Batman Thread

So, is Dick his least favorite?

dick is the one he rides the hardest whenever they meet up, but who he won't shut up about how great he is when they're apart

Bruce and Dick's relationship has always been sort of weird in my opinion. While Tim and Damian are definitely young enough to be Bruce's sons, I think Jason gets a bit more fondness when he's around from the whole dying thing.
But with Dick, he's almost more of a little brother to Bruce a lot of the times. Or just a really strict dad since he was his first kid he took in.

No, Dick is probably his favourite, after Damian. He just holds dick to a higher standard than any of the others.

What about Jason?

>Posting out of context pics
Try baiting harder.

That sounds like my dad.

No the least favorite son was Tim

He's just way harder on Dick
Yeah I think Dick is more baby brother than "son" which is why their dynamic gets weird at times

Jason gets a weird amount of leeway from Bruce, like the only time he ever went to prison was under Dickbats, and the only time Bruce was ever cruel was in the stages of grief arc. Maybe its guilt or something.

Dick is his favorite, and that's why he is harder on him, but Cass it's/was the one he was always more loving

Bullshit. Bruce loves Dick, just ask Clark.

>Yeah I think Dick is more baby brother than "son" which is why their dynamic gets weird at times

It's called growing up, when dickl was a kid and he was in his 20's sure bruce himself saw himself more as a big brther, but their relationship was changing., and by the time he left gotham they were already full dad and son, it's just that neither of them wanted to accept it. It's pretty cool how it was changing until both of them embrace it during Prodigal, and the Dixon had to ruin it again.

I don't give MUCH shit about dixon, he was a good batman writer, but he was working on so many titles that he had to milk Batjerk and Angsty Dick for years, i feel bad about how much hate he gets.

I don't think Bruce has a favorite to be honest, but it's quite obvious that he has a soft spot for Jason. I mean, the fact that Jason isn't even his blood and Bruce still went crazy and suicidal after his death, sees Jason as a son even after everything he done, give him a lot of free passes...etc. Speak volumes about how much he loves him.

tbqh I think Jason is hotter than Dick.

/r/inging the panel in which bruce tells alfred he needs dick and he can't do it without dick.

this

Though with New 52 they were oddly bffs with Dick not even having his "omg does Bruce even respect me :(" thing, which was pretty nice though Rebirth seems to be retreading that

Jason is barely 2 years older than Tim, so he fits in with the whole son thing.

Of course he is.

>get trapped for days in a maze forced to drink water that causes hallucination and other stuff
>finally get home
>obnoxious guy starts screaming into your hear no stop

I can't blame him, imagine the headache

Dick is a loser that can't stop complaining about Batman and "omg I don't want to be in his shadow while I literally do everything to be Batman 2.0"

he is the manchild of the robins, the one that never grew up as shonw by his lack of stable relationship and serious career

This, pretty much. Dick's the "oldest" and the one that Bruce wails on the hardest because he's meant to be an example to everyone - as the eldest son, he's got his work cut out for him. Bruce is never going to praise him right in the face because he knows Dick can do better - and be better - than him. That's not to say he loves him any less. Bruce just thinks that he'd rather Dick dislike him and be that awesome example only he can be than praise him and let him rest on his laurels.

He's proud as Hell of the man he became back in the day - but he's a Dad. He's not going to go "Good Job, Son". He's going to crack open a cold beer, gruffly comment how he could've done it in half the time and go to the garage... but once Dick's gone, he's going to burst with pride. He spergs over it in front of Superman "OMG THAT'S MY SON. THAT'S MY SON"

Middle child syndrome.

>"OMG THAT'S MY SON. THAT'S MY SON"
>implying that he sees Dick as a son

>though Rebirth seems to be retreading that

Why would you say that? They argued a little about whether to trust Raptor but it was established early on that Bruce has his support and all.

Bruce explicitly says that Dick being his own man was something that he had to come to terms with and couldn't be prouder - and even says, with humor, that them being assholes to each other in the process was something that fathers and sons, like them, couldn't help it.

There was even an issue of Superman telling Nightwing, back in the 80s or 90s when Nightwing thinks Bruce doesn't think much of him and was gladder to have Tim around, that Batman constantly praises and gushes over Nightwing when they team up like a "Proud Ol' Dad".

He's a grown ass man and can take a grown ass beating.

>implying Superman wasn't just lying to make Dick feel better

Superman doesn't lie.

Unlike your loser ass

>Superman doesn't lie

except he does, you should read more instead of calling other losers

Are you saying that Superman would lie to a friend?

Yes, he is proud of him. As MENTOR, not a father.

Bruce doesn't see him as a son tho.

>Middle child syndrome
Tim, yeah. Jason, not really.

>getting this worked up over fictional characters

superfags showing they are hypocrites as always
what would your imaginary little friend think of this behavior

He explicit refers to their relationship as one of a father who has to come to terms that his son is now a man and taking on the world on his own and couldn't be prouder.

The issue exists and you can look it up yourself. You're a grown man and I won't spoonfeed you.

Yes, he does. It's only lately that they're trying to retcon the nature because Bruce is in his early 30s and Dick is somewhere in his mid-20s.

Bruce doesn't see Jason as a son.

Yup..

Damian annoying fan, we know it is you.

And it's interesting how you always feel threatened by Jason.

Simple answer he doesn't have a favorite. He loves them all,although due to history he has a deeper bond with Grayson then with the other. And Damian is the youngest, he likely views him as the baby of the family

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
Hahahahaha! That was absolutely hilarious!

Post-Flashpoint Dick and Damian:

You actually raised some good points here, user.

And I especially agree with this
>I don't think Bruce has a favorite to be honest, but it's quite obvious that he has a soft spot for Jason

Interestingly enough, I actually do think that Bruce wouldn't have bothered with Damian if he wasn't his blood and Dick would probably be the who adopt or something.

Superman wouldn't lie like that, if Bruce didn’t say that then Superman wouldn't have said it to Dick and would try to cheer him up in another way.

i like how they handled batdad in brave and bold

Batman treats Robin like a kid but at the same time Wildcat treats Batman like a kid that doesn't know shit about how they fought crime in the good old days

He only likes them when they're young.

This, also Dick is his firstson and technically the heir of Bruce's Bat empire.

He is also the one Bruce expects to pull their family together and keeps thing running in his absence.

Probably even do a better job since Dick is charismatic and people friendly AF.

Damian was a killer and out of control, Bruce tries when Talia dumps Damian on him but he isn't able to do much with him.

He wouldn't have made Damian Robin that's for sure.

Dick is the one who made Damian Robin, the one who shaped him up and believed in him and steered him to the right path.

When Bruce was about to come back and they found out he wasn't dead, Dick was entertaining the idea of becoming Nightwing again and Damian was a little worried about Dick leaving and Bruce sending him back, he wanted to stay Robin to Dick's Batman.

Also Damian likes Dick probably the best out of anyone, Dick has more patience for him than anyone else and his optimism is a great deterrent to Damian's assholeishness.

>Superman
>lying
DELET THIS

Dick hasn't really whined about that since the reboot

>but he was working on so many titles that he had to milk Batjerk and Angsty Dick for years, i feel bad about how much hate he gets.

That was his own fault. He picked a shitty angle to run with for way too fucking long

>Probably even do a better job since Dick is charismatic and people friendly AF
Let's not go crazy here.

Dick is turning out charismatic and people friendly have to do mainly because of his parents' and Superman's influence than ever was Batman's.

Some writers did try to make Bruce and Dick as father and son, but most ignore it and settled with big brother/little brother dynamic.

And currently, only Jason and Damian who are seen as Bruce's sons.

Bruce calls Dick his son when Damian kills him in injustice

Nah, he's the favorite.

>injustice
You do know it's AU, right?

>tfw we'll never see why Dick is goddamned Batman's least favorite

>ASBAR got a hug in before official canon did

Wasn't Bruce just holding Dick here so he wouldn't fall?

looks like a hug to me

I agree. Not because he doesn't like Tim but there's something more independent about him than the others. Tim suffers from being the middle kid though.

They look extremely similar.

Lex got baffled from it and Bizarro tried to hug Lex so it was supposed to be a hug.

Bruce wasn't actually hugging him. Like user said here he was just holding him up so he wouldn't fall.

Though, Dick was holding on him desperately.

Didn't they hug in Forever Evil?

>no pants

What the fuck. I almost started watching that shitty cartoon too.

>not knowing Dick is a slut

>brother/little brother dynamic
You are literally wrong

> Sends Jason to Arkham and doesn't visit

Dick confirmed for shitty big brother

How do you like this one?

I don't think Dick. Sees Jason as a brother. They barely interact and it's always negative when they do

>References classic comic cover in tongue and cheek manner
>Ew icky baby stuff!

Cred Forums.

Dick literally referred to Bruce as his Brother.

So no, I'm not wrong.

Dick does (at least in the N52), but Jason doesn't.

too real user

But Jason almost called Dick his brother in Robin war. And I think Dick referred to him and Tim as brothers as well. So they do think it we just don't see it.

He was always a shitty brother to Jason. Out of jealously and fear towards Bruce replacing him and Jason getting adopted first. Jason's death is when he beame a better brother for Tim.

>But Jason almost called Dick his brother in Robin war
Yeah, which was honestly weird and OOC considering that Jason didn't even care when Dick *dead*.

He was pissed when he found out dick had lied about dying to them all, so I don't think he actively hates him. He's just tsundere with people he loves, it's why he treated Roy like a bitch.

> Not visiting the lunatic in prison

Oh no how evil of Dick. Jason is truly the favorite son since Batman should've thrown his ass in prison forever ago.

But no one cared about Dick being dead. Which is strange. I will once again complain about those unpublished pages where very one shows up to the fake funeral, even Jason who gets bitchslapped for some reason.

basically the writers feel that they have to validate their favorite Robin in comparison to dick. That's why you have shit like Batman telling Tim that he is a better robin then Dick ever was and that "he is so proud he could burst". Lets not forget the adoption fest after Dick was adopted.

Also writers often go "Bruce and Dick are great partners, wouldn't it be cool if they had conflict!?" not having read the 9,000 stories by other writers with that same idea.

meanwhile jason is shown to barely care about dick literally everywhere else lol

like the tentacle jason arc is the only other post revival story where jason cares about dick in some way

FAVRITE BATSON COMING TRHOUGH

Read Grayson #12.

The four Robins are much closer as of now, after Robin War and Grayson.

Dick loves Jason, Tim, and Damian and trusts them all completely. Jason feels the same way, as does Tim, and even Damian although he wouldn't admit it.

Try actually reading some modern Batfamily comics, man.

Well I mean that's not wrong. Tim was a way better Robin than Dick. Dick wasn't good till he became Nightwing.

Oh he cares alright. He cares by being petty and jealous of Dick or wanting to hit him. Like in Batman and Robin. Or anytime Dick was brought up in RhAtO, eternals or even in rebirth.

He is jealous of him because of Bruce, but he's not really petty about it.

Amazing how Jason thinks Dick is the favorite because of Bruce , but in reality Jason might be more liked than Dick. Also Bruce is an asshole for making the others feel insecure.

Was he really petty about it? He is def jealous though. Someone should tell him about all the ass lickings Dick gets.

I meant kickings.

> ass lickings

Oh my

Are you sure though?
Are there some ships you like we need to know about?

though Bruce usually does some ass licking when Dick isn't around and is why Dick used to also be insecure about shit

>Also Bruce is an asshole for making the others feel insecure
Funny thing is that both Dick and Damian were jealous of Jason and thought that he was more loved while Jason felt that they were.

Tim meanwhile...

>Someone should tell him about all the ass lickings Dick gets.
Just the image of members of the Titans coming up to tell Jason that Dick got rimmed again last night is glorious. I'd hate Dick as well for that.

Well shit I never thought of it like that. Explainswhy he shows up for crossovers

> Roy and Kori used to rim Dick

Must have made for some awkward conversations

>Someone should tell him about all the ass lickings Dick gets.
Oh well who could resist that ass?

Dammit. All my secret thoughts leaking out.

But yeah it's amazing how many problems Bruce could solve by actually talking to his family.

>tfw you will never have as good an ass as big brother Dick
>tfw people will never line up to rim you

> Jason is curious how that worked

They just set him on the table and got in line.

>all those markings

God, I'm really glad that get rid of this stupid mask.

Now he has a frown comically low on his face

Why is Jason's life so sad? His ass look perfectly fine and he too should have people who want to lick it.

Unlike Roy or Kory, Bizarro and Artemis have never tasted superior Dick ass so they should have no problem rimming Jason.

I prefer this over that anytime, any day.

And beside, it doesn't look bad under Dexter.

Tim must be suffering. He has the boniest ass of them all. Maybe that's why he is the least liked by Bruce.

Things rarely look bad under Dexter

I don't get why Lobdell keeps getting good artists

He must have blackmail on someone high up.

Same reason he's pretty much got tenure, my guess him and Harras murdered a hooker together after a coke binge in the 90s.

>tfw even Lobdell was surprised when he got RHATO rebirth

Batwoman and Talia who hates dice for dome reason but will sleep with Jason.

Dick was Robin until mid-collage age and he has never aged past 25. That's Bruce telling a 17 year old kid that he is "better" than Dick from 8-21. That is a huge slap in the mouth.

> Lesbian and crazy baby mama

Dat ass has a pretty good track record then

Bruce actually adopted Dick, legally. He later asks Nightwing if he raised him right and brags to Earth 2's Superman about him out of pride.

Huh. Why do Talia and Dick hate each other? Is it because Dick is a Batcat shipper?

>SOME writers did try to make Bruce and Dick as father and son, but most ignore it and settled with big brother/little brother dynamic

And btw, the whole adoption thing was only mentioned once or twice after this issue and pretty much got ignored by everyone else.

>Earth 2
Isn't Dick the only Robin who exists in that universe? Because I'm pretty sure that Jason doesn't, but I'not sure about Tim and Damian.

I think Helena was Robin over there too

It's because Dick shamed her with his awesome parenting skills despit being a dirty circus peasant

pre crisis Dick was Robin yes

in new 52 Dick wasn't Robin and only Helena Wayne was Robin

Dick was the only batfamily member Kate talked to and liked before n52 though

I desperately want a scene where Bruce and Talia see how much better at parenting Dick and Kory are.

Yeah but she would never make out with him

Yep. Talia was super salty about Damian running to go be Robin with Dick instead of coming back to her

When did Kate want to make out with Jason? I don't even remember them ever talking, and she almost never took part in Bat crossovers so it can't have happened then.

Never

That's the point. She's a lesbian so she can obviously resist his ass despite liking him as a person.

Thought so, maybe they meant Batgirl in Eternal, if Jason had been a bit more weak willed that abomination would have happened.

Red Hood and the Outlaws is a testing ground for up-and-coming artists. Rocafort got moved up to Superman after his stint with RHATO, and Dexter Soy said that he's signed for only 6 issues/

>Dexter Soy said that he's signed for only 6 issues

Soy has never said that. He said he would be working with Lobdell on RHATO for six issues at least.

With Ra's in the first arc of Teen Titans, Dick apparently cameoing, and Starfire being the new mother-figure for Damian, this might be our only chance.

"He rides Dick the hardest?!" Really? How hard does Batman ride Dick? On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard would you say that Dick could be ridden?

I personally wouldn't ride Dick, but that's just me. I'm a good guy. But since "The Batman" rides Dick and according to you he "rides Dick the hardest", what does that actually say about The Batman's relationship with Dick?

Other people have written that he dislikes Dick so much that he doesn't even want him coming out of his mouth?

But that sounds like an oxymoron?

What say you?

Between this and the asslickings I have come to the conclusion that you people are impossibly lewd.

>Rocafort got moved up to Superman
Lobdell also got moved up to Superman at he same time though.

Asslickings, you say? Yeesh!! I just got here. I thought we were talking about Batman and Dick.

What books are following the fallout from Tim "dying?"
I eat up the whole mourning period thing in comics for some reason.

>Newsarama: With the alleged death of Tim Drake (and subsequent imprisonment by Mr. Oz), the Batman corner of the DCU is suddenly very tied to the stories from DC Universe: Rebirth #1. Does the "Night of the Monster Men" crossover deal with any of that? Or at least address what happened with Tim?

>Steve Orlando: Yeah, we'll be exploring all avenues. There's the scene you referenced between Oz and Tim, which opens up all kinds of possibilities. But we also get to explore what comes out of Tim's death. Everyone thinks that Tim has died.
>The night we're dealing with, I mean, imagine that it's already the worst night of your life emotionally and now we have giant monsters to deal with as well.

>Tom King: None of us want to - I think people have seen the beats of Batman being sad about some one of the Robins dying. And those scenes happen, but they're going to happen mostly off-camera. People have read those scenes, and we didn't want to write them again and have people read them. I'm not going to write a better issue than Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason, where they did Batman & Robin after Damian died.
>Tim's death will impact everything, but we're going right onto the action, onto the next plot.

probbaly gonna have to wait until Steph's Tec arc

>right into the action
Fuck that I want melodrama

How many issues do Night of the Monster Men have? There is Batman and Nightwing crossover and?

>Batman #7
>Nightwing #5
>Detective Comics #941
>Batman #8
>Nightwing #6
>Detective Comics #942

>wanting melodrama
Why?

Whether they see eachother as brothers or father and son depends on the writer.

Morrison looks at the compressed timeline and sees them as brothers. He thinks it doesn't work otherwise. That's how he wrote his run.

Carey wrote them as father and son. So did Wolfman. Arguably Dixon. Grayson did, definitely. Tomasi saw them as brothers.

>arguably
you mean most definitely

It's always so gay when he does it with Jason or Tim.

hit me right in the feels

>BatB
>shitty cartoon
nice bait you got there

>the only thing I ever did right
>I don't ive a fuck my other sons

The rank of batsons Bruce loves the most goes like this

Dick>Damian>Terry McGinnis>Jason>Tim

Jason was dead and Bruce thought it was his fault, Damian didn't exist yet, and Tim's dad was still alive

So yeah it was basically between just Dick and Jason and Jason was at the time considered to be Bruce's biggest failure and also Dick was alive

Switch Jason and Terry, and I think you got it. Though, Damian is in the typical 'new robin is the best' stage, so that could change.

Should we believe what the evil machine said?

Yes, since the evil machine was Batman's son too.

It still eats at me that Nightwing only ranks as a beta class threat.

Ah I remember back when this was first coming out, people argued whether Batman was crying or sweating there.

I still can't see their relationship as parental. They've always been partners, even if with clear seniority. Bruce is domineering, but I know plenty of older siblings who are the same way with their younger siblings. They work together, but everyone else works for Bruce.

I dunno, I feel like we're abusing the familial metaphors here. Dick's the head Robin, the XO and the successor to the cowl. Their relationship is different by virtue of age and responsibilities in their group.

If it's a retcon, it's an extremely old one. They've been with the partners motif for over twenty years. The films, TAS, and I believe Batman himself stated this when Tim Drake appeared. He explained the difference between his relationships with Dick and Jason, and what he expected of Tim.

>157 posts
>only 1 mention of Stephanie

Both

I'd like a comfy issue of just the bat family unwinding to a movie night.

H....hi?

your waifu is shit

I mean what else would he be?

Batman doesn't like dick.

He's truly missing out

Batman's gay as fuck though

I think the most honest way to approach the Bruce/Dick Batman/RobinNightwing dynamic is as mentor/apprentice with heavy familial overtones of father/son.

Bruce is significantly older originally and in certain incarnations, so the father/son thing is more apparent - especially when the adoptions and home dynamic come into play. However, it is almost like a brother relationship with a significant age gap when both parents have died. Here I'm reminded of David Eggers, because a similar dynamic is present in the mostly true memoir A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - an older sibling dealing with the loss of his parents in his own way while still trying to manage raising an already grown child through the same trauma.

The apprentice/mentor dynamic takes on the characteristics of both the son/father and sibling dynamic in different ways. I think Dick is the only Robin for who this is a complication of the relationship. Related, it's Bruce's first shot at giving the father/son dynamic a try - he has to work through all of the cliches of that relationship through Dick. I think it applies as earnestly as does the brother dynamic, but I doubt Dick would express the brotherly aspect (or the apprentice aspect) before he came into manhood in his own right. Once he matures, Dick has to come to terms with the full multifaceted dynamic of their unique relationship on his own terms and examine it from different angles.

The other Robins are straight son figures, Damien especially as his actual son, though restricted from his life until somewhat developed much as the other Robins were. In this sense, Dick takes on a seniority over the Robins but he is also viewed as more attached to Batman than the others. Damien accepts Dick!Bats because of this separation.

Bruce is harder on Dick because he expects more of him, but this isn't because of a lack of affection for Dick or any of the other Robins - it's because Dick was the first and he feels a comraderie with him. They're both orphans, Dick was around early in Bruce's grieving stage (Batman is grief) and suffered the same trauma. They were partners, but Bruce introduced Dick to his method of healing and it worked. Part of Bruce's desire to heal himself was to save others from his own misfortune, and Dick having suffered it already, he expected him to be a more refined version of himself.

Bruce is harder on Dick because he is harder on himself than he is on any other superhero. That's why Batman, a normal human, can compete with metahumans - he pushes himself harder than is reasonable. The only other person he truly holds to this standard is Dick. It's a complicated relationship, but all of the popular considerations are at least partially correct.

Mainly, Dick and Bruce or Nightwing and Batman are partners. The former because Dick has grown into a man in his own right and Bruce respects that, the latter in a professional capacity.

You forgot that Dick in Bruce mind won't just replace him, but is destined to replece Superman as the leader of the superheroic community.

>Bruce is harder on Dick

I say you're gay

Interesting stuff user

Jason is gay

Tim is Gay

This actually pisses me a off.

>If I start this shit thread with my post I made in msp to illustrate my point, I can show how fucking thirsty I am for attention!

KYS

>Jason is gay

Is that Dicks excuse for being a shit brother?

Superman lies to his closest friends literally everyday

Bruce being shit and pitting the two against each other is his excuse

Or at least the "way past Jason is dead" portion because they were fine before he actually died and before DC made pre-death Jason worse and worse.

Is Jason the smartest batkid

I don't know man, dat ass is pretty great.

>>Jason is gay

Damian and dick.

Now, if you've been reading the entire issue, that "Because I want to watch Damian grow up, damn it!" delivered some heavy feels --

I'm just gonna leave these here.

Snyder's Batman ?

>some heavy feels
Indeed, few are the times batman is such a cunt as in that issue

>Dick
>Batcat shipper

Bruh.

>bringing him to where he died horribly.

Poor Jason. Damian dies and Bruce goes to hell and back to bring him back.

Jason is a cunt,

to be fare he did try and resurrect Jason, I think they concluded that the beating and exploding would have given him massive brain damage, so he nixed the idea.

>Poor Jason. Damian dies and Bruce goes to hell and back to bring him back.
Damian is his son.

Not his kid..Don't really care for Jason Todd.

, Damian is a kid, he's a 20 years old grown man.Bruce is 30 in 52.

Look if your going to pretend not to be samfagging you need to leave longer than a minute between your posts, or at the very least figure out how punctuation works so its harder to guess it's you Damianfag.

Jason is gay,

Tim is, but we don't really know how smart Damian is, the problem is that he seem to be even less interested in science than bruce.

No. You mean
>"Jason is Gay."

You hit the nail on the head, everyone go home this guy has got it covered.

This is why I have such a hard time getting into New 52. The compressed timeline hurts my head. He should've stayed dead. I liked him as Robin and the idea of his death and the consequences and stories from it. I didn't need him back and I don't think Red Hood is interesting as a villian

Tim gets no leeway and he basically validates his insanity while killing no one, making compromises all over the place like batman would.

>No praise coming from you
Cry for help

don't be a fag Tim

Bruce is a fucking fag this issue. Bitch needs to get off his goddamn high horse.