Luke Cage featurette

Luke Cage featurette.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpYOBK_wem8

>Dat Afro though

I don't know if I buy Mahershala Ali as a villain, but hes a decent actor so maybe he can pull it off

He seems like a pretty shady guy in that clip, I can buy it.

Cage is the man, I hope it does good.

I know Cottonmouth is not a villain you have a lot of source to work with.

But let's be honest, he's going to be black Kingpin. End of story.

I notice he didn't say Christmas even once.

Correction: he's going to be black man who thinks he's the black kingpin, but isn't because he a bitch.

You mad white bois?

Nah, I don't want Purple Man's sloppy seconds.

I mean, that's honestly not a bad idea. The idea of Cage basically going up against the local black establishment is a neat concept if it's done well. Cottonmouth basically running the urban area and "providing" for the community so everyone around him looks the other way except Luke.

Basically turn him into Denzel's character from American Gangster.

When was it implied Kilgrave fucked Luke Cage?

forgot this is premiering in 10 days. sweet.

No I mean he's banging Jessica Jones.

Well he's been banging Jessica Jones for a long time. They have a kid together, and there were some good comics about it... so no? Everythings pretty much going as it should.

I think there's been some kind of gross miscommunication here, but I don't know what it was. I'm just going to move on now.

>I have superstrength, I'm invulnerable to most things with no drawbacks whatsoever. I'm a freak with no confidence.
Not exclusively this show's fault, but seriously? This trope needs to die; Who would think IRL that having awesome superpowers is bad?
It's not like he's Toad or the Blob, ffs.

Do you have any idea how many fools will be coming for you if you've got powers?

because he got his powers in prison for being put there for a crime he didn't commit

you'd be second-guessing everything too

In the comics, Jessica Jones hates Kilgrave just as much as she hates him in the show.

People being sad about awesome powers are the fucking worst. If you want to do a sad about powers storyline then give them something shitty for fucks sake. Or at least think of a reasonable drawback.

Like if Luke Cage can't feel anything on his skin then he would have a damn good reason to complain. Just total body numbness, that would be a fair downside to invulnerability.

I think there's a character like this in one of the Image superhero thingies.

The only thing I'm not quite feeling about the show is the implication in the trailer that Cage goes straight up superhero really early. One thing I like about Cage is the whole "Hero for Hire" side of him, which adds a bit of moral ambiguity to his character. It's something that's sloughed off of him in modern comics, but the idea that he might have, in the past, turned down work from good people because they couldn't pay, or worked for villains if it wouldn't get him in trouble, is interesting. It would be neat if the show kept you guessing a bit about just where his loyalties lie, Yojimbo/Fistful of Dollars style.

Danny confirmed yet

>wem8
we m8s now.

>Luke Cage vs. Cottonmouth
>tfw they won't have this scene

I just want my Heroes for Hire already.

This. Forget giving Cage or Danny a second season, just combine the 2 shows into Heroes for Hire.

If they are super successful, though, like DD and JJ, they'll get additional individual seasons. One thing that may cause the higher ups to merge the shows is freeing up schedule space.

Not fat or autistic enough. It's takes more than just being a gangster to be a kingpin rip off.

They got paired originally because of bad sales, right? It would be pottery if this happened with the shows too.

BIG

Cottonmouth and Mariah Dillard feel like Kingpin split in half. Like they took Kingpin's darker, violent gangster side and made that one character, then took his well intentioned but crooked politician side and made it another character.

Bruh... for real? In the trailer's alone this dude has my COMPLETE ATTENTION.

What are you seeing that gives you pause?

I know right.

He escaped from prison, he probably just wants to lay low to avoid the police.

The main character from Sleeper by Ed Brubaker.

this, it's not at the level like fucking Sentry when you can accidentally the planet yet you're far from being in danger ever again

Seems a bit too smooth to be Black Kingpin. When Fisk walks into a room, he feels like a ticking time bomb. This guy seems more chill, like he isn't quite the big boy but he wants it bad.

Lol, every woman you fuck will probably already be "sloppy seconds" by your definition. - I hope you realize that and let it bug you the next time you're eating pussy. And if you're not, well she's probably fucking someone that isn't you. Lol.

I'm still of the belief that Willis Stryker/Diamondback should be the big bad. Differentiates from Kingpin and makes the stakes more personal for Cage.

And yes, I know he's on the show, but he should've been the big bad from the start.

I say let the Hero for Hire solo stuff remain a thing of the past, especially with Jessica having a similar shtick. Luke being a community hero works better.

Wrong Cottonmouth, casual.

>and there were some good comics about it
No there weren't, just a lot of bad ones.

In the comics at least, Luke can indeed feel pain. He once complains that bullets don't DAMAGE him, but they hurt.

Do they still keep that in modern comics?

That Afro looks sooo fake.

he's basically black john cena

He says it through out the series.

No. Why should I be?

Different Cottonmouth

Lets hope it's better than Jessica Jones.

I wonder if he will end up with the wristbands? I mean there is no logical reason why he should, because his body is durable enough as it is.

why doesnt luke wreck cotton mouth in the many encounters he has with him in this trailer