How would you rank Bane as a villain, Cred Forums ?

How would you rank Bane as a villain, Cred Forums ?
When he first appeared he was considered a big deal, at least for breaking Batman's spine, but nowadays he just acts like any other bad guy.

He's generally kind of one note. He's smart enough to know Bruce Wayne and Batman are one and the same, he's strong enough to be a challenge to Bruce to the point of him being afraid of Bane (see Batman & Son.)

Oh, and he's big.

Why does he have kitty ears

He's a big guy. Necessary evil. Bane.

Where's Bane?

i like him just fine as a big dumb thug, which purists seem to find offensive
i like him conniving too. he's basically a luchador no matter what, and that's not very interesting, but it's not bad either. most of batman's villains are kind of stupid, it's the PORTRAYALS you enjoy. the acting, or if it's a comic the writing.

He's a cut above the rest of the anti-batman villains. He's good enough to beat Batman and adequately interesting when not beating Batman, so I rank him pretty high up there.

Is he more interesting as a roided up bruiser or a big guy with the skill to beat Batman in hand-to-hand?

He's a big cat

>a big deal
for you

no, he's more interesting when he directly fucks with Bruce's life and tries to kill him, unlike the Joker that just does because he's cray.

One Trick Pony / 10.

Those are some small cat ears

hes a big guy

What makes Bane interesting is his intelligence so of course that's the one thing that most writers ignore.

Doomsday tier. And by that I mean he's literally Batman's Doomsday.

This. Definitely when he was created, he was going to be Batman's Doomsday. Except Doomsday is still a punchingbag for Superman.

Bane has so much more to offer, he has actual character etc. But the writers in general just go back to HURR DURR big roid rage guy who loses a fight against Batman and then repeat I guess. So in that regard he's exactly Batman's Doomsday, it's just that he doesnt have to be.

I also feel like what Bane is capable of he shouldn't really be in Gotham desu unless you go full TDKR and make him a mastermind/commander that is actually going to destroy Gotham and is relatively successful.

"Purists"? How is liking the actual character being a "purist"?

He's not a luchador. Aside from the mask there's literally nothing about him that is luchador related. You clearly don't even know the first thing about him.

>But the writers in general just go back to HURR DURR big roid rage guy who loses a fight against Batman and then repeat I guess.

Simone did a pretty interesting take on that by playing up the idea that Bane is an addict and can't escape the mentality of prisoner.

you know who comic bane is or you know him just from that horrible 90 movie?

for you user

>aside from the mask
>and the tights
>and he's Spanish
>dat bacc breaker
no not wrestling inspired at all. What's his dad's name ? Rey serpentine

Baneposting turns 5 years old this December.

This is the only right answer.
I always saw him as being an incredible top-tier fighter, not quite as good as Batman, but making up for it by being stronger.

I consider him Batman's most dangerous foe. He's above Ra's in my opinion.

He sorta scared me as a kid and I don't like the Knightfall storyline. Never really been in anything good since (that also has Batman). Don't like him banging Talia either.

I constantly forget that he and poison ivy are in that movie

He's a big guy who I wanna fuck. 8/10, just fuck my asshole up.

In the arc of forever evil he demostrated to be strong enough to beat most most of Arkham Asylum and be smart enough to control his own army. Ras al Ghul even said he's probably the second most dangerous man in the planet (I call bullshit since Deathstroke exist, but ok)
Bane has many comics where has demostrated to be more than just a thug, and it's also a pretty well written character.
Sad enough, I think he wouldn't be capable of taking down other heroes like Superman or Flash. He's a good Batman villain, and could maybe fight Green arrow or the Question, but i dont know.
Still one of my favourite comic villains tho

Bane is cute, CUTE!

>Sad enough, I think he wouldn't be capable of taking down other heroes like Superman or Flash
Which just furthers the point of what a great character he is. Street levelers should stay on the fucking street.

Bane is basically the Venom of Batman' Rogues.

He had one really good story, his intro, and then it was clear no one had any idea what the fuck to do with him and constantly went back and forth on his morality, exclusively leading to decades of terrible stories and extremely inconsistent characterization.