So we all agree that the DC Extended Universe is fucked, right?

So we all agree that the DC Extended Universe is fucked, right?

n-no! it'll get better....

it has to...

Another butthurt baby angry at the best movie series of all time. Typical.

>angry at the best movie series of all time
It's legitimately discerning to me that some people ACTUALLY believe this.

It is. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the Batman movie. To hell with everything else.

ITT: plebs

>discerning

Yeah that'll do it.

Except Civil War was the better fucking movie. Jesus christ.

No, Mos was incredible, Bvs was great. SS I haven't seen. WW looks fucking great from the trailer.
The foundation is solid.

>discerning
Why are Snyder deniers always iqlets?

So I used ONE word in a way that it's not supposed to be used. So what?

Bvs had more flaws then Civil War, but it also had points of greatness surpassing the best CW had to offer.

LOL

>there are people in this planet that unironically believe this

>Mos was incredible, Bvs was great.
switch those two

But yeah, I love th DCEU so far.

>Why are Snyder deniers always iqlets?
Considering that Snyderfags wholly accept Snyder's wildly out-of-character interpretations of Superman, Batman, WW, and Lex Luthor, it's probably them that are the 'iqlets'. They are literally incapable of seeing what actually matters.

Pic is a chart of WB's highest grossing domestic movies ever. Suicide Squad is a lock to overtake Sorcerer's Stone at #6. After Suicide Squad's run ends, WB's highest grossing domestic movies ever will basically be:

1) DC
2) DC
3) Harry Potter
4) Anomaly
5) DC
6) DC
7) Harry Potter
8) Lord of the Rings
9) Harry Potter
10) Harry Potter

By the end of next year, both Wonder Woman and Justice League have a very good shot at cracking the Top 10, making DC hold 6/10 of WB's highest grossing domestic movies.

They'll tweak them to try and make more money of course. But there's going to be a LOT more DC movies coming. And your moans of disapproval are going to do nothing to stop it.

>out-of-character
>not muh

not an argument

If Wonder Woman bombs, then probably. Unless JLA does absolutely lights-out.

Its got two more chances. If they both flop, then its well and truly fucked.

Not really.

What were these "points of greatness"?

Not that hard to believe, considering that CW was definitely better and is preferred by most people with any actual taste.

Notice how CW detractors never seem to have any real criticisms for the movie beyond how it looks, as if BvS weren't a bloated, fake-looking CGI fest.

I love reality.

It's completely an argument when none of the Trinity even remotely resemble any version made prior to the movie.

When has Superman ever been so mopey or so distant and alien? When has Batman killed left and right? When has WW ever been disillusioned with humanity?

Boy, I bet WB really, REALLY wishes Heath was still alive.

Not a single thing about Batman was out of character, we haven't see main universe Batman 20 years into his career having failed at everything, he very well could have been broken to the point of casually killing.

Being Campy does not matter for Superman.

Not a single thing was out of character for WW.

There have been so many very different incarnations of Lex in the main universe alone this very much could be in character.

>none of the Trinity even remotely resemble any version made prior to the movie.
troll confirmed

trolling is a art

That just shows that most people have shitty taste.

I like how DCEUfags whine about normies supposedly not liking their movies and them being too "deep" for them, but when it turns out that SS did much better commercially than it has any right to, suddenly they constantly throw that in your face.

>What were these "points of greatness"?
Ben being the best Batman imaginable except for Tas.
Same for Alfred.
Best Batman fight scene we have ever gotten in live action or animation for the matter that I can think of.

jesus fuck, you couldnt spot a bait even if it was dancing in front you, could you?

> broken to the point of casually killing.
That's not Batman.

>Being Campy does not matter for Superman.
You know being campy does not equate to Superman being a depressed, socially withdrawn sad sack right?

>Not a single thing was out of character for WW.
WW has never given up on humanity.

>There have been so many very different incarnations of Lex in the main universe alone this very much could be in character.
And Eisenberg Luthor was nothing like Lex should be or usually is.

you didn't refute a single thing he said you complete fool

Eh. None of those were able to save BvS from being a bad movie.

troll
troll
troll
troll
troll
troll
troll
troll

You excited for gotham tonight boco

>MoS is going to get pushed further down by it's children.
Good-night, sweet prince. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

>When has Superman ever been so mopey or so distant and alien?
Earth One, For Tomorrow, Kingdom Come among others.
>When has WW ever been disillusioned with humanity?
Her personality is still perfectly consistent with Diana in the comics. Her enduring different things & therefor being in a different place in her life then Diana is not out of character its just a the result of a different set of events.

Actually I did.

Fuck yes.

There was never hope. Only a fool's hope.

>That's not Batman.
Because it hasn't happened to him yet.

>DC is totally fucked! BOMB! BOMB! BOMB!
>Well, they're making a ton of money so people seem to be okay with it and it's a guarantee that we're getting more movies.
>Well... the movies suck!
Bravo.

3 films in and the only disappointment was the studio meddling present in bvs and squad

>You know being campy does not equate to Superman being a depressed, socially withdrawn sad sack right?
He is depressed for good reason. He is still finding his way & still believes staying above the fray is the right thing to approach things, the point is HE WAS WRONG, its fucking ok to write characters making mistakes.

Forgot my pic.

>People actually think this
kek

>Earth One
Not in mainstream continuity. Wasn't even well-received.
>For Tomorrow
Literally no one liked this story.
>Kingdom Come
Elseworlds where Lois Lane were murdered years before the story took place.

>Her personality is still perfectly consistent with Diana in the comics.
We'll see after her solo movie. That said, her disillusionment with humanity would actually be a part of her personality, yes? I can't imagine a WW who sat around, not doing anything for a hundred years because she decided that she didn't really like people outside of Themyscira.

But it wasn't bad.

It's funny because Suicide Squad is better than all of the Marvel movies and has heroes with a better moral compass.

That's pretty fucking cynical.

Except I meant quality-wise.

>still finding his way after everything that happened in MoS
>implying Superman wouldn't be smart enough to get his ass in gear quickly

Don't worry. Man of Steel 2 will bring Superman to new heights.

>Except I meant quality-wise.
Subjective.

>It's funny because Suicide Squad is better than all of the Marvel movies
>and has heroes with a better moral compass.
Literally what the fuck are you talking about?

>Not in mainstream continuity. Wasn't even well-received.
Getting good sells enough to get 3 volumes suggest otherwise.
>Literally no one liked this story.
Because the story was convoluted & vague, the tone was awesome.
>I can't imagine a WW who sat around, not doing anything for a hundred years because she decided that she didn't really like people outside of Themyscira.
Its not that she dislikes them, its that she does not believe she is capable of making a positive difference in the world because of humanities inherent self destructiveness.

Tell me, where are all the great masters of cinema and those educated on film theory who actually think any of the DCEU movies have been anything approaching even 'decent'?

>>still finding his way after everything that happened in MoS
He wasn't dealing with politics or the media in Mos.

The Suicide Squad movie. Go watch it if you haven't already.

faggot

Oh look pretty pictures!

>not an argument

not an argument
please explain why you think an autistic sperglord was a good interpretation for lex?

>Getting good sells enough to get 3 volumes suggest otherwise.
It's Superman. Also did they even sell all that well? Also, almost no actual Superman fan actually likes those works.
>Because the story was convoluted & vague, the tone was awesome.
The tone was awful. And it just goes to show you that making everything super serious doesn't actually make your Superman story worth reading.
>Its not that she dislikes them, its that she does not believe she is capable of making a positive difference in the world because of humanities inherent self destructiveness.
So she gave up? What is with superheroes and giving up in the Snyderverse?

ill give you Superman to a degree but the fuck are you talking about with the other ones?

Shit lex was the most accurate version to the comics yet.

you do read comics dont you?

>He wasn't dealing with politics or the media in Mos.
>politics
Actually, he kind of was when he let himself get arrested and smashed the drone at the end of the movie.

>The Suicide Squad movie. Go watch it if you haven't already.
So you're a moron then. Got it.

die

Oh no! Aquaman is going to rape Superman! Someone stop him!

I didn't know that Batman regularly killed individuals or that WW was known for giving up. Thanks, bro.

As for Lex, he has NEVER been a sperglord and his motivations for hating Superman and trying to kill him have always been more complex than, "My daddy beat me and there wasn't a god to stop him." Even in incarnations where Lex's father was actually abusive, his hatred of Superman never boiled down to just that.

troll
troll
troll
troll
troll
troll
troll
troll
troll

I mean, he's not entirely wrong.

Suicide Squad has some of the most selfless and heroic characters in the DCCU so far, and also Joker(aka, the only guy in the setting who smiles).

Which is a shame that it's also the only DC movie supposed to be about villains.

If Justice League doesnt turn things around, I think WB will reconsider the future of the DCEU

>Suicide Squad has some of the most selfless and heroic characters in the DCCU so far,
Like who?

And how are they MORE heroic than anyone in the MCU?

>Which is a shame that it's also the only DC movie supposed to be about villains.
Yeah, they fucked up.

>Not in mainstream continuity.
neither are the films dipshit

It's funny because you think critical reception really means anything big picture. Films get released every year that are critically lauded but are then completely rejected by the general populace and vice versa. Similarly, there are many films that are critically lauded but subsequently drop in opinion after time passes and vice versa.

The Thing was completely trashed by critics when it first came out but has come to be acknowledged as an amazing film as the years have gone by. Big Trouble in Little China, also a John Carpenter film like The Thing, was trashed so badly by critics that Carpenter nearly quit film altogether because he felt that critics simply didn't understand it. That movie has become one of the most well regarded cult movies out there.

The DC movies are making a ton of cash, so there's obviously a market for them and they have fans. More DC movies are coming and none of the "HURR DURR I THOUGHT THEY SUCKED!" faggots are doing to stop them.

Hell, even Scott Derrickson, who is directing Doctor Strange and is going to be fellated by Marvelfags simply because he's directing one of their movies is a huge Snyder fan and loves his work. I look forward to thinking about your tears of impotent rage as I sit in the theater enjoying the next DC movie.

Double faggot

>And how are they MORE heroic than anyone in the MCU?
Because company wars and brand loyalty.

>neither are the films dipshit
The films should be representative of the mainstream continuity.

>b-b-but it's an Elseworlds!

Yeah, no. I want DC movies that are actually accurate to the main DCU.

I wouldnt compare The Thing to BvS user.

>Also, almost no actual Superman fan actually likes those works.
Fuck You (I'm meh about them but still)
>The tone was awful. And it just goes to show you that making everything super serious doesn't actually make your Superman story worth reading.
It was worth reading even if it was flawed.

>And how are they MORE heroic than anyone in the MCU?

I never said they were. Just that they were more heroic than anyone else in the DCCU so far.

Like Diablo who sacrificed his life to save the world.

Whereas the only reason Superman died was because he was being an idiot and didn't let Wonder Woman stab Doomsday with the spear.

You're right.

I liked BvS more.

:^)

Such a boring/dry line up of characters at first glance. Not nearly as colorful and unique as the Marvel team of heroes (Iron Man, X-men, Hulk, etc. Hell, even Ant Man and Falcon). This is why I'm not much of a diehard DC fan. I mean, Batman is cool. But that's it. Aquaman? Really??

>Batman regularly killed individuals
see pic
>WW was known for giving up. Thanks, bro.
She was still spot on in every other way, and yes there has been at least two or three stories she has given up being ww thanks to some trauma or villain plot

>As for Lex, he has NEVER been a sperglord and his motivations for hating Superman and trying to kill him have always been more complex than, "My daddy beat me and there wasn't a god to stop him." Even in incarnations where Lex's father was actually abusive, his hatred of Superman never boiled down to just that.
ah, so you dont read the comics then

>It's funny because you think critical reception really means anything big picture. Films get released every year that are critically lauded but are then completely rejected by the general populace and vice versa. Similarly, there are many films that are critically lauded but subsequently drop in opinion after time passes and vice versa.
Are you seriously trying to imply that critical reception doesn't mean shit?

>The Thing was completely trashed by critics when it first came out but has come to be acknowledged as an amazing film as the years have gone by. Big Trouble in Little China, also a John Carpenter film like The Thing, was trashed so badly by critics that Carpenter nearly quit film altogether because he felt that critics simply didn't understand it. That movie has become one of the most well regarded cult movies out there
Examples like this are rare. Why can't Snyderfags just accept that maybe people don't like their movies?

>I look forward to thinking about your tears of impotent rage as I sit in the theater enjoying the next DC movie.
Because THAT'S healthy.

Aquaman is great, get some taste brah.

>The films should be representative of the mainstream continuity.
Why? We got 5 campy silly bullshit Superman movies.
2 were good, 1 was meh & 2 are some of the worst movies ever made, It was time for something fucking different,

>I never said they were. Just that they were more heroic than anyone else in the DCCU so far.
Oh. In which case, I agree with you. The writing for the DC movies has been awful so far.

>The films should be representative of the mainstream continuity.
kek, you mean like the mcu is?

...? Are you my evil twin?

>t. this gay earth

>Why can't Snyderfags just accept that maybe people don't like their movies?
We accept it fine, I completely agree they would not appeal to nostalgia whores or camp addicts, that doesn't make them bad films.

>Not nearly as colorful and unique as the Marvel team of heroes
What the fuck does that even mean when we're talking about mostly a bunch of heroes who set the precedents for the entire superhero genre?

Fuck, Cred Forums is stupid.

>Are you seriously trying to imply that critical reception doesn't mean shit?
thats pretty much true

>Are you seriously trying to imply that critical reception doesn't mean shit?
Not to blockbusters, no. For indy art films, sure. They're important. Blockbusters are largely critically immune. If people want to see it, they'll see it.

>Examples like this are rare.
LMAO Are you fucking stupid?

>Because THAT'S healthy.
It is! It's like eating a delicious steak while sitting in front of a raging vegan pedagogue. Your tears and frustration at my enjoyment only make each meaty bite all the sweeter. MMMMMM...

Im going to be honest, I have never met a single person who gave BvS a rating higher than "meh". Dont get me wrong, Im sure there are people who like the movie and thats totally ok, but from my personal experience talking to people I've never met such a person. Also I had to explain to 4 or 5 people what the future nightmare was and point out that was supposed to be The Flash

Yeah, those Nolan movies sure played up on the camp and nostalgia.

may be he iss

>Why? We got 5 campy silly bullshit Superman movies.
That has nothing to do with my argument whatsoever, you fucking moron.

More so than the DCEU, yes.

>thats pretty much true
Ehhhh...maybe nowadays and you really shouldn't place so much stock in critical reception, so much as your own opinion on things. That said, if a movie gets a negative critical reception all across the board, then generally, it's probably not a very good movie.

>It is! It's like eating a delicious steak while sitting in front of a raging vegan pedagogue. Your tears and frustration at my enjoyment only make each meaty bite all the sweeter. MMMMMM...
You must be 18 years or older to view this site.

I'm talking Superman specifically.
I have discussed in person 4 people who liked or loved it, and 2 people who hated it.

>You must be 18 years or older to view this site.
>STOP ENJOYING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!
AHAHAHAHA So delicious... MMMMMM...

>That has nothing to do with my argument whatsoever, you fucking moron.
Yes it does, we need new things so we don't repeat the same shit over and over.

This is just me, but I would have rather liked to see the big Justice League threat appear and then the team meets for the first time and then ultimately decide to work together rather than Batman going around like some weird Nick Fury. Whats even more weird is the fact that he decides to meet these recruits out of costume

>Superman specifically
Oh. Well, carry on then.

I think the cartoon did it well with the White Martians being the threat that brought them all together for the first time.

>Yes it does, we need new things so we don't repeat the same shit over and over.
Okay, but MoS and BvS were both tonally bad and the DCEU would've been much better if they had gone in a different direction from the start.

Also, I like the implication that mainstream DCU continuity is campy.

Ooooh, I always wanted one of those!

So, do you do everything the opposite of me, or are you just generically evil?

bonco is not boco

bonco is a replace

>Best Batman fight scene we have ever gotten in live action or animation for the matter that I can think of.

While it was definitely nicely coreographed, the fact that the only battle damage both of them got was Bruce's mask getting torn, while none of them spit a lick of blood or got any marks on their faces, after beating the shit out of each other, bothered the fuck out of me.

Different user, you're half right. I think stuidos/directors should keep trying to do new things so the material doesnt become stale. However its important to point out that they need to know what is flexible, and more importantly, do them well to justify them. New=/=Good. And while I can give credit for BvS for trying to take the medium into a different direction, mostly with tone, I personally cant really say they did it well. I think if they originally focused on making a batman/superman narrative instead of a stepping stone for Justice League, then maybe things would have turned out differently. Making it a versus movie was perhaps the worst idea from the start. Because I could care less about the dumb fight itself, because no one was ever going to be happy with the outcome, all I wanted was to see these 2 work together despite their differences. But perhaps Im a bit jaded that we never got that worlds finest handshake

This, but also, NOT wanting BvS' tone in my DC movies doesn't automatically mean that I want Donner-style camp either. It's a false dichotomy, especially since most Superman stories since have not had that same sort of camp to them.

Lol BvS sucked

>Whereas the only reason Superman died was because he was being an idiot and didn't let Wonder Woman stab Doomsday with the spear.

This wondy wasnt that strong, the stabbing didnt kill doomsday, Clark had to still push it. And guess what, he was willing to do it instead of risking Diana's life, a person he doesnt know, and doesnt know her limits.

She showed she could take a direct hit from Doomsday without every bone in her body getting smashed, and was able to hurt him.

Even then, the kryptonite spear would have weakened Doomsday enough for whatever differences there are in Supes and Wondy's strength to be meaningless. Hell, get Superman and Wonder Woman to pin Doomsday down and Batman probably could have shoved it though his face no problem.

But why did she smirk? She gave off the vibe that she was having fun and enjoyed the fight

>More so than the DCEU, yes.
literally bullshit

>Ehhhh...maybe nowadays
Fucking always mate

Without a doubt.

Yes she did, and Superman didnt saw that, they already told us BvS isnt Wonder Woman on her prime or at full power.

Where did they say that? Did something happen to weaken her?

I dont think the writers even know what Wonder Womans power level is. She fluctuates so much in both comics and other mediums its literally what the occasion calls for. And while granted that her solo movie is set in the past and shes probably a bit nerfed, I personally dont see the appeal of her mowing down endless waves of WW1 soldiers with next to no tension

No the rescue of Martha was what I was talking about.

Such as?

The interviews, what she does in BvS is far from Doomsday or Superman level, she had a magical sword and shield and mid tier speed and strenght, After watching Doomsday survive a nuke Clark has all the reasons in the world to believe HE and only he can use the spear against Doomsday.

No mos finally incredible & everything I was begging for.

No. Mos and Bvs were entertaining imo.

SS was pure shit, yet avg joes love it. Think about that.

She was the only thing restraining Doomsday you stupid fuck.

The thing I hate about this is these fucking no science pleb directors don't understand that the vapor cone is fucking persistent and not something that pops up for a second then goes away

It's too bad there wasn't someone else with super strength who could have done it in the immediate area.

Everything about Doomsday was a mistake and he had no reason to be in this movie

Why did she smirk?

I don't really understand your question. Are you implying she can't smirk if she is underpowered for the fight?

I just took it as, "I missed this".

>both Wonder Woman and Justice League have a very good shot at cracking the Top 10
Justice League easily, but Wonder Woman will flop.

I have no idea how any of the capekino shitposters. can defend the entire last hour of this film. The third act of this movie is radioactively bad, killing any interesting ideas or potential around it.

Even if you want to argue that the first 90 minutes of this movie are somehow some kind of auteurist masterpiece, the third act strips away every interesting conflict for a series of weightless, empty fight scenes that play off as Snyder's attempt to crate a handful of iconic "images" more then giving us worthwhile choreography or reasons to care. It's just fight after fight after fight and I found it impossible to care about any of them., they're just scenes built into individual vacuums with nothing real connecting them.

Considering how many women turned out for Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman will flop as hard as Suicide Squad.

LMAO

The problem is that Suicide Squad was easily marketed.
Wonder Woman not only suffers from what BvS and MoS suffered, but the actress has no charisma or charm, unlike Suicide Squad's cast.

Not to mention that Wonder Woman is going face to face against Transformers 5 and Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

>130 posts
>29 IPs

Seriously?

For all we know the fate of hundreds upon thousands of lives hinges on us defeating a monster that so far the strongest being on Earth is having a hard time taking down.

But haha what a fun time.

If she was in the mindset of " I missed fights" or w.e than she obviously is enjoying it and not in fear of dying. Meaning the situation wasnt a real threat. Which means if she focused and applied more will she could do more damage.

In a situation where the world depends on you, if you can be all " hehehehehe", than any deaths that occur as a result of this battle are entirely your fault because you didnt take it seriously

And Kingsman 2

Hey I didnt say it made sense, thats just how I interpreted it

>The problem is that Suicide Squad was easily marketed.

Wonder Woman's trailer was the only one to come out of Comic-Con this year with any heat behind it.

Like every other DCEU films, it makes for a great trailer. We'll see if those images actually cohere into a worthwhile movie or not.

I know Gadot improv'd it and Snyder liked it enough to keep it.

But it was a shitty thing to keep in. Had Superman not died then ( id still think it was lame BUT) it would make sense because it plays on your idea of " missing the battlefield" and no lives were lost so it is all a fun time.

But she smirked and didnt take the fight serious and caused superman's death.

Also Batman was pretty fucking useless too..but that's another issue.

Well, I buy all the comics, the animated movies and some merch- I guess I'm the core audience and I'm not going to see JL. I suppose, to some extent, that that is a problem. I've also yet to meet someone IRL who liked BvS.

Fucked beyond belief, better luck next time DC

literally every DCEU thread

If Justice League isn't good and doesn't make money
you can be sure that for the forseable future we will only be getting Batman and Harley Quinn crossover movies

>MARTHA
>DING DING DING DING

Admittedly, it was a rash move by DC to try and make a DC movieverse in two movies when Marvel had to do it in five.

Profit-wise, it's doing okay. Critic-wise, they'll probably have to improve in that department. But because half of you are militant Marvel fans and the other half are militant DC fans, it's just going to be a showdown every day like this.

Had I been the one to start the DC movieverse, I'd probably make things so a little slower. Focus less on origin stories, give Superman and Batman some fleshing out before any crossover movies, and so on. Maybe even include a wildcard movie, like Justice League International or Multiversity.

Oh cool. You know which interview it was? I love hearing Zack speak.

Yeah it's usually just one guy, MAYBE two, that's mad and everyone else defending the movies.

STOP INVINCIBLE SON

I don't agree.