OC - Donut Steel Thread

C'mon user, show me your original character!

Other urls found in this thread:

techyvillarreal.tumblr.com/
chuck-go.tumblr.com/post/107790608224/the-robot-swordsman-i-mentioned-in-a-previous-post
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll start with my character:

Sabik: The Space Explorer

He must save the universe from the Master Strigid.

Reposting this abomination from the last thread- The Dancer. I still need to sketch The Singer and The Painter.

Okay, I'll give it a go. Here's a character I just finished coloring up a few hours ago! She's a young girl who's ready to nervously take on her future.

Hope she gets bleached

nice color use

This is Artoo. He's the main villian of a comic I'm hoping to do in the future. He's like if the Joker and Peacock from Skullgirls combined

She does bleach her hair regularly to get that strawberry blonde color. Her hair is normally brown.

Hey thanks! I'm particularly weak for the Neapolitan ice cream color scheme.

GigaTRIGGR follows Garlic, a common thug with strange powers who steps into the path of fate after choosing to defend a young and spirited youth from danger. Originally content to live life as a petty thief and ne'er-do-well, Garlic's adventures with his new companions help teach the unlikely hero that there's more to him than meets the eye, and eventually find out the truth about where he came from and the mysterious secrets that lie buried in the creation of their world.

i really like this.

owowow she's so precious! you got a blog?

>owowow
tone it down a notch, lady

Nice to see this thread again, anyone want to pitch me their character to practice?
I promise to not butcher them too much
I'll get on with it later tho because I'm at work, and about to leave, but once I'm home, I'll be sure to do some.
Plz not a character I've done before, thank you

wanna draw the gargoyle?

Why not? Will get back to you in a couple of hours, as stated before, but it'll be done.

how about one of my twins? one on the left is Cicula, a summoner and anxious stoner. One on the right is Lach, a fight-addict, dancer, and male bimbo

Posted them last thread, but I think these two are pretty simple designs. Either or would be nice to see

This is pretty goddamn rad

Alright, let me see what can I do

Having two request before yours was going to make me politely refuse until I finish the others at least, but it's so out of my comfort zone, I want to tackle it, so in with you as well.

So how many of you are actually, like, writers?

Hi.
I'm writing right now.

I like this but one thing I noticed is that I think the blonde eyebrows read weird. Plus, who bleaches their eyebrows??

Great. What are you writing?

I hang around with a lot of raver girls and they all either dye their eyebrows to match their hair, or shave them off so they can draw them on in a matching color

>I hang around with a lot of raver girls
Where do you live?

a bunch of magic terrorists getting revenge on illuminati from the moon

Do you write for Spirit Science?

haha, nope

That's fucking horrifying. Good shit.

Very nice.

This is Doo, she's a scullery maid that works for the king and queen of a fantasy kingdom. She really wants to be a chef some day.

CUTE!!!

I like this a lot.

Working on it atm. Just wanted to point out something funny. The eyepatch reminds me of a skull feeding on an old OC of mine. Gimme a moment and I'll be done.

I do, but I haven't been updating it as frequently as I should...

techyvillarreal.tumblr.com/

Well, my mom, basically.
A lot of girls, honestly? Logic is usually "if I want this color, might as well aim for similar brows too," especially if it's a natural hair color. It's really not that strange user, lol.

First one outta the way!
Tried different things, is said I was gonna butcher them, something closer to the original style and something closer to mine. Shame I did them in the same paper sheet, because the overlap a little, but I hope its not that bad for you. I certainly got my share of practice out of it, so thanks for lending me the character.
Onto number two now.

does she get called "Doo-Doo" or does the meaning of the insult does not exist in her world

Not sure I got the vibe correctly, but I like the result somewhat.

fantastic, I love it!

sydney

you got an art blog, friendo?

Uh, I killed my DA, so I only got an acc. on Tumblr at this moment, buuuuuut, I'm not very active lately. If that didn't scare you off, feel free to drop by earthfield.tumblr.com

followed

Thanks a bunch!

And finally, third one is done. I knew this one would be the hardest, due to the differences in styles and my inability to adapt, but here it is.
It was a really nice practice, thanks to all three of you for letting me use your characters, I had a blast.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm going to catch some z's now, and before that, I wanted to pitch some designs for a future project. These characters are going to be reworked, but not redesigned.
In any case, thoughts on these would be appreciated

This gives me Kill la Kill and PH&S vibes and I love it

I have this little Rabbit guy, Hatchet.
He's a pretty laid back guy and chill for the most part

is that a stitch or a marking on his head?

Those are stitches

Any of you take a break from your normal work to do care-free doodles? It's usually how I stumble upon new designs and characters that can be further developed.

This is Rudolph

He's a friendly but shy ghost dude that loves to cook

That's what I do. I usually just scribble some shapes and start from there

cool. from what?

mfw I have an hard time remembering his spike pattern and the ones of his friends

Should i post my OC in my deviantArt or tumblr account first for measures? or should i just simply post it here first?

just stick a signature on the picture somewhere if you're worried

Thanks.

Here's recent concept art of the many concepts of an OC of mine for a webcomic i plan to put out someday.
A practice dummy that keeps learning and adapting for battles.
used for sparring with soldiers of the army of it's master.
was later decommissioned but was activated by the main protags of the comic by accident one day.
it's become somewhat of a ronin of sorts and began journeying with the protags to find more purpose outside it's initial function.

It mostly utilises sticks, rods, and poles for battles, like the bamboo stick next to it.

Thoughts or helpful critique?

i love it. thanks so much, guy.

these are dope

early morning bump

Holy shit I love these

Mid afternoon bump

nighty bumpy

>Any of you take a break from your normal work to do care-free doodles?
no.

cute af

Dropping some of the previous OC from this thread I made to keep the boat afloat

He thanks you

Continuing He was orginally a normal guy with a dream of being a cartoonist and looked nothing like how he did as of right now. Though, he was denied by many studios

Bumping with a gift doodles of lillian i got.

here is my OC.

this is only one of the few OCs that I have but I won't show them unless you just so happen to like old crappy art
this is Ophis Kuis, a boy who's been lead into an alternate universe by some really scary trap dude who he had no option but to tag along with. he's been resurrected by blue crystals and stuff after dying from hitting his head on a rock while running away from a snake, and now (ironically) he can shapeshift into a snake and shoot needles from his tail while melting any surface that they hit.
I'm in the process of making all of my characters in this specific art style, but the thing is that it takes about 2 hours for each character to be done and I'm extremely fucking lazy.

This mute wimp gets confused for a wizard and gets asked to do impossible tasks and fails gloriously or suceeds by luck alone

Doesn't help that his blue fairy friend doesn't shut up

Here's another design for my Tokusatsu thing, spoiling it because is huge af

IMO pink girl's lips look... I dunno, TOO puckered around the lollipop?

Otherwise though, great stuff!

You're most likely right. These are the designs I want to polish, so any feedback like this helps make notes on what to practice.
I'm for the most part terrible with faces, or rather, I didn't give much of a damn before, but now it's time to burst this little bubble and get to work on it.
Here's her with a facial practice I did back then, and you'll see what you pointed out kinda repeating.
I'll be trying to polish her and the others too, so I'm more than grateful for the feedback.

So finally managed to ink and scan this lil'fucker
His name is Roy and he acts as pretty much the leader of the orphan gang.

Will draw the rest of the crew these days

bump

I drew my D&D character once.
He was fun to play. Never give up and stuff like that.

Forgot pic related

Here's mine, I posted him last thread. He's a Gaston type.

Gonna dump a bunch of sketches of my ocs here.

>They're anthropomorphic bugs
>This one is supposed to be a termite (his design was kind of based off of the termites in an old popeye cartoon I watched as a kid)

I don't have a name for him yet, but I'm considering "Tuck", "Turner", or "Terrance".

I dunno why the fuck this is sideways. Let me try and fix this before I post more.

Your character sounds stupid as shit lmao

He's beautiful

Welp.

Turns out it's the app I'm using thats doing this shit. Thats what I get for not using a browser I guess.

Here are some other characters I made instead. Sorry for the mediocre resoluton.

Here is my OC, his name is Miseo. I might start a comic including him...I'm not quite sure at the moment.

bump

Don't need to be rude friend

Posted him before, but also kinda bumping at the same time?
Turnips is a do-gooder squire. Or at least. Would be if he was a squire to anyone. But he has aspirations to be, which is...well kinda the same, right?

Turnip also quite the happy boy.

Love the Metal Hero style design. Good change of pace from Rider or Sentai
Looks great, user! Glad you enjoyed drawing my goofy little kids. I wouldn't have wanted you to do it unless you really enjoyed it.

Hey I really dig the color scheme you got goin' on. And you have some really smooth, consistent linework, friend.
Cool look, oveall! Is he a main character? What's this guy's dealio?

Posting more members of The Showoffs.

Rebecca Cremi, french aristocrat who fell in love with all things American (action movies, jazz music, and the blonde mane is dyed). She plays sax and the occasional guitar lick.

Ben Chesterfield, a NEET internet millionaire and gunpla collector. He handles the band's promotion and finances.

They're in love

He looks fun to play.

Here's Mandy. She is tough and fights and I gave her side shave hair. -_-

Cool color-on-pencil-line look.

Not my art, but this is my main guy.

Monster/demon hunter, as cliche as it sounds.

Some nameless bug girl

this is intriguing in a sci-fi way. plus the detailing of it is remarkable. what kind of bug is it?

what do you mean with what kind?

Not that user, but isn't he asking what species of bug is that creature? Like, is it based on a real bug, or did you made up? Talk about it, man

Oh sorry, well I just called her a bug because she looks like an arthropod but she is not quite a real insect. The more "mammalian" features like just having 4 extremities, the big pair of simple eyes, the fleshy face and the presence of calcious looking teeth make me think more of some kind of weird amalgamation of vertebrate and inbertebrate. Maybe a mutant.

I really havent made a backstory for her so i dont have a lot to say.

bumping with an old drawn concepts of and a sheep character(plan to remaster the sheep's design later). pic is from an account posted last year.

chuck-go.tumblr.com/post/107790608224/the-robot-swordsman-i-mentioned-in-a-previous-post

Right, so, let's play a little game.
If my post ends in even numbers, I rework old designs today
Odd numbers means I'll take up to three requests again.
Let's see what happens

can i ask that you keep my characters out of the redesign outcome should that happen? i don't mean to come off as rude, but i'm kinda insecure about things like this.

KEK, you're the faggot i asked more lewds from on /i/

Draw more damn it

Nah, the redesign is for my own OC, I don't want to work with OC that's not mine on that level without permission. Rest assured.
So, instead of requests, I'll work on my own stuff today, neato!
Pic related is not much of a redesign, but an evolution of this character through time, let's try something like this today.

do you think they would be friends?

Reposting with pictures now!
Overrun Knight or Spore Knight used to be a goody two shoes adventurer who dug too deep, too greedily and ended up waking a prehistoric plant that spat a seed at his neck.
After slaying the last relic of an ancient species and making soup with it he decided it was time to get back home and stop with the adventure digging, for he was really fucking tired of "ancient evils".
What he didn't know was how to remove the seed from his neck, wich grew into a moderately big yellow-greenish spore sack wich started to reproduce by shitting out baby spores (also already able to reproduce).
The older spores grew bigger and learned how to mimic their "father" by growing big lumpy pseudo-limbs and a pair of hands and started teaching the smaller ones how to talk.

Morning bump

Even more old concept art. the one's on the centre are it's initial designs. and the one in blue pencil it's what it was initially going to be without the swordsman look.

Bumpin' with more reposts. Sorry the lack of fresh content.
A Monk Knight again, 'cause why not?

Thanks! I've been working on ways to try and make my lines a bit more appealing- it's usually one of my weaker areas, I think. I'm glad to hear something's kinda working out!

Perhaps! Turnip probably wouldn't mind a super gross seed/spore protuberance, as long as Spore Knight is a do-gooder. Or just nice in general. Turnip's always happy and eager to make friends. Especially those of a knightly background.

I really dig it! Not in any rude way, but the pencils have a great look to them. It always seems to be like that with pencils, sketches. Gives an appealing loose look, I feel. Especially benefits your bamboo-bot (sorry I HAD to call him that) more, since his design looks really static with all its repeating lines and basic shapes. And that's not a bad thing! When/if you do digital, just try and find a way to keep that energy that the pencils have! Especially love the top left and far right drawings here!

Ok.

Myria, the lady has the voice of Loki in her head giving her bad ideas and slowly taking her over.

Frost is her friend that they did magic on to make him giant but he didn't take it well so he's simultaneously self conscious about being a freak but enjoying being able to crush things.

The design of the robots really looks like a mix of bionicle and the ultra-bots from samurai jack.

I don't know why, but this monk knight looks like something out of a french/european kids' cartoon.

I forgot the plot I guess.

They go around gathering magic under the guize of trying to get Frost back to normal but Loki is really just dicking around trying to find a way to escape.

These colors please me in ways.

Here's a challenge: what kind of vehicle would your OC use to get around?

>86434244

For Mandy, perhaps a motorcycle. She would rev it real loud at red lights to annoy everyone around her.

But if not a motorcycle, a muscle car.

A hummer. For reasons.

OP here. I think this fits my OC quite well

A superhero oc I've been drawing a lot recently. Don't really have a name for her yet.

I'll get to it when I'm able to think about what to do, damn it

Cool

By day, mild mannered schoolboy Percy Willows struggles to survive the horrors of high school, but by night, when the moon is full, he summons the power of Krakatoa, Queen of the Amazons!

When lightning strikes, evildoers fear the buxom wrath of THUNDERCUNT!

Well what are her powers?

He doesn't need a ride. His scarf can already grant him super speed

bump

What's your OC look like?

Monk Knight guy here. Y'know what? I can't put my finger on it, but...I kinda see what you mean about the European comment. Weird! Though I suppose ultimately that's somewhat good, right?

>Though I suppose ultimately that's somewhat good, right?
Of course! His design is simplistic, but charismatic.

I kinda see him as the 'wandering hero' kind of guy.

>She does bleach her hair regularly to get that strawberry blonde color

Her hair would fall out after the second time.
Especially being a woman of color, and if her hair is dark brown that raises the chances too. Is it possible to do without it falling out? Yeah. Is it likely, not at all.

But blonde hair or not, she is really fricking cute, like really cute. And your art is like yummy cookies but to my eyes.

bumpo

so does anyone ship their own characters?

Its called romance when writers do it with their own characters.

not true. SU crew admits to shipping the characters even though the show itself doesn't canonically have pearl or garnet as life partners. the creator of warrior-u also shipped her characters even though they weren't in a relationship in the actual web comic.

Thanks user!
Well you're a bit right

He's really cute user. I like him.

Neat. Also those are some top-notch inspirations/references.

Sorta. I have two characters who are in a relationship, so i guess its less 'shipping' and more 'actual plot point'.

After some thought I've decided to change her name to Andromeda.

loving the form

But they're also not the creator/sole contributor. Like am I shipping a character if I am in control of them getting together?

Cause if they definition is they don't get together in plot then

no.

I have a few ideas for some cape related shit floating around.

One example is an alien with the appearance of an angel who comes from a race of warriors in a brutal civil war. He disagrees with some of his leader's actions and views and as a punishment he is banished, sent away from his planet with no memories. He ends up crash landing on Earth and lands in the desert. There he meets a mysterious man in a red suit with a silver tongue. We'd know him as the Devil.

I have a few ideas of other capes too, and I have some background shit and stories for them as well. One even has a costume. I suck at art tho so the costume is currently just stuck in my head.

As a side note if I could get anybody to help me and by that i mean do it for me draft a sketch of what I want the costume to look like. Just so you guys know he's a speedster I want to call Rainbow Racer.

kinda took some ideas from flash for that one but the whole speedster shtick is kinda hard to differentiate from when flash is the iconic speedster

Rainbow Raider?

Yeah, but him being speedster and the name similarity is pretty much the only ideas I took from Flash (and by extension Rainbow Raider)

The Miracles's Fat

I can kinda picture Reese on one of these

She owns a few spaceships. But she will also fly or take a cab.

Knowing multiple people who are of color and dye/bleach their hair regularly, I'd say it's fine lmao. That was a dumb excuse, but I'm just saying from seeing other's experiences, they seem to deal with their hair fine! Either way, I'm sure glad she's a cartoon.

But, thank you!! The responses over her have been really great!

Several of my characters get around on buses because they can't afford a car of their own or they're afraid of driving. Others have a car. One of them drives a motorcycle.

Alice here drives a Vespa. Specifically, a GTS 250. It's supposed to be a mauve-ish purple, but due to the morning sun it looks more red here.

Seeing that reminds me of the Good Girl Bad Girl music video, which in turn reminds me- what kind of personality does Reese have exactly, Dabble? She seems like a nice, energetic girl, but does she have a temper or anything like that? Or have you not quite pinned that down yet?

here's my nameless eyeball-headed bodybuilder i commissioned an acquaintance to draw

i have some doodles but i'm not great

From my current Webcomic. Selena has an Electric Moped.
Johnny has a vintage Sports car and his father a brand new sportas cars, but they're filthy rich.

So what do you guys plan on doing with your OCs? Any plans to put them in long standing comics, or the star of a web comic, you wanna use them to pitch a show with? You wanna use them as just online persona characters or are they just characters you enjoy drawing in your spare time with no story involved?

Hopefully my friend and I can make a game. I DO have outlines for short stories though in case that never comes about.

Here's the full picture of this: All 4 kids together out on an adventure!

From left to right: Zaahir the meek but determined leader accidentally thrust into action, Adelia the rowdy hypeman looking to prove herself, Dandan the overly eccentric nobility sick of people fighting for her, and Sylvia the young ruler of her people that will fight anyone in her way.
Not perfect but a concerted attempt at a group shot of the main cast

novels, actually, but /lit/ doesn't do drawthreads

Just draw them and think up stories about them when I'm doing things that don't require much mental presence.

Come to think of it, I've been doing this continuous, structure-less storyline out of fun for like a decade now.

do you have a link to the artist's blog?

Continuing He became a dead beat drunk after that happened. He felt like he could never recover. He might aswell just end it all

God DAMN it how did I never think of this? Don't you ever reply to my posts ever again. Don't you even look at them. Begone.

Nice titties

sorry man. didn't mean to offend.

She can be a bit headstrong and arrogant at times, which does not play nicely with her low self-esteem.

i know a milf with that haircut

My OC's. It's been a while since I've shown them.

>mfw he looks like an oc of mine in his fantasy view of himself

Is joke, user

Bymp

Another one

I've been drawing a few action poses for my oc, Paulinda Shewoods also know as Mete-Arms

A dropship!

Find some variety when comes to these types of shots. Too many characters with the same stance

harem animu

where do her ears start?

Thanks, I'll be sure to do it for next one.

bump

I'm having trouble with this guy. He's supposed to be a bit of a nerd, immature for his age but also.. Cute? A bit relatable, despite his obvious flaws. Guess NickTMNT Donatello, but not as neurotic (although as bad at romance) and also an elf scholar.
I'm finding it hard to find a face that fits.

He's kind of important to my story, considering he appears on page 1 and is supposed to be a recurring secondary character.

Love her! I had a girl OC similar to her (design-wise)

Time to come up with something new now haha

Continuing When he was about to commit suicide by falling from a roof there was a mysterious man who appeared and said "Stop!" before he jumped. The man said he could give him what he desired but for the cost of a body part

Whoops, forgot pic

That's some badass lookin' stuff right there. I can already taste the soot.

Thanks!

I like how most of your characters seem naked for some reason. Is there a reason?

Finnaly I think I've gotten the Anatomy up to a good level here. What do you guys think of this?

I hope it's okay that my two OC's are DnD characters. First is Paul Adin, Paladin of Bahamut.

Next i have Flamvell, the Pyromancer. I haven't played her as much as i have Paul, but sorcerer was a really fun class to try out and learn

I can't draw very well, but I want to be at least good at character design. Anyone have like a guide or something for designing the look of a character?

Looks good. Shoulders and eyes seem a bit too big. But fuck, what do I know, don't listen to me.

One has a space motorcycle that deploys out of his mercenary ship.
The other a space cop car.
A third gets shuttled around by the government scientists he is the 'property' of.
The fourth rides around her creature guardian protector thing.

The little witch is an elemental and a nature worshipper. She is always naked. The big guy is from the north and he's far south from the cold he's used to. Stone guy doesn't need clothes because he's and golem. The Blonde lives where it's hot, plus she's an arena fighter who relies on speed, so less is more. Only the soldier guy is dressed for battle.

Zaahir is too much of a weenie to go for anyone except the childhood friend

My OC. A demon girl named Layla from a comic i've been working on (and a Creepy Susie doodle )

late night bump