INTERESTING PLOT ALERT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2I_Btei6vKs
youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE
youtu.be/9ChC3l8FjlY
youtu.be/YWUx3-b0F_Y
youtu.be/ZePEy7OxV9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I smell boring, halfassed, political subtext incoming.

Why does she have purple skin no nostrils and smooth featureless ears? Is she an alien? Or an Overwatch character? I haven't read this in a while.

>an overwatch character
well she is talking to a Winston clone so maybe

Oh man, plot? Let it be so

She's an escapee from the world of Doug.

Is Faye going to jail?

>she mentions being part of an 'AI Crime unit'
>looks like a human analogue
probably a robot

HONK HONK!

Before this thread gets 10 million replies, someone for the love of god explain this all to me:

Every thread is filled with bashing of what I assume is the creator or the comic itself. Is this some sort of ironic thing? Post to hate on? Do you guys truly hate it? Do you actually like it? I legitimately do not understand. Is this like Spider-Man syndrome where "Spidey doesn't need haters, he has his fans." Someone enlighten me.

It's an addiction. We've been reading this comic for over ten years, and whether people want to admit it or not, we're invested in the lives of these boring, boring fictional people.

Why are robot fight illegal anyways.

Holy hell 10 years. Cred Forums was just a baby back then.

I think of it more as watching a train wreck that goes on for a really, really long time. It's awful, but still fascinating, so you can't look away.

I can understand that, but damn man. Just remember, if this causes any of you guys perpetual frustration, just like with real life toxic people, don't be afraid to cut them out of your life. A long history can make you want to hold on, but if no improvement or effort to change is made on the creator's half, leave them behind.

Also, forgot to say in my other post, but thanks for explaining it to me.

Well, so much for any residual fun from that nice string of May/Momo strips carrying over into the week.

Are you guys ready for one or two weeks of these two chucklefucks sittring in a diner booth having a hamfisted conversation about the dignity of living beings and the unfairness of prejudice and the lack of economic mobility and other topics Jeph is in no way qualified to break into?

She gonna snitch

(guilty drunk storyline incoming!)

Liberals thought that robot fights were demeaning to robots and conservatives are afraid of what will happen if robots get a taste for battle.

OP here, most people post in here simply to bash jacques at every available opportunity. It's like the daily dumbing of age thread, people love to hate these webcomics, it's popular and all the cool kids do it.

I personally enjoy the comic, and post a thread here whenever something interesting happens. It's not the best comic out there, but it is FAR from the worst, and it updates frequently enough that I forgive the lower art quality. he posts 5 comics a week, in addition to his side comic. I don't expect each one to be a masterpiece, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment,

Oh, I've cut people out of my life before. But when I hate webcomics, it gives me something to enjoy griping about, rather than having things suffer in the real world.

You can literally see the seems arpund her neck/hands.Thats a robot for sure,yeah.Im sure we gonna get some half assed story of why he hates all robots and shit,jaques style.

Because shes a goddamn robot!

>AI Crime Unit
das racist. Either there's a segregated squad of AIs, or a division devoted to policing them.

>she gets to jail
>kills herself
>nothing of value was lost

It's about time something happened

Taking bets on how long this takes to resolve. I'm guessing 3 strips.

>You're not in trouble, I just want to talk
"Well since I'm being detained, goodbye"

> Be a cop
> Wanna ask fatty some questionable contents
> She panics
The only reason Faye isn't being tased and beat down ia because she's organic

> Find a cop who is friendly and generally good natured
> She just wants to investigate if someone is getting hurt
> "Screw off pig, Fuck the POPO XDXDXD"
> Go home
> Three dark alley shootings, 2 rapes and a new drug empire is in town
> Why won't the police DO something????
You filthy nig nogs get what you deserve.

This. I tried to quit after Martin got with Dora on the rooftop. I tried to quit again after Martin fucked the tranny. I thought this is actually satisfying I'm done, but here we are.

Oh shit Faye is going to robojail. Guess she'll finally get to learn what robot pussy tastes like

I wouldn't describe the feeling I get from QC as perpetual frustration. More like perpetual blah. It's blandly inoffensive, and occasionally amusing. Kind of like having a grandma who sends you memes from five years ago because she just found out lolcats were a thing.

I've definitely cut out some other comics which I genuinely feel frustration and disappointment towards, like DoA and Goblins. But I just can't cut QC until it does something awful. Maybe it's comforting in its blandness, or maybe it's just useful to have a baseline of blandness to keep you grounded. You know, something to compare the real gems or shit to.

I'll never understand the mentality that compells people to write essays on mediocre trash. Does it feel good or something?

Here's what you do with junk: ignore it

I want more of the red robot tying up Faye.

Writing practice is writing practice.

INB4 it turns out she's looking for pintsize because he's an underground criminal mind

If you think of webcomics as food, QC is like oatmeal or ramen. It's not good, but it's readily available and generally edible.

Are you retarded?
Robots always have square text bubbles.

Based in Massachusetts. Everything fun is illegal.

Um, a couple things

1) the police can legally lie to you. If they are asking you questions the best thing to do is observe your rights FIRST instead of flapping your gums. Especially if you're involved in something like the robot fight ring. The police officer or detective asking questions is not your friend or your priest.

2) you can always accidentally say something to implicate yourself of a crime by simply talking to the officer even when you're completely innocent. Also police testimony is ***evidence***, so you're at the mercy of their recollection. If you never say anything, then they don't have much to say in court.

3) the right to remain silent is a fundamental right that is codified in the bill of rights. Only a fool would wildly-nilly surrender their rights as you suggest.

4) the police don't protect witnesses. If you say something that implicates mr big and his goons come to kill you, the police aren't going to put you in protective custody or hide you away anywhere. You are on your own.

In this case, Faye shouldn't talk to the detective at all. If she talks, then she can be maneuvered into doing one of two things. Either implicating herself as a contributor to a criminal enterprise or lying. If she lies and it is discovered, then that'll be an obstruction charge, which could mean jail time.

Recommendation: ask if she's being detained and if not, leave.

State Police? Doesn't this web comic take place in Montreal CANADA?

No, Northampton, MA. Jeph only moved to Canada recently.

Okay so ... What type of pie you think it'll be?

Apple?
Key lime?
Pecan?

Key Lime is if QC was in Florida.

How is she different from a bunko squad, sex crimes unit or an Internet crimes unit? AI's can possibly involve special crimes that need a s-Evian wing of the police department.

>2) you can always accidentally say something to implicate yourself of a crime by simply talking to the officer even when you're completely innocent. Also police testimony is ***evidence***, so you're at the mercy of their recollection. If you never say anything, then they don't have much to say in court.
This is much more important than people realize. Nothing you can say to a Police officer will clear you of suspicion if you're a suspect, but a lot of stuff you can say can make them start suspecting you. Better yet, nothing you say to them can be considered evidence for you, but it can be used as evidence against you. Oh, and best of all, anything they remember you saying is also now evidence against you, even if they're wrong; all you can do is claim you never said that, and good fucking luck proving it.

Long story short, anyone who says it's a good idea to talk to cops without an attorney is a shill or an idiot.

Most people are just naive about what the police do. Your margin of error when dealing with the police is paper thin while their margin of error is wider than the Grand Canyon. If the police can make 12 arrests that can stick instead of 11, they'll go for the 12.

It's occasionally interesting and the robot characters are actually pretty good.

Honestly, it only went from being a sort of middle-of-the-road, but fun webcomic to shit tier in the last couple of years when he decided that the human characters weren't allowed to have fun anymore and had to be pure angst all the time.

"You're not in trouble" in Police Speak always has a "yet" at the end.

You must be an angry black man

You must be a prosecutor who thinks they're awfully clever.

Not angry, just not being a dumbass.

youtu.be/2I_Btei6vKs
youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE
youtu.be/9ChC3l8FjlY
youtu.be/YWUx3-b0F_Y

If you want to be a dumbass, then by all means. Take your chances.

> Admitting crimes to the police
There's no curing stupidity.

i can't even bring myself to edit QC anymore let alone follow it.

Just talking with the police at all is stupid unless you're the victim and even then you can hang yourself.

youtu.be/ZePEy7OxV9s

I miss when cartoons were targeted at adults

>The first strike came fast, too fast for human perception to register anything beyond a smear of color and motion.
>It slammed the cop into the wall behind her, shattering concrete and collapsing the robot's chest.
>An almost imperceptible "whhrr" signaled the release of limb restraints and the officer responded with a flurry of blows that could rip apart steel.
>Unfortunately she was not faced with the thin plating of a consumer grade chassis but the layered alloys of a NBC-proofed war machine.
>The second strike tore open the cop's frame, taking an arm with it. The remaining arm was shortly snapped off and discarded, the sound of it hitting the pavement reminding Faye of a branch falling from a tree.
>Her knees gave out as the officer began shrieking and pleading as the warbot ripped out and crushed hard drives, one by one.
>She looked away, tears streaming down her face, as the cop's head was torn open and covered her ears in a futile attempt to drown out the gibbering noise that blared as a continuous EMP beam emitted from the soldier unit's EW suite derezzed the mangled robot's personality core.
>"Bubbles?" Faye whimpered as she slowly opened her eyes.
>Her breathe grew short and her head felt dizzy as she looked upon the reddish robot and realized that Bubbles was a lie.
>A lie designed to comfort scared organics topped with a synthetic face.
>The cop was dead.
>The lie was dead.
>Hunter-Killer Unit BU-66135 remained.

>This better end with a hot sex scene in the shower while on the run from the authorities.

Also, I'm betting that May's body is bugged with monitoring equipment that she doesn't know about and that's how this place showed up on the police's radar. Faye's boss was upset because may's chassis is a tell-tale sign of 'ex-con comin through' that is soon followed by the fuzz kin]caking down the door.

Callin it now

I bet this is going to be one of those robot racism things where only the AI have a chance of getting in trouble.

as if Jeff is that clever

These expressions are impressive for Jacques, as are the angles.
Good on him, maybe he'll actually grow as a comics creator.

Plot twist: The AI cop knows nothing about the illegal fights, she's actually checking up on May.

>sorry, I don't have any change.
What even made her think she was going ask for money? Because she's a robot, I bet. Racist bitch.

>Now that you mention pie.
Seriously, how selfish is this bitch?

>that art
>that first panel angle

Jesus, I'm not one to cast the first stone but the last time I actually read this shit in high school the art looked exactly the same. In fact it looks worse.

Is this comic's plot still people going through a monotonous dating purgatory with no end or actual story structure?

Double plot twist: The AI cop is on the take from the illegal fights, but she's actually there to check up on May.

That occurred to me as a possibility. Tho the boss didn't have a reason to check her out at this point.

With all the plots about wry cynical ladies, coffee houses and quirky romances, its often forgotten that, oh yeah, this is a post-singularity world full of androids, cybernetics and nanites.