Voltron: Legendary Defender

Post Cute Fluff Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

animedakimakurapillow.com/pages/search-results-page?q=voltron
twitter.com/catgirl0926
takashilovesyoubaby.tumblr.com/post/150663185150
toonzone.net/sdcc2016-voltron-legendary-defender-interviews-joaquim-dos-santos-lauren-montgomery-tim-hedrick/
youtube.com/watch?v=xorC6vCrI-s
archiveofourown.org/works/7428358
strawpoll.me/11208403/r
strawpoll.me/11208428/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHERE'RE MUH TOYZZ??

I am surprised that they haven't come out with any yet. Could it have something to do with this being a Netflix co-production?

gotta love the mice

I just want a Shiro daki pls

Any new info or interviews on Season 2?

Why does Hunk look so much like Bolin

Actually all the characters look like theyre from Korra

Are they done by the same artists?

Studio Mir did the animation for both and there's some overlap of other staff. But I don't think they look THAT similar. Hunk and Shiro are way more attractive than any of the men from Korra ever were.

True but he has Bolins eyes/nose/face

Hes delicious brown though

Got sauce on that?

So supposedly the next issue of the Voltron comic's been delayed until the end of December, anyone know if this is true?

no fuck you bolin was very attractive

There's a podcast with the writers due, but I doubt they'll say too much.

Seriously? What the hell are they doing then, it's not exactly high quality anything.

It will feel more like a serious comic if it gets bogged down in endless delays.

True

Now if only the delays led to the art not being so noob-tier.

>it turns out for some mysterious reason that hardly any time has passed at all once they return to earth

The art in the second issue looked way better than the first's, though it's still shit. Maybe the extra time is worth it if it means the comic no longer looks like vomit.

Most of the season happens in a span of a few days doesn't it.

Y'know, the bombardment of the use of tumblr as an insult (rightfully so much of the time but still overused) and recent cringe threads just posting SJW Tumblr fanart of multi-racial multi-sex/non-sex characters got me thinking...

Is Voltron SJW/Tumblr done right? We have a multi-ethnic group of indeterminate race or culture with multiple genders involved, an alien princess and her lackey who are brown of skin my fetish with sexuality undetermined EXCEPT for Big-Guy Hunk for sure, with his thing Shay the rock alien.
AND THAT is where a Human Male gains a sexual attraction for an inhuman female (who is female in assigned gender to her race, not for any bodily shape or genetic similarities to humanity)

I am prepared for the hate.

It's like a month at most.

It can't be tumblr. It acknowledges Asians.

Wha... what?

Alura muscle fetish art where?

Because Tumblr has a tendency to lump Asian characters in with whites and casually racebend them.

Cute fluff Voltron thread yes please.

For all that they love anime and K-Pop and shit like that Tumblr "diversity advocates" love to ignore Asians entirely because they're not brown. The times they don't it's usually to shit on them for being "basically white people".

Well fuck me, they can't even stay real SJWs

Hunk is definitely cute.

We need more broteam adventures.

Are we talking about a few days in space is a hundred years on earth and vice versa due to relativity mumbo jumbo?

Cutest trio.

>the perspective on that cake...

If it was a tumblr show, nobody would be straight.

I wonder if a show just about Pidge, Lance, and Hunk having misadventures and growing as a team back at the military school could have made for a good show too.

>Pidge, Lance, and Hunk having misadventures and growing as a team
That's exactly what I want, or at least see in flashback in the show or something. Sci-fi military academy shenanigans with those three would be so fun.

Surprised and a little disappointed at the lack of Utena Pidge art.

I wish there were more fic for them.

>fic
>not lewds

Well I wouldn't complain either way...

>you will never own one of these

Galaxy Garrison would have gone full cover up mode and wiped their records. Lance's family probably just thinks he's been sequestered for top secret training.

But it can be yours.
animedakimakurapillow.com/pages/search-results-page?q=voltron

Voltron's Earth does seem weirdly dystopian. Why are they training kids for the space military?

That's space """"""""exploration"""""""""". The rest of Earth probably doesn't know what their government is getting ready for.

>Pidge and Lance
>Not Pidge and Hunk

that size difference~

>cute fluff edition

>no actual Voltron daki

Just for you. I can appreciate all Pidgeships.

>tfw still waiting patiently for a Keith

Kill yourself

Staying up all night bump.

Writers seem to think it's all happy and peaceful. But Mass Effect it ain't.

Are you ready?

>you will never marry sacura and get unlimited voltron lewds

>implying the same series

Yeah, why would they need fighter pilots in space?

Do you think they could do it? It's almost unheard of in western cartoons to kill off a main character, let alone the most arguably popular and well known one. It would be a great episode, but I just can't see it even being allowed.

I think they could and will. The only reason they didn't in season 1 is because it would be too obvious.

Even the harder end of mainstream sci-fi can't resist space fighters, so I doubt a show about a bunch of giant flying combining cat mecha even gave it a second thought.

Sure but not until towards the end of the series. They've dangled too many plot threads right now for it to be worthwhile as a S2 or S3 thing.

Give me all the hot space witch GILF.

Cute

Prorok is cute. Cute!

so i stopped actively following about Voltron like 2 months ago.

How is my ship(pic related) doing in the fandom? sinking? traveling? barely a float, floating like a majestic aircraft carrier?

It's actually better than it used to be. There's a few artists who make content for it consistently, not a ton but they've developed a fanbase so there is demand for it.

dope, so i can finally erase this image.

According to Tumblr 17 year olds should NEVER NEVER date 14 year olds.

Gotta love lice

According to Voltron fans Chris Pratt is a pedophile for dating Aubrey Plaza's character on Parks and Rec and that "Oh my god I could've killed her" meme that's so popular on the site elsewhere is literally as bad as raping a baby IRL.

Fuck those ageist freaks, 11 is not that big of a gap.

That is a good point. They love that meme

Thats not a lice yo.

What are they talking?

You're right, it's space lice. Robot killing space lice.

>I think they could and will

No they won't, they've outright said he's their own character at this point and the trailer made it so obvious that it's probably a red herring.

Yeah, he also has too much story to just get offed.

Bitter Lancefags are just going to have to deal with him living.

>trailer
What trailer?

Independent character or not he still has a possibility of dying towards the end due to being in an Obi-Wan position. But right now? Not very likely at all. And if it really was going to happen soon, they're not going to spoil it in preview footage like that. Not unless he's going to stick around past that in another form.

It would admittedly be pretty weird at their current ages, but at 16 and 19 not so much.

If Pidge is 15 and not 14 it wouldn't be so weird. Especially since Lance has the possibility of being 16 rather than 17. He always did strike me as younger than Hunk and Keith for whatever reason, and that's not just because Jeremy Shada sounds young for a 19 year old.

That's a super awesome pic. Here is a large version if you want it.

>I believe in you, Paladins! Let fear be your guide! FORM VOLTRON!

Jesus christ how horrifying

>Dragon Booster

Holy fuck I thought I was the only one that remembered that.

You're the only vestige of what good Voltron threads were like, GLTM-user. Now it's just user vomiting about Tumblr into each others gaping maws.
People use to draw tons of shit for these, my dude. They even had to ask about what to draw. This is QC and DoA tier fueled threads.

This was literally the plot of that Lost in Space movie from the 90s.

Came here to see what you guys thought of the podcast yet nothing. And you guys wonder why these threads suck.

They actually answered some of the twitter questions and confirmed every paladin will have a backstory. Other stuff off the top of my head:

>Keith and Allura will have some "strong and emotional" interaction.
>Blue lion is what holds the team together, flexible like water.
>Shiro is a friend of the Holt family, Matt's friend, went to their house for dinner.
>Allura knew the old paladins and we'll learn about them
>Garrison is a Nasa-like institution

Galra Keith theory came up but they dodged it.

The podcast literally came out like two hours ago. Anyway, it's not like they provided any mind-blowing new info, most of this stuff (aside from Keith&Allura interactions) is something we have already expected or realized on our own.

The original otp confirmed, other ships btfo.

I don't like Keith or Allura, but I'm gonna enjoy Keith/Allura becoming canon solely because it's going to trigger the Klancefags so much. And not only is it hetero, but it also has a ginormous age gap.

Make it happen, Dreamworks.

I wonder if the second season will make it worse or if it'll piss off fans because it moved in a different direction to fanon

>search "Keith and Allura" on tumblr
>Klancers are already triggered by the new podcast

I love it.

Everyone's so invested in Keith just being gay, I'm looking forward to Sacura being right.

Does this version even have any straight art?

I want this so bad. They're my three favorite characters by a mile.

What podcast? I didn't know anything about this.

>liking Lance more than Shiro
literally what
being around Pidge and Hunk does make him a lot better but he's still second worst male character even with that

>They're my three favorite characters by a mile.

Lance is fucking awful.

Podcast? Link?

From SDCC. There was an out-of-context line that heavily implied that Shiro's gonna die... which seems way too on the nose for that to wind up being what actually happens. Something like "Keith, if something happens to me, I want you to pilot the black lion."
Personally I think Shiro's gonna get all mind-fuckey and wind up working for the Galra, at least for a while, which is a slightly less obvious possibility that the line also would support.

Also Allura is brown so anyone not shipping Keith/Allura is racist. Let's what excuses Klancers come up with to attack the new ship.

Its meant to be, Fuck what other people say, 11 years not that big.

>due to being in an Obi-Wan position

He seems more like the main character desu. You could kill off Hunk and Lance and nothing would change, but Shiro, Pidge, and Keith all seem pivotal.

Pidge would have to be a massive dyke to not have a crush on Shiro

The exact line was "Keith, if I don't make it out of here, I want you to lead Voltron", though leading Voltron obviously means piloting the black lion (and we do see Keith piloting it in the trailer).

Well, yeah. Hunk and Lance has the least amount of motivation shown so far. Hope that changed in S2 tho.

Having a crush on your brother's hunky best friend that always hung out in your house is a doable thing.

Eh, I don't find Shiro particularly interesting yet(he picked up a bit toward the end of the season but he needs more time to grow on me), and I like Lance pretty well in his interactions with Hunk and Pidge. To each their own, my dudes.

But muh Shallura

Seems like Bex Taylor-Klaus (Pidge's VA) likes Sheith too, and the teenage tumblrinas are mad at her for "shipping pedophilia".

Honestly I kind of want Pidge to secretly be a massive ball of hormones with a crush on every boy (+ Allura)

She's just good at compartmentalizing.

The fun thing about antis (anti-shippers, the ones who suicide-bait people over shipping), is that it sort of refreshes every ~4 years. Most of them ultimately grow up a little, recover, mature, and feel bad about it-- but by the time that happens there's a fresh batch of abused kids looking for vulnerable people to hurt so they can feel powerful.

They literally ARE the cycle of abuse and I can't really decide whether to be disgusted with them or pity them. Both, I guess?

glad that this ship is getting more love

Hunk is best husbando.

hes a good boy

>fat jokes: the character

He's shit.

>Eh, I don't find Shiro particularly interesting

That's pretty sad considering he and Pidge are the only characters with any plot or story. Goes to show how bad the writing is on this show.

I'd say that's more the writers making lazy choices than a flaw with the character concept. I thought he was really good in the episode with the bounty hunter aliens.

>than a flaw with the character concept

His character concept being useless cliche comic relief and fat jokes?

I don't see why she'd crush on anyone else when she's got a literal Adonis with a great personality right in front of her.

Also, nice quads.

simmer down bro, this is a fluff thread

>I don't see why she'd crush on anyone else when she's got a literal Adonis with a great personality right in front of her.
She's all fucked up on teenage hormones, is what I figure.

Shiro is safe UNTIL ALL OF THE MYSTERIES SURROUNDING HIM ARE SOLVED AND HIS CHARACTER ARC IS COMPLETE. This means:

-We find out what happened to him while held captive
-If there was a greater purpose to him being experimented on, then that too
-Whatever the fuck the purpose of Haggar turning into an evil version of Shiro to fight him was. I doubt that was just meant to psyche him out, there's foreshadowing there.
-Something something PTSD
-MAYBE us finding Pidge's family. I say maybe because that is likely going to be more of Pidge's arc than Shiro's.

I ship it.

Maybe if we all love Shiro hard enough, the Daryl effect will kick in and he'll be safe forever.

This is a top-tier Pidge but I'm, uh, not sure how I feel about the Keith.

Even actual fags don't dress that faggy.

i've really wanted to see this for a while now but i don't have Netflix, any other way i can watch the show? also pidge makes my dong expand

Is there any fanart of pidge grown up into a kickass babe?

What if Keith and Allura's strong and emotional interaction is Allura comforting a distraught Keith after Shiro dies?

Yeah, feels like it's picked up in just the past couple months. More popular here than it used to be for sure.

It's the ship that brings out the best in Lance along with Hance.

It's real cute. I just wanna see Lance realizing he likes Pidge for who she is, as unfeminine she may be, rather than for the superficial reasons he pursued girls in the past. Give him some self-reflection.

If the team really is delaying shit I sincerely hope it isn't because they're rewriting the script to appease the klancer cancer. I never got a chance to watch LOK, is the crew known for pandering? All I want is for them to create the content they set out to create, and not be influenced by fandom.

I mean, Obi-Wan was a pretty important figure in ANH as Luke's mentor figure. That's why him dying was more impactful than, say, Biggs' death. You're right that right now Hunk and Lance aren't that important, but I do expect that to change as the series goes on. There's a reason I said I think Shiro is capable of dying towards the end, as in something like Season 5 or so once his various plot threads have likely been resolved and the other characters have caught up.

Link? I know these threads are tired of Tumblr drama and so am I but that's actually kinda funny.

>Blue lion is what holds the team together, flexible like water.
CALLED IT
>Shiro is a friend of the Holt family, Matt's friend, went to their house for dinner.
Also knew it, hell that adds more water to my Pidge having a cute lil one-directional crush on Shiro theory.
>Allura knew the old paladins and we'll learn about them
So Allura is a schemy bastard? I imagine the paladins will have a lot of words with her when the cast reconvenes.

Who said they're delaying anything?

I saw one picture shipping him with Pidge, but I forgot to save it. It was pretty well drawn too.

B-b-b-but shipping Keith with a womyn is GAY ERASURE!

Any interesting info about Pidge?

With so many seasons for them to do, I really hope we get a long timeskip.

Just go to some anti Sheith blog like sheith-is-dead, they were all freaking out over it two days ago.

Do you think it's plausible that Zarkon let Shiro escape because he knew, somehow, that it would lead to the voltron lions being located? iirc, Shiro himself doesn't know how he escaped, which I find a little suspicious.

There's also the fact that, when they return to the Balmera, the Galra know about it in advance. In the show, they brush it off as the bounty hunters ratting them out, but I really suspect that the paladins have a sleeper agent among them, feeding the Galra info. Maybe it's some kind of Shiro alter-ego, or maybe it's something to do with his robot arm? Not sure.

Any obvious holes in this theory?

In that case thanks but no thanks, I respect my eyes too much.
That's what I suspected too, along the fact that Shiro himself may not even be real and a clone or robot of the original, who is either dead, corrupted, or still imprisoned as a lab rat. Very Kara no Kyoukai chapter 5, if anyone's seen that.

They stopped with most of it by the middle of the season. Too bad the comics haven't caught up but Hunk was fine in the final three and he still liked food but it wasn't used for cheap laughs.

Theres a chance Zarkon let him go intentionally to track down the lions. Maybe Red Lion picked up on Shiro's potential while he was captive? And there's got to be an element of destiny in who is chosen as paladin, seeing as Keith just so happened to be in the right place to save Shiro, whose return to earth somehow got predicted by ancient cave paintings.

Suspected either Shiro or Keith were the mole and the comments from SDCC about Shiro's arm being important in Season 2 makes me think he's either got a tracking signal in there or the Galra are able to pull some Liquid Snake shenanigans on him through it.

What is this podcast people are talking about? Anyone know where I can find it?

Zerkon was the black paladin. Shiro is the black paladin. It's likely not a coincidence, and Zarkon specifically allowed Shiro to escape knowing full well that it would lead to Voltron reuniting.

Might be a little dark, but would be interesting if he was a copy.

I could totally see Zarkon realizing that Shiro has what it takes to be a paladin and taking that bet, seeing as he used to be the Black Paladin.

It's Let's Voltron. They have cast and crew interviews.

>Let's Voltron.
Cool, thanks senpai.

Yeah, I'm glad they stopped with the fat jokes after the first few episodes. The only funny one in my opinion was his reaction to the suits Paladins had to wear.

>Let's Voltron

ONE TWO

THREE FOUR

VOLTRONS HERE, KICKIN AT YA DOOR

I STILL REMEMBER IT, AND THIRD DIMENSION

FUCK YOU PEOPLE FOR MAKING ME WATCH ALL THOSE

This thread has been such a goldmine, but I need more Shidge pics.

>shiro with soul patch

It makes him look more like the wasp dude from Terra Formars and Kiryu and I want to fuck him even more. Long haired Pidge is also objectively best as well.

Anyone got the rest of this? I remember there was an older Pidge.

I love this one, into the folder it goes.

What's this annoying bitch talking about now

I keep expecting to see fanart of the very excellent ventures in viridian fics, and I thought that was one very briefly, but nope. I might need to reread them with an eye for a good scene to draw.

Thanks senpai.

That'd be quite nice, those are some of the only really good ones. Some good scenes off the top of my head would be walking along the beach with the lions in the background and fake-frozen Pidge getting flustered.

She's one of those people who are friendly with the writers, right?

I had this weird dream about Keith being concerned and helping Pidge who was suicidal.
And now I've considered Keith/Pidge as something I might ship.

Yes and subtily pretends to be staff and started all of this age nonsense

I need to get back to writing Voltron stuff.

I actually ship Lance/Shiro, I think it started off as a joke but now I actually think it's cute.

Does the cast and crew know just how much shit has been thrown over their ages? Why can't they just announce them already and make them canon so we can have real discussion again. Also why does crew push sheith? Have they pushed any other pairings? If I was them I wouldn't make anything canon

Do you think we'll ever see Lotor in this show?

source on that art?

I think it's pretty cute too. Playboy lance being unable to keep his composure around that authoritative hotness is my favorite, but all of it is great.

they're both kind of bad with people. I don't ship it myself but I could see some potential there.

I've only seen the voice actors comment on liking Sheith. Don't the show's writers and artists have a bias for Lance?

Shiro's like 25 and the 4 other humans are

Yeah, it's only the voice actors who have talked about Sheith (the ship), it's most likely just them having fun and doesn't mean anything. The only time the creators have brought up the relationship between Shiro and Keith is when Montgomery and Dos Santos said that Keith looks up to Shiro and kind of latches onto him, and when Hedrick said that they know each other very well and have a past.

because it is fiction, my dude

I've never heard of their bias for Lance, I'm curious about that. Chris Palmer likes sheith and he's the director/storyboardist. In fact the only one I've seen go out of their way for klance and lance is this person who isn't even on the crew

We don't know much about Matt yet, but I still like him and Shiro best out of all the Shiro ships. Not sure why, but I'm glad I'm apparently not the only one.

Wasn't shiro "up to" 25? We don't know their ages for sure. If the cast and crew push sheith then that's grounds for people to invest in it. If they really were minors I doubt they would bait like they do

I hope they don't change whatever their original plans are for the sake of fanservice

I've seen some fans get really pissed over this pairing. I've only seen like maybe 4 people who ship it and only one of them actually created content.

Sorry, found it on here. I'd like to know too.

On the one hand I agree, but on the other hand, if it was *my* ship that was overwhelmingly popular, I don't think I'd mind them making some far-off story tweaks to accommodate it. This giant robot cartoon isn't exactly high art, and I can't really blame them if they wind up making a decision that ensures the show's continued popularity.

I've never gotten into the fandom, just binged it a while ago, and the crew pushes sheith? how so?

What? Pidge is 14 yeah, but I thought everyone else is 18-19 range.

I actually did a bit of digging, it's from here twitter.com/catgirl0926

More nice plance art over there that I hadn't seen before, we are truly blessed

Yeah, they're "late teens" so 18-19, maybe 17 at the youngest. Only Pidge is 14-15.

See-through eyebrows sure are strong in this show.

Nah son, Shiro x Holt sibling threesome. Way better.

They don't, I like Sheith but it's just the voice actors having some fun with the fandom, I doubt it means anything. The writers haven't really acknowledged it in any way.

So if Shiro and Matt knew each other before the Kerberos mission, and Shiro would come over to the Holts' for dinner sometimes... how do you think that dynamic went down? Did Matt and Katie gossip about the hot cadet? Katie nursing a silly one-sided crush, or trying to play matchmaker? I like the possibilities.

Yeah, we don't want another Olicity bullshit that turned arrow from a watchable show to Felicity and friends and their hacking adventures. I swear, for the amount of screen time that actress gets, shes banging a producer.

Jesus Christ I can't stop watching that Voltron/Bob's Burgers video.

Yes, I don't really give a shit/casually like all pairings, but it's not a good idea in general to change a script/direction to appease a bunch of angry 14 year olds on twitter, because that sends a bad message to fans and content creators everywhere. No one is obligated to change anything for any entitled fans, and future animators shouldn't have to enter an industry that prioritizes certain groups/encourages bullying over muh yaoi.

I might like it if we knew anything about Matt's personality but he had like 2 lines. Most people who ship it are Klancefags who only like it because it keeps Shiro away from Keith (and they don't want to ship Shallura because they don't like hetero pairings).

Most definately a crush just as says.

>is the crew known for pandering?
the part of the lok crew we know panders isn't working on voltron

>The writers haven't really acknowledged it in any way.

they have an agenda

Baiting for those fujo bucks

Because Shiro is a slut.

Chris Palmer is an episode director, not a writer, he doesn't have direct control over the plot and the characters. The only time the writers talked about Shiro and Keith was in that Let's Voltron interview with Tim Hedrick some time ago.

>Baiting for those fujo bucks
wouldn't they have baited the most popular pairing then? the one that wouldn't have pissed off 80% of the fandom

>Everyone's so invested in Keith just being gay
Not even a shipper but the way he looked at Shiro in the first episode activated my gaydar.

So they are doing old nihonese tricks?

The new podcast confirmed that the garrison is college. They're all adults sans pidge who snuck in anyway

I was misinformed then. It says on his bio that he's a director and a storyboard artist. I'm unfamiliar with how animation crews work, so even in his position he has no say? lol

Maybe they expected Sheith to be the popular ship. I like Sheith but I still think people are reading too much into this.

>The new podcast confirmed that the garrison is college
Shit, in those exact words? It is legit a college? How new is this information, I feel people should be pissed about this for some reason

They baited them before the age reveal and Sheith was actually picking up steam. Then they said Shiro is in his 20's while the rest are late teens and the Klancers finally had an excuse to shit on a pairing they're threatened by.

In retrospect, it was kinda cruel of them to bait for Sheith.

I've seen Lauren like Klance shit and Barlee too I think? So they're covering their bases

ooh, awesome.

I'm not gay but if they released a shiro fig I'd hot glue it

>Maybe they expected Sheith to be the popular ship.

It was popular before they revealed Shiro's age.

>What kind of institution is the Garrison? Is it a college, university, military, or something else?
>Yes, it’s all of that. It’s kind of this uh, futuristic, NASA-like institution that also trains the upcoming astronauts. So we see, you know the school aspect of that with our young paladins, but when Shiro crashes in we see all of those response vehicles that go out after that. That’s the kind of more military aspect. So they’ve arranged all of the space travel, but also train the new recruits.

I don't think the writers themselves are 100% sure what the garrison is supposed to be.

" What type of institution is the garrison? Is it a college, university, military, or something else?"

"Yes it's ALL of that!"

>the age reveal
what age reveal? I wouldn't call it that unless we all get actual, canon ages. It's still too vague. If they baited so hard, you'd think they would have the foresight to have them around the same age.

If the Garrison is a college though then I guess that's a closed case

20's to late teens (or 11 years) aint that huge of a gap. I don't see the problem here.

Oh shit, this will trigger the Klancers even further. If they can't call Sheith shippers pedophiles anymore, what SJ reason will they latch onto to shit on them now?

>search "Keith and Allura" on tumblr

Oh shit, you weren't kidding! So much salt, it almost Dead Sea. I love it.

Popular is stretching it. The fandom for the show was still mostly non existent at the time.

takashilovesyoubaby.tumblr.com/post/150663185150

In their own words. 2 out of 3 were college and military isn't for children anyway. I think it's safe that them being "late teens" means 18-19 now

Yeah well, Tumblr thinks ships with a 3 year age gap is inappropriate, they're fucking nuts.

>SJ reason will they latch onto to shit on them now
We still have Lances MOC card we can pull, don't get too excited, sh*it* shippers. If you don't like klance you're racist. The power dynamics in sheith is literal rape

I would say it's still popular. It would probably be equal to klance if not for that ezra bitch but overall it's still pretty strong.

You can enlist in the military at 16.

>I don't think the writers themselves are 100% sure what the garrison is supposed to be.
Kind of like the ages. This is why people need to stop fishing for answers and reading into every VA tweet.

If anything, it'd be gay if you didn't hotglue it. dat body is begging to be drenched in semen.

>that ezra bitch
who

It's fairly reasonable. Why would you train high school students to pilot spacecraft? The three boys all look and sound more like college kids than people who are finishing up high school too. Personally I always assumed 18-19 until the age flap happened.
Of course, it makes Pidge into one of those colossal autists who go to college at 12, but that's not too surprising.
This is much better because it includes unapologetic Asian erasure.

>Kind of like the ages. This is why people need to stop fishing for answers and reading into every VA tweet.
this. Does the crew even know what they're doing or are they bullshitting things on the spot. There has been so much conflicting Lore that it seems pointless to try and keep up

>Of course, it makes Pidge into one of those colossal autists who go to college at 12, but that's not too surprising.

Pidge most likely lied about her age, just like she pretended to be a guy.

Her The one that harassed staff into telling her the ages

Same here, started looking for it as an alternative Shiro fagpair because I don't care for Sheith but now I kinda like it after seeing some of the cute or interesting art people made for it.

>mfw anti-Sheithers are all horribly racist against Asians and think Shiro doesn't count as a minority because "muh white passing!!"

I love when SJWers end up being just as racist as Cred Forums

Literally built for sex

>because it includes unapologetic Asian erasure
They're "white passing". I'm chinese and sjw tumblr doesn't really give a shit about asians until they need us for discourse back up lol

Pretty sure that was her friend. Who seemed terrified by all the crazy shippers yelling at her btw.

Oh, she totally lied, but she would still need to be able to keep up with the coursework. I guess it makes her magical tech know-how a little more believable; maybe in her downtime she read all the castle's technical manuals.

>started looking for it as an alternative Shiro fagpair

Sendak/Shiro, though? At least that one isn't just all about Lance and using Shiro as your typical rapist seme.

So she isn't even on staff? She's just an obnoxious fangirl? Her opinions are irrelevant.

I wonder how annoyed the crew is by the fandom... I couldn't even imagine having the dream to become an animator only to be greeted by fandoms like this.

What if my "ship" is that the show have no interpaladin romance whatsoever and all of them end up completely nonentwined or all their romances are like Shay and out of the group? Shaynk, Shiro/Allura or Romelle, Pidge x her robot husbando, Keith and Lance get a Nyma or if they're gay then Rolo and character develop into being supportive third wheels for each other.

Hahaha oh wow!
And I just scratched the surface.

Yeah, Shance and Sheith are both shit because they're all about woobifying Keith/Lance and using Shiro, the guy actually suffering from canon PTSD and trauma, as a healing cock.

This. It's not just gayshipping, showrunners pandering to straightshippers is also shit which fucked up Arrow and Glee which granted was already shit to begin with but it was clear the writers stopped writing to an endgoal and more to whatever shippers were yelling the loudest at the moment.

My niggas

save the thread shirofags

I looked up "keith allura" on tumblr myself and didn't see anything, but looking at your screencap I realize it's because I have all of those people blocked for being obnoxious Klancefags and anti-Sheiths.

Man, what I ship is the least popular.

>I wonder how annoyed the crew is by the fandom... I couldn't even imagine having the dream to become an animator only to be greeted by fandoms like this.

I honestly don't think they even browse the tags long enough to come across most of the bullshit. If they know about anything it's only because someone or the other tags them on it, hoping they'll intervene in the madness. It's more likely they have a PR admin screening most of that for them anyway.

>autisticKeith
>allura/keith is homophobic

I'm sheith as fuck but I need kallura to happen now

He's to them whatever Lauren Zuke is to Steven Universe. Works on the show in a not insignificant role and has own tastes (or baiting) but doesn't directly impact the show beyond ability to toss ideas at the actual heads.
People started shipping it before the show even came out. That's why Revolver Ocelot shitIforgethisname coined the ship name, because it was the first ship to pick up steam among the fandom and he saw it in the tags. The first of something is usually the one that leaves the strongest impression on you so he and the people who found out about it through him probably latched onto it for that reason.

As long as it doesn't end up Keith marrying a snail, I'm ok with it.

for you, user

They're probably referring to Tim saying Lance is his favorite. I'm pretty sure he's actually said it more than once. Here's at least one source:

toonzone.net/sdcc2016-voltron-legendary-defender-interviews-joaquim-dos-santos-lauren-montgomery-tim-hedrick/

>TIM HEDRICK: I really like Lance because he’s really good with jokes but he’s also got a lot of heart, and he projects this ego to protect how he feels about himself, like maybe he’s not the best paladin. I think he’s my favorite.

Googling says in the US which is where I think the show takes place it's 18, 17 only for volunteers with parental consent.

shit taste

I was gonna reply "Oh boy" then post the pic of em getting married, but I lost the whole set of pics.

You win this time.

>tfw I love Shallura
>despite 70% of it just being background dressing for Klance shit
>now I'm going to get fucking cucked by Keith
Fuck this gay earth, if I didn't already make Shiro the galaxy bike and ship him with everything I would have jumped vessels a while ago.

Yeah, he said it in this new interview on Let's Voltron too. Lance is probably the writer self-insert.

Nice.

Does that ship even have a name? What do people in tumblr tag post for this? I'm asking for research porpoises.

Keith would make a beautiful bride (male) !

Honestly it was one of the hotbutton questions among the fandom at the time and there was a lot of "official website suggests Shiro is a teenager?!!! no fucking way that's ridiculous" discourse going on right before. If not for her someone else would've done it in her place.

Also Klancers were starting age wank long before that even when Shiro was thought to be a teenager. They were claiming Keith was 16 and Shiro was 19 so obviously it was pedophilic and dragged Sacura into it somehow.

>inflicting Lance on Shiro

Shiro deserves waaaay better.

This reminds me. Tumblr really needs to introduce an option to put a whole list of people on block at once. Then you could just go to vld-keith or sheith-is-dead, find one of their most popular posts and put every jackass who like/reblogs on block in one fell swoop.

They're also training for positions that would be commissioned officers, so they should be earning degrees.

But user,

if it has a name, I haven't heard of it. It's pretty dang rare almost as rare as every hunk ship

I've seen Pallura used but I doubt you will find much.

Shendak is too smutty/sexually charged for me. I don't really care about porn in complete seriousness. Just cute couple shit, PG13 at most. And Shance tends to put a little more pop into it than Sheith which tends to lean towards angsty and dramatic.

Don't start.

The only one good enough for him is himself.

I'm just really into it since they're my favorite characters, I won't lie. They don't have anything to stand on, but it's fun to see fanart and shit.

>and dragged Sacura
Horrific injustice

I'm starting to enjoy this ship A LOT more now.

>Pallura
Just looked it up, yep thats slim pikins alright.

just a couple of horny bros railing each other. nothing gay about that.

>almost as rare as every hunk ship

Hance and Heith have some fans, they're both definitely more popular than Pidge/Allura. I've seen some Shiro/Hunk too.

Keith x Allura art where.

Is the concept of underage characters holding professional (IRL) positions in fiction new to you are something? Especially in things like anime (which the staff is heavily influenced by). Don't read too much into the college thing.

But user, it's cute!

>dragged Sacura
Why? Because she likes Sheith and is a good artist?

why do shippers always feel the need to attack the Other Ship, unless they're scared for their own? Will fujoshit ever manage not to fuck up the fandom for everyone

>is too smutty/sexually charged for me. I don't really care about porn in complete seriousness

This series has the blandest, tropiest characters in the history of animation, literally all they're good for is porn.

If anything that makes him less likely to be gay if Hedrick isn't, because he'd rather have him end up with someone who's his type in real life.

Just a couple of bros

Don't start what? Lance a shit. His fanbase is also the literal worst.

>mfw that week when Lancefags on tumblr all gleefully wanted Shiro to die because of some shitty headcanon a Lancefag posted

How do I block someone without having to visit their page directly? Tumblr changed it somewhere in the last year since I bothered looking at my ignore list.

>Don't read too much into the college thing.
But if that's an actual fact, then why wouldn't we treat it as such? Just because they're influenced by anime doesn't mean they follow every trope

>I'm just really into it since they're my favorite characters
>liking Shiro and Lance at the same time

wat

Aww hell, this artist could make me ship them...

And this

To be honest it's possible Sacura dragged herself into it by responding to an anti Sheith post not aimed at her when she was better off not engaging and megaphoning the negativity. It's weird because she does like Klance too and has drawn pretty good stuff for it.

Lance aint that bad user, calm down.

>>mfw that week when Lancefags on tumblr all gleefully wanted Shiro to die because of some shitty headcanon a Lancefag posted

The fuck?

dude, just maybe like chill for 5 seconds. go get a milkshake or something.

But making Shiro a generic seme to heal ~poor Lance's pain~ is so much better? That's basically all there is to Shance.

I'm fully expecting Lance to meet some alien girl he'll try going after in that water world we saw in the S2 trailer. Whether he'll get an actual girlfriend remains to be seen but the possibility of him being gay or bi is extremely low, unless the writers decide to pander to Klancefags since they're the biggest and loudest group.

Not the absolute comfiest duo but up there.

>most of the Fandom when it comes to shipping Hunk
youtube.com/watch?v=xorC6vCrI-s

That fucking Shiro/Hunk fic is still GODLIKE among bottom Shiro stuff.

yeah they've been bringing me around for sure

If you hover your mouse over the user pic there's a pop up window that appears. You can just click on the little person icon by the "Follow" button and go down to block, etc. Doesn't seem to work that easy on mobile though.

>Lance aint that bad user, calm down.

Not that guy, but I nearly dropped the show after his fart joke and find him insufferable tbqh. I usually like characters like him too, but they went overboard with the obnoxious.

>His fanbase is also the literal worst
Lance doesn't deserve this. He's become the Sans/bill cipher/gir/meme character. Every tumblr autist latched onto the lance bandwagon

Just some qts being p2ts

Yeah I saw it too, a bunch of Lancefags were posting in the Shiro tag bragging about how little of a shit they'd give if Shiro died but if Lance had any chance of dying they'd panic and scream. It was hilariously juvenile and I thought it was because of an interview or them having just seen episode 4 but it turns out it was for an even stupider reason than that.

Confirmed for new to these threads.

not that user, but the only shance I've really seen has been pretty fluffy and fun, which is the main thing I like about it.

Don't start shit and be a little bitch over anons talking about something they like, it's fine if you hate Lance but christ, these threads are bad enough.

I'll be incredibly shocked if they actually make any main character gay.

>Whether he'll get an actual girlfriend remains to be seen but the possibility of him being gay or bi is extremely low, unless the writers decide to pander to Klancefags since they're the biggest and loudest group.

This, exactly. If they ever do any klance it will be immediately apparent that they're being driven by fandom, and that will cheapen the series. Lance is straight.

Don't respond to cancer.

Pretty much all the anti-Sheithers/anti-Shiro/Paladin tumblrinas whining about pedophilia are Lancefags too.

>search Sheith
>various anti-Sheith posts pop up
>9 times out of 10, the post is made by someone with a Lance icon

errytime

I'm not a fic reader and I don't notice any of the glaring seme uke tropes you're talking about in the stuff I save, unless you think size difference is inherently seme-ukeish, in which case go hang out with some Klancers or something.

Not that guy but you seem really stuck on that "generic seme" thing. I don't ship it but most of the Shiro/Lance I have seen isn't like that, it's usually comfy "bros getting it on with each other" stuff. And there is plenty of art with Keith comforting Shiro because of his PTSD and nightmares so I don't understand where you're getting the misconception from either.

>but they went overboard with the obnoxious
^

>But if that's an actual fact, then why wouldn't we treat it as such?
I'm not saying to not treat it as fact. Just don't expect it to follow the same rules as in real life.

People can and will headcanon whatever they want at the end of the day. It's not my disappointment either way.

>Don't respond to cancer.

Pointing out that Lance a shit =/= cancer.

>link to that only lance/pidge fic
guilty as charged. accurate post my man.

Quick, someone edit in glasses.

>And there is plenty of art with Keith comforting Shiro because of his PTSD and nightmares

Not nearly as much as the reverse. You're not seriously so naive as to think the bara subs equally as much to the twink, are you? Do you even fujo?

>she hopped to Sheith and now just does stuff with the Count of Monte Cristo
Gah, ever since they started using Twitter japs have changing interests too fast for me.

I actually thought the fart joke was one of the few Lance jokes that actually landed.

>it's usually comfy "bros getting it on with each other" stuff.

Lance always bottoms in Shance ime. At least Sheith and Klance have some variety.

Shance seems like something a Lance fangirl would like since the focus is primarily on him (in most of the lewd art/fic I've seen) with Shiro being an afterthought.

Not that user, but a man can fucking dream goddamnit.

It's annoying seeing so many people PROCLAIM EXTREMELY LOUDLY THAT LANCE IS LITERALLY FLAWLESS and go out defending his honor like whiteknights, and that if he has a flaw it's his self-esteem (true) which stems from his inability to realize his own greatness (not true) or that anyone who's mean to him or expresses any dislike towards him is a bully (also not true).

I actually don't mind Lance like some people do, but the whole point is that whatever issues he has is making his behavior towards others shitty and that he needs to learn to overcome that. If you think he's a complete victim then congrats on missing the point of your "favorite" character.

>official comic sucks
I must have missed those threads. What's wrong with it?

Eh, I don't think it'd be incredibly far-fetched to say Lance could be bi. There are bi people with a preference for one gender. I'm not saying that in defense of klance, though, Lance just seems like a slut in general.

fucking kill yourself

Link?

The art's pretty bad (moreso in the first issue than the second), and, I dunno, the story and writing have been pretty forgettable so far.

Same, it was one of the few times Lance had the upper edge instead of being the punchline and even if he's being a brat him losing all the time would just make him even more insufferable of a bastardized Sokka.

It's also pretty annoying to read the two or three autists who sperg out any time you don't insult him here. That shit got boring dozens of threads ago. They need to relax or fuck off.

>Eh, I don't think it'd be incredibly far-fetched to say Lance could be bi.

Fuck off, landwhale, there are literally no implications of this at all. The "oh, he flirts with women so that must mean he's closeted or fucks everything XDD" fujo logic that plagues every blatantly straight flirtatious male character in fiction needs to die.

archiveofourown.org/works/7428358

It's not equal but most of the fics in the bottom Shiro tag on AO3 are Sheith and most of the well-known Sheith artists like both top Shiro and bottom Shiro. Actually, plenty of the fetishy Shiro art and Svendak fanart that gets posted here comes from artists whose main ship is Sheith, but since they're Shirofags they like other stuff with him too. Fujos aren't quite the same nowadays as they were 10 years ago, m8.

I thought you were Heero Yuy.

I just find Lance to be a really, really overdone character archetype desu. Sure, everyone in Voltron is trope-y, but he is so by the numbers and without a hint of subversion or anything new to add to the archetype that it's just eye-roll inducing.

Yeah, if these fans didn't exist or were less numerous/quiet, he'd probably be more tolerated. So I don't blame others who don't like Lance when those over zealous fans soured him to them.

>Lance just seems like a slut in general
True. I'm usually pretty flexible with sexuality because I'm a faggot myself, but I just can't see it in Lance. He aggressively flirts with females, and hasn't said anything flirtatious to any males, while chasing every single female. He's the only one with hints to his sexuality, and it's straight.

Making him lgbt would feel like a huge asspull

This. I kinda hate Lance too but I prefer to keep it to myself, if there's anyone actually worth bashing in these threads it's the shitty part of his fanbase but people already do that.

>He's become the Sans/bill cipher/gir/meme character.

...oh god, for real?

Lance got infected with tumblr popularity. I don't think he's a bad character, we haven't seen much of any of them yet, and he might have a great backstory. He is certainly the most annoying out of the 5 but i'm ready to like him once he develops.

There's lots of bottom!Shiro art, but it ain't Sheith or Shance.

Shiro/faceless Galrans, Shiro/Shiro, and Sendak/Shiro best ships. Heck, I think I've seen more bottom!Shiro with Allura than Keith or Lance.

Kinda, he's the one they foist autistic center-of-the-world scenarios on the most. Klance often ends up like Voltron's Soriel, and Shiro is its Asgore.

Not that user but you need to calm down. All they were saying is that the interest in one thing doesn't preclude possibly (

>I don't think he's a bad character

He kinda is though, he's just a subpar Sokka that you could easily remove from the series and have nothing change.

Chill out you autist.

Except for you know, all those things he did.

I don't disagree but I feel it's a bit early to completely write him off. What were we supposed to get? 78 episodes?

>he's just a subpar Sokka that you could easily remove from the series and have nothing change.
>have nothing change.
1/10 bait. Try again.

>They never mentioned any headcanons about "homophobic Lance".

Neither did the user you're responding to. I think you misread what they said.

I agree with that user though, that kind of reasoning is applied to womanizer characters all the livelong day, to the point where it's grating. Notable example: Dean Winchester.

Maybe not Sans, more like non-evil Loki or Kylo Ren in terms of protect-the-woobie autism I guess. Keith is a more traditional magnet for it but he also hasn't really done anything shitty enough that you see people scramble to his defense over, and plenty of his fans are willing to accept him going evil in AUshit.

Thanks man, time to get reading

>bottom!Shiro with Allura
don't make me like this, Cred Forums

No. He just stands around doing absolutely nothing but make fart jokes. They can write in someone else doing whatever it was he did.

The fujos are out in full force today

>more bottom!Shiro with Allura than Keith or Lance
Almost all of it comes from one artist who likes bottom Shiro in general. One artist who draws five Allura/Shiro pics is technically more than four different artists (I've counted at least that many) who draw Keith topping Shiro, so it's true on a technical level, but still kinda disingenuous.

What relevance does he have to the plot at large, though? What even is his plot? He's about as needed as Hunk.

Valuable characters: Pidge, Shiro, Keith, Allura

Filler: Lance, Hunk

>They can write in someone else doing whatever it was he did
Like killing him off and making Allura the blue lion? That would certainly be a twist.

All in all, once the crew figures out what the hell it is that they're doing, maybe they can redeem Lance, and give us more backstory on them all.

> saved Coran at risk of his own life
> saved Pidge from Sendak (and bouncing out of a coma to do it)
> infiltrating the Galra security on the Balmera with Keith
> a bunch of other stuff

I get that you're a hater, but you don't have to be a liar too.

It's the only acceptable way, I'm shocked when people don't do it.

>protect-the-woobie

Lance isn't even a woobie though, that's what's so weird about it. Shiro and (presumably) Keith have far more substantial angst and suffering than he does.

We've had twelve episodes of a forty plus series, and on the grand scale of those episodes Keith has actually contributed the least to the plot. Keith has the possibility of being interesting, but so far he's done little more than pilot the red lion and bicker with Lance.

Only Allura, Pidge and Shiro have been given personal arcs and character focused episodes.

>saving characters
>a bunch of other stuff

Wow, he really is so very important and relevant to the story and plot.

I wouldn't call Lance a womanizer. He's not exactly winning the ladies over, you know? He's just a flirt, and honestly, that flirty attitude probably stems from his fake ego, too.

> Coran and Pidge would have died if he wasn't there

I'd say that's pretty damn important.

Keith gets a pass because they've pretty much said he's the main character and point of focus in season 2.

There's no way he's not going to be important, user.

>He's about as needed as Hunk
Leave Hunk out of this.

Lance can go but we still need at least one character to be the one who cracks jokes at weird, ill fitting times

I think user's point is flying over your head.

If it weren't for Lance we wouldn't even have team Voltron to begin with. Is that plot relevant enough for you?

If you want to remove Lance you'd have to rewrite the entire first episode. That's not "take him out and nothing changes" tier.

>and honestly, that flirty attitude probably stems from his fake ego, too

Well obviously, that's part of his stale character archetype.

>any of the five
>not important

How would voltron be formed if any of them weren't there?

See? Just delete Lance from this adaption. They've already changed so much from the original anyway. There's enough pilots still.

Checkmate Galratheists

Not that person but I don't think that's b8 m8

>arguments that basically make Lance a plot device
>thinks this makes him a good, important character

jej

I agree, but that's where its about him 'possibly' becoming interesting. It's all maybe and extra-material with Keith. Very little is in the show so far.

Giving Keith a pass because he could develop into something interesting while shitting on Lance is pretty hypocritical.

Lance's problems and flaws are more real world and relateable to the audience. I'm not surprised a lot of viewers get attached to him. Everyone has moments of deep insecurity and putting on a front to hide it. Keith's problems haven't been shown in-universe yet, and Shiro's stuff (who is still massively popular) is very 'sci-fi' and less grounded. People can't relate deeply to being held captive, experimented on and forced into gladatorial fights to the death.

On the bright side, I feel like the popular mm paring ships are evening out in popularity, and that people are chilling out with that. At least from what I see, which is why all this anger confuses me.

> continually shifting the goal posts because you have a hate boner

jej right back at you.

Well now you're just changing the argument, buddy.

Keith has potential, it's clear they were holding their cards. He could be shit, but overall it's unfair to judge either way.

Lance was confirmed in podcast to have the same, predictable, generic ~COMIC RELIEF ACTUALLY HATES HIMSELF AND WEH IS JUST JEALOUS OF KEITH~ bullshit I was really hoping they'd subvert

>They've already changed so much from the original anyway
why did they make allura brown

Not even a plot device, really, as he has no relevance to the story at large. He has no thread connecting him to the antagonists or search for the Holts the way Pidge, Shiro, Allura, and no doubt Keith do. He's just kind of there to do things like save the others sometimes and that's about it.

On Cred Forums for whatever reason there's a very vocal Lance hate brigade.

I don't care about what tumblr baggage they're bringing to the table, they're constant hate spam is obnoxious.

Cred Forums and Cred Forums in general are full of bitter autists.

>Lance was confirmed in podcast to have the same, predictable, generic ~COMIC RELIEF ACTUALLY HATES HIMSELF AND WEH IS JUST JEALOUS OF KEITH
is he actually just jealous of keith? I thought they were at least friends.

>On the bright side, I feel like the popular mm paring ships are evening out in popularity

No they aren't, do you live under a rock?

Fuck this "lance is shit, No! keith is shit" discussion. Post More Pidge!

Shipping wars is one hell of a drug.

>On Cred Forums for whatever reason there's a very vocal Lance hate brigade.

Actually, that was started by Lancefags constantly shitting on Shirofags for no reason.

>Giving Keith a pass because he could develop into something interesting while shitting on Lance is pretty hypocritical.

Except they've already spelled out the predictable and boring arc they are taking with Lance. Keith is still more of a mystery, despite our speculations

See:

I think it's probably more than just Keith but he's definitely a part of it.

Hatebrigades in general are way more fucking annoying than people who like things.

>I don't care about what tumblr baggage they're bringing to the table, they're constant hate spam is obnoxious.

On Cred Forums, it's Lance hate. On tumblr, it's shiro/sheith hate. Twitter is the only half decent place to discuss fiction anymore and that's only if you're super picky with who you interact with.

Lance is my least favorite, but I don't believe any of them really warrant outright hate, the series is still considerably new. Most of the hate comes from anti shippers. Many klance fans hate shiro while many sheith fans hate Lance. It's the same bullshit with every female dominated fandom.

Inb4 the Lance hate is all an elaborate ruse from that one Klancefag who won't shut up about how the two are '''''''''destined''''''''' together to get anons to admit they actually do like Lance after all.

This episode reawakened an old phobia I had

Piggy backing off my own comment, but it reminds me of this Avatar forum I was on as a kid that had a massive hateboner for Zuko in Avatar. You couldn't talk about the character without getting a shitload of comments about how he's an emo and a wimp and anyone that liked him was an emo or just a fangirl, and how his character was a 'complete cliche'.

He's meant to hold the team together There's already evidence of this based on how he brought them together in the first place. He doesn't need to have some grandiose character arc or goal in order to be necessary to the story.

They just seem like they're evening out because more big name artists are drawing for the less popular ship, but overall there's still a big popularity gap.

>voicing opinions = hate brigade

Are you a Lance fan or something? Because your whole post is rather ridiculous tbqh. Maybe learn to accept that some people don't like your favorite character and not just write it off as "waahhh hate brigade"?

On tumblr. I haven't seen anything like that on Cred Forums outside some people getting annoyed by Shiro smut dumps taking up so many Voltron threads. Which was always directed at the posters rather than the character.

>On tumblr, it's shiro/sheith hate.
I see very little, most just ignore him or pair the spares with shatt and shallura. I actually see quite a lot of Keith hate, even from klance fans who pretty much outright say he's only good when Lance's dick is in him.

Keith was initially popular but I think bitter sjw who are mad that he's probably going to be leader over Allura hurt his popularity a lot

>do you live under a rock
Different online experiences. Months ago, from what I've seen, many people hated Sheith but it's currently rapidly gaining in popularity. I've followed klance shippers who have left for sheith. Because it's gaining in popularity and "taking" fans from the ~other side~, the hate has gotten much worse.

Again, we probably view completely different portions of fandom

This artist has a lot of material for me.

When they do it all the time at the smallest mention of Lance, that goes past 'voicing an opinion' and becomes obnoxious spam. You can't talk about Lance at all on Cred Forums without dealing with it.

>mfw I do quite honestly outright hate Lance

He's just too fucking obnoxious for me, I'm sorry.

I rarely see Sheith fans hate Lance at all. They usually ignore him completely. When they don't it's usually because they multiship Klance or something.

I agree. Klance is always more popularity but it's kind of wavy in terms of proportionality

>watch the show
>feel like the whole team were getting along and were friends by the middle of the season
>both haters and lovers of Lance still act like Lance hates Keith with all his being

Why?

He's a polarizing character and these threads aren't populated by the same people every time. Hell, we rarely even have Voltron threads nowadays. Learn to deal with it.

>Shiro smut dumps taking up so many Voltron threads

Shiro nsfw is eons better then character/ship hate. Why do I always miss these threads

Nah there's still Sheith hate going on. A few days ago a bunch of Sheith and Shidge fans got gorespammed for being "pedos".

>I actually see quite a lot of Keith hate, even from klance fans who pretty much outright say he's only good when Lance's dick is in him.

This is true, I've seen Klancefags admit they only like Keith when he's interacting with Lance. Funny, because I find Keith likeable with everyone except Lance. Lance brings out the worst in Keith, the most recent comic is a good example of that.

>Months ago, from what I've seen, many people hated Sheith but it's currently rapidly gaining in popularity

lmao no it isn't, if anything it's stilted entirely and Sheith shippers are demonized now more than ever. Go on AO3 or search Sheith on tumblr if you don't believe me.

Thats enough pidge posting for me today.

>On tumblr. I haven't seen anything like that on Cred Forums outside some people getting annoyed by Shiro smut dumps taking up so many Voltron threads

You're new to these threads then because there was a whole drama thing with Lancefags bitching about Shirofags a couple months ago.

Hope you don't mind me butting in then.

That user would be one hell of a pissbaby then.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

amen

I find it interesting that the fan interpretation of Pidge is pretty much a cold, snarky Daria character, but the character in the show is actually very emotional and expressive.

I've been posting in Voltron threads since the show started, I don't check every Voltron thread and I took an extended hiatus because the cancer was getting pretty bad.

>I see very little
You're either actively ignoring it or following all the right people, because sheithfags have recently been spammed with gore and have had others try and dox them to turn them in for being 'pedos'. The sheith hate gets worse every day and from at outsider looking in it baffles me the crew wouldn't just announce the ages so the fandom could clear this shit out for a bit

>On the bright side, I feel like the popular mm paring ships are evening out in popularity
How many people do you have on your ignore list?

You know a while back I did two polls asking sheith and klance fans which character from half of their ship they preferred. Klance was extremely predictable.

strawpoll.me/11208403/r
strawpoll.me/11208428/r

As an oldfan that used to ship this as a kid, this makes me happy.

Sheith AO3 is just as active as ever. Sheith search has only gotten worse because of klance ship insecurity. Notice how it spikes after someone on the cast hints at anything sheith related.

Ships are at their most demonized when the rival ship is self conscious

Sheith fans yes, I meant Shiro fans in particular. I guess I misunderstood you

This, there was a moment when the Sheith hate was calming down but now it seems worse than ever. I've already blocked a shit ton of people yet it still shows up in the tags. The divide in popularity between Klance and Sheith (and all other ships) is still huge too, just look at the number of fanfics on AO3.

That's always bothered me. Pidge is made out to really mean in some comics, especially towards Lance. I never understood why.

Sheith is still pretty popular though. Klance is more popular but sheith has better quality shit so it evens out well enough

This just tells me both ships are terrible.

Shitposter-kun pls...

>just look at the number of fanfics on AO3
Quality =/= Quantity. I follow both and it's very difficult finding klance fic that isn't absolute cancer to trudge through. This is what happens when a fandom is flooded with 15 year olds

Well she has hit Lance twice. Once with her bayard and once with a robot.

I'm really curious what the context will be. The easy answer is "galra keith" but there's probably other options. Maybe something about how Keith was the only paladin who was willing to entertain the idea of leaving Allura in Zarkon's clutches? And how Allura seemed to think that would have been the right choice?

Except user's original argument was that the m/m ships are evening out in popularity, when they clearly aren't.

More pidge posting is always great.

Sheith is pretty close. I should note that it is skewed because I sent it to a lot of sheith friends who prefer Keith as opposed to gen sheith fans, while klance poll was more to people I didn't know

Yeah but that's just slapstick. Pidge is downright nasty in some comics. I know fans tend to exaggerate character traits but it's odd Pidge has commonly become such a downer in fan content.

The argument that can be made is that klance fans are 14 year olds who produce shit even if they're shit while sheith fans don't unless they are good. A better judge would seeing how frequently it's mentioned on Twitter or something, which is also hard because a lot of sheiths have locked their accounts

Klance is definitely more popular though.

All shipping stuff is shit

It would take a great deal of time to completely catch up to the amount of shitfics klance has, the sheith love is fairly recent so I'd give it time

>I find it interesting that the fan interpretation of Pidge is pretty much a cold, snarky Daria character, but the character in the show is actually very emotional and expressive.
Yeah, I mean she has a bit of snark to her, but she's overall a lot more enthusiastic and cheerful than people tend to portray her. It's a shame, I really like that she's not just the "snarky nerd" trope played straight.

I'm pretty sure it'd make no difference who you sent that poll to, Sheith would still skew towards Keith.

Once again, both ships and their respective fandoms are terrible.

I disagree. It only seems like that because of Klance's popularity, you have more people producing garbage, so it comes off like there's less quality work.

Any chance we'll get a sports themed ep?

I just meant in terms of enjoying it lol

Yep.

>Klance was extremely predictable.

So is Sheith though? Why are you acting like either side isn't equally bad in their bias?

>not even on the list
Suffering.

There's no escaping Sturgeon's Law, user.

I'm pretty proud of hunk/lance though, I had no idea it was so popular

Because personal experience is that sheith fans are made up of both while hardcore klance fans only care about Lance? Shiro fans tend to multiship Shiro and are a good percentage of the sheith BNFs. Conversely, a lot of Keith fans multiship that and klance

Mmmm. Sukumizu Pidge.

shay/allura outta nowhere

>all that Shiro

Literal whore.

>Maybe something about how Keith was the only paladin who was willing to entertain the idea of leaving Allura in Zarkon's clutches? And how Allura seemed to think that would have been the right choice?

I could see this being the thing. As it is now both are willing to make those kinds of weighty sacrifices and I could see one of them realizing that maybe that's going too far. They mention Allura's anger so much, I have a feeling Keith is going to find himself in the odd position of having to reign her in. Though the reverse could also happen; in a way Keith is kind of taking her lead in his approach to the Galra (though he likely has his own reasons).

I'm also intrigued by the possibility that Allura may not place as much value on her own well being as that of Voltron.

Sheith is literally tried right now

It's a small ship but what it does have going for it is pretty good. And I think it actually has a decent shot at happening.

Have they hinted at what we'll see for season 2? The clifthanger they left it on felt out of place

Except there was a faggot bitching about it in one of the homo threads where the entire purpose of the thread is literally to dump sexy pictures of Shiro or whatever Cred Forums husbando user wants.

Yeah, I like that it tends toward cute and playful instead of heavy.

I would think so too but I'm afraid nobody's getting with anyone in this show.

Cute

from what I remember those were threads labelled 'Voltron' not 'beef cake'.

Husbando/beef cake threads are different, and are labelled differently.

Because it was posted on Cred Forums, which is full of Shirofags.

Eh, we might only have 60-some fics last I checked, but at least one of them is a real doozy. It'd've been easy to have a tiny supply *and* have nothing particularly good there, so I'd say we lucked out.

I remember once there were people complaining about keithposting and Keithfags blamed shirofags even though it was a lancefag, and then apologized to Shirofags

Other than that it's just the occasional lancefag or baiter who complains about Shiroposting

No, user, is referring to the general homolust threads which feature any characters or ships anons want. Shiro was posted a lot in one of them the other day and some faggot came in to whine about "Shirofag cancer ruining another thread".

A lot of the sheithfags population come on here

(I actually tried drawing the sea slug people from washouts and weedkillers. Perhaps not the choicest content, but it was a fun little exercise)

>>Husbando/beef cake threads are different, and are labelled differently

It was a beef cake/gay thread where that happened though.

You're reaching.

One of these days I'm going to waltz in here with my own fic and get some constructive criticism.

I'm not reaching if it's true.

Read this thread. Admitted sheith fans galore

>vast, vast majority of Sheith has Keith as the main focus and uke
>n-no really guys, Sheith shippers aren't biased towards Keith at all!!

Even Klance has some variation on who tops and bottoms or is the main focus. If anything, Sheithers are worse in their bias.

Pretty much, Cred Forums is where people who don't like the most popular shit in fandom come.

Pretty fucking sad if the entire population of Sheith is 10 or so anons on Cred Forums.

Once again, you are reaching. The poll was skewed heavily towards Keith before it was posted here.

I'm so tired of this copypasta. I'm pretty sure we've been over the issue ITT

>Heavily
It was 9:11
Yep

>no argument

Also, this literally cannot be refuted. Go to Paheal, go to AO3, the vast majority of Sheith has Keith bottoming. There is far more variation with Klance.

One of those new votes for Shiro was me, but I don't ship Sheith. The Klance poll also had more participants.

Your argument is pretty weak breh.

The best thing about Lidge/Pance/Whatever its called is the lack of drama from other posters.

The fans seem really comfy too.

That's how it is for all Pidge ships desu

I just want more of Shiro suffering in S2.

>That's how it is for all Pidge ships desu
Shidge gets attacked occasionally as being 'pedo', or it used to at least. Mostly by the more possessive Sheith fans.

Shiro is built for suffering.

She is the peacemaker.

All the Shidge hate I've seen comes from Klance fans, and when Sheith fans do interact with them it's as multishippers or seeing them as ship allies.

You'll get it, user, don't worry.

I would expect Lidge to get flak from Klance. Is it just because it's small?

>I have a feeling Keith is going to find himself in the odd position of having to reign her in. Though the reverse could also happen

I think I would like the former better than the latter. We all expect her to be level-headed and have to bring people back to reality, but Keith doing it? That would be different and I like the idea of it.

10:11

I don't know what that user is even talking about. All the Shidge hate comes from the kinds of people who hate Sheith, not other Sheith fans. Sometimes it's from Klancers who do it to look legitimate in their anti-pedo crusade against Sheith and others are soccer mom wannabes who are genuinely opposed to any Shiro/paladin ship.

Worth noting that Shiro has the most rule 34 out of all the characters and won a poll they did on who gets the most fanart in Voltron.

Hopefully the creators know he was made for fanservice and make him suffer/go through lewd situations in season 2.

I can't believe you guys make such a big deal about who is taking it in the ass. It's not like people could choose what makes thair privates tingling.

>Look up Keith and Allura on tumblr

Wow you guys were right. It's an absolute salt-mine.

Oh good lord, the salt.

That Shiro family question really makes me wonder if they're going to introduce Ryo.

That's my preference too. The female being the calming influence is a little too conventional, IMO. It also helps that Keith just doesn't seem the type to caution someone against their worst nature, so I can see him just stumbling his way through it at first.

My favourite is
>If Keith/Allura ends up canon I’m murdering an infant.

>The female being the calming influence is a little too conventional, IMO
No I agree with you. It's almost always expected for the woman to be the voice of reason or the soothing mother.

Keith being callous and cold eventually becoming the one to calm Allura is great.

Hypernatremia

I'm not all that familiar with the old Voltron series', was Ryo his cousin or brother? Either way,

>mfw Ryo/Shiro incest porn
>mfw Shiro calling Ryo "onii-san"

Ryo was Quiet's twin bother.

These guys are funny...
>Let's consider all the ways this might not indicate romance.
Completely fails to use this logic with Sheith or Klance.

It's funny cuz they can't even cry about "queerbaiting" because the show itself has absolutely no homolust or ship implications in it at all.

This is what happens when you strap those yaoi goggles on so tight that they cut off circulation.

You still have people talking about how Keith is "clearly gay" or a "known gay" though. Hard to see reality through all the smut fics I guess.

Those are some crazy yaoi goggles though. I'm a filthy degenerate fujoshi and I see no gay at all.

Ah, finally found the "it's got the potential to be pedophilia" comment I was waiting for. Now we just wait for all the fishing for an official physical age for Allura (which none of the shits had any interest in despite shipping her with a "known adult").

I can't wait for Keith to be 10000+ years old and hear the "IT'S DIFFERENT. HIS BODY IS 17!" excuse.

>17-year-old at least sophomore at military college.
Klancer logic

I'm more of Sheithfag, but I'm going to ship KeithxAllura now just in spite.

How do you think they'd defend it if Keith is 10,000+ years old and goes through a Galra puberty that makes him look in his 20s?

Then suddenly Allura "looks like a teen by comparison" or some such nonsense.

I'm just surprised Allura is getting the pedo age thing when otherwise people would be praising a mixed race ship with a powerful poc princess. This is what happens when you discourse yourself into a corner.

Well they can try. But so long as her physical age is unknown all they have is "she's coded as adult". That didn't do much to convince anyone about Shiro before the SDCC panel.

If anything, she's coded as a young, inexperienced princess who's just learning what it means to be a leader. That says late teen coding to me.

>dat ass

Would rape

This is how I see it as well. Especially when she felt the need to pull rank with the others in the second to last episode. An experienced leader wouldn't have felt the need to overcompensate like that, in my opinion.

Alfor keeping secrets from her also hints at her being sheltered to a certain extent.

When do we get Scott Steiner on Legendary Defender

I'm pretty sure her VA talked about Keith, Lance and Shiro as dating material for Allura, so I'd put her in between their ages. Though I don't think they've really thought about their ages on the official side of things, it's just shippers forcing it out of them.