/sgc2c/- Space Ghost Coast to Coast general thread

Continuing this thread Space Ghost/ Aqua Teen/ early Adult Swim general discussion thread.

RIP Clay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HaO5YY0gIi4
youtube.com/watch?v=lsZ2CB0xB2Y
adultswim.com/promos/201005_vitaminwater/
youtube.com/watch?v=xA8Jn-mMfk4
youtube.com/watch?v=xr_fi5I5kjg
youtube.com/watch?v=GmaeU9gDEEU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvLpWmwuyt0
youtube.com/watch?v=dOJRK5raFgg
youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5ceg8zU40
youtu.be/XM7k-91YQE4
mega.nz/#F!3Iw0xDhL!fWIe0o9UTbPdLwR6FCMW7g
vimeo.com/90595295
streamable.com/iy23
streamable.com/zrrq
youtube.com/watch?v=AxGvRxYMQHU
youtube.com/watch?v=KEoxwHSRtl4
pastebin.com/eGen9i7q
splitsider.com/2015/02/adult-swims-mike-lazzo-responds-to-david-cross-and-h-jon-benjamins-accusations-again/
reddit.com/user/Mlazzo
youtube.com/watch?v=FfGD1sV9Tyk
youtube.com/watch?v=y8fa3SQU3L0
youtube.com/watch?v=jDN33J0lSos
youtube.com/watch?v=h1nQ2bncchs
adultswim.com/videos/streams/ghost-planet
youtube.com/watch?v=HfrPf9IgHjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When did c2c go best?

I'm thinking some eps of s4 were ultimate and then from 5 on out were just

So I've had this thought in my head for a while of how many shows can you link to Coast to Coast in a way to create a kind of multiverse.

So far I have:
The original 60s series and 80s revival
Birdman and the Galaxy Trio
Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Brak Show
Sea Lab 2021 and the original 2020
Archer
Toonami
Frisky Dingo
Blue Falcon
Johnny Quest
Venture Brothers

>Space Ghost Thread
>Nobody posting in it.

BEEFARONI!

Dexter's Lab seems part of Blue Falcon's universe since he had a crossover with Dynomutt and BF.

Last Cartoon Network season/ first Adult Swim.

Not a single episode that isn't god tier in either.

I miss the old Adult Swim
WHAT THE HELL WENT WRONG?!

BEEFAGHETTI!

I'll be honest, I feel like the show started to go downhill with Adult Swim. I feel like it got a little TOO weird and surreal so it could fit in with the rest of Adult Swim. Still funny, definitely, but it never sat well with me.

The stuff on the third volume of the DVDs is the golden age, for me.

Man, let's not do the "NEW ADULT SWIM SUCKS" thing in this thread. We'll do that again, tomorrow, I promise.

Just... not today.

From Harvey Birdman you can get to pretty much any Hanna Barbera cartoon.

Ok so we have

Dexter's Lab which then would add the Cartoon Cartoon shows
We also get Scooby Doo from Blue Falcon. Which brings in the Addams Family, Speed Buggy, Batman and Robin (bringing in the DC universe), Josie and the Pussy Cats (bringing in Archie and the Groovy Ghoulies).

B L A C K

J

E

S

U

S

>Space Ghost

We ever gonna get this comic?

i feel like the Björk episode was near their peak
also knifin' around

Toyboat

youtube.com/watch?v=HaO5YY0gIi4

Tabouyga

youtube.com/watch?v=lsZ2CB0xB2Y

I've got a poodle on my noodle and its name is Minky Boodle
Minky Boodle!

THE BUN IS IN YOUR MIIIIIIIND

Towubba

adultswim.com/promos/201005_vitaminwater/

The last great Space Ghost segment

One of these shows isn't God Tier:

SGC2C
Sealab
Harvey Birdman
Brak Show
Home Movies

Oops they're all fucking god tier

and SGC2C is the Osiris of that shit motherfucker

Well Cred Forums, I known you've seen more SC:C2C than I have or can remember...

Favorite episode? Favorite moment? Favorite character?

youtube.com/watch?v=xA8Jn-mMfk4

This song wuld be perfect for a Space Ghost revival show. Just got you hyped up for the most awesome shit ever, and then delivers a fucking insane, surreal, absurdist comedy show where they dare to get Conan O'Brien on as a guest, and then ignore the shit out of him for 15 minutes while Space Ghost follows an ant.

God I love Coast to Coast.

Eh, Brak Show had its moments but it was pretty mediocre. Dad was the best part.

>and then ignore the shit out of him for 15 minutes while Space Ghost follows an ant.

Thje first time I saw that, I actually starting falling asleep halfway into it. No joke.

mm.. probably chambraigne. it had the most solid laughs.
but in terms of just a moment, the exchanges with Björk, or Conan insinuating that he was a spaceman who died.
favorite character will always be brak. but it's zorak and moltar right after that.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell

I'm the Space Goblin,
and I'm here to say,
that eatin' vegetables
is A-OKAY!

>some kids get a job with turner broadcasting
>they manage the massive backcatalog of cartoon tapes
>they screw around with the old material and shit out Space Ghost Coast to Coast
>in an era when many broadcast stations still sign off for the night, late night cable is seen as dead air
>the higher ups let them play around with it
>they pretty much single-handedly created a new television demographic

this kinda shit cant happen anymore

imo there's three phases of SG. First 3ish seasons where they're throwing shit at the wall, seasons 5-6ish where they settle into a comfy, and then the last batches of episodes where it existed on adult swim. All of those eras have legit good shit.

Even in the "worst" episodes there's still this distinct feeling of creative motherfuckers trying shit out and seeing what works.

As much as "90s kids" are annoying I would agree that the creation of C2C could never happen again. the television landscape has changed so much since 1994.

Brak is generally better in smaller doses. Even on Cartoon Planet he tended to grate after a while. C2C made the best use of him and only featured him occasionally.

it was fucking around with shit based on what was given, pre-nostalgia

I could have used more brak on C2C
but yeah early on in cartoon planet he was a little grating. they had to tell him to kinda cut back on the mindless screaming

watching SG is spoilers for most of adult swim in general

I saw C2C for a while before cartoon plant and the brak amount was shocking

Space Ghost, Zorak and Moltar host Adult Swim's showing of The Room.

youtube.com/watch?v=xr_fi5I5kjg

Good shit, good shit.

Some classic [as] right here.

Now that Clay is gone we must protect George at all costs.

We can't lose both of them, Cred Forums. We just can't.

Don't forget Andy.

Don't forget about Andy.

Perfect Hair Forever

>57
I dunno man

This is gold.

Shit, I can't believe I forgot about Andy. PROTECT THEM BOTH AT ALL COSTS. GIVE THEM WHATEVER STAN LEE IS TAKING

Don't forget real life because of all the guests he interviewed.

Some how it all will go back to Saint Elsewhere. Everything does.

>happy april the first fools day!

so like, Moltar's voice was pitch shifted right?

Yes.

Also what does everyone think of the work of Alex Toth?

I honestly might cry tonight

Amazing

I want to say the commentary on the first episode of ATHF has Andy demonstrating the differences between 'early' and 'modern' Brak and he actually has to walk away from the mic to keep it from distorting.

Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo

They showed their pilots in a C2C episode called President's Day Nightmare

I shedded tears all morning

I remember that one episode of C2C where Moltar found Cartoon Planet

>what the hell is this crap
>and how come I'm not in it

Good stuff. Shame he's dead.

Wonder what he thought of SG:C2C?

Really great. A friend of mine has a print of this page signed by Andy Merrill.

>WHAT THE HELL WENT WRONG?!
Two things:
>Boston
>Turner decided to count Adult Swim as its own network for advertising purposes rather than just a block on Cartoon Network

If you like the still of old Hanna Barbera action shows then you have Toth to thank.

youtube.com/watch?v=GmaeU9gDEEU

I don't remember if he had a direct opinion on the show but I do remember him thinking it was weird that he was well-known for the design of Space Ghost when it was something be barely remembered.

Hearing Keke Luke's voice after being use to Merrill for so long is really jarring.

He's only 57? Shit. I first met him some time in the early 2000s and he already looked like someone's goofy old dad. He's probably aged into his looks at this point.

54, actually. Very sad.

You're a boy who was a man who is a tree.

Just saw the news.

Here's a piece of art Toth did for the Akira tribute book

Do you have those story notes Toth did for that Johnny Quest comic?

Space Ghost is done.

Aqua Teen is done.

Brak, Sealab, and Birdman have all been gone for over a decade.

And now Clay is dead.

Why bother with anything?

Shit guys, I just started watching this show religiously a few weeks ago.
I always knew it existed but never spent much time with it.
Zorak is my favorite part of the show.

Fuck this gay earth ;-;

that shit was gold

True [as] is gone.

It's really gone.

the question is, why have bothered to begin with
we all thought the world would be changed or something

What did you think of 12 oz mouse?

It alright

Unfortunately I do not.
You can how ever have an episode of Space Angel. A super low budget show Toth worked on in the early 60s.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvLpWmwuyt0

>TFW Squidbillies is the last in-house Williams Street animated production left, and will probably be the last one they make.

Anyine got a stream link? I just wanna say if they say something in the bumps.

i'm currently watching stream2watch just to catch tonight's sclopio peepio

BANJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Haven't said anything yet. Probably just gonna be a quick "In Memoriam" slide before or after the episode airs since adult swim hates all of their old shows

>tfw from Canada
>tfw didn't grow up with SGC2C
Sucks

So does any one have any theories on why Lazzo considers C2C to be "dead to him"?

youtube.com/watch?v=dOJRK5raFgg

i dunno, maybe just a "too many people asking him about it" thing but i dunno if that'd make something dead to you, especially for everything that came from it

Honestly I think people might be taking what he said the wrong way.

Space Ghost launched over 20 years ago. And while it means a great deal to all of us and probably still does to him on some level, he as president of AS has to keep thinking ahead, and can't dwell on past projects.

Or maybe he's just a dick. Which his behavior lately is leading me to believe.

I have never been so happy as when watching SGC2C airing live. Godspeed Zorak. Godspeed.

that would be all well and good if the network was continuing to improve and innovate

What the fuck is currently on? It looks like China IL.

Is there anyone that actually likes Mr. Pickles?

Harg Nallin', by same creator. It's Robot Chicken for pretentious hipster wiggers.

Other than edgy 11 year olds who only watched Superjail and Metalocalypse for the gore?

This reminds me about the weirdest thing that ever happened at my first job. I worked at an amusement park in Pennsylvania and in the same day I saw two different guys with two different Brak shirts on the same day. When I saw the second guy I asked him if he knew the first guy I saw with the Brak shirt, he didn't.

it's decent, in my opinion. I put on AS every so often in the background while I work and it got a few laughs from me
it doesn't really stand out as a show that I would bother looking up to watch later though

For some reason that reminds me of the fact there are two Zoraks. C2C Zorak and Brak Show Zorak.

>It's 1997

>I'm 8

>I'm at my grandparents house because both my parents are working nights

>My grandmother makes dinner and lets me stay up late as long as I don't wake up my grandfather, because he has work in the morning.

>Watch TV all night because my grandparents have cable and we don't have that at home

>Space Ghost Coast to Coast is on

>It's so weird, unlike anything else I've ever seen

>I laugh so hard I have to bury my face in a pillow to keep from waking my grandfather

>My grandfather is still alive

>I haven't dropped out of college yet

>I haven't started drinking yet

>I haven't gotten divorced yet

>My parents still talk to me

>My grandmother still knows who I am when I come to visit

That dolphin episode didn't have gore or a lot of it.

>tfw watching this tonight with the whole family
Feels good man, I'm glad I got to meet Clay last month at Chicago Comic Con and he was one of the nicest dudes I ever met.
Does anyone know if there's a donation thing for his family? I don't think he was married but I'd like to give something back.

oh shit, user same but at my parent's house

>summer break
>dad gets off of work around midnight and mom says I can stay up until he gets home because no school
>lets me watch cartoons in the living room
>remember watching Space Ghost trying my hardest to stay awake

one of my comfiest memories

;_;

Have a similar story, actually.

>Staying at uncle and aunt's house
>They let me and my brother stay up very late as long as we kept it secret
>We managed to stay up late enough that C2C starts playing.

SPACE GHOST STARTING NOW FUCKERS LOOK ALIVE

>Had a strict bedtime, usually 9 or 10.
>Get to stay up later on Friday and Saturday night, though discouraged to do so.
>Always wait until about 1am to catch the SGC2C intro and have a private rave in my bedroom in the dark.

i've never seen it, but i can tell you that show is so bad i put off watching bojack horseman for years because i thought it was the same thing. and on the same channel.
if only. it's more like complete nonsense that is occasionally very funny. this is the season finale i believe, and it was 11 minutes of nothing. but there have been quite a few okay episodes.
not enough to justify not canceling the show, but enough to give brad another chance to make something better

YEAH

TONIGHT

Ah, the good old strobe of the title card.

>There wouldn't have been an adult swim without him

It's true.

>that bump
>this intro
;-;

Anyone watching? What did AS say?

FUCK YES! They'd better be running an episode for Croker's memory.

That bump

Right in the heart

>Think of me when you look to the night sky.
;_;

WELL THEN

>caught SGC2C for the first time in the Mask VHS

>wait a couple of years to get Cartoon Network on my TV

>catch episodes every sunday night at 12:30 AM

>eat cheese dogs, spaghettio's, and a frozen pizza every time

>usually tired out or have the bad shits later in the day at school.

Good times.

Basically that his pen and voice were remarkable and that without him, there wouldn't be a Zorak or an adult swim.

>tfw had the opportunity to meet Clay at Chicago Wizard World in August

Fuck bros

Who watching?

I MISSED IT. pls tell.

My first introduction to this and other weird CN stuff, was at my dad's place.. well, his friend's attic.. which is where we were going for weekend visits for a while because he didn't have a place of his own. but they had cable, and I hadn't had it for a while because mom married some hillbilly fuck.. so i got to experience a little fun and weird tv, some Midnight Run, What-a-Cartoon, it was really a game-changer.
then he got a proper new apartment in a NICE rich neighborhood and we got to live with him and enjoy just.. just a fantastic age of TV..
until mom decided she didn't like his new wife and then back we went. at least that time we got satellite.

>turn on the tv
>its space ghost

man, it feels so good to watch this on the television.

Yes they are.

"Space Ghost is dead to me." - Mike Lazzo

Well, would you look at this.

>This interview

well yeah. he's a ghost.

Was SG:C2C always 15 minutes, or was it longer?

>Judy is turning 60 this year

>friends are jusy enemies that dont have the guts to kill you
Decades later SGC2C is still teaching me

>Judy Tenuta
That really is 90's...

It was always 15 minutes and Cartoon Planet used to be an hour.

That's the only reason they're showing it. Aside from the april fools marathon a few years back and a few 4 am showings, AS hasn't aired it in years.

Fire Ant is longer, but other than that, no, it's always been 15 minutes. I think.

I thought some seasons were 30 and some were 15

How the hell did they shoot this show again?

Ahhh, it's great to watch this on live TV again. That bump was super sweet and nice.

I forgot how cheap this looks, it's glorious

SG:C2C is one of the few good things to come from the South.

>tfw it took a beloved VA's death to play one of [as]'s best shows

JUST

Timothy Leary died 20 years ago.

For real though, is the Starburns Industry's logo music Judy Tenuta playing accordion?

"It's a-good show"

That one?

Also, Comet TV plays MST3K episodes at 8 pm if you like seeing old shows on actual broadcast

The celebs were usually interviewed for an hour by a guy in a Space Ghost costume. Then for the final product said interview is whittled down to 2 to 3 minutes. If I recall correctly...

Damn Id kill for a Space Ghost movie. Also why is his costume so fucking good?

I know these people they interviewed weren't exactly A list celebs but how the hell did they afford even them?

Haha, loved it when he just zapped Moltar and Zorak

two very strange things happened in the late 90s in atlanta
williams street
and homestar runner

Why do you think she did the accordion music?

...and Sonny Sharrock died 22 years ago.

Judy Tenuta was the voice of Black Widow.

So wait, why does everyone hate Mike Lazzo exactly?

They've pretty much purged Adult Swim of any pre-2010 show aside from Aqua Teen and Robot Chicken

>killing george lowe encourage [as] to play more of their greatest shows

that guy was usually andy merrill
some of them were kind of tricked. but generally you don't pay for interviews, they consider the publicity the payment

;_;

>that old cn logo

He green-lit Loiter Squad.

He's a blowhard.

The guy who did the music, Eddie Horst? I think he did a few years ago, too. I remember seeing a bump for it on Adult Swim.

He's responsible for the current state of [AS]

Anyone recording the stream? I got hit with a bunch of repeating ads by 12:30 and when the stream resumed it was already 3min into the show.

Wanted to catch the bumper.

C Martin Croker
1962-2016

press F to pay respects

o7

ribbit ribbit

He killed Metalocalypse

Squidbillies still airs on weekdays as well.

>this all happened 20 years ago
>Seinfeld was still airing new episodes
>those old CN logos

FUCK

Not if you're an insomniac. They're re-running Home Movies right now in the 4AM timeslot.

You can ask celebrities to talk to you for free. It's publicity and part of the job.

Granted, there are issues with some of them appearing on the DVDs, which is why many of the episodes didn't make the cut when they were being sold.

That ending with the old CN logo and animation was nostalgic.

*died

Oh yeah thats right. But everything else.

F

OK, so... Sonny Sharrock...Eddie Horst...now Clay? Am I missing anyone else?

He turned AS into the FOX rerun channel

I'd love to know how they tricked some of them.

Well, there goes my comfy time.

The episode of Seinfeld that aired the night before this episode was "The Fire".

F

is George the last man standing?

Fuck you Lazzo

When Eric Andre was first developing his show, he asked Lazzo for advice based on his experience creating Coast 2 Coast. To Andre's surprise, Lazzo told him that Space Ghost was dead to him.

That, and the fact that he's responsible for everything you see on current day adult swim, pretty much sums it up.

F

>They're re-running Home Movies right now in the 4AM timeslot.

Actually Off the Air is back there now.

But yeah these past two weeks Home Movies has aired at all since 2013 (and it hasn't gotten a full run since 2010)

No they aren't. They replaced it with off the air.

That lasted an entire week.

No, there's also Andy.

F

Look, I'm not a fan of the Seth McFarlane 3 Hour Power Hour, but do you really think that World Peace and Eric Andre and Squidbillies could pay the bills by themselves? You've got to look at the bottom line in this business.

Here's the pre and post-episode bumps in case anyone missed them:
youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5ceg8zU40

Aw man no more Space Ghost

Both Home Movies and Off The Air are great, so I'm happy either way It's probably because Off The Air has a new episode soon.

Aww,I thought they were airing a mini marathon.

>there will be a day where Space Ghost and Brak pass away
Are you ready?

I'm not.

Is Home Movies really that much of a ratings killer that Off the Air is better? not that Off the Air is bad, but really?

God damn user that was fast

Well, World Peace just had its season (series) finale couple days ago, so...

Adult Swim didn't air 6 hours of McFarlane shows a night up until about 5 years ago though. Somehow they managed throughout their first decade.

No mention of Space Ghost's Grandpa? Jesus Giblets what is wrong with you people!
youtu.be/XM7k-91YQE4

actors aren't the most with-it people. they're really full of themselves and really into their craft. they are involved in the PRODUCTION side of media, not the absorption side. you tell them "you're gonna be on this show, this show, this show" they just go "fine fine get me more cocaine"

This was probably the last SGC2C they'll play until probably 2020. You all know that, right?

It got 798,000 viewrs one day last week.

I'm ready

to die

yes ;_;

This reminds me of when G4 died and all they ran was COPS and Cheaters for some fucking reason

Every episode except for Table Read is up, so I've moved it into the main folder. DVD rips of every episode except the Mommentaries.

Other than DVR Theater of course.

It's only for this week, to debut a new episode. Home Movies returns the week after.

Home Movies and Off the Air both do incredibly well at that 4am timeslot.

What's happening in 2020?

It's not like Adult Swim has aired it in primetime since like 2009 anyway

Dave and Matt too.
Tom Roche if you're that into the show.
vimeo.com/90595295
And Lazzo, but fuck that

THANKS LAZZO

I wish this was exploited even more than it is. Wew.

Maybe they'll try harder and actually have a marathon after George Lowe goes.

Mike Lazzo dies, in tribute SGC2C gets a permanent time slot

Well, that sure is... a lot of reasons. Guess he really has made quite a few bad decisions.

The end of time.

Rip in pace picante ;-;7

Holy crap, thanks user

But of course, given their large back catalog, surely they could find a place in their lineup other than 4 AM to air originals

I have a surefire way to save adult swim. We simply uncancel Ugly Americans and put it on there, continue Metalocaylpse, and hire Harry Partridge to create a new show

>a few bad decisions
>a few

No, we uh KILL Lazzo.

I see. That was the first time I actually stopped to watch the show and was hoping to add it to my daily stuff.

They haven't aired this show in years. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't air even one more before this decade is up. The only way we'd see another on this channel is if Lowe kicks the bucket.

It did better than most of Toonami.

>a few
You're being too nice.

Well thats a given but Im thinking beyond that user

>mega.nz/#F!3Iw0xDhL!fWIe0o9UTbPdLwR6FCMW7g
I wanna suck your dick.

>We simply uncancel Ugly Americans and put it on there

Gross

>continue Metalocalypse

Sure, not a fan but Lazzo's put them through enough. They've earned it.

>hire Harry Partridge to create a new show

Now you're fucking using your head user

Do you have Home Movies ratings?

I said QUITE a few, though. There's a difference.

>if Lowe kicks the bucket
Way to jinx it, asshole.

There is still "a few" in your post.

That would be perfect.

>continue Metalocaylpse
I just want that finale Lazzo didn't want.

I bet that pissed the toonami general autists off a bit

I mean that's toonami's fault for putting so many long running shows in their roster and ending their night with a shitty rerun instead of something that's a classic with rewatchability.

Why doesn't he like Metalocaylpse again?

please

>yfw Lazzlo cancels Venture Bros

>Implying Toonami itself doesn't piss them off.

I can see it.

Fair enough.

waitaminutewaitaminute
there's a hunter x hunter anime?
it's on AS right now?

... it's doing that badly? christ. i mean i'll never have time to watch it, and i sure as hell can't stay up that late, but..

>MFW George is getting close to 60 and had a blood clot that put him out of commission for months a few years back

i really miss being 8 or 9, around probably 2004 sneaking to wake up super early in the mornings before school to try and catch C2C after discovering it. Most of the time it wasnt there so I just ended up watching Home Movies, Inuyasha, and Gigantor. But when it was there I was very excited

Dude. It's from 2011, and there was an older anime version from 1999.

You're acting like you're missing something valuable.

i didn't know it was even as old as 1999. the fuck. why have i never heard anything about it or seen a single screencap?

Met him a couple of times at cons in Louisville. Super cool guy. My little sister was with me at one and he complimented her drawings and even added a sketch of meatwad in one of her sketchbooks she showed to him.

Anyone got that copypasta of all the bullshit Lazzo has done?

This is a big problem with media in general today. TV, movies, video games, everything. Executives simply don't let the creative people be creative. They only think in terms of money.

You know the funny thing is that I was ecstatic when Toonami came back and yet I rarely ever watch it these days. Maybe its because their lineup begins at midnight

Yeah, I wish the way they managed the network schedule was better but that's how they roll. Wish they didnt repeat everything after 1:30am, for example. But it makes money, that's priority #1 for these networks.

Someone leaked a Home Movies HD remaster last month on the Adult Swim subreddit and said AS was remastering S2-S4 of HM and S1-S4 of Aqua Teen in 1080p 16:9, while redigitizing Space Ghost, Sealab, and Birdman to make it look much better (while still 480p 4:3), to put it in some The Splat like block. Look forward to that, hopefully.

Blame Gundam

That was in good taste.

which would be fine if they had any kind of imagination or willingness to take the slightest risk.. because everyone knows right now all that makes money is old shit
so.. have half a brain and support the NEW old shit. instead what youre doing is sabotaging everything, making sure there never WILL be a new old shit, so you won't be making profits off of anything created now, 20 years down the line. that is retarded. it's one thing to play it safe, but they're literally guaranteeing failure with their general behavior. they're eliminating any option other than failure.

Well, cap my post and feel free to rub it in my face later. I'll be there.

Did any of you ever see the pilot for Lowe Country? It was a day in the life of George Lowe.

Apparently the last season got too expensive to produce to some shit like that and Lazzo gave Brendan Small the boot.

i'm told it was because they didnt own the full rights to it

I blame the lineup, HxH looks amazingly generic when you put it next to everything else on the block, by the time Gundam is done most people are probably ready to tune out.

Aww, that was nice.

No, but I saw Earth Ghost...which was actually the same thing but with crap CGI.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x2x8mht

Well here's Lowe Country if you wanna watch it.

streamable.com/iy23
streamable.com/zrrq

Lazzo said during a stream it was because after Blacha stopped being involved in the production side Small basically turned it into a soap opera, which wasn't what Lazzo wanted on his comedy network.

You might not agree with his decision, but at least it makes sense on some level.

Thanks. Lowe seems like a pretty cool guy.

I guess Williams Street taught me that the South isn't all rednecks and child molesters after all.

Thanks for everything.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ANONS YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THESE

I love both of you more than many of my blood relatives.

It was the final fucking season, lazzo is just being a petty cunt.

He knew small just wanted to make a small ass finale and small said it was because he wanted a half season and not a full season.

This is probbbaly why venture brothers is getting fucked too, because it isn't funny enough and there is an actual story there now and lazzo can't handle anything aside from shallow stoner humor comedy.

but it's a legacy name! how many other shonen jump series can AS afford?
I hadn't bothered to keep track of their anime lineup for a long time because I knew nothing good was affordable

Brendon said a few months ago that there weren't any legal/funding roadblocks. He came to CN with ways to get more Metalocalypse made and they told him they weren't interested and that they owned the property and that's that.

I love you too, user.

Are there any mega links to this or Harvey Birdman? Been really interested in watching them.

You might as well point out he had 2 mill from a private donor along with a bunch of other donors who were willing to PAY to see an ending to this show. It wasn't even going to be out of AS pockets, and they told him to fuck off.

Lazzo is a cunt.

>he had 2 mill from a private donor along with a bunch of other donors who were willing to PAY to see an ending to this show. It wasn't even going to be out of AS pockets, and they told him to fuck off.

JEWS ROCK

>fax machine directly led to trash can

Never forget.

this is really really depressing for me
I grew up on this and cartoon planet and recently started watching coast to coast again
I specifcally remember the pod episode and after watching it recently I remember why moltar was my favorite character

>if we coat ourselves in iron we can go to a beach, then we can rust, becuase rust never rests
>I told you moltar if we could make it to the beach we wouldnt need to rust

>that one bump where they flat out admit that they love to crush Metalocalypse fans' hopes and dreams

It was at least five years after I saw that episode before I realized rust never sleeps was a Neil Young reference.

I thought it led to a Paper Shredder.

i remember when they admitted they hate anime too
eh.. i have to admit i understand their reluctance to allow another show to go the moral orel route.. which, lest we forget, was THEIR idea. it's lame when simple comedies turn into soap operas. and i had already lost interest in metalocalypse for pretty much that reason. i don't want a story

but venture bros is different

Look above for Space Ghost C2C.

Also apparently Warren is uploading now. Thought I was done after Table Read, nope. Last upload for sure.

Not gonna lie, I loved that trash can stream. That was classic Adult Swim tier fuckery

I can't believe how much that episode and series holds up
I saw it for the first time in like 10+ years and just kept losing my shit

>hey... hey blob... I hear the pods are talking about your mother... they said she is fat and ugly.

>So how did your plan go space ghost
>FANTASTIC but I came up with an EVEN BETTER PLAN

At least let the show go out with a bang. You already got so much unfunny garbage on the network anyways, might as well give the viewers something watchable now and again.

If they actually cared about quality comedy or something funny they wouldn't be airing Cleveland show.

>If they actually cared about quality comedy or something funny they wouldn't be airing Cleveland show.
But Mike's boyfriend, Seth, created that show.

brings in the ratings

>Also apparently Warren is uploading now. Thought I was done after Table Read, nope. Last upload for sure.
Thanks a billion, user.

Man, I saw that episode for the first time not that long ago, and loved it. I'll have to download it.

Or Warren, my bad.

Seriously. How do people still not get that if it weren't for the FOX reruns Adult Swim wouldn't have been able to finance all the original content they like.

Not every Adult Swim original is a cash cow like Rick and Morty. Most of them operate at a loss and only exist because Lazzo likes them.

Why must the good die young?!

still, if it was cultivated, if they treated it with some respect, audiences would follow. the kind of mindless normies who watch shit that gets high ratings are the kind who WOULD watch AS if they just got any indication from the network that "you should be liking this, and talking about it with your friends, who will in turn watch this"

then again, ratings seem suspiciously fictional. have you ever actually heard of a real person with a nielsen box?

F

something something Stan Lee something something life force

Its really a trip to go back and watch
the aqua teen, pods, and carl wash are so strange to remember after sitting through aqua teen hunger force
honestly I forgot about it and it blew my mind to see them all cross over in such a way

good night hosers

i dedicated this post to clay martin croker

thinking of him as i look to the night sky

and praying that andy and george aren't next

Adult Swim just aired a memorial bump to their tape library. Probably means they've digitized it all so it might be like what I said about them launching higher quality versions of their older shows soon. Reason they never air their older shows apparently is because they looked awful in HD.

Also, everything's finally uploaded. I'm out.

You're doing God's work...and I thank you.

it really is true how a lot of old shit looks bad in HD and vice-versa.. but it's not as if the visuals matter on a show like this

But I don't like any of the content. The only content that is decent is venture brothers, and rick and morty.

Them funding 12 people doing ghetto stupid ass fights at 4AM and people sitting infront of a fish tank fucking up games while talking to people too high to actually know what they are doing but want to hear themselves on TV isn't a good use of this money. Along with ironic infomericals that never see the light of any time slot outside of 4AM. All the live action shit isn't funny either, eric andre isn't funny, loiter squad wasn't funny, that new world order show or whatever the fuck it's called isn't funny either.

It would be different if they are producing enjoyable content but all the good content that people enjoyed they threw into a vault saying "NEVER AGAIN WILL THIS AIR" and we sit around hoping for something good to finally come out of the tubes instead of turd after turd.

Even toonami fucked up. They have a bunch of long running shows on their line up which means no new shows outside of one or two shows that get changed out. Then they also cut the slot of nostalgic reruns which is what people wanted to re-air seth shit.

We all understand the purpose of Fox JR. but Fox JR. doesn't give us any products that we actually enjoy and instead we get more stoner crap that I don't want to get high to find funny.

If we stab Stan Lee in the heart, do you think we can get back everyone we've lost to his dark magic? Nimoy, Yelchin, Pratchett, Croker, and so many more that we've lost these last few years?

>The only content that is decent is venture brothers, and rick and morty.
You forgot Mike Tyson Mysteries.

You are right, I thought it was canceled because it hasn't released anything recently.

>implying he even has a heart

It is in every way imaginable "not his style"

Lazzo is a huge fan for anti-humor and "Dark humor. Coast 2 Coast is neither of these.

It's not Loiter Squad.

Yeah but C2C is one of those shows that normies find "boring" because they choose not to develop the right mindset

F

the stupid thing is fox jr is supposed to air on FX. they called it animation domination. it was great. then they didnt have nearly enough shows, so they had to keep re-airing the same shit over and over.

It just got done with a new season. problem is that show has short-ass seasons
15 minutes of following an ant isn't anti-humor? (heh, ant)
an episode that aired twice in succession but with a slightly modified ending isn't anti-humor?

Ha ha these sure are comfy stories

oh

"Ants are so stupid..."

Glad I have the DVDs, watching volume 1 now.

Did anyone ever find out what the ending was?

Anyone that has worked with the man or was unfortunate to have to be in a room with him more than twice comes away with a bit of contempt for the guy.

He is an aging weirdo that is convinced he is the coolest person to walk the Earth and has his legions of worshiping fans while he simultaneously epitomizes the term "hipster douche,"

From a viewer standpoint, he tells you what you think is cool, you are too small to decide that yourself.

Here's another comfy one user:

>Be me, around 5 or 6
>Parents pretty strict about staying up late
>On occasion they'd relent, and on those times we'd all stay up to watch stuff like Speed Racer and, of course, SGC2C

Sometimes the humor went over my head, but I still remember laughing plenty at the show with my parents. They still look back on those times fondly as well, it's kinda nice.

Don't forget all the shitty 80's movies.

That channel had nothing to do with the core concept of G4 by the end.

He started out sharp and creative and full of new and interesting ideas, thriving on the adversity he faced in getting his projects off the ground.

Then he found success. And it dulled his creative edge. And he surrounded himself with yes men. And he became complacent. And now he still thinks he's the same creative young outsider he once was, but in actuality he's just another cog in the machine.

It's a story that's played out the same way a thousand times. See George Lucas, see Tarantino, see Kevin Smith

Is that you Thaddeus? Your pet monkey hit me with a folding chair.

The problem is not with the airing of those shows themselves, but the extent to which they're aired

>i remember when they admitted they hate anime too
Oh yes that 8 months of no anime at all and their using the bumpers to insult people who were asking what happened. They just randomly cancelled like 4 shows mid series without a word then they start claiming they hate anime.

It still never returned to weeknights. I always thought weeknight schedule was the only way to show insanely huge series like One Piece and Bleach.

Didn't they just order more FLCL?

The Eric Andre Show does it now.

I really wonder how much of this is the timeslot and not the show itself.

The McFarlane stuff is in the 9-13 timeslot then the Adult Swim stuff starts after. But by that time a lot of people have gone to bed because jobs/school etc. The good timeslots where the largest number of people can reasonably still be awake for it are firmly in the McFarlane block. I really wonder if anything else can work at 10 instead of more American Dad and Cleveland Show.

God bless

>we want more anime
>here is more anime
>no we want this new show right when it airs
>that's expensive but we'll try
>no we want it subbed
>only a small minority likes subs
>fuck you we're not watching it then

I just watch [as] for Squidbillies and the occasional late night rerun of old shows like Xavier and Home Movies.

The only good thing coming is the Samurai Jack reboot so I can't give up on Toonami.

He sort of reminds me of the 80's-90's Mtv top execs with their "We decide what is cool....you zombies will eat it up!" Only not many are following Lazzo when he tries it. He's just an incredibly awkward guy who still comes to work in purposely torn jeans.

i remember when gargoyles got put on way late at night on toon disney
it became our just before bed thing that we liked to watch, sometimes together. mom was fond of it

They are funding two new seasons of FLCL, and they are continuing to get the rights to new series air rights (for Toonami anyways).

I'm pretty sure kevin smith is still enough of a nobody that he doesn't appear to have sold out. all he does is a podcast.
chicken and egg, man

Not during those months, there was no anime at all. The channel removed everything. And Moribito and Bleach were mid story.

When people flooded the forums asking what happened they just made fun of them over and over again.

FLCL was added to the immediatel lineup after they started the anime again. And reruns of the 03' FML series.

You just KNOW that some AS people wanted to do a Space Ghost/Brak marathon after tonight's new episodes aired, but Lazzo nixed it.

>Facebook
jeez even graffiti has ads now
of all the things to continue, they chose the miniseries that had no business continuing.
howbout instead of 'more furikuri' you contact gainax and be like 'give us the new furikuri' huh? howbout that
howbout you get the cowboy bebop guys and be like 'hey no hard feelings about champloo, you guys want another shot?'
fuck endlessly extending old shit, give us the new shit made by the old PEOPLE

Maybe, but Space Ghost is a unique beast when it comes to red tape.

Having celebrity interviews that are less than flattering has a tendency to mess things up when it comes to re-airing or releasing episodes.

There are some episodes to this day that haven't aired again since their first showing for this exact reason.

F

>Not during those months, there was no anime at all. The channel removed everything. And Moribito and Bleach were mid story.
Looking at the dub airdates, the gap in Moribito was between November 2008 and August 2009. During that same period of time, Bleach premiered 56 episodes (most of 2009 it was airing two new episodes a week).

Anime never left at any point, at least not for more than a few weeks if at all.

>tfw just realized that Croker died one week after the 50th anniversary of the original Space Ghost series

Bleach was not coming on AS during that time user. Cancelling it did piss off a shitload of people.

And almost exactly a year after Aqua Teen went off the air.

youtube.com/watch?v=AxGvRxYMQHU

Friend of Clay's, met him 3 years ago at Pensacon. I saw in his chair and pretended to be him (my Zorak is pretty good) while he went to the bathroom for a break (they treated him poorly at Pensacon).

I remember a Daredevil artist next to me cracking up lol.

He was a genuine humble person, and was super cool. His personal art he worked on was beautiful, and he was getting some big deals too last we spoke.

He had his issues with AS but loved the fans. He really enjoyed Rick and Morty. Also, he did a lot of FX work for Your Pretty Little Face is going to Hell.

He drew this for me, from my favorite SG episode.

The last thing we spoke about was day before yesterday about how much he hates All Dogs Go To Heaven, and how he walked out of the theater when it was playing lol.

sorry im really high at the moment so I'm mistyping stuff a lot.

He did this commercial btw

youtube.com/watch?v=KEoxwHSRtl4

>Moltar says "They cut the power." as Lazzo's name appears in the credits

Fuck.

>He had his issues with AS but loved the fans.

It seems like a lot of the guys from the Space Ghost era had a falling out with the company. George Lowe was particularly vocal about it. Can you give any insight into what happened there?

Also, sorry for your loss. I only met him once and only for a few minutes but he seemed like a really sweet guy.

I know that feeling user, it was so great up until the end of 2014 when Space Dandy and Hellsing Ultimate ended, plus the assholes at CN cutting the block down to 3 hours right when HD Bebop started airing.

Goddammit I hate this planet.

didn't he have a blood clot a few years ago?

>Bleach was not coming on AS during that time user
I have DVD-R recordings from 2008 and 2009 to prove you wrong. I can link to archived discussion threads for Bleach premieres throughout 2009. Whatever period of time you're talking about, it wasn't during Moribitos run.

>tfw they could have given us a final third season of Big O instead of FLCL
fucking hell

And you would be lying

Yup. Andy might be the last man standing before too long.

>Gainax
>'give us the new furikuri'
I don't think modern Gainax is capable of that.

>Douchebag Penn Jilliette in an episode

I'd get rid of that one if it wasn't from such a perfect show

Helps that they just make fun of all these assholes

And 15 years to when Aqua Teen and Adult Swim first premiered

fuck this is eerie

Sorry for your loss man, I met him a month ago at chicago comic con and he seemed like a really swell guy

Thank you. He gave me great advice once that helped me, and we had fun when we got to meet up.

I would need to go over the messages between us again, but a lot of the stuff that went down was during ATHF if I remember correctly.

Dave Willis and co. did not want to end it, and Clay wanted to continue working. AS killed it.

A lot of it has to do too with their direction and practices, hiring cheap labor for animation, shows etc. I'm really weird about misphrasing so again I'll need to look back on some messages.

He didn't talk to George Lowe very much after Space Ghost either, and wrote a really funny joke on our figurines about him and his mom haha.

He did have a sweet gig at a whole new show though and was working on that, last time I spoke with him about work they chose him and his art (imagine Archer but with this sick oil painting look mixed with Hanna-Barbera looks, but gritty) but idk if that hit the ground or not.

Here's another he did for me, not as personal as the first one though, sentimental reasons.

space ghost's dialog with teller is so good though

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

I went to Dragoncon a few years ago and met a lot of the Adult Swim guys.

I was just looking through those old pictures.

I've got pictures of me with Dave Willis, Dana Snyder, Carey Means, Unknown Hinson, Doc Hammer, Jackson Publick and George Lowe.

I FUCKING FORGOT TO GET A PICTURE WITH CLAY CROKER. HE'S THE ONLY ONE I DIDN'T GET A PICTURE WITH. I DON'T KNOW HOW I FUCKED THAT UP BUT I DID.

I know this sounds like a retarded thing to be upset about but Jesus fucking Christ I'm going to regret that for the rest of my life.

>There are some episodes to this day that haven't aired again since their first showing for this exact reason.
are there any that straight up arent online? this would be a good time to get our scrounge on. not a lot of lost gems left in Cred Forums as far as i know

we feel you user
to us few who enjoyed him and his work
his loss feels very devistating

Man this is still stinging me hard, it still doesn't seem real.
The story of his death really is heartbreaking.

That's not really... what I would like either. Did it even need a second? Fuck, did it need a first? It was a lot of pretentious nonsense in the end, with seriously weird designs.

Yeah well if you asked anyone at the time whether then-current gainax could have done anything like that, they would have laughed at you.
as far as i'm concerned, mahoromatic proves they can do anything
surely he gets a pass for being a douchebag because he admits it and tears down other douchebags

There's bootlegs of all of them floating around online, but the quality of some of them is less than stellar because they're VHS rips.

Yep, that's why it belongs on [AS] because nothing could be a straight forward decent show.

The higher ups at [AS] are as hipster as you get and the most convoluted shit you can think of that doesn't make sense is the only thing they declare as quality storytelling.

Go figure [AS] admins are a bunch of hacks with no taste.

please let me suk yo dick user, you are the great

>day before yesterday
christ this must be absolutely fucking with you
>cheap labor for animation
I mean, it's not exactly akira is it? It was already so cheap it's not like it could have cost much. and I thought all that shit was done in atlanta

was jeb bush a george lowe character

>surely he gets a pass for being a douchebag because he admits it

Fuck no, that self awareness makes it worse

Don't worry
you can get a picture of him now more easily than ever, he's not moving around.

100%, weirdly enough he also appeared on the fucking Emmy Awards tonight.

>Jeb Bush

>Having a fraction of a fraction of the charm, energy and charisma of George Lowe.

This is how I feel. It just doesn't feel real, goddamn.

Really wish I got to meet him at a con or something. Love his art.

Yeah but you know, why pay US workers a living decent wage to do animation when you can pay the koreans or some other sweat shop animation studio a fraction of their paychecks.

would they even know how? That's like having a car company make toy cars for you.

Jeb or George? Because neither one of those seems likely.

Yes? Exporting animation labor is a very common practice and has been for many many years. I'd like to put a solid date for you but it's been quite awhile. Fuck as I recall ATLA did it all the time.

I was lucky enough to meet him last month, I think that's why it's hitting me so hard now.
It brings back bad memories of losing my friend in college and speaking to him literally two nights before he died in an accident (weekend before our finals too).

I don't know why I bother going on sometimes, I keep losing loved ones every year and it seems like shit just keeps getting worse by the day.

Just watched through the art gallery on the volume 1 DVD, good stuff. Filled with tons of art Clay did for the show. I'll have to get some screenshots later.

Holy fuck, that's clever.

As far as I know all of the SGC2C episodes were put out on DVD unedited except for the episode with Joel Hodgson. They were riffing on some Ultra 7 footage and it was replaced with people doing some dumb home movie with costumes and stuff.

Fine mate. Just to entertain you, heres that list of discussion threads I promised:

pastebin.com/eGen9i7q

Now provide me counter-proof that backs up your claims of anime not being on Adult Swim in late 2008- early/mid 2009.

>comparing George Lowe to Low Energy Jeb

>ATLA did it all the time.
yeah no shit. you're not hearing me
we export the kind of animation that needs to come back quality. would they have any idea how to make the cheap cruddy flash animation that, i am finding out today, croker was doing himself?

fuck if it wasn't for jeeeesus i sure as fuck wouldn't have bothered hitting double digits. Don't know how anyone does. If there's nothing higher than you, there's demonstrably no point to living. I think most unaffiliated people just sort of hope there is something, and gamble on figuring it out later, since a bunch of nothing sure doesn't hurt you in the meantime.
still, if it can just become more habit to turn your own motivation for happiness into helping out other people in need, then you're all set.

so they're on DVD but NOT on TV. that's the opposite of how that usually works, you manage to square away the perpetual TV rights but you didn't finagle the home video rights. or you did, but some dumbass lawyer decides DVDs count as a new format so VHS rights weren't grandfathered in
we need to start eviscerating the lawyers before shit gets any worse

These are great, something about his art style really stuck out to me, even as a kid. Did he have a website or gallery or anything with other stuff he did?

Again thank you everyone. Ive lost two family members this year, but idk why but him not being around upsets me.

I think because I got so used to keepijg up with him and just the funny or weird stuff he would post.

In terms of the animation though Clay was doing all the assets and art in much higher quality after gettijg access to the OG Babera.reels and slides. There were.certain characters they couldnt touch, but oherwise it was fair game.

Fun fact about Clay: He has the ATHF lost episode, the one about the Boston bombscare. He showed it to us and had it posted online for a bit before forcing him to.take it down.

Also went back and re read messages, I will post what he told me. One sec.

how do you just freehand something like this? or were there pencil lines that just didn't scan

Funny seeing this here. I just got done ranking this show the #5 CN original series in another thread.

>The way they shit all over 2001 a Space Oddessey

didnt we end up finally getting that episode? I feel like I remember seeing it. Wasn't really a huge loss, just an important message.

Yeah I can't imagine what would happen if someone I was actively following died. I don't .. really actively follow anyone.
But it's weird how that shit can hit you. I found this neat game online 'the flowering nose in slugland' done in friggin java of all things, got really into it.. beat it.. felt weirdly emotional. possibly due to the nice music (he made the music too). Checked into the guy that made the game... aaaand he was dead. fell off a roof.

No these were personals. And he posted on his private Facebook a bunch of his pics.

Re-reading messages, he said that Dave Willis.went freelance, so Lazzo didnt like that and canned Aqua Teen, plus was just giving him a blanket check because Dave had to wear multiple hats.

Lol reminded me right after.he sent me that we spoke about this "redneck science chicks vs bigfoot vs yeti" live action he was working on hahaha.

Fuck im going to sleep. RIP Clay.

>Dave Willis.went freelance, so Lazzo didnt like that and canned Aqua Teen

Is there any major controversy in Adult Swim history that can't be summed up with "Lazzo decided to show his ass"?

>Ultra 7
Didn't they also use Ultraseven footage on Cartoon Planet? Why was that a go to show for Ghost Planet Industries? Just because Turner had the rights to it at the time?

>Just because Turner had the rights to it at the time?
probably a combination of that and Toku footage being very suited to comedic spoofing

You were right, user. sorry for my stupidity, all.

>look it up
wow, I never realized before just how much this inspired other shit. Chi Chi's helmet with its throwable blade and central beam-emitting gem is straight up him, and so is kirby's cutter helmet
i still could have sworn they had a no-anime period. much earlier than that though. back in the inuyasha days.

LIST OF THINGS MIKE LAZZO FELT THE NEED TO DROP WHAT HE WAS DOING AND CREATE A REDDIT ACCOUNT FOR:

>Getting into wildly unprofessional slapfight with David Cross

>Getting into wildly unprofessional slapfight with Jon Benjamin

LIST OF THINGS LAZZO DOESN'T FEEL ARE IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO USE THIS REDDIT ACCOUNT FOR NOW:

>Answer an occasional question

>Put out a statement every once in a while about the network.

>Announce a new series or premiere for returning series

>Communicate with the community in any way whatsoever

And now, most egregiously of all

>Put out a statement about the passing of one of the people who literally helped create Adult Swim from nothing.

You were my idol once, Lazzo. What happened to you?

Is there anywhere to find ALL of the GameTap episodes?

doesn't have them.

well he did say something on something
i have to imagine professional people are too busy to figure out how reddit works. it's pretty confusing.
you shouldn't have idols, man. there's a whole commandment about that. the one where god admits he's jelly.

>Getting into wildly unprofessional slapfight with David Cross
>Getting into wildly unprofessional slapfight with Jon Benjamin
Wait, what?

What were the slapfights about?

>the samefaggery

kek, nice user

splitsider.com/2015/02/adult-swims-mike-lazzo-responds-to-david-cross-and-h-jon-benjamins-accusations-again/

reddit.com/user/Mlazzo

>2003-ish
>had to be like 7 or 8
>I didnt know about the internet
>watched Dexters lab and Scooby Doo Where are you? with my dad and baby sister while my mom was at work.
>Scooby Doo came on at 7pm
>helped make hamburger helper and then ate it while watching cartoons
>one day my dad gives me a CD
>a bunch of .mov files of cartoons
>schoolhouse rock, looney tunes, etc
>cartoon_planet.mov
>whats this
>I SMELL TURKEY
>TUNA FISH
>BIG BEEF JERKY
>POTATO KNISH
>I SMELL ONIONS
>PIZZA TOO
>THE DOG NEEDS WASHING
>AND SO DO YOU
>youtube.com/watch?v=FfGD1sV9Tyk
>listen to it all the time. The only thing I really remember from the 5 or 6 cds he gave me
>fast forward to middle school
>into youtube poops and watch them with this one friend
>remember that one song from when I was little
>"dude look up "it smells like cartoon planet" "user, what is it?" "just search it on youtube trust me"
>I SMELL TURKEY
>TUNA FISH
>BIG BEEF JERKY
>POTATO KNISH
>I SMELL ONIONS
>PIZZA TOO
>THE DOG NEEDS WASHING
>AND SO DO YOU
>watch all the Cartoon planet shorts
>braks skool dayz, never trust a monkey, all the brak songs
>move
>find out about mc chris through weird al
>listen to cool music
>go to comic shop
>see jazwares space ghost "oh yeah this guy is from "I SMELL TURKEY"
>buy it
>buy SGC2C, Brak show on DVD
>none of my friends think its funny
>fast forward a few years to 3 weeks ago
>I now own the SCG2C Space ghost figure with Moltar
>just bought ATHF season 1 on DVD
>got to disc 2
>Zorak, Moltar, Dr. Weird, and Steve die
>why

Not really, no

The man is still pretending he is 19 and possibly in Highschool

He has a whole lot of problems long before we get to his issues with people who do not worship him as the lord of all that is awesome.

went into a comic shop in New Orleans and saw a Brak Show shirt signed behind the counter. The owner said that a few years ago, Andy came in and was looking for space ghost stuff. he saw teh shirt and signed it. The owner said he is really buff looking

>The owner said he is really buff looking
Figures, he used to wear the Space Ghost costume for Cartoon Planet. That was him dancing during the intro every episode.

So what will you all eat in memory of Croker?

For me? Beefaroni

Did they change the definition of buff to mean 'similar in color and shape to a marshmallow' while I wasn't looking?

BeefaGHETTI!

I UNFREEZE YOU

FREEZE ME AGAIN

So you've been watching now The Room, what do you think-

I think it sucks.

Adult Swim Brain Trust:

youtube.com/watch?v=y8fa3SQU3L0

youtube.com/watch?v=jDN33J0lSos

I'd like to believe them treating the fans like this is some elaborate way to promote a new season without telling us well get it.
That it's an act to emulate how Dethklok is towards their fans and if it is we should be thankful it's just a fax machine.
But what lazzo is doing is wrong and I hope someone takes his place real Soon because I can say I've gone from watching adultswim everyday to nit having watched it in years

One of the reasons people are migrating to online stuff, I guess, where pretty much anyone can publish some off-kilter thing and potentially make it big. Then all the suits have to do is recruit the talent.

Lazzo

this is the start of a gay anime right here

>Cancels Aqua Teen without warning

>Cancels Metalocalypse and taunts fans about it for two years

>Renews Robot Chicken year after year when its been getting progressively worse for at least the last five years

>"Space Ghost is dead to me"

Anyone have the copypasta that's a full list of all the shit hes pulled? I thought I had it saved but I cant find it.

Space Ghost's whispers triggers my asmr

Open wide Lady Liberty, because Space Ghost is coming to America... TODAY!

>Heh, open wide. That's gonna slide right by the censors.

Moltar introduced me to sailor moon, which made me start drawing.

Thank you Moltar.

Was he the best guest to ever come on the show?

Hint: Yes

Would probably help if I added an image

>not bjork

Metallica

I've never known love, Carol....

i want woman love!

Aw yeah baby

>Murderer Andy Dick in an episode

Shame it had to be with living legend Steve Allen.

Teach me how to DVDrip and I'll rip and upload my DVD copies of the 3 Mommentaries

It's interesting, you look at how [as] treats their shows, then look at Archer. Reed tries a couple of shows on [as], get fucked over, goes to another network and boom, one season a year with no sign of cancellation. [as] really is a shit channel.

also
>tfw metalocylpse will never end with a reveal that the whole thing is just a movie being made on Home Movies

Speaking of Birdman, does anyone have the Wii .iso of the game? The only torrent I can find is stuck at 86.1%

GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD

I HAVE DUG MY OWN GRAVE

This series makes me chum

I went to bed after I posted the pastebin. Sorry if you think Im pathetic enough to fake an apology from the person I was talking with.

does anyone have the original versions of certain episodes that were atered for dvd release?

Blast him.

Pipe down!

>come home from work
>see the article

>be like 4 years old
>cousin comes over for sleepover
>it starts getting late
>uncle is a big space ghost fan
>turns on cartoon network
>i fall asleep on the living room carpet as my uncle watches space ghost

that was like my earliest memory of cartoon network, i didn't start watching dexter's lab and johnny bravo and stuff until about a year later

A lot of people don't realize how important SGC2C was.

Cartoon Network was purely a venue for Turner to put all the reruns from the Hanna Barbera library he purchased. They were given no budget, and no real oversight, so they cobbled together SGC2C with what they had. It was so successful that it convinced them to go forward with original animated programming.

SGC2C is the reason Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, and Samurai Jack all exist.

That's makes Lazzo's dead to me comment to be even more bizarre. Without C2C Cartoon Network might still only be reruns like Boomerang use to, [as] would not exist, and Lazzo would probably still be just a programmer at Turner.

>has disowned his involvement in Space Ghost Coast to Coast
>gave Home Movies low priority compared to Williams Street originals, sometimes airing new episodes at 3 AM and months apart from each other; eventually cancelled it because it was cheaper to rerun Family Guy in it's place; won't let it rerun anymore because he has such a distaste for it
>told the creators of Moral Orel to make the show darker, cancelled it for being "too dark" and "not funny"
>cancelled China Il and Aqua Teen without letting the creators have a say
>refused to give Stroker and Hoop a Season 2 pickup despite previously stating otherwise, leaving the show to end on a cliffhanger
>bought the rights to millions of dollars in FOX reruns which squandered the budget for Mission Hill's potential revival
>has a hard on for Tim and Eric and Seth McFarlane shows
>won't give Metalocalypse another season to wrap up the series because of a petty argument over creative control with Brendon Small
>was a major proponent of Loiter Squad and was instrumental in keeping it on air as long as it was
>almost passed up on Rick and Morty in favor of Mr. Pickles
>Mr. Pickles got a 30 episode pickup
>got into some random internet fight with Jon Benjamin and David Cross for some reason
>will all but let corporate sponsors fuck him in the ass at this point; wants Adult Swim to be "more like TBS"
>is now pushing for the development of "a Tosh.0 type program" made in conjuncture with Worldstar Hip Hop.com
>his favorite Adult Swim programs of all time are Robot Chicken and Loiter Squad

LAZZO LOGIC EVERYONE

Cause you live under a rock.

It's more vibrant than 1999, at least to start, but I greatly enjoyed it. The final arc of the show is fucking unbelievable. Get to it, user. You've got a lot of catching up to do.

Isn't there a theory that every fictional work ever happens inside he mind of an autistic character from an old sitcom?

Yes. The "St. Elsewhere" theory.

Speaking of weird AS shows. Any love for 12 oz. Mouse?

Damn Lazzo looked like he took fucking meth hard while being there.

>best guest
>not Macho Man Randy Fucking Savage

Borrowed from the storytime thread and adapted

I meant the final arc of 2011. 1999 stops at Greed Island, one of the weaker arcs. 2011 deals with the Chimera Ants.

Yo anybody got early Adult Swim broadcasts?

[as] was so much better in the 00's
The only shows I watch now are Eric Andre and Venture Bros (every 5 years).

Never checked it out. How is it as a show?

Pretty good. It's like watching a dream, although I think it's only worth a watch once.

yeah it amused me slightly
all i can remember is 'rubles. barney rubles'
and tvtropes had written their article from the (joking?) perspective that it was secretly incredibly complex and brilliant in ways that were just hard to see

Shark and Square were the best. Their banter was pure gold and always had me laughing.

I'd like to clarify what Lazzo says when he says, "Space Ghost is dead to me", in terms of what Clay told me; when Clay and I were talking one time, we got on the subject of the live action shows, we got on the subject of Lazzo. He told me he is one of those guys who is always moving and looking forward; he's not a creative who is comfortable in one spot for a while, or doing/working on one show. Lazzo doesn't necessarily have disdain (at least from what he told me) for Space Ghost, but it being "dead to him" is simply that it's on the shelf, complete, and done.

Being a creative, I've worked on projects and after completing them, I don't really revisit them. Some I do though if I really enjoyed the process and where it came from. For someone like Clay and the rest, they genuinely enjoyed Space Ghost. He was all about classic cartoons and odd humor, and about doing great animation.

Lazzo, to me, is about the humor but he has no loyalty to actual 'toons. He is about content, and pushing things. It's evident in the other higher ups who handle a lot of the aesthetic and feel for Adult Swim. The Toonami guys, Jason especially, handle a lot in their regular positions with Jason for example the reason why there is a Niki Minaj music video airing on a Saturday during Toonami.

Seeing how Lazzo operates business wise though and the amount of stress/annoyance he seemed to cause for Willis, Clay, and others though always has me doubt his intentions or where things are going.

This was my first instinct as a creative, too. It reminded me a lot of John Frusciante when he left RHCP. He didn't have animosity towards the band or its members at all; he just felt that he had exhausted his creative potential in that project and was ready to move on to the next important and meaningful one for him. I think it's very respectable in a frustrating way as a fan that someone would be so committed to their own pursuits that they'd leave something more popular behind in an effort to find something else as meaningful or even more impacting.

He's also a great parallel because both have went on to significantly worse projects, critically and popularly speaking.

Is there any chance for Brak to get redeemed.

>>is now pushing for the development of "a Tosh.0 type program" made in conjuncture with Worldstar Hip Hop.com
I-I would probably watch the shit out of that.

youtube.com/watch?v=h1nQ2bncchs

Exactly. There's film I like that I'm going to revisit but sometimes not every project holds up to me.

On that note, I will say that Clay, Andy, Willis and the rest are the ones who really did the legwork and love into Space Ghost.

Did Brak have a Chinese accent in the 60's series?

Yup. He was also thus guy.

! ! !

>>is now pushing for the development of "a Tosh.0 type program" made in conjuncture with Worldstar Hip Hop.com
HAHAHA WHAT

get in here!
adultswim.com/videos/streams/ghost-planet

And here I am downloading that mega archive like a dope.

Nothing wrong at all with personal archiving you dope.

The MEGA archive is better quality and you'll have it forever
The episodes on the [as] site will probably disappear in a week
It's still worth getting if you have more than the barest passing interest in SGC2C

I'm just going to be lazy and stick with toonova and such
but i'm grateful people are archiving this stuff.

>pirate streams
You're not just lazy, you're a normie pleb
I may be an autist to try as hard as I can to avoid compression artifacts in the media I watch but I know I'm going to be satisfied watching the copies I download for the rest of my life
enjoy your sub-VHS shite

>all the episodes have spanish audio overlayed on top of the English audio
What the fuck.

>watching the copies I download for the rest of my life
well that's just it, I know I'm only going to be watching this stuff once every couple years. and I miss taping shit on VHS. it's not like this show has any visuals worth seeing in crisp hi-def anyway. it's the comedy that matters.
that sounds like a setting you have on

You're now in charge of Adult Swim and some very generous and enthusiastic hands from the shadows are sponsoring you, believing you can either improve upon it or bring it back to when it was better.

What do you bring back? What do you commission? What shows do you remove? What becomes of Toonami?

>that sounds like a setting you have on
Theres no option on the video player to turn it off though.

It's decent. It really on the dialouge then animation, if I recall. And that became a detractor to some who refused to watch it.

I forgot how insane this got. I guess I can finally appreciate it 20 years later.

shit my dad appreciated, i KNEW had to be good.

i sure wish he had kept better in touch and able to watch more reccommendations from me. I think he'd have loved a lot of the new shows from the last 6 years or so

>replace Cleveland show with something else
>don't remove FG or AD because money
>fucking cancel Brad Neely's new show and let him go
>bring Metapocolypse back for its finale
>end Venture Bros on creators own terms
>ATHF movie sequel
>spend remaining budget on revival voodoo to bring Croker back to life for Space Ghost C2C revival
>Toonami starts at 10:30 PM
>for the love of God, end the live action shows aside from Eric Andre
>season 2 of Stroker and Hoop for sundays

voodoo's cheap dude, it usually costs, like, a chicken.

1 chicken, 1 sacrificial dagger, 1 bottle spiced rum, a couple bags of salt, and 1 human sacrifice (who will be revived if the spell is successful)

This.
Let's make [adult swim] great again.

I've always meant to go back and watch Space Ghost

Anyone need a Myspleen invite?

a robot chicken?

Some episodes I've noticed have that problem, but most are full English. I'm wearing headphones, and I've noticed episodes like Banjo have an English track on the left channel and Brazilian Portuguese on the right. Not sure what the story behind this is.

From the AS homepage

Oh jeez...

f

O7

Fuck me.

Fuuuuuck dudes

Pretty much this. Also make Forming a cartoon, that shit would be perfect for [as]

All I'm seeing is a picture of Clay. Where is it?

Comic section.

>tfw cant watch space ghost episodes on adult swim.com because i can't turn off the spanish audio that's mingled with the english, and my bastard little brother is yelling so damn loud

the struggle

There it is.

Just... damn.

I could use one(had an account but I guess I left it too long cause it got deleted)

upload these and i will be a happy man forever

From Croker's S.O. Part 1:

I write this as a different person than I was 2 days ago.

I am destroyed and will never be the same.

Because so many have asked I wanted to explain what happened to my dearest Clay. I will not talk of this again here.

For the past 3 years not a week has gone by when I was not with Clay or messaging with him. He was my heart. Even when we had disagreements he messaged me to see if I was okay. Saturday, he was talkative and loving. We went to Ru San's to eat sushi as we had done a thousand times before. Then to the bookstore. While there he began to feel sick. I turned around and could not find him and shortly after realized he had gone out to the car. I quickly rushed him home as he began to throw up. I put him in the bed and begged him to let me call an ambulance. He would not agree.

I stayed with him for the next 2.5 hours, holding his hair back and putting a wet towel on his head. He began to feel better and we decided it must be food poisoning. We talked about so many things during that time. Friends, new exciting work and our relationship. We laughed and kidded each other.

He asked me to get something for indigestion at the store and I needed to bring my car back. So foolishly, I left for less than an hour to do this and returned quickly. The last thing he said was "How long will you be gone? Come right back. I need you here."

When I returned Clay was on the floor unconscious. I did CPR until the ambulance arrived and they pronounced him. This cannot be happening.

Cont.

I regret leaving for those few minutes, I regret the ups and downs we sometimes had. But we always came back together and made it work. My saving grace is that we told each other often that we loved each other. We said it without hesitation and with a hint of a smile. We said it this day.

Clay loved his fans and friends so much. I heard so many stories about so many of you...I felt I knew you. He tonight would be sitting at his computer in awe, being humble and so very thankful for all the love that you have given him.

I do not know how I will go on. Safe travels my love. We will meet again one day.

I haven't got a fucking clue what's going on. Did someone die?

How nice to be so blissfully ignorant

Can't tell if literally retarded or just b8

either way you can get the fuck out

Adult Swim removed some of the episodes online to fix audio errors (like the whole Spanish thing) apparently. They should be back by tomorrow. These episodes haven't seen the light of day in years that's probably why

Reminder that Piledriver is the best episode.

jesse moynihan's thing?

>tfw you neglect a show so long when you get it back it's gone all spanish on you

>S.O.
... he was a butt pirate? I took this to be a really dramatic and close friend

I just put S.O. cause I didn't know who it was: Wife, girlfriend, husband, or boyfriend. Guess it could've been a friend, but seemed like much more than just a friend with the ILU's.

Yeah, picture a retelling of the creation of Earth and the human race except like this youtube.com/watch?v=HfrPf9IgHjI