Superman/ Kid buu

Can Superman even beat Kid Buu? Serious question. I've been wondering for years. I have little knowledge of Superman pass his movies and a handful of comic book feats.

No, but barring his candy beam Kid Buu wouldn't be able to beat him either.

If someone posts some Grant Morrison pages of Superman having infinity plus one strength and speed then Kid Buu loses when it comes to raw power. But if Superman gets hit by the Candy Beam or if Kid Buu just absorbs him then he'd lose.

Derp, read that as could Kid Buu beat Superman. I should really have gone to bed multiple hours ago.

Clark can survive being absorbed

The only way I see superman winning is if he can find a way to reflect/ move fast enough to place buu in front of a candy beam blast.

Yeah i was thinking even though Superman could punch him hard, Buu would just regenerate like in all his fights. That's if Superman can even catch him.

Yeah because even I know magic>Superman. Thats why I was thinking if he even stands a chance

>But if Superman gets hit by the Candy Beam or if Kid Buu just absorbs him then he'd lose
If you're talking about Morrison Superman, Supes would just summon up the Platonic Ideal of Heroism or something and turn back.

Kid Buu is a magic monster that eats gods and blows up planets casually. Its screams can pierce dimensional barriers, it can duplicate itself, and its regeneration is capable of restoring it from smoke left after its destruction. Superman stands no chance whatsoever against Kid Buu.

So how'd they got the fight to end in DBZ?

Gods in DBZ vary wildly in terms of power. Seeing as it pulls mainly from eastern ideas of what constitutes a god.

Superman can punch every version of you through the multiverse and can easily destroy planets.
It's not as one sided a fight as you think.

Buu was hit with an energy attacked powered by everyone on earth, the planet Namek, and the bureaucracy of the afterlife, which wiped out even his atoms and left absolutely nothing behind.
Buu massacred the Kaioshin, who if Shin is any indication were all around Perfect Cell's level at least.
I read that, it was just a cool visual metaphor because Bleediac was every Braniac ever thanks to retcons. Superman has absolutely no way to destroy Kid Buu and it not only has more than enough power and magic to kill him it can eat him for a power up.

Probably not (and I say this as a guy who was very satisfied with both Goku v. Superman fights). It's not enough to punch Kid Buu very hard, you need to overcome his regeneration by basically negating all of his ki all at once.

Although that might work...

Yeah probably.
Because Superman has to win.

>Buu massacred the Kaioshin, who if Shin is any indication were all around Perfect Cell's level at least.

No; the Supreme Kai said he was as powerful as 1,000 Friezas, but the full extent of Frieza's power wasn't known - remember for most of Dragon Ball Z's history, Frieza's *first form* (PL 530,000, or more than four times as strong as Captain Ginyu at full power) was the most powerful being in the universe. A thousand First Form Friezas (PL about 530,000,000) isn't nearly as strong as Perfect Cell.

...plus Dabura was stated as being around as strong as Perfect Cell by I think either Goku or Vegeta, and the Supreme Kai was shitting his pants at the thought of fighting him.

Since Cell never left Earth, the full extent of his power isn't known to the majority of the universe, and Frieza's first form is still used as the gold standard of measurement in the galaxy.

>the Supreme Kai said he was as powerful as 1,000 Friezas

By the way, when I said this I meant that the Supreme Kai stated that he, himself, was as powerful as 1,000 Friezas.

Just wanted to clarify.

What makes you think Superman couldn't find a way? He's been absorbed before and has escaped it. He also has the league's help and they could undoubtedly hit him with a beam strong enough to destroy his atoms.

>Buu was hit with an energy attacked powered by everyone on earth, the planet Namek, and the bureaucracy of the afterlife, which wiped out even his atoms and left absolutely nothing behind.

I hate power levels.

He could probably just plow him into the sun. Shooting shit into the sun is how DBZ deals with half of its villians

It's...not really enough to do that. You need to overwhelm his Ki. Even if every atom of him was blasted apart, as long as his Ki still existed he could create a new body.

Would Kid Buu even do the candy beam? It doesn't seem his style, and I don't think he ever did it in the show after being created either

Y'know, I think they've only ever dealt with like two or three this way. And not even any of the main villains, only some of the movie ones.

Cooler and Broly are the only ones that spring to mind. And it didn't even stick with Cooler.

I think that only worked on Cooler

>He also has the league's help
No. This scenario is Superman vs Kid Buu and that's it. They're off world fighting Mongul or whatever.

Considering that by the time of the Buu Saga the average high end DBZ character can blow up a planet with a gesture, the odds are on good for Supes.

How did they do that in DBZ?

Who gives a shit?

Except it didn't.

It seems to have worked on Broly, though, since Bio-Broly wasn't Broly, just a clone of him.

Attacked him with a Spirit Bomb, itself a ki-based attack.

>anime vs cartoon
>flame wars and pointless arguments
some people will never learn

Yeah they got this. They'd find a way.

Neither of those are canon though..

Powerman can beat both of them.

How would Buu be able to deal with being frozen?

Buu's most powerful form (the one where he absorbed Spirit Gohan) was getting his shit rekt by Vegito, and Vegito was barely using any ki blasts.
At one point, he was even having trouble regenerating himself because of all the damage he'd taken. So if the his opponent has enough sheer, brutal strength and is fast enough to land a hit, Buu can still be defeated without any 'clap your hands if you believe' good chi nonsense.

Depending on which Supes we're talking about here, it's either a close victory or a sure thing, since FTL is no problem for Superman and his infinite mass punch is probably stronger than the rabbit punches Vegito was using while reking Buu's shit.

Lol

Literally no-one in the DB universe could defeat Superman except for Beerus, Whiz, Champa, Champa's teacher, Zeno, and Goku during Super.

Couldn't Clark just use Solar Flare and vaporize him? That seems to work 9/10 times in DBZ.

Thats actually a good question.
As long as he vaporized the smoke it would probably cause then yes.

>It's been proven multiple times that Superman could easily defeat Goku
>Goku has beaten Kid Buu
>Could Person A beat Person C when Person B who would lose to Person A can beat Person C?

I'm not sure why this is even a debate.

Nothing has been really proven since the DBZ series is still going and Superman is still going too.

>Could Person A beat Person C when Person B who would lose to Person A can beat Person C?
I'm pretty sure that's a fallacy. Like if you appied this to history or even rock paper scissors it becomes flawed.

>Applied*

>thinking Vegito doesn't implement ki in strikes knowing he's fighting a Majin with a known physical resistance.
Buu was playing it up to absorb him, also he gets frustrated if he can't win easily and tries to absorb anyone in the first place.

Goku didn't beat Kid Buu by himself though.

It was the other way around. Vegito wanted to be absorbed so he could rescue the others before killing Buu.
Buu's digestion separating them was such a weak cop out, especially since it didn't separate Gotenks

Alternatively, he could just slam him into the sun and it's have the same effect. Or toss him in the Phantom Zone, but that's almost never permanent.

Buu could scream his way out of the phantom zone the way he escaped the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
It's debatable if Super Sayian God is even more powerful than Kid Buu. Goku had to cheat to kill the little pink thing.

moot point

it was already explained at the end of the superman vs Goku rematch that no matter how stronger Goku becomes that Superman is literally untouchable when it comes to feats and one on one fights at his most strongest to the point where he becomes Cartoon/ reality warping tier(Bugs Bunny).

>trusting death battle

Let's remember that Kid Buu was killed by Goku's Spirit Bomb. Unless Buu is able to absorb Supes or turn him into candy, Supes just needs to obliterate him somehow.

Infinite mass punch?

I dont agree much with them on how the animated battles and most of the shit they show, but they hit it dead on the head with how strong and bullshit superman really is.

for any being to have half the strength to lift fucking infinity is fucking bullshit

That could work. Though, it might be possible that Buu would still regenerate from that if there's still a speck of him left.

What is Superman's strongest energy-based attack?

Ice Breath,on top of being hurled at the sun like dead weight

Buu=made of magic
Superman =non magic

>bringing in biased death battle like shit is canon

Heat vision which can burn hotter then the sun and cover entire planets. Buu gets one shotted.

>biased

You need to read up on some Superman asap

Biased but it does raised a point. Superman's power is as high as it needs to be. No established limit so he can basically do anything, whereas Goku's strength is acquired through intense training, and even then he is only just strong enough to beat the BBEG before he has to bulk up for the next one.

Superman's power varies dramatically from author to author, which just makes it harder to nail down exactly what sort of being he is when in any theoretical battle.

All the solar radiation in his body explodes outward.