Why is Charlie Brown so relatable?

Why is Charlie Brown so relatable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0XPz1yyvmXU
youtube.com/watch?v=3ph-biyaroQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because he's so molestable.

Because Charlie Brown fails miserably and his life is defined by his flaws and inadequacies, not on his triumphs or achievements.

So he is relatable to pretty much anyone, because the path to success is paved with failure and disappointment.

Because being depressed gave Charles Schultz a boner.

Molesting Charlie Brown is like molesting an inbred trailer trash.

>molesting an inbred trailer trash
So: exactly as nature intended?

Patty is pretty relatable, too.

I wish he wasn't.

damn you both to hell

I did this exact thing during a depressed day in college once. At dinner time, it turned out everyone was wondering where the hell I had been all day.

These are Smiths lyrics.
youtube.com/watch?v=0XPz1yyvmXU
youtube.com/watch?v=3ph-biyaroQ

That Charming Charlie.

Yeah this hit home way too hard
Sometimes if I don't bother to talk to someone I go the whole day ignored
I even developed a thing were it's hard to me to shut up because if I'm not talking nobody cares about me

what a cuck

Your mom's a cuck.

Your dog's a cuck.

Your shower curtain's a cuck.

I came to this thread to chill not to be reminded of my stupid and silly life.

>I even developed a thing were it's hard to me to shut up because if I'm not talking nobody cares about me

Are you me? Did I post this and forget about it?

Because he's us!
He struggles every day to do what's right, and have faith in peopnessed with something he can't have, and in doing so, misses the love of two cute girls.

He learned a lot.
People WON'T be coming for you.

>tfw you always canted to be Calvin but you actually were Charlie

>chill

Did you just ignore the OP pic?

childhood is when you idolize Calvin
adulthood is when you realize Charlie Brown makes more sense

So very much this...

because we both never got a Valentine's card

I relate to this more than any person should.

Yare yare daze...

I always related more to Lucy.

>his path to success
is it ever indicated that he is on such a path?

No but I posted it and forgot about it
>Tfw being told to shut up

The best part of this is that it's entirely in character

Because you're a wishie washie faggit

>me IRL

Who actually does this though? When I go to bed it's to go to sleep.

Ha! I'm doing exactly it now. It´s passed month since I talk with much of what I called one time friends.

It´s sad, but it´s ok I think.

None of my friends ever call me up. I have to remind them I even exist.

Because you can't sleep.

I envy you. A lot. Trying to sleep for me is at least an hour's worth of involuntarily beating myself up over my own flaws and inadequacies and questioning my own existence and if suicide might be the damn answer one of these days.

It reminds me of the Doug Stanhope bit about "Have you ever tried to sleep sober?" Dude nails it 10/10 if you don't experience it yourself.

Not to me he isn't

>They have friends
HA
I've been a friendless loner for ten years. Get on my level!

I'm just about on your level there.

I lay in bed and try not to think k about anything scary because if I think about something scary I'm going to have nightmares all night

How do people even get friends? I've never understood. Sure there was a guy I always sat next to in school but the idea of knocking on someone's door or something always freaked me out.

He never lost hope user.

That's why he keeps trying to kick the football.

That's one of my favorite pieces Stanhope ever did, hit the point entirely. I never was able to fall asleep without that daunting first hour.

I only can't get to sleep when I don't go to bed. Also on Christmas Eve but my inadequacies never come up.

I miss having nightmares. They're underrated

This comic is hit & miss, but when it hits. Oh boy is it good.

You make yourself a constant in the guys life long enough for him to get used to you, there is nothing musical about it really
That's why school or work are friends breeding grounds, you just have to be a tiny bit social, not even much

My nightmares are like convulsions tho, I feel like there are monsters shaking me and yelling and I'm fully aware it's a dream but I can't wake up

You are a boy with a big round head?

I never once related to Charlie Brown. I always thought he was such a loser and needs to fucking gid gud at life already.

nigga you best be trollin'

what a shitty fucking habit to develop. Just stop thinking about yourself for one goddamn minute and sleep you loser.

Cuz life sucks, then ya die.

I've always seen it impolite to hang around longer than you're needed. I hate it when people pester me so why should I do the same to them just so I can say I have friends?

isn't that great though?

Which is funny, because Schultz was never actually depressed.

fake and gay

what a miserable counterproductive pattern. You lie awake thinking about nonsense, you do yourself no favors by not sleeping well, so your next day is miserable and full of mistakes because you aren't a fully rested person, so you lie awake thinking about how shitty your day is, which keeps you nice and tired and ready for another shitty day.

fucking depressed people always get on my nerves. I grew out of that shit over a decade ago.

You would make a wonderful grief counselor.

There are times were your company is not wanted but sometimes you aren't a bother at all
You have to learn to differentiate when people are busy from when people are just slacking and doing nothing
Try this next time you are light on work tell people to come have a beer with you like this
Anyone wants to grab a beer? Like it's not big deal

Different people handle it differently. Just because you were able to overcome it doesn't mean someone else with the same problem will be able to just as easily. And saying "man up pussy" doesn't help most depressed people.

wishy wahsy chandli brawn

Having things in common. The odd one who doesn't like what the rest do will naturally go nowhrre and never be missed when absent. If you were that kid who never liked sports or parties or playing dirty or smuggling candy into the classroom, will never have friends.

>Anyone wants to grab a beer? Like it's not big deal
What if you don't like drinking?

You acquire a taste for drinking first
Drinking is the easiest way to bond, if you are ever going to give in on a single thing it should be drinking

Man, he isn't even depressed. He still has hope, and still has happiness. It's just life...life is just hard for Charlie Brown.

Eating and drinking are two of the best social interactions you can do. It's WHY we ask people to dinner when we date them.

>Five cents please

No, no, I finish up a new bottle every three or four days. The taste for it is not the problem, I just plain don't like drinking, and I really cannot imagine drinking in the company of people who clearly do. Get-togethers always feel like examinations anyway, like I were presenting a thesis.

Yeah, but you gotta enjoy the other person's company in the first place. The food and drinks are just complements to that. Otherwise, it's like going to a party just for the free snacks and then leave.

This thread made me remember why I don't have any friends

well it must have worked for her

God fucking damn it. Why can't people bond over fapping.

And don't you dare link me to that thread, it doesn't count.

This is how edits are done, noob.

Because you realized that after a few years, the excitement would wear off?

I'm good at making friend and most of my old friendships are dying off and I'm not making any new friends but I've made a bunch at college. Being forced to live with a bunch of people does wonders to your social life.

His mother died of cancer the day before he was shipped to fight on D-Day

It's kinda normal. I think I've been on both end of this situation. It is hard to distinguish whether a person wants to spent some time alone or too bummed to join others but needs company. In the latter case most of us are too proud to show it.

Try meditation. I've thought it was new age crap for a long time but it really helped me. It proven by science and what not.

because they're too much hassle

Fuck, this hurts to read.

WHERE IS THE JOKE!?!?!

>Be me, when I was just a little girl like patty
>tomboy and all but ocassionaly girly
>Have crush on boy in my class
>Sees he actually likes the other girl who was prettier than me.
>Do the same exact thing patty did in the comic and just cry about how ugly I am.
>mfw this hits to close to me and I feel like I'm going to cry all over again.

For a second I thought that picture was of skeleton Bart.

Her existence

It's pretty funny ya know?

Try 20.

Those are the lyrics to a smiths song.

At least Halloween is approaching, so I can watch that cartoon again and have it be in season.

For fuck's sake if you're the one who always initiates conversation and events, your friends expect you to keep being that guy. It doesn't mean they don't care about you.

I feel like I almost lost all of my friends at college. None of my old friends were there, so our relationships probably faded, I couldn't seem to make any new friends, and I didn't even have my brother like at home.

What thread?

>I generalize depression and expect my approach to work for all who has it

Unlike the Christmas special it's set on the day itself, that's the only time it's in season

>You will never meet your Peppermint Patty.

>If you were that kid who never liked sports or parties or playing dirty or smuggling candy into the classroom, will never have friends

You'll have nerdy friends. As you become an adult, you spend more and more time around people similar to you, anyways; starting with a separation between those who either go to college or straight into the work force, and another after people choose their majors and careers.

There's an ambiguity zone in jocularity and common interest that just sort of aligns. You rarely become friends with people by deliberately seeking to do so

>have best friend of 10 years
>always have to initiate talking/hangouts/vidya playing
>stop one day
>it's been over a year since we've talked
Okay that one hurt a little more than I thought it would.

Do you know why most boys didn't pay much attention to you? Not because you were ugly, but because you were one of the guys. The female version of the friendzone.

top kek

And let us not forget the glorious Thanksgiving specials that will also soon be upon us.

Aw snap.

>bloody
They are British now?

Okay, this is cutting too deep.

This is my sister.

Yeah, now try to be depressed because somenone you loved died and tell me how not thinking about is works.

Don't her parents fight or something?

No, it's probably because she's ugly.

>anyone on Cred Forums was ever "one of the guys"

but at least you have a wicked sense of humour

Brown, that was fucking HARSH.

>growing out of depression
is this real?

this edit makes me angry because she wouldn't say this.

Fuck I'm doing the same shit right now with a friend, he most likely won't be texting me back