How do you guys feel the batfleck solo movie should be handled...

How do you guys feel the batfleck solo movie should be handled? What pitfalls does dc need to avoid to make it a success and what do you want to see in the final product?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/ryan-potter-robin-audition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It needs to be dark and not campy, that's about all it takes to make Batman good...he isn't as complex of a character as some believe, create a dark semi gothic urban atmosphere and don't ham it up too much, perfect

>How do you guys feel the batfleck solo movie should be handled
Probably turn out pretty great if they could squeeze it into the MCU somehow.

Honestly i think think the less references to the dceu the better maybe one or two about supes and the league but besides that it should be avoided

Needs Dick

court of owls

I hope it's more Affleck than DC. We've seen with The Town that he can put together good crime movies and while I definitely don't want it to be embarrassed of being a Batman movie a more mundane Batman would be perfectly fine provided it's a good movie.

>directed by ben affleck
I've said it before, and I will say it again, Ben Affleck's solo batman movie will be the best part of the DCEU. Wan's Aquaman gives me hope too.

How should it be handled? Little to no batfam - as much as I love them, we really don't need them in the movies YET .

The Raid Redemption-style Arkham asylum movie would be a great way to introduce different villains without bogging down the movie with an overly-complex plot. The only motivations the characters need is to kill batman. Another plus to it being set in arkham is that he doesn't have to interact with the rest of the DCEU, keeping it very self-contained.

It just needs to be a solid crime mystery/ action movie.

Have Batman do actual detective work. Don't have him rely on Alfred so much like in BvS.

I personally would have preferred if they kept it simple to really capture a dark, simple tone. Like have the main villain be Two-Face or Zsasz. But it looks like Deathstroke is at least making an appearance.

I do agree the bat family should be downplayed but i think the introduction of a new robin could really add to the movie also raid style action sequences would be magnificent

>Probably turn out pretty great if they could squeeze it into the MCU somehow.

Nobody wants another Batman and Robin, which is what the entire MCU is

Whatever they do it will be inferior to Lego Batman

Jean?

Give me Robin or Nightwing or give me death

Asian Tim Drake

comicsalliance.com/ryan-potter-robin-audition/

Have him do intelligent detective stuff instead of being a retard like in BvS.
More of those fights that look like they're right out of the Arkham games.
No flashbacks to Joe Chill killing the Waynes.
Include the talking heads from Dark Knight Returns arguing about how Batman is the root of all evil.

That's fine

Maybe something in the middle of his career. Jason Todd's Robin would be a more traditional version rather than an edgelord. Maybe some fun stuff. Detectivework, gadgets, suits, all of that. I also wonder if Robin gets a microphone to disguise his voice too.

I agree. Affleck seems to be getting better as a film maker with each movie. Live By Night is looking good, and i hope that whomever the fucking Cinematographer is for that movie works with him for The Batman movie.

How about Tim filling in for Oracle because reasons. Start with Batman and Robin apprehending a criminal. Robin goes back to the cave while Bats sends the crook to Arkham. Insert Raid type movie, with Robin chiming in from the cave to provide intel, but ultimately unable to join in.

>sends the crook to Arkham
Why? It's an insane asylum. Blackgate is an actual prison, why not send someone there?

I guess it would depend on the villain. But swap Arkham with Blackgate and the Raid scenario still works.

I am totally fine with a asian tim drake but i would want a younger actor between 13 and 16 would be ideal

/this

Oh one thing I really want is having Arkham actually be a menacing place, with Joker as the only confirmed escapee. I really want Batman to be effective, even despite his despair.

So you want Batman to be effective by never catching his rogues, or do you just want everyone except Joker to become irrelevant forever after their first appearance while he gets put into everything all the time?
Arkham could never hold anyone. Not even during its first appearance.

>do you just want everyone except Joker to become irrelevant forever after their first appearance while he gets put into everything all the time?
Since it's a movie (or group of movies) with a definite beginning and end, and with the sheer amount of villains Batman has, I think it could work. Obviously not advocating for that in the comics though, since it wouldn't work.

I personally just want a couple moments of Jeopardyish/Encyclopedic like knowledge of something found at a crime scene. No Batcomputer. No analyzing it with something out of his belt. Just, 'oh, this fucking thing, this fucking thing can only be found on the west side of Gotham in the park during this time of year. Which means...'
But that's just me. Overall I don't need it AS over the top as the Burton or Shumacher movies but I think it would improve Batman movies if they tried to "Gotham up" whatever city they're shooting in.

I think they should worry about the direction they take there villains in. I think they should worry about the history of the Batfamily and what if anything they're going to do with that.

No thanks.

That's not really that impressive either.

Tumbler bls,

Damian and Nightwing.

-flashback of robin's death
-minimize subplots
-batgirl/oracle
-a solid bats/deathstroke fight scene

It shouldn't be made at all, they need to reboot stat.

If it's a prequel, I'd like the movie to throw some light on how drastically Bruce's personality has changed with Jason's death with an original take on A Death in the Family.

I'm not saying he should at first be cheesy/campy at all, but some moving moments in the line of that one where he actually helps the armed black kid on War on Crime could give a nice contrast compared to the usual brooding batman we've seen, and also show how he's been pushed over the edge with Robin's death afterwards.
Apart from this being a character progression I'd like to see (if handled well), it would kind of justify Bruce's depressed attitude and Batman's wreckless behavior in BvS. He's infuriated. He just passionately hates criminal scum because they murdered "his son" and doesn't give half a shit anymore.
Deathstroke could be introduced in this plot without much effort, be it as the mastermind commanding the Joker to distract Batman substituting Ras, as the hired gun who's actually responsible for killing Jason by order of the Joker, or as the overall orchestrator and executor, by himself (since it seem s they're going to prescind of the Joker anyway, although Death in the Family without him would just make everyone Bat-Mad)

Bruce needs to fuck a crippled Barbara Gordon. Preferably such that Dick finds out.