So I guess McNinja's over

So I guess McNinja's over.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/778073885178724353
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, this is the final arc. But I highly doubt that King Radical is going to go down that easily.

who

Some shitty webcomic.

Its been in the process of ending for a while. That said, there is almost no way that this page isnt a juke of some kind.

Its just a flesh wound. Time for chainsaw fight. I hope radical gets his shit pushed in.

My guess is Rad had Knickerbocker make him some clones. Nothing like blue balling your enemy on your own death.

Wow this is some buuuullshit

post a good page if there is such a thing

I'm surprised at how this chapter has been going.
At first was looking to be a boss rush, but things have been going nuts and out of order of that usual cliche.

Does this hold up at all or is it as dated and embarrassing as you'd expecting something literally called Doctor McNinja to be

Looking back on 8-bit Theatre past the year 2005 was a huge mistake

It's been good for years. Even the ones he did for his college art project are good.

considering the author has been doing big-name comics for a few years now

Dr. McNinja is still going? And it's about to end?

Man, I fell off from it years ago. I don't remember if there was a reason or if I just never bothered to continue.

Yeah but Gwenpool is a pretty shitty book and low tier character, is not like he got to write the new She-Hulk book or Storm

Mcninja sucks, webcomics sucks, if they had talent they'd be working for actual comics publishers (which theguy who did this garbage is doing now) so good riddance

He also did Deadpool.

I'm happy for Chris, he gets to follow his dreams and write comics that other people have to draw

>/doag/ #1234 god we hate this comic so much lets read all of it again
>/qcg/ #5214 lets get him to stab his hand (not really though bc we love to hate this)
>/gcg/ #500 man why is this paced so slowwww
>/any furry comic/ #51351 so who do you most want to cuddle
>/any actual good webcomic/ #2 man this comic sucks trash this shit forever

Pretty much.
Fucking DoA threads, I wish they died off. I don't need to be reminded DoA exists.

>not liking 8-bit theater

What are you?

Pic related

Everything from There's a Raptor in my Office onwards still holds up. It requires some suspension of disbelief, but only slightly more than the average capeshit bullshit.

Achewood, Whomp and Nedroid generally get good followings here, but yeah, you're basically right.

Also, you forgot about the Paranatural threads, which are half 'why is the pacing so slow' and half Cred Forums calling it SJW bullshit

Oh yeah, paranatural. I miss the days of it just being the /ss/ whipping boy, now there's the other SS on it.

>suspension of disbelief
that might not be the right term

Long live the King

I think it holds up strongly

>Pic related

Really? What was the joke?

Bump because I want to know what was the joke too, I don't see it

It's a ninja barging into a private French club inhabited entirely by card-playing, cigarette-smoking, fancy-clothes-wearing gorillas. It's inherently absurd and therefore funny. Is that somehow not enough for you people?

I guess part of the reason it works is because the story arc it comes from is primarily about defeating an evil warlord who's infiltrating a school. And in the middle of that, you have this single comic where someone goes to get Judy, Dr. McNinja's straight-laced, enigmatic gorilla receptionist (she's wearing the dress in panel 6), and it's revealed that she's somehow gotten herself into wacky gambling shenanigans off-screen.

Fuck it, I'm going to post the Bearclaw Dolphin saga. Nobody complains about that one.

SO RANDOM LIEK ME! XD

>people shitting on Dr. McNinja

what has this board become

I mean yeah, to an extent.

half the plot is the Doctor trying to stop someone from overwriting reality with a doomed LE RANDOM XD one.

This is a board that has regular DoA and QC threads going to bump limit but Unsounded gets maybe a hundred, hundred fifty posts every couple of updates.

No shit this board has shit taste in webcomics.

> Unsounded, Gunnerkrigg and It Hurts get less than 200 posts
> Poppy O'Possum and Scalie Schoolie usually get 300 at least

Where were you when furries became the last true webcomic fans?

I'm surprise a McNinja thread lasted this long.

>Scalie Schoolie
People only read that for the waifu and r34
I took a stab at it and it's an incredibly average webcomic.

I'm well aware of that, but at least it has legitimate (if lonely and perverted) fans rather than the hate-love that is the DoA and QC generals

Kek

I actually started reading it again when I saw a Cred Forums thread a few weeks ago and remembered it was ending.

It's been a good ride.

So THAT'S where that image of a Dolphin with a gun comes from!

McNinja is a good comic. That's a large part of the reason we don't talk about it here.

Cred Forums makes a lot more sense once you realize that it's about getting angry about comics and cartoons rather than getting excited about them. With the exception of storytime threads.

>Also, you forgot about the Paranatural threads, which are half 'why is the pacing so slow' and half Cred Forums calling it SJW bullshit
Still a panderfest tho.
twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/778073885178724353

Just because Zach took another day off doesn't mean you should complain about him in other threads. Piss off

That...explains so much about this place.

Why did burger king have to die?

Because you touch yourself.

''Lol randumb humor!!! I'm a virgin!!!''

Let me guess you like Monthy Python and that show about the guy and a robot talking shit about movies

>McNinja is a good comic.

Just like Gwenpool, I need to see a comic book page from both titles that is actually funny.

This just feels like that shitty brand of dorky humor ''gorillaz using machineguns while riding on dinosaurs!!!! most epic thing ever!!!!''

Why not invest the tiny amount of time required to read the comic yourself and come to your own conclusions?

user, here's the problem. Humor is a very subjective thing. It's fairly hard to pic a single page and go "this is the joke, and now I'll explain it to you."

I just don't see what's funny about it. If you ask me this reads like an average comic

Ok.

Yeah but at least put some fucking effort, make some witty dialogue or something, when the joke is ''oh look, a bunch of animals doing shit that animals don't usually do/random for the sake of random'' is just not funny

You keep assuming Mcninja is a haha funny type of comic. It's not.

It's an entertaining one that combines world building and seemingly nonsensical elements into a serious yet entertaining plot. You need to READ THE FUCKING COMIC to get it because just picking one random page and judging it from that makes as much sense as picking a random page from a book.

A lot of the apparent randomness is actually connected to the overarching main plot and I can't explain it without serious spoilers.

Put it this way: In the comic, Dr McNinja surfs a Robo-Dracula to Earth from the moon and it actually makes sense in context.

It's more "characters breaking established characterization in a comical way" than lolrandom. mean, if you were familiar with the characters whatsoever, the moment would have at least made you smile. Not every joke stands up on its own, completely out of context, so your superiority is a little misplaced.

Beardo there, if I remember correctly, is some huge asshole government agent who killed some dolphins for no reason in his back story.

This 100%.

McNinja is not Nedroid. It's not trying to make you laugh with every update.

That's pretty accurate. McNinja is just a solid piece of entertainment. It's the same reason you barely ever see Venture Brothers threads here outside of when there are actually new episodes. Good is good, there's not much to talk about, and conversation here will basically always devolve into anons trying to show how smart they are by disliking any given thing. Like the ones in this thread saying McNinja sucks because of the pages posted not being gut-wrenchingly hilarious, when they don't know context or situation because they haven't taken the time to familiarize themselves with a free webcomic totally available online.

Basically.

I spent the second paragraph of trying to explain exactly why it works in context, but apparently they couldn't bother reading past the first paragraph

It's a shame that I don't see this comic discussed basically anywhere. I'm more than a little wistful about it ending, when I think about how much of my adult life has included weekly trips to the good Doctor's website. And I'm the only person in my group of friends who even reads it, so my nostalgic reminiscence is pretty much totally solitary, since there's also no super active conversations about it online.

So, favorite arc, anybody? I'm personally a fan of Death Volley

Yeah but difference being that Venture Bros still relies on witty dialogue and characterisation, all I see is ''lol, random animals with guns! Robo dracula surf!!''

I know it can have a context and it can make more sense, but the humor still seems random for the sake of random meme humor

We keep telling you, it's easier to post the AWESOME stuff than the dialogue and characterization. And we don't want to give too much of the latter stuff away because that would spoil the plot.

I could go into detail on how Death Volley fucks around with your typical 'abandoned temple', but it's easier to post the subplot from that arc where a pod of dolphins take their vengeance on a crazy bearded guy

Future Savers
The whole bit where they brought back Paul Bunyans disease patients was great.

The whole explanation between the time traveling though was awful though.
Especially since it basically states McNinja only saved the future of an alternate reality, and his original still exists without him.

Didn't the alt-text for that one basically say 'if this doesn't make sense, just make up your own explanation'?

I believe so.
Nevertheless it's just kind of depressing, because everything's still fucked in the OG-verse.

Oh god, I just remembered when Hastings revealed the King Radical was another Chuck. And how everything throughout the comic hinted/led up to that. Truly mindblowing.

Yeah but the ''awesome'' stuff looks fucking dumb even in context, so the big payoff is to see a bunch of ''fancy gorillas''?

A dolphin with a gun? Using robo dracula...ugh... to surf from the moon to Earth?

>it's easier to post the subplot from that arc where a pod of dolphins take their vengeance on a crazy bearded guy

It just sounds like this comic was made so people can say shit like this because they like saying shit like ''lol, its about a nazi gorilla robot from the future that uses guns that shoot small robot people and they exlode at their enemies while cursing in german and it actually makes sense! Is totally great and epic!''

Its just that brand of ''I'm a huge nerd!!!'' humor that feels cringey instead of funny.

Basically pic related

Same. Let's talk about John Allison's comics instead.

They're good.

This is bait.
Do not respond to it.
Take my sacrifice as a lesson.

McNinja has always been goofy fun. The story is enough to keep you reading, but it never veers too far into not realizing what the comic is. Also the way he's connected the stories is pretty good.

He has a point on the dialogue being similar.

>Using robo dracula...ugh... to surf from the moon to Earth?
ugh, like, i know right? could they just, like......not? ugh.

Explain me then what's the difference between the dialogue in that Bendis shit and that comic?

How Iron Man is reacting sounds like the fanbase of this ninja comic would react to a ''joke''

Final arc started about a year ago, right? I guess we're closing in.

Sorry user but extreeeeeeeeme shit is not cool since the 90s, not even ironically like in Scape from LA

I don't care about the argument, I was making fun of you for typing like a 12-year old girl you braindead faggot

le ''I was acting like a retard on purpose'' excuse, lol. Are you a Joss Whedon fan?

>See Dr. McNinja thread for the first time in ages
>No discussion just people getting baited by the same thing over and over

>baited

Maybe your shitty book is not that great and people are giving proper criticism, after all this is the same pandering that you see in Gwenpool