Rock Dog

It may have bombed in China, but the movie is continuing undeterred. It premiered in South Korea last week, and will continue to have premieres leading to its US premiere in February.

Here's a video in English where its director talks about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=o3g5GMWzn4A

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/180876478
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Loving those character designs

Any news on who'll be voicing the reverse-trap fox?

Looks pretty nice, I'll totally watch it.

But something tells me that it's not going to be in any cinema in my country ehh.

Mae Whitman.

In its opening weekend in China, despite being a Chinese financed movie, it only made around $300,000. It made around $800,000 in South Korea during its opening weekend. It has a long way to go before it gets back its budget, but I'm rooting for it.

Here's the newer trailer cut, in English.

vimeo.com/180876478

... Is this a guy or a girl? I ask because cross dressing seems like the norm in SK.

>no sexy female animal character

no wonder it bombed. christ, they made like 3 Alpha and Omega films on that concept alone.

She's a girl. I don't think any of the characters have eyelashes.

IIRC it's because none of the major chinese theater chains were onboard the movie and they basically spiked it. Compared to say MCU or Transformers, there definitely was a lack of interest from them on promoting it.

I don't understand what the sudden spike in furry films is. Sing, Zootopia, Kung Fu Panda, now this. It's just odd because we go around in circle every decade or so and have one or two furry movies, but this is getting almost out of hand.

Are humans just really hard to animate or something?

Haha yeah! That dog is wearing PEOPLE clothes XD

Well Kung Fu Panda is REALLY popular in China due to being more accurate with it's aesthetics and lore than what a Chinese production team could ever do.

...and it's a cycle. Disney went through an age of talking animals. It's just making a come back since everything else is being run into the ground.

Do we have any footage of the animation in motion? How's the animation quality.

The cat guy is cute.

user what are you doing?

Are you letting your toddler play with the captcha?

I believe the implication was that he didn't find Darma attractive. Which is a fair point to make.

>the cat is just Wordsworth
goddamn what I wouldn't give for a decent Catillac Cats movie

are there hot yaois of the cat and the dog around already?

Only what the Chinese drew, if that even counts.

chinks did but good luck trying to navigate weibo for it

A few of them were good enough to draw Darma, but sadly, half of her stuff is humanizations.

Bump.

Well, one of the That Guy With The Glasses rejects is hating on the movie on twitter, for some reason, and his followers are making fun of it as well. Not really sure why. I think the only Film Brain thing I ever watched was Ratatoing.