Why was Judy so good?

Why was Judy so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

dougfunniesjournal.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=1H6Mu8F8iRI
youtube.com/watch?v=Vqri4Lvf-4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've been looking for an animated episode of this with the original Nicktoons cast from the Nickelodeon cable launch. it was 1979, or close to it. Doug hadn't given birth to his younger sister Judy yet, but as we all know, he would within days of the episode. the games were green screen as was the style at the time. one was Sonic, that much I remember. there might have been a Resident Evil too, and of course Call of Duty.

Doug, as most celebrity guests were, was awful at the games. he constantly died and then would look at the camera and give a "Dear Journal" speech. somehow. he came in second to Ginger Foutley, which I was surprised to see considering she had killed herself a few years ago. beating a pregnant Doug was still an accomplishment, as Judy was also given a controller and their scores counted together.

the animated Nick Arcades were hard to come by especially since most betamax players from that time were damaged in the nuclear war with the Soviet Union. still, I distinctly remember this episode and hope to see it again. I think Doug could have gotten more points in Sonic if he had used the spin dash.

She is a hipster beatnik.

I too liked Judy because of weeeddddd

Because a long time ago, someone told her "Hey Jude, don't make it bad."

She was just that cool.

I still don't get this copypasta

Sonic 1 didn't have the spin dash

She pinged on my gaydar before I even knew what gaydar was.

>Why was Judy so good?

She was the only person on the show who actually did anything.

yeah. i hated her as a kid, but now... now she seems like someone I'd be friends with

anyone else hate her new nose in the disney series, but like her newly improved personality?

They just gave it a sharper angle compared this one, right?

it got beakier over time
but i realize now why i liked her better later on, despite the nose. it's the bangs. nice curtainy bangs, no shaved temples

A sister who will recover for your lies by crossdressing to make you look cool in front of your friends is a rare find.

Because she just that good.

except she had boyfriends

because the rest of her family, Doug included, they were all boring in comparison to Judy. An eccentric artsy-beatnik girl sounds really cool, and she was really cool from what I remember of the Nick Doug.

I'm glad they made her into a Beatnik actress, instead of a goth.

>I'm glad they made her into a Beatnik actress, instead of a goth.

The show was about six years or so too early for that; if it'd had started about '97 or '98, she likely would have been a Goth.

they had a weird episode of the disney show where their mom got into cosmetics and somehow became super hot, but she didnt like it and went back to being a frumpy housefrau
i dont think you could get away with that anymore
ehh goths have been around since the 80s. but you're right, they didn't have mainstream cartoon representation in 1990 when this was made.

I could see Judy pulling the goth style off.

>their mom got into cosmetics and somehow became super hot
WHAT?! I need this

tumblr needs to go die.
at least they got skeeter's color right. for some reason a lot of people seem to think he was blue.

anyway uh.. if you haven't been to dougfunniesjournal.tumblr.com/ you need to go right now

>WHAT?! I need this

It was in Doug's Concert Crisis.

Looking back Doug is pretty much Clarissa explains it all, but with the focus of the show being on Ferguson. If the focus were on Judy then it would have just been a cartoon version of Clarissa.

well sort of. clarissa was more of a cool mild semi-punk while ferguson was basically the kid from My Family, the joke being that young boys arent normally into politics and business and whatnot. doug's just charlie fucking brown without at least the pussy game, and judy's joke is that teenage girls are not usually bohemian beatnik theater types

Charlie Brown is a good comparison. Aside from Doug's fantasy segments it's the same character. They even both have a human expressive dog.

you'd be good too if you had mr dink next door, ready to punish your body the moment you misbehave youtube.com/watch?v=Vqri4Lvf-4s

this great webcomic Punks and Nerds had a really fantastic page that summed them up perfectly, as spoken by a bitter, possibly undead Harry Potter who was a character for some reason
>what is it with these spineless bald kids? You get the two of 'em in a headlock, it'd look like a nutsack

Lydia in the Beetlejuice cartoon was goth down to the parents telling her everyday is not like Halloween.

in the cartoon? because yeah lydia was who i was thinking of when i was thinking of goths being a lot older than the 90s but NOT being in cartoons, being that that was a live action movie
but yeah it did have a cartoon.. but.. she didn't seem to be much of a goth in that, and i don't recall her parents being in it

That was depicted as less about Lydz being goth at the time and more about her just being personally weird or spooky.

Goth being a subculture that a character belonged to didn't really become a big thing in animation until around until about '97 or so.