Interview with SNYDER Duke next Batman And true Heir to the mantle

Interview with SNYDER Duke next Batman And true Heir to the mantle

cbr.com/snyder-teases-duk...l-star-batman/ Snyder admits that

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/snyder-teases-duke-thomas-series-spinning-out-of-all-star-batman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ttp://www.cbr.com/snyder-teases-duk...l-star-batman/ S
I'm black. Hell no. Batman should stay white

It's not like he's ever gonna become batman anyway.

>page not found
Nice try OP.

Does Snyder realize he's the only person on the fucking planet who gives a damn about Duke?

As for Snyder’s plans for the character going forward, the scribe mentioned in the interview that he’s actively “trying to do a series” with Duke, alongside other creators. “It was really Geoff Johns, honestly, talking to [Geoff] and okaying a lot of this stuff with him that was terrifically helpful. I think we have something really special here with Duke, and I have a long runway with this character in terms of setting him up here and trying to do a series with him myself, with other creators, as well, once he is up and running.”

SNYDER

cbr.com/snyder-teases-duke-thomas-series-spinning-out-of-all-star-batman/

He knows Duke's fan-base isn't that big or that popular, right?

>Batman : You're not Robin. I'm trying something new.
>Batman : And by that I mean you're going to be replacing me as Batman, which is totally not something that already happened before with Dick and Jean Paul.

>As for Snyder’s plans for the character going forward, the scribe mentioned in the interview that he’s actively “trying to do a series” with Duke, alongside other creators. “It was really Geoff Johns, honestly, talking to [Geoff] and okaying a lot of this stuff with him that was terrifically helpful. I think we have something really special here with Duke, and I have a long runway with this character in terms of setting him up here and trying to do a series with him myself, with other creators, as well, once he is up and running.”

Who the fuck is duke?

Superior Robin.

So basically Snyder is going to keep pushing him into the stories he writes. Then eventual push enough to have Duke get his own solo series called Lark likely. Lark will obviously not do well get cancelled and then that will basically be the end of the character.

. “In this way, it’s fun to think about Duke as the figure that could be the next one to take on the mantle of Batman, but the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now.”

He is literallt saying that he wants Duke to be his own thing, get his own ongoing. He says nothing about Duke being "the true heir" to the Bat.

Op is a homo as usual.

remember this guy Cred Forums?

no but he's cute

Didn't KGBeast kill him? Or was that just a random nameless Talon?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Yeah I do he was really great

Is Batman trying to make a Sentai team at this point?
>Dick = blue
>Jason = red
>Tim = green
>Damian = black
>Duke = yellow
>the girl one = pink

OP's been told this before when he made this thread three times before this

It's only around 16.00 in the Middle-East, and there's a thread about Duke with no Damianfag posting, weird.

He wants a media adaptation so desperately. Snyder won't leave Batman until he has his own Damian, and he knows a progressive black Robbin is his best bet.

Since Duke doesn't really count as a new Robin what is his fucking code name? If they've said it I must've missed it completely. They seriously can't just be calling him Duke right......right?

It doesnt exist actually

>“It was really Geoff Johns, honestly, talking to [Geoff] and okaying a lot of this stuff with him that was terrifically helpful. I think we have something really special here with Duke, and I have a long runway with this character in terms of setting him up here and trying to do a series with him myself, with other creators, as well, once he is up and running.”

So it's pretty much Johns saying "Snyder that's a GREAT idea, i will totally help batman popularity!".

Batman is a mantle. Anyone can be batman.

Batman has many black characteristics though

Fuck This Synder. Zac is the only based one.

>Jean Paul
>tfw newfags don't know best Batman

Oh yes, let's do it because "black" is so FASHIONABLE right now! Can't make a convincing/interesting "minority" character? Revamp an established character!

Anyone who obsesses over race, religion, sex or nationality is a bigot!

>Batman is a mantle. Anyone can be batman.

This is probably what Johns believes too.

Lark. Really.

>black Robbin is his best bet.
If Batman were black, it would be better if Joe Chill were a white cop who stopped Bruce Wayne's parents while driving their BMW in a predominantly rich white neighborhood and shot them. That would turn the Batman mythos on its head. Instead of black Batman battling criminals in da hood,

>"Snyder that's a GREAT idea, i will totally help batman popularity!".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAH

Almost like Nighthawk from Squadron Supreme

I really like the bird-themed names. :) But I'm like... the only person I know in comics fandom who isn't a SJW who likes Bluebird and Lark (the characters and the names).

>educated
>wealthy
>doesn't shoot people
>goes out of his way to raise children

I just can't see it.

>SNYDER
Um... Irony?

>Snyder won't leave Batman until he has his own Damian,
Just feels like a terrible Snyderism ;

>Johns sabotaging Batman at every chance

It's not even funny anymore at this point

that's the worst meme that came out in recent years/start of the 00s

>who is Dick
>who is Damian
>who is Terry
Granted Damian's tenure as Batman didn't go over so well but still, Other people than have been Batman.

>who is Dick
the guy that always go back at being Nitghwing because he isn't good enough to be Batman
>who is Damian
literally ended up with Gotham nuked
>who is Terry
a mistake

>>who is Duke
Tumblr black.he is a discount Tim Drake with extra PC points for diversity.

Snyder and company need to be kicked off the Bat-Books and soon. They're wrecking the entire line.

Black people would detest Batman if he were real.

"Fuck da Batmang."

Yeah no, you're not.

Fuck off Grant

Their sons, not "anyone"

That is surprisingly appealing

>Duke is being trained by Batman as a full-fledged partner — but not a Robin.

Wait, so what happened to that other black guy from the animated movie? He ended up getting a suit and being called 'Batwing' or something, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, Black Batman would just look like shit from a design standpoint. Either black or blue cowl on black skin is just a terrible match.

You're talking about Luke Fox, who was basically a poor man's Batman Beyond that replaced a slightly more interesting character.

That shit wasn't going to last very long.

well clearly he meant before the 60's :)

>"Fuck da Batmang."
That's the latino stereotype, the black stereotype is "mane"
Since he doesn't "shoot" people and would only go after thugish nigs, he might have more of a chance. The media on the other hand...

>Duke next Batman And true Heir to the mantle

>Damien? Who's Damien?
>Fuck that, lets use my character!

>Duke next Batman And true Heir to the mantle
where does it say that?

Should have made Duke a cute black girl instead, at least he'd attract some waifu fags.

Literally just quoted it from the OP

I can't imagine how poorly a Duke book would sell.

>“In this way, it’s fun to think about Duke as the figure that could be the next one to take on the mantle of Batman, but the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now.”
That doesn't sound like the "true heir" in the actual article

> Mentions of Batman (presumably Bruce) dying again
> No code name for Duke, but better than Robin
I'm actually starting to believe that Snyder could be crazy enough to replace Bruce (again) with Duke-as-Batman.

I really just wish that they'd stop making more bat-family characters. There's way way way too many right now.

4 robins
batgirl
batwoman
harper
duke
batwing

Just stop. Use what you have.

Hahahaha no. Cant wait for Duke. Harper, and Batwing to fall into obscurity.

>No code name for Duke
The name Lark has been attached to him since Future's End.

It wouldnt be that big of a deal if they bothered to make them next generation like Terry was. Or fuck give Nightwing a sidekick. I hope Duke doesnt become DC's version of Miles. Also his costume is fucking terrible

Everybody just wants to make their own Bat-OCs and try to reinvent the wheel.

They are just wasting space because they aren't committed to utilizing them as astory resources for shit.

Yes, but it has not been confirmed or been used. That's why I think it is something worse.

That was mostly Snyders problem. Everyone wants to leave their mark on Batman and its fucking annoying. People will praise you if you created a good story, not a OCs.

How do you sit down and say
>I think batman needs a new sidekick

When there's half a dozen already?

Its more like
>We need a diversity character because we have the mindset that black readers can only related/connect to black characters
So yeah the Cyborg syndrome

We had Batwing.

I find that approach that people can only enjoy characters that are the same race as them totally racist.

>Who is this character?
>Well, they are a superhero who by day works as a-
>I don't give a shit about that, what color is their skin?
>...White
>FUCK YOU THIS CHARACTER SUCKS

Nobody does this who actually likes and is willing to spend money on comics.

And Batwing didnt work because its a stupid name lifted from Bruces plane, and hes basically a less interesting Iron Man. So they dropped him and are now trying again with Duke. Hell Harper seemed like a focus group checklist that readers didnt really run with. Im not saying Duke or Harper are inherently bad but they have the unfortunate case of being added way too late when the batfamily is already bloated.

The first Batwing was my shit thought. They should have kept that going.

Duke has been around for three years and I couldn't tell you the first thing about his personality.

I honestly think that while Snyder likes the prestige of writing Batman, he actually, deep down, doesn't like writing about Bruce Wayne Batman that much.

- That is why there was the amnesia plot and Jimbats.
- The reason he avoids the family and uses OCs excessively (if your characterization is off, it's much clearer when there is interaction between known characters)
- His Alfred is definitely out-of-character (see above)
- His avoidance of Damian who shares many of his characteristics with Bruce.
- his best work is really DickBats or related to Dickbats (Court of olws was originally intended to be a Dickbats story)

This.

That said, I like his backstory.

Ignorance of something does not mean it doesn't exist.

Duke is a driven kid who values common sense more than most people. He's skeptical and independent, but sees the value in teamwork, though he never loses his independent mindset. He doesn't trust authority much, and tends to treat them with some level of disdain, but is practical enough to know when he needs their help. He also takes personal responsibility for things outside his control, especially once people started looking to hom as a leader.

I didn't even realize he was that black boy in Death of the Family till that we are robin issue when he found his parents

Sorry. Endgame. Not Dotf

Man. They need to rename him quick, I've read both King's Batman and Snyder's All Star and I forgot Duke's codename.

What do you have against Terry?

>First Harper now this

So what is up with Snyder making new characters that are just boring as shit then forcing them into the spotlight? For what purpose?.

Does Batwing still exist? When's the last time he showed up in anything?

>When's the last time he showed up in anything?
He was bangin' babs before Rebirth (now she's got the Yellow Fever).

wants to be remembered for something besides half-assed endings.

i really liked his series

Being black doesn't make your opinion more valid dumbass

Morrison too. Grant. Dixon.

Every Batman writer try to introduce OCs.

Nah, just give it that yellow trim around the extremities, black skin looks decent with yellow.

Batman may be a mantle but there's a bit more insanity and instability with the role than being angsty and having a cowl.

To do a proper new Bats they would need to make him unique. It would cause a lot of NOT MUH but look at Terry for example. He's not Bruce, he sometimes kills his villains, he's more aggressive and less stealthy, but at the same time he also handles villains differently like when he mindfucks with the Joker.