nerd out about it because I'm a nerd
>then this happens

God hates me.

Any streams for the episode tonight?

>I regret the ups and downs we sometimes had.

Why regret the ups and downs? I thought those were the things to cherish when you lose someone?

rip Zorak

Anyine got a stream link? I just wanna say if they say something in the bumps

Bump

AS is airing an episode or two of Space Ghost apparently!

Is there a stream?

>Cred Forums is literally the only place that cares
pretty funny

Jesus christ

That must have been some bad sushi. Good lord.

>The last thing he said was "How long will you be gone? Come right back. I need you here."

Would have that worked so quickly though?

I'm not too familiar with the amount of time it would usually take if he did have something like botulism, but I imagine his symptoms would have been much more severe in either case, enough for his friend and the man himself to realize they had to get to the hospital soon.

I wonder if we'll get more information about his autopsy after they arrange his funeral. It's spooky if it was something caused as innocuous as the sushi.

I saw it. It was kind of lame, desu since the first episode isn't great. Their words about Clay before it started were touching though. I wish I had recorded it.

what did it say

yes see

here are before elevator and after bump youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5ceg8zU40

Basically that there would be no AS without Croker. There was also a quote that may or may not have been something he said.

This made me tear up so hard man.

Also reposting a drawing that Clay sold to me at Comic Con last month, it seems so surreal that he passed away right after that to me.
I was hoping to see him again next year...

wish they picked a later episode as it would be more appealing to the adult swim audience

Yeah, it's a little weaker than the later episodes.
My mom still cracked up during the whole opening interview and the one with the dude who created LSD.

I don't dislike the older eps but the later eps did cement the comedy style of the original adult swim

Loved that movie.

Such a good guy didn't deserve to die like this

apparently he had just gotten a new show going, and was going to actually use his art for once instead of just adapting other weird shit

Fuck. This is really sad to read.

I met him once at Comic Con

Stan Lee is a dick

You in the right thread user?

Someone posted this in the previous thread. I gotta admit my eyes started watering when I saw it and I dont even know why. Its been a bad day

There was never enough oxygen in the studio ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=0VAF-4Er7_A

>Not knowing about Stan "Soul Sucker" Lee

youtube.com/watch?v=jnhFYiQGkXo

>probably straight up standard food poisoning. something really killer like botulism or something CAN stop your heart.

good to have a doctor in the thread, moron.

It just dawned on me.

Space Ghost has been off the air for over a decade officially, but it's shown up here and there throughout the years. The cancellation was more of a formality than anything, but the characters were still active.

But now it's different. Now Space Ghost, and Cartoon Planet, and the Brak Show, and in a way Aqua Teen are gone for good, and can't be brought back.

No more April Fools gags, no relaunches, no commercials, no online content, no nothing. It's really over.

There will never be another Zorak line.

There will never be another Moltar line.

Adult Swim, or at least the one I and probably a lot of others on this board grew up with, truly ended yesterday.

>Space Ghost has been off the air for over a decade officially
Technically, it's under a decade because Gametap brought it back for two seasons between 2006 and 2008

>There will never be another Zorak line.
>There will never be another Moltar line.
I mean there are replacements

>There will never be another Zorak line.
>There will never be another Moltar line
I mean there are replacements. AS would have to be pretty soulless to replace Croker, though

I dunno, I'd prefer the characters continue rather than be left silent forever.

I never agreed with the idea of retiring characters just because the actor died.

>he most likely died from sushi
>I got a thing of sushi for lunch today
See you in heaven soon Crocker.

I think the amount of backlash that they would receive for replacing Croker with a soundalike would outweigh whatever benefit they might get from it several times over.

I don't think even Lazzo is tone deaf enough to try something like that. At least not for a long LONG time.

Watching some classic SGC2C now.

"Isn't that cuuuute... he can't say apocalypse!"

Does anyone have any more information about what happened? Was it just bad sushi or did something else happen?

Someone with a medical background commented that it was probably a cardiac issue and that food poisoning by itself isn't going to kill an ordinary adult.

I decided to watch some old episodes, and this gag came up.
What is this guy from anyway?

I.. I didn't say..
And I also didn't say, but you're right about that.

youtu.be/89R8Wz-yCAk

>this video is now morbid in retrospect

>We went to Ru San's to eat sushi as we had done a thousand times before

projectq.us/atlanta/roach_infestation_doesnt_stop_sushi_at_ru_sans
wsbtv.com/news/local/midtown-sushi-restaurant-closed-over-cockroaches/243398389
patch.com/georgia/buckhead/ru-san-s-flunks-health-inspection
whatnowatlanta.com/ru-sans-reopens-under-new-management-after-closing-over-cockroaches/

wouldn't it be nice if someone in charge was tried for murder

Man

dont think your getting it back now
let it go

that is really a shitty way to die.

adultswim.com/videos/streams/ghost-planet