Heathcliff fixes the car

Heathcliff fixes the car.

Other urls found in this thread:

gocomics.com/heathcliff/2008/03/23
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The joke here pertains to how human Heathcliff is.

hold your horses, cats can't actually fix cars
this one might be a little too much tomfoolery for me

"Julie from Arkansas writes, 'My cat Sprinkles loves it when my husband works on the car. Sometimes she'll jump right in and sleep on the engine!'"

>Sometimes she'll jump right in and sleep on the engine!
Editor's note: Sprinkles died under unfortunate circumstances later that winter.

LOL

>The thread is almost dead

I don't get these heathcliff threads
Is this just autism or is there something I'm missing

To deep for us

Humor in Heathcliff is sustained by only comedic absurdity and an insane chain of self-references. It makes the content an inside joke for those who read a lot of Heathcliff

Just keep reading them, you'll get it eventually.

Is Heathcliff to newspaper comics what Cromartie is to anime?

Joke!

So what do dogs repair?

my marriage

I guess that's a good way to say it.

Garbage Ape is very similar to Gorilla.

wha

it's a meme where we pretend that Heathcliff is deeper than a mind-bogglingly stupid comic strip for old cat ladies

I also find that these threads have a lack of Cleo

This makes sense though

I can meditate on this

>legwarmers
>wordsworth wore roller skates and spoke in rhyme
>hector in general

This cartoon was actively trying to date itself

Does anyone have the one where the garbage ape is a Star Wars AT-AT?

I don't get it.

To understand heathcliff, you must first understand yourself.

What did he mean by this?

Actual smile
Actual chuckle

Damn

W-what's happening?! This Heathcliff actually makes some sense!

I feel sick

>meme
>pretend
You seem to be mistaken. Most of us genuinely enjoy Heathcliff. Doing things ironically is so 2010.

I only have 2, one of which may be poor quality.

>jpg

IT'S

The crazy thing is that this is true. Eventually you start to see paterns in the endless cycles of absurdity in heathcliff.
And then just when you think youve figured it out he drops "Nothing can stop the Garbage Ape" and youre back to questioning if you truly understand it at all.

Ok this actually made me laugh.

I really need a transparent crop of Heathcliff here.

Is he calling Mexicans insects here?

You do know soap operas aren't a Mexican-exclusive thing, right?

wouldn't heathcliff NOT want to watch something about fleas

As a carnivorous plant grower, the fact that many people think it's their flowers what catch insects offends me

I like reading these comics when I'm high. But I'm trying to quit weed.

Fuck. I shouldn't have come to Cred Forums.

The "nothing can stop the garbage ape" strip is so fucking good. I think the thread we had for it is the only Heathcliff thread to ever reach bump limit.

cute
not cute

I genuinely, unironically believe Heathcliff is the modern world's Samuel Beckett

Never tried this before. Iirc, .png keeps the alpha channel

Fantastic. Thanks user.

That's a small carhole

Nothing, they are fucking dogs, idiot.

Does this mean hes not hungry? Or just not enthusiastic about being hungry?

I think he just doesn't like Mondays.

All I can think is that the cartoonist had one of their kids knock over a garbage can and blame it on a gorilla.

Someone post that theory of Heathcliff being Jon Arbuckle's comic

It was originally a parody of the Easter Bunny

Okay, now it makes some vague sense.

gocomics.com/heathcliff/2008/03/23

The garbage ape is supposed to be like the easter bunny, because cats like knocked over garbage cans.

Is that the first Garbage Ape comic?

that's actually not bad

Actually the garbage ape was conceptualized when Gallagher accidentally swallowed a quart of mercury. After a majority of the substance had probably been drained from his system, he went to work refining the idea with some considerable help from his new friend, the astral projection of Picasso's skeleton

this one actually made me laugh. and for once I'm laughing at the actual content and not just the stupid absurdity

oh my god finally the garbage ape makes some sense....

he's just a thing that knocks over garbage cans for cats. that's it. theres no hidden deeper meaning here. I think I understand this one now . nothing can stop the garbage ape. it's just referring to the fact that its snowing. even if it snows, garbage ape will still come around to knock over garbage. the reason he's drawn as an AT-AT is just because they were on a snowy planet in Star Wars. that's it. its the snow. that's all it is.

I can sleep now. goodnight

I would watch Stilt Soccer.

>tfw you remember an user called this comic happening nearly 3 weeks before its original print date

not all that significant in the fact that he called it but just the fact that it showed just how horribly uncreative Gallagher is

I think what draws me to these threads is the thirst for the unknown.

Heathcliff challenges my preconceived notions, not only of what a daily newspaper comic strip starring a fat orange cat can be about, but about life, art, and capitalism itself.

When Gallagher cries out about temperature obsessed narwhals, garbage apes, and chanting ducks, he's speaking clearly to himself, but forced to wait for the rest of us to catch up. That's some pretty Bad News.